• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Vampires Everywhere to tour North America with X Japan

Sander · 51237

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #150 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:29 PM
I decided to give them another shot and I watched the Immortal Love video. ARG, why couldn't we have gotten someone like HammerFall to open? They'd bring their own fans to the show and I'm sure they'd dig X Japan!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: September 26, 2010, 09:07:46 PM
I decided to give them another shot and I watched the Immortal Love video. ARG, why couldn't we have gotten someone like HammerFall to open? They'd bring their own fans to the show and I'm sure they'd dig X Japan!

Hammerfall? Heavy metal and speed metal? Sounds awesome! Would have been a million times better than some vampire band...I also tried Vampire Everywhere several times...actually more than twice...but no...just no...I don't think I can do it...

>~X~<

newguyintown

Reply #152 on: September 26, 2010, 10:03:16 PM

support bands dont generally bring their fans to other band shows
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:00:35 AM by newguyintown »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: September 26, 2010, 10:31:06 PM
imo Blind Guardian and X Japan together would be the greatest combination of all time.

Better version of Silent Jealousy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMem7-t8r0

After watching I think Toshi did a lot better singing this than what I felt watching the other video.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:54:58 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: September 27, 2010, 05:36:07 AM
I just hope people aren't obnoxiously rude while they're playing. Dislike 'em all you want, just don't make us all look like jerks. D:

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: September 28, 2010, 04:30:22 PM
First video of them at the Wiltern, showing the crowds' reaction XD.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECBwhcSCwvY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:32:43 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: September 28, 2010, 05:16:05 PM
I still dont get it who and why picked this shitty band to be opening for X. It just doesnt make any sense...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: September 28, 2010, 05:17:26 PM
Did I hear a Boo?
This is the first time I see images from a rockconcert where people don't move at all.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:24:32 PM by Ann1958 »

CharonCaori

Reply #158 on: September 28, 2010, 08:13:08 PM
Wow, seizure lighting. I actually feel really bad for them, but I'm sure if I was there I'd just be laughing my ass off.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #159 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:36 PM
I was going to skip them originally, but I think I may actually watch them. I gotta witness...awfulness for myself!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: September 28, 2010, 11:12:14 PM
I was going to skip them originally, but I think I may actually watch them. I gotta witness...awfulness for myself!

It'll be funny to be there and witness the Canadian reaction, perhaps we won't be so polite like we usually tend to be.

>~X~<

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #161 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:32 PM

It'll be funny to be there and witness the Canadian reaction, perhaps we won't be so polite like we usually tend to be.

hahaha! You know a band is bad when even the Canadians get vocal!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: September 28, 2010, 11:27:34 PM
If you happen to hear a loud "GET OFF THE STAGE!" you probably heard me xD I'm gunna start chanting WE WANT X, WE WANT X and hopefully get everyone in sync

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:57 PM
If you happen to hear a loud "GET OFF THE STAGE!" you probably heard me xD I'm gunna start chanting WE WANT X, WE WANT X and hopefully get everyone in sync

That would be awesome, but so harsh on VE...but honestly, if i'm waiting to see X Japan perform in front of me...I don't really care...especially if its a faggy little vampire wannabe band.

hahaha! You know a band is bad when even the Canadians get vocal!

Haha, we'll just have to wait and see what goes down. If anything, by the time they arrive to Toronto, VE will just turn into an Axl Rose kinda thing. That would be epic!

>~X~<

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: September 29, 2010, 02:22:07 AM
That would be awesome, but so harsh on VE...but honestly, if i'm waiting to see X Japan perform in front of me...I don't really care...especially if its a faggy little vampire wannabe band.

Are you kidding me? This escalating, irrational hatred of this band has been driving me crazy from the beginning. This is just... How could you throw around a word like that? Even if their music is shit, doesn't matter. Grow up already. Learn some respect. You can make your statement just as proudly by standing there with your mouth shut. You can just stop caring. Get over it. No matter how terrible you are to them, it's not going to make them go anywhere. It's just making US look like assholes! How many times do you think X-Japan got called fags, huh?

I'm not a fan of Vampires Everywhere. But I might just cheer my heart out for them for all the shit they've been going through with crowds like these. No one deserves that.

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: September 29, 2010, 02:24:16 AM
Can I give gifts to vampires everywhere, I wanna give them this.

http://hkblog.xanga.com/733409661/

Fake noodles that is made out of chopsticks.

CharonCaori

Reply #166 on: September 29, 2010, 02:49:23 AM

Are you kidding me? This escalating, irrational hatred of this band has been driving me crazy from the beginning. This is just... How could you throw around a word like that? Even if their music is shit, doesn't matter. Grow up already. Learn some respect. You can make your statement just as proudly by standing there with your mouth shut. You can just stop caring. Get over it. No matter how terrible you are to them, it's not going to make them go anywhere. It's just making US look like assholes! How many times do you think X-Japan got called fags, huh?

I'm not a fan of Vampires Everywhere. But I might just cheer my heart out for them for all the shit they've been going through with crowds like these. No one deserves that.
I second this. It's cool of you to want to be so civil towards the band (even if they suck), but I don't like hearing this word thrown around, either...

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:09 AM
nothing will happen in Canada...not like anyting happened in LA

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:14 PM
Okay, so for the most part the fans just kind of stared nonchalantly at the group and ignored them, with a few jeers.

But, Brandom--pick a different word. Don't be an ass and start making homophobic comments at the band. They suck, yes, but that word is just NOT COOL.

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #169 on: September 30, 2010, 12:40:49 AM

I came to this site to find out who was opening for X Japan. Now I know. All I have to say is that apparently their hair never met a razor it didn't like...and I don't have to worry about showing up late.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #170 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:47 AM
But, Brandom--pick a different word. Don't be an ass and start making homophobic comments at the band. They suck, yes, but that word is just NOT COOL.
I'm not saying anything directly in his defense, but I don't think he meant it in a offensive-to-homosexuals way. I mean he's a fan of X Japan for gods sake :P Maybe think of the term as it was used in South Park (the episode was called "The F Word" and it was episode 12 of season 13)...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:09 AM
I'm not saying anything directly in his defense, but I don't think he meant it in a offensive-to-homosexuals way. I mean he's a fan of X Japan for gods sake :P Maybe think of the term as it was used in South Park (the episode was called "The F Word" and it was episode 12 of season 13)...

OK , they are sub-par, awfully retarded, cliche...C'mon people join in the fun here. Let's find the right adjectives that would describe VE the best! ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: September 30, 2010, 01:11:05 AM
I really don't see what's so fun about this. I'd rather talk about
X-Japan than throw deragatory, offensive slang at a band that's going to be gone in a few years anyway. By the way, I'm no more a fan of faggot as
I am of retarded. Can't you think of a more
creative way to bash them if you have nothing better
to do?

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: September 30, 2010, 01:20:04 AM
I really don't see what's so fun about this. I'd rather talk about
X-Japan than throw deragatory, offensive slang at a band that's going to be gone in a few years anyway. By the way, I'm no more a fan of faggot as
I am of retarded. Can't you think of a more
creative way to bash them if you have nothing better
to do?

On this thread we are discussing Vampires Everywhere so .... If you like them great however, if you don't like them I think you should still be able to express that. Also I didn't realize that we were trying to be politically correct. Also non of these remarks were directed at anyone on this forum. I'm not sure if I could say the same about your comments.

I am NOT a fangirl!

CharonCaori

Reply #174 on: September 30, 2010, 02:14:27 AM
It means what it means. It's still horribly offensive to gay people. It's not cool to throw around words like that just because you "changed the definition". I can't go around calling people on the street motherfuckers because I think it means "silly-pants". =P

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:08 AM
It means what it means. It's still horribly offensive to gay people. It's not cool to throw around words like that just because you "changed the definition". I can't go around calling people on the street motherfuckers because I think it means "silly-pants". =P

OK. No argument on this one. It was a wrong choice of words. I am however certain that no offense was meant by it in any way. I am sure that next time a more appropriate term will be used. Point made! Now could we please move on?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #176 on: September 30, 2010, 02:42:59 AM
So yeah...that Vampires Everywhere band...not too great are they?

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: September 30, 2010, 03:06:14 AM
if this band were great, we would know of them at least through all the media bullshit that gets shoved down our throats. then again..bieber gets shoved down our throats and overshadows EVERYTHING.

It wouldnt be half as bad if bieber opened, becuz as you know, Canada started Bieber fever, so all the people can suffer LOL

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: September 30, 2010, 03:07:05 AM
No they aren't. At least they don't have much to offer musical talent wise. I also can't say that they could be considered original with their image either.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: September 30, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
They're just very boring and lack..well, a lot. The vocalist can't sing and even when he's screaming it's the same pitch over and over. The last song they performed on the set was the only one that seemed very different at all to the rest. There was a guitar "solo" in one song that was rather slow and was pretty much 5 different notes....yeah i'll stop now.