Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki's health and hyperthyroidism?

Guest · 5206

CharonCaori

on: October 08, 2010, 02:03:39 AM
http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/10/yoshiki-diagnosed-with-hyperthyroidism/

It’s been reported that X JAPAN’s leader, YOSHIKI, who is currently on tour in the U.S, has been diagnosed as Hyperthyroidism.  (Hyperthyroidism is the term for overactive tissue within the thyroid gland causing an overproduction of thyroid hormones: from wikipedia)

According to Oricon style, YOSHIKI found out last year when he took surgery for his back, but he did not tell any of his staff.  On October 5th however, he was found passed out at his hotel room in Chicago.  His doctor says that YOSHIKI gets tired much easier than regular people because of his illness.

Although YOSHIKi will need to keep taking treatment, he will not cancel the performances for his tour.

That explains the fainting, I guess. He was diagnosed with it during his surgery and didn't tell anyone? I hope he seeks treatment for it. I have the opposite problem (hypothyroidism) and I'm perfectly normal when I take medication for it. Is there a reason why he isn't doing so? I really hope he doesn't have cancer.

The oriconstyle article goes into more detail, but I can't really read it. How good a source are they?

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:11:07 AM
I saw those news too and everyone's over reacting about whether he has cancer or not.
I dunno, I know a lot of people with thyroid problems whether it's hyper or hypo (I have hypothyroidism too) and none of them have cancer. What I mean is...it's possible but...I don't think it's that common??
Anyway, I'll wait for more news/info before freaking out... :-\
However, I know the article says that he didn't tell the fans nor his staff about the problem.....but it doesn't state anything about not telling his doctors or not taking medication for it. It's possible of course but when I read that I simply assumed that he is being treated for it but he just chose to keep it secret???....
Well, I seriously hope he's OK....

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

CharonCaori

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
I know one person who had thyroid cancer (before I met him), and it sucked. It ruined his voice, he had to learn how to sing again. It caused a bunch of other health problems too.

I don't think he has cancer either... I think he would have enough sense to get treated for something that life-threatening. It just surprises me that it would effect him enough to cause him to faint... I really hope he is being treated for it.

Offline Juno42

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 04:40:43 AM
Is this why he's been sounding so damned hoarse lately? *headsmack*

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 05:25:49 AM
It is not cancer. It is just damned inconvenient and can do weird things to your metabolic rate, hart rate and blood pressure. You add a cold to that and you got hoarse voice and blacking out. Not fun but not deadly either. He will live. (and take thyroid meds)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 03:00:38 PM
I hope he comes around to toronto again ill take a week off work if i have to....

seriosuly any j rock bands im so there i hoope Luna Sea comes next!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:57:28 PM
If they plan on invading north america he better plan on taking care of himself lol. I really hope he takes some time after the tour to get this sorted out and be put on the right meds.

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 01:30:14 PM
Maybe, it can explain why Yoshiki's voice is so hoarse lately, well.... since Yokohama shows, I think that his voice hasn't sounds the same.

Offline Alice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:49:42 PM
oh shit. it doesn't look nice. Yoshiki, get well!

Offline SkyeMyst

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:37 AM
I'd say Oricon Style is pretty reliable, though their articles tend to be 1% new stuff, 99% unimportant and/or background info...

...as it is with this one too. There's really not much else to the Oricon article that's not already in the Tokyohive one, just that Yoshiki didn't tell anyone cuz he didn't want them to worry about him (yea, and passing out in your hotel room totally didn't cause anyone to worry at all *roll eyes*), and his doctor saying that there is a chance that it could lead to cancer, but they're trying to figure out how to prevent that and in the mean time, Yoshiki's gonna undergo treatment for it. (I love your dedication, Yoshiki, but please please please, for the sake of all your fans, PLEASE take better care of yourself! ><)

Next paragraph talks about his surgery last year, what he had, symptoms that he (could have?) suffered, what other illnesses it could lead to, and how they found out about the hyperthyroidism then...how he kept on doing concerts and recording as he took his treatments. There's also another Japanese artist who had the same condition and is currently undergoing treatment...

Last paragraph talks about the X members discussing and agreeing that even if it's just a little, they wanna use images of hide in their concerts because they want hide there with them on their first North American Tour, but because of the request from hide's family, they couldn't. This is their first tour since 14 years (since their DAHLIA tour in 1996), after they finish their concert in NY, they have plans for another concert in Japan next spring.

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 09:48:24 AM
Thanks for the trouble, SkyeMyst!