X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Stan Lee and Yoshiki's joint musical super hero comics project revealed!

Guest · 32219

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
T-takashi? Yokashi...Toshiki...? makes me think of some kind of fangirl-wishful-thinking induced pairing. I'm glad that Yoshiki corrected him.

There's probably potential in there, given that it's Stan Lee and Yoshiki is such a perfectionist. We know virtually nothing about this project, but I think that as long as it's not too heavy/serious then it could be pulled off. I dig a superhero who's a part time musician, but a crime fighter with musical special powers..? (The picture is my head is a magical treble-clef beam a la Carebears :()

Thanks for the links Ann!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
So its a motion comic, and Yoshiki's doing music for it and everything.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I'm just sad enough to buy this. :/ lol

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I'm just sad enough to buy this. :/ lol

I think thousands will join you, but hey if a motion comic voiced and done by yoshiki will probably turn you from sad to an avid fan haha

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I don't know what to think.  Sorry i have been away for awhile. 

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
everyone will have their own opinion heck i thought the yoshiki hello kitty and the gothic outfits shown at the Yoshiki foundation events were creepy and not my style, but after my friend bought me one I love my hello Yoshiki XD

I also save my opinions until the release of the comic/motion comic but expect it to be epic in one way or another

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Very humorous video of the panel with Yoshiki and Stan Lee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8Y6Gg_LHs

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
But I thought Yoshiki was so busy with Violet UK =p

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I don't know where to post this, it is an interview with Yoshiki yesterday in La at the 4th Annual Rock The Casbah to benefit Virgin Unite and the Eve Branson Foundation at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-77-1TAqJE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

shane140

Saw this earlier :) His English has improved very much since the last videos.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
So the new album will be released world wide? oooo, that would be great!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
worldwide = america

hi there

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
  big picture of both events, If interest pm me.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks

This is my administrator color.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
"Motion comic"? Is that like those. . . what-cha-call-its. . . those, you know. .  . The closest thing I can think of is a "online graphic novel" where you can read it & there would be voice overs & there would be some music as well in the background. But, I could be wrong. . . Anyways, I'm seriously on the fence about this. Something about this doesn't bode well with me ((I think it's Lee's decision to do this was a throw outta left field for me, so I guess that's what is making me a little wary)). But I know that I'll probably get in the end only because I such a fan of Stan Lee's work.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I think it was a smart idea to use Stan Lee's new company to do this, while some of the more recent stuff done by the company hasnt been the greatest in America, in Japan it's done really well. Yoshiki and Stan Lee seem like a good US to Japan mix and yes the motion comic is pretty much what you described.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Yoshiki and Stan Lee seem like a good US to Japan mix and yes the motion comic is pretty much what you described.

Ohhhhhh. . . **nods** I see. Hm. I just hope it's a free thing or it's fairly inexpensive then.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
The comic will be revealed at this years San Diego Comic-Con - http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118035722?refCatId=16

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
6 months later, this project's still retarded.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
@ Hypno - Err. . . I still don't know if I want it or not. . . |= /

I bet five bucks that it'll be as bad as the Backstreet Boys comic. Anyone want in on this?

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Kurenai_Akari Ill take that bet, I think it has a chance to be good since its Yoshiki's super crazy creativeness and Stan Lee and his team's creativity, and ability, plus Stan himself is just Crazy as heck in a good way lol.

I'll be at SD CC so I will make sure to take a good look at what will be coming.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
@ Jrockergirl - Sweet~ We have a own little gambling pool now, heheheheheh.

Arrrugh! I'm regretting not meeting Stan Lee now. . . Back in January, he was going to make an appearance nearby my Dad's place in L.A. & I really wanted to go meet Stan (and ask about the Yoshiki project), but you had to buy the tickets (which was only $30). Long story short, I didn't go. . . /gets shot for irrelevant story

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
http://twitter.com/TheRealStanLee

Seems like the comic will be based on an upcoming X Japan PV. I guess it will be Born to be Free, where Stan Lee plays the Satan...

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
OMK... they better release that one soon...gosh, X and procrastination >.>

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
sounds kinda cool, I remember seeing the image of Stan in a cape looking cool.

I figure we will see tons of Yoshiki's imagination and vampire style incorporated either way comic con is a bit more than a month away so then we will be able to say worth it or crap lol.

Its a mixed lot at his point, and id like to win my lil bet with Akari

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Stan Lee & Todd McFarlane Team with Music Icon

Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane and international music superstar Yoshiki have paired up for an exciting new comic book series titled Blood Red Dragon, set to debut at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 21. The comic will star a superhero based on Yoshiki. IGN's got an exclusive first look at some concept art released by Todd McFarlane Productions.

Blood Red Dragon #0, according to the press release, "focuses on the origin of an ancient and benevolent force, locked in an epic battle with the dark armies of Oblivion. Creative expression and destiny collide, as once in a generation an individual is born with the potential to unlock the awesome might of the Blood Red Dragon, thus channeling a power beyond comprehension and assuming the mantle of Earth's protector.

When agents of Oblivion discover that the key to accessing the Blood Red Dragon's energy lays in music—the melodic heart of the human spirit, they launch a series of violent attacks on musicians across the globe. As he performs in front of a large crowd during the opening show of a massive world tour, drummer and keyboardist Yoshiki comes face-to-face with his destiny, experiencing a transformation that will forever change his life—and possibly the fate of the world. "

"I am extremely excited about Blood Red Dragon," said Lee. "Yoshiki's exceptional musical abilities, visual flair and passionate humanitarianism made him an amazing and inspiring collaborator and I think readers will experience every bit of that in the comics."

"Working with the one-and-only Stan Lee has been an incredible experience for me. He is truly a genius and one of the best storytellers living today," added Yoshiki. "I'm excited with the results of our efforts and look forward to the response from readers and music lovers around the world."

"Being able to collaborate with creators on a global level is always a thrill," said McFarlane. "Working with two big names, like Yoshiki and Stan Lee, I hope I'm able to add a little bit of my touch to a book that my, Stan's, but most importantly Yoshiki's fans will enjoy. At the same time, I hope this book helps introduce Yoshiki to fans that don't know him on American shores."

The panel will take place from 1-2 PM in the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel with Lee, McFarlane, Yoshiki and writer Jon Goff and will debut the first issue.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/117/1179255p1.html#.Tgka_TIqSJk.twitter

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Sweet! Thanks rafaelo!

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Yoshiki and Stan Lee will appear together at San Diego Comic-Con on July 21
http://blogs.laweekly.com/stylecouncil/2011/07/san_diego_comic-con_thursday_s.php

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
I figure we will see tons of Yoshiki's imagination and vampire style incorporated either way comic con is a bit more than a month away so then we will be able to say worth it or crap lol.

Its a mixed lot at his point, and id like to win my lil bet with Akari

I agree completely. . . although when I read the synopsis, it kinda felt corny to me... **COUGH**BackstreeBoyscomic**COUGH!!**

But this picture look pretty cool, I'll admit.

**Clickable thumbnail**

P.S.

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched!