• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"Blue Blood" ~ Official X Japan Fan Club

mC · 17122

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:14 PM
Also fans can now be looking forward to worldwide fan club "Blue Blood", which will be launched soon!

Source: http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/1/5792/x-japan-are-starting-their-american-tour-this-weekend-together-with-hide/

Haven't heard it anywhere else, but this site is quite reliable. Hope it's true!  :D

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:35 PM
Cool! I'm so joining if it's true....!!

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:45:25 PM
i like the name! :-D

shane140

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:05:20 PM
 I'll join! Lets hope they don't take forever to "open" it.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:17 AM
It was in Sanspo and a few other papers also I think...

This is my administrator color.

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:09:16 AM
Fanclub? AWESOME!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:02:05 AM
I join the club!     

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 02:29:54 AM
Win Trip for 2 to The X Japan Record Release Party in The Blue Blood Fan Club Online Contest

Sign up now for thhe Blue Blood Fan Club Online Contest, invite your friends, and you and a friend might find yourself as our guest at our X Japan Record Release Party in Los Angeles — or over 150 valuable prizes. Click Here to sign up and find out all the details.

Posted on: September 26, 2010 at 12:17 am
http://www.xjapanmusic.com/2010/09/win-trip-for-2-to-the-x-japan-record-release-party-in-the-blue-blood-fan-club-online-contest/

CharonCaori

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 02:39:33 AM
Reading the prizes, there's going to be tiered membership. Level II is free, and level IV looks like it costs $100 a year! UGH!

Thanks for the link, though!

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:27 PM
I tried to sign upfor that contest thingy, but it would only let me enter an american address (no canadian provinces) :P and not enough room for canadian postal code, only zip code...

shane140

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 12:48:02 PM
Yeah,that's annoying. But it still lets you sign up though XD,I was surprised when it worked, so maybe if you win they'll just ask you to email them your adress or something.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 02:24:18 PM
The only required fields are name, email and age. You dont have to fill in your address. I filled mine in and just left zip code and state blank and it worked fine.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 12:07:16 AM
Okay, I'm only going to say this once:

Whoever keeps spamming my inbox with invites (whoever Sander Maripuu is) I do NOT find it in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM to be acceptable. I know it's someone on here going around sending them (as you're the only X forum I belong to) and I find it extremely tasteless to go around gathering people's email addresses to gain a few extra points.

You have invited over 300 people, all of which you have received from going through the email addresses visible here.

I will be reporting you for indecent activity--abusing a forum isn't cool.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 12:14:24 AM

Whoever keeps spamming my inbox with invites (whoever Sander Maripuu is) I do NOT find it in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM to be acceptable. I know it's someone on here going around sending them (as you're the only X forum I belong to) and I find it extremely tasteless to go around gathering people's email addresses to gain a few extra points.

You have invited over 300 people, all of which you have received from going through the email addresses visible here.

I'm sure he's not doing this maliciously, but to inform inactive members of the fan club.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:06 AM
You really don't think that, right?

Someone thought "Well, there's a thousand X Japan fans on here-- if even half of them sign up I'm bound to win!11one!!!"

If they had bothered to say on here, "Hey, I'm sending out emails to EVERYONE with an email visable" I'm sure that someone else would mention that it was an abuse of having your email address visible.

shane140

Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:29 AM

I'm sure he's not doing this maliciously, but to inform inactive members of the fan club.
Indeed,can you even abuse your own forum? (Sander is Hypno btw XD) And even if he was, they're most likely going to give the prizes to people who live in America so there'd be no point.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 12:25:45 AM
you've got to be kidding.

The ADMIN?

What the hell.

If I did that on my website they'd SLAUGHTER me.

shane140

Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:31 AM
you've got to be kidding.

they'd SLAUGHTER me.

Nope.

Why would they? For informing them on something they'd probably want to join? It's not like it's something not to do with X. It's just likea news update or such by email.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 12:40:35 AM
We had this happen, once on my forums. There was an offer by Square-Enix that whoever invited the most people to join a group, they would win a bunch of new games.

We had to turn OFF the "See Email Address" because about 10 people (Who joined specifically to get access to our 400+ fan community's email addresses) went and spammed all of our members with dozens of invitations. Sure, we wanted to join, but was it fair that a collective group got to spam all of us to win something, simply because they knew where they could get it?

Frankly, I don't give a crap about the prize--it's more about the fact that I got 5 emails from someone who went and used my email address to gain something. I wasn't aware that when I signed up I allowed my private email address to be exposed to blatant spam.

CharonCaori

Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 12:46:23 AM
That's strange, I only got one email. I wonder how you got five?

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:56:33 AM
I also only got one email, weird how you got multiple!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 07:29:02 AM
First, sorry to everyone about the invites. Please let me explain myself briefly.

The 'contest' on the web page is still a lottery. Me getting a bunch of invited people would help me, but it IS still a lottery. Besides, winning the first prize from the furthest reaches of Europe, they would probably find a way to disqualify me anyway to keep the travel costs low.

Also, I only sent invites to people who have a) been active on the forum in the past year and b) have at least one post. That means active fans who are interested in X for sure. It was a one time thing and I, personally, won't send it again. The system, by the way, doesn't let you send emails to people who already have registered there and I believe that there should  be a link in the bottom of the email that allows you not to ever get messages from there again (no idea if it works though).

The main reason for this 'contest' is for the Blue Blood fanclub, whatever it will become in the future, to gain a big amount of members and that's what I'm helping to achieve. Note also, that I'm not spamming the invite, it's a one-time thing (sai, if you got 5 invites, then there are probably more people with your email out there. If you got 5 from me, then it's a system bug somewhere). I don't really care about the prizes that much, the main goal still is to spread the news of the fan club.

And finally, I would have explained all this with the invite, but the form limited my 'personal message' to about one line of text, for some reason, so I was unable to do so.

So all in all, I'm sorry if some people took this as an offensive spam. I would have never done this if it was anything else than strictly X Japan related official issues.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 07:54:42 AM
lol, I don't see why hypno has to defend himself. It's not really spam, he only sent 1 email and it does alert those who don't know! Besides, if it wasn't for him, the forum wouldn't be here!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 12:39:39 PM
I had no problem with Hypno´s mail, in fact it got me to finally join this thing ... even if I still don´t know what to expect from it now ^^

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 03:14:40 PM
Thanks Sander for the e-mail. I signed up already. Maybe this can be useful in the future and can be used
to purchase not only concert tickets but merchs as well.

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 03:16:09 PM
I also have no problem about getting a e-mail from Hypno, I wouldn't have found about it until later otherwise.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 05:02:08 PM
Haha Hypno, that explanation is pathetic. You were obviously not doing it to promote the fan club or anything (in that case you would be sending us an email for every single small news), you were doing it to gain votes there. Pathetic.

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 06:15:32 PM
Not denying that, of course, darkcat. But I wouldn't have done that if it's some non-X related thing.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:40 PM

I have to praise this. I love you.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail