• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN's world tour plans for 2011

AsukaMiyu · 174278

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:14 PM
Nothing is announced officially yet, no dates etc...

Someone can translate this? http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000065672

They mentioned after North America tour a time ago, Europe Tour will start in 2011:Germany and France being already decided, discussions with UK being buzzy...
I still believe that, until I hear official announcements that things are changed....

Yoshiki is not to blame if they do not first Europe.
Touroperator/management...

The plans for Germany, France, and UK were just as much 'confirmed' as this latest news is. Neither were on their official sites/myspace/facebook etc. Simply from news sites based on what Yoshiki apparently said. However, I'm quite sure it will be true, especially since they've already finished one successful N.A tour and they know the drill, kind of thing.

Also, here's the translated portion where it mentions the N.A and S.A Tours: "In addition to the album's North American tour in March 2011 the second time, South America tour in April, are planning a surprise plan in Japan."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:00:47 PM by Feudal »

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #91 on: January 04, 2011, 10:32:28 PM
OMG!!! I hope they come to Toronto again!!!  I bet they will!! because Yoshiki said it was one of their best nights XD  (twitter)
and "In addition to the album's North American tour in March 2011 the "second" time, South America tour in April, are planning a surprise plan in Japan."

they said second!!! *__*

I cant waaaaiiiit!!! ><

gyaaaaaaaaa!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #92 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:07 AM
By now it doesn't look very good with ANY activities during the next months, X are sleeping for the winter again haha. But well, they like surprise-announcements (unfortunately), so who knows...

(but anyway... how about europe first!? noth america already had you, X! xP)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:26 AM
yeah  that's true  but but but but being Xd again wouldnt be bad at all XD

although i know what you mean *__*  USA  gets all the jrock bands and Canada is all like SHUNNED XD

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 06, 2011, 03:42:56 PM
yeah  that's true  but but but but being Xd again wouldnt be bad at all XD

although i know what you mean *__*  USA  gets all the jrock bands and Canada is all like SHUNNED XD

2010 was a god send for Canada. We had Miyavi, D'espairsRay, Dir en grey, and X Japan visit between June and October. I managed to attend all except Miyavi.

It probably won't happen again for a long time, and its true Canada doesn't get alot of jrock. I was ready to die once I learned X Japan was coming to Toronto. When I first learned about them a couple of years ago, I never thought I would see them live within North America, and let alone my own city!

>~X~<

Offline Nanami

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 06, 2011, 03:49:02 PM
I hope to see them in Europe
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:50:45 PM by Nanami »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:29 AM

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #97 on: January 16, 2011, 10:15:46 AM
Rafaelo, this video is from last year, when X Japan was touring Norht America.

This is my administrator color.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:07 AM
Hypno thank you ..
And I saw this site and thought there was something new this dated 13/01/2011 ..
Thank you very much

http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/2648/

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: February 04, 2011, 10:02:13 PM
I'd like to know what everyone else makes of the bands current situation. It was not long after the North American Tour that some news sites reported tours for Spring 2011, however, unless Yoshiki is feeling unusually generous, I can't see that happening since Spring is a matter of 2 months away and you would need AT LEAST that much time from an announcement to the show date. We just got the news about EMI etc...which is great but I hope they don't waste too much time in 2011 when they could be touring. Europe needs at least as many stops that we got in North America and South America deserves a tour as well. The only thing I can put my finger on is a concert in Japan in the spring which is to be expected. I really hope they've got a lot planned :(

I should also add another interesting bit...I contacted a representative from the WME (William Morris Endeavor) since X Japan is part of that and I explained how pleased I was to have seen the band and if they had ANY info at all about their plans of coming back and they said they are thrilled to have them on board and hope to have them back in the States by the end of the year. That could mean many things but it's something hehe.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:04:01 PM by Feudal »

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: February 05, 2011, 08:28:28 AM
found this post post on animenewsnetwork:

"The rock band X Japan has signed a three-year contract with EMI Music North America, with the first single release scheduled for March 15. The single, titled "Jade," is going to be the band's first single in North America.

Band leader Yoshiki said that they are also planning for an album in summer, and a tour before the end of the year. Yoshiki will also launch a monthly one-hour radio program called Yoshiki Radio on the American satellite network Sirius XM Radio. "

So there will be doing a tour near the end of the year, Yoshiki will have radio program on Sirus, new single March and a CD release in Summer. So if anything X Japan has a pretty big year planned now we just play the waiting game

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: February 05, 2011, 02:39:05 PM
Yea I know all about the latest announcement, my concern is what do they define as a "tour". A tour could mean a one week stint like they did in North America (which was amazing nonetheless). I bet Yoshiki requires significant recovery time after a few shows, especially being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. It would be entirely possible to do a European tour, South America, and North America again before the end of the year, all while giving Yoshiki time to recover lol. He loves to bottle up all the secrets and then let them out as late as possible so who knows, maybe we will all be surprised with tour info in the next 1-2 months

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: February 05, 2011, 07:40:04 PM
I personally think the tour needs to be larger, if they have any hope of making it. If Yoshiki's health problems are a concern then why not just do a couple shows a week and spread it out?

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: February 05, 2011, 10:35:34 PM
The reason any band packs so many shows into such a short period of time is money. It costs money to employ people to run these shows and the more shows you can get into a small time-frame, the less you have to pay for salaries, equipment, etc. and the more money you'll make.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:55 PM
The reason any band packs so many shows into such a short period of time is money. It costs money to employ people to run these shows and the more shows you can get into a small time-frame, the less you have to pay for salaries, equipment, etc. and the more money you'll make.

That's very true. There was a fair amount of staff present at the Toronto show, from what I could see...and I waited outside the venue for 4+ hours, chatting with security who were also waiting for them to arrive. It makes you wonder how much money Yoshiki/management has to play with for these tours. I'd love to know how much the whole N.A tour cost them and what profit they made. The $30 cheap quality t-shirts and $120 Yoshikitty's they were selling lead me to belief they walked away with a lot. It was funny, their manager looks nothing like I would have imagined. He's is like barely 5 feet tall, fat, long grey-haired guy in some old black tshirt and pants. I would've expected at least a dress shirt and other nice clothing. I only found out he was the manager after the show ended. Too bad I didn't know earlier or I would've asked him a few questions since he walked right past us many times.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: February 15, 2011, 04:51:06 AM
They had a pretty good tour starting out last yr not to mention all the extra events Yoshiki did before the thour started even attending europe for an event with the day before leaving having the filming on the Born free video and yoshiki charity event.

How they will do this year completely falls on yoshiki's health, the timing they have and all other events since now they have to work on a whole new market which while many of us now, there is still a lot who don't.

I'll just wait and sit and see how things turn out this year but im pleased

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: February 21, 2011, 05:47:17 AM
"Most likely Xjapan will kick off WORLD TOUR 2011 in late May! Also check out A.G.E. in 3/6!!! http://bit.ly/fix7Vz http://bit.ly/exiesv"

My response: YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #107 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:09 AM
Late May would be pretty much IDEAL for me! No finals, the beginning of summer break... :D I just have to make sure to save some money!

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: February 21, 2011, 08:21:53 AM
I can't wait to find out where they'll be heading on this tour. I hope they come back to Seattle, or at least somewhere in the pacific northwest :)

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: February 21, 2011, 09:45:55 AM
I saw that news when I got home..... very awesome news which I hope they release a list of tour dates soon.

Yoshiki's twitter also said "SUMMER S...C in JAPAN 2011!!!"

some guess's are Japan's Summer Sonic music festival where Red Hot chilli peppers and the Strokes are signed up for.

Seems like a full year of X is in the works.

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: February 21, 2011, 09:55:58 PM
Awesome! With Jade, new album, Scarlet Love Song, Summer Sonic, and now the tour... something to look forward to!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #111 on: February 21, 2011, 10:14:48 PM
"May"? (0 ~ 0) Crap, I'll still be in school then. . . **Sigh** I hope they go to Europe & South America first and come back to the U.S. late summer or fall when Anime Expo is over with & I have no school.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: February 21, 2011, 11:11:08 PM
Deal. May is fine, but for me every month is fine, except they are doing the Europe Tour round X-mas, because I´ll be in Tokyo then

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #113 on: February 21, 2011, 11:25:11 PM
"May"? (0 ~ 0) Crap, I'll still be in school then. . . **Sigh** I hope they go to Europe & South America first and come back to the U.S. late summer or fall when Anime Expo is over with & I have no school.
your school must keep you in really late. My semester ends right before mid-may. D:

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #114 on: February 21, 2011, 11:58:22 PM
@ LoveMeLemoned - It kinda does. I just started my Spring semester of school on Valentine's day & I believe that it ends sometime in June. But it's okay with me. . . because I'll just be thinking of seeing Toshi-sensei & ((in some convoluted way)) it'll make me work harder. XD

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #115 on: February 22, 2011, 12:03:44 AM
O_O woah. That's late for me. XD
Mine started on January 17... :c
But hey, that's what kept me going too XD Last semester was hell in the beginning, but seeing him in my favorite city on his birthday was amazing and probably the best reward ever.  Working harder just makes days pass faster anyway!

downside is that I had a midterm the day after that concert and had to get back to school in time. XD oops. That's why I'm hoping that I'm not in school when they come back here, though I would not even hesitate to skip classes or anything to go see them again.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011, 04:08:51 AM
I wonder if X Japan is going to be around like they did last year for club2themax?

Wonder how big this world tour will be for them and if they will be playing any big events this year, with the new cd release and web comic should be pretty eventful

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 04:01:56 PM
http://www.xplosion-online.com/index.php/en/news/x-japan-news/285-x-japan-world-tour-starting-in-south-america-a-age-appearance-confirmed

Seems like they'll start touring in south america. they'll probably announce the schedule at AGE... :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011, 05:05:25 PM
@ AsukaMiyu - Woot! Dang, I seriously lucked out there! I can probably assume that the North American tour will be in the late-summer or late fall now. . .

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011, 06:52:08 PM
@Rafaelo: seems your request was answered, X-Japan will come to Brazil :-)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)