• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Vampires Everywhere to tour North America with X Japan

Sander · 53727

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:32 AM
I believe the best way to explain how I feel on this subject is this:

Go look up "Welcome to the Machine" on youtube. Pink Floyd Version.

It's how the music scene survives and thrives. It always has been. *shrug*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:13:56 AM by sai »

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:04 AM
I just listened to these guys..I dont see the big deal...just another random screamo/metal/hardcore band...The autotune is a huge HUGE WTF. Terrible.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 12:48:30 PM
lol it's just a SUPPORT BAND people!!!!Chill!!

That. It's not that X would have played a 4 hour gig and now they will split it with the opening act.

On Topic: I think Vampires Everywhere suck.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 01:10:04 PM

Wondering what Ulquiorra will think from that ugly screaming voice?

If you think I talk about/analyse Toshi's voice too much in my posts I'll try to stop XD. But yeah, the Vampires' singer is terrible. *imagines X Japan touring with Blind Guardian* (seriously the epicness of that would be immense).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:12:06 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:45 PM
No it does matter. How fair is it to tack on this shit band a month after ticket sales and a month before most of the shows. We paid to see X Japan and it's pretty fucked up when a completely unworthy band is going to take time away from X on stage...
Ummm when I saw Ra:IN live in Berlin and Köln last year, the tickets didn't say anything about a support band. The promotion didn't mention a word of it. And what did we get? A support band. In Berlin, actually, there were two. I didn't really complain, since one guy did some X Japan covers (if I remember correctly) and (even with a bad first impression) I ended up really liking the second group. I know it probably won't happen here, but just so you know, unless the support band is also really big, they don't really have to promote both of them. They just stick a more green group in the front to gain some publicity to them.

So all in all, it's just a support band. You can chill in the lobby while they play (ofc, unless you have standing tickets) or play QuadraPop on your cellphone (it's like tetris, but with musical notes as blocks). Having your iPod out might be also a possibility. But making a scene is just really bad manners. And remember, if you start boo-ing their band, their fans will do twice that to X. Rabid fangirls aren't rational with things like that. So if you see someone next to you badmouthing the support band, give them the good old elbow-in-the-ribs and tell them to stfu. It's a support band, they have fans like X does, they have every right to be there, who fucking cares.

By the way, from what I saw on twitter and their Facebook comments, there are quite a few fans who like both of them. Yes it is possible. So respect that!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:28:50 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 01:38:36 PM
Amen brother.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 01:43:49 PM
Isn't it all seating?

Just arrive 10 minutes prior to X coming on stage if you want to skip this band.

I've seen plenty of opening acts that I don't particularly like but I'm not prepared to act like an idiot and start booing or crying over the matter, it's pretty disrespectful regardless of whoever the band be. Just appreciate the fact you're seeing X Japan, everything extra is a bonus.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 01:55:56 PM
I have to say.. I saw all the bad comments and thought "thats a bit harsh, they cant be that bad".

Sorry I doubted you guys, they're awful LOL.

I'd rather not have to listen to them but I dont have a choice. Fortunately for me, I think the ballroom tickets are sold out anyway so it'll mostly be X fans and not crazy fangirls for this bunch of tards. 30-45 minutes of this crap to see my favourite band of all time? Not a perfect situation by any means but I'll survive :D

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 12, 2010, 02:09:32 PM
wtf is this, I dont even...

This just doesnt make sense.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 02:40:50 PM
Ummm when I saw Ra:IN live in Berlin and Köln last year, the tickets didn't say anything about a support band. The promotion didn't mention a word of it. And what did we get? A support band. In Berlin, actually, there were two. I didn't really complain, since one guy did some X Japan covers (if I remember correctly) and (even with a bad first impression) I ended up really liking the second group. I know it probably won't happen here, but just so you know, unless the support band is also really big, they don't really have to promote both of them. They just stick a more green group in the front to gain some publicity to them.

So all in all, it's just a support band. You can chill in the lobby while they play (ofc, unless you have standing tickets) or play QuadraPop on your cellphone (it's like tetris, but with musical notes as blocks). Having your iPod out might be also a possibility. But making a scene is just really bad manners. And remember, if you start boo-ing their band, their fans will do twice that to X. Rabid fangirls aren't rational with things like that. So if you see someone next to you badmouthing the support band, give them the good old elbow-in-the-ribs and tell them to stfu. It's a support band, they have fans like X does, they have every right to be there, who fucking cares.

By the way, from what I saw on twitter and their Facebook comments, there are quite a few fans who like both of them. Yes it is possible. So respect that!

I agree!

I've seen plenty of opening acts that I don't particularly like but I'm not prepared to act like an idiot and start booing or crying over the matter, it's pretty disrespectful regardless of whoever the band be. Just appreciate the fact you're seeing X Japan, everything extra is a bonus.

I agree!

If you think I talk about/analyse Toshi's voice too much in my posts I'll try to stop XD. But yeah, the Vampires' singer is terrible. *imagines X Japan touring with Blind Guardian* (seriously the epicness of that would be immense).

Nono! Don't stop! It is interesting and it amuses me  a lot  :D

About the supporting band: let's wait to have seen them live befor judging.
And if we don't like them, let us show respect!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:48:19 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:12 PM
In Germany there were support bands at almost all rock concerts I have seen for over 20 years ... and most of them sucked more or less badly. And guess what - I didn´t die from that and sometimes even had a good laugh :) Even if this band is horrible, it´s a really small price to pay for finally being able to see X Japan - something we here in Europe may never be able to!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 03:36:23 PM
Oh man. Hopefully they won't be on for long.

No offense to them, but I can't stand "post-hardcore" music. Once again, I'm grateful X Japan is on tour. Hopefully these guys realize how lucky they are.

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 04:26:12 PM
Hahah I laugh at all of the "oh let's be respectful" comments. Vampires Everywhere is truly on the level with the likes of Justin Bieber shit imo. Lowest level of "music" I can think of... it sounds like something that was written by an angsty 14 y/o in high school who is emo as hell and uses Garageband and autotune. I'm sorry but the whole vampire/twilight thing is fucking stupid and this band is a blatant ripoff. I listened to 4 songs from this band and the lyrics suck/are dumb, there is little to no complexity in any of the riffs, drum fills it's all just outa the book fuckin strumming, the band members look retarded with that makeup, and the autotuned parts make them sound a bit like Owl City which just throws a whole other fucked up twist on this mess of a "band". You know what, I can't wait till they appear on stage, because I will have such a great time booing the fuck out of them until it's time for the legends to come on stage.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 04:40:03 PM
I don't really like screamo of any kind at all, my limit is System of a Down, I can listen to the screamo that happens in some of their songs, but I can't stand anything beyond that.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 04:48:49 PM
Hahah I laugh at all of the "oh let's be respectful" comments. Vampires Everywhere is truly on the level with the likes of Justin Bieber shit imo. Lowest level of "music" I can think of... it sounds like something that was written by an angsty 14 y/o in high school who is emo as hell and uses Garageband and autotune. I'm sorry but the whole vampire/twilight thing is fucking stupid and this band is a blatant ripoff. I listened to 4 songs from this band and the lyrics suck/are dumb, there is little to no complexity in any of the riffs, drum fills it's all just outa the book fuckin strumming, the band members look retarded with that makeup, and the autotuned parts make them sound a bit like Owl City which just throws a whole other fucked up twist on this mess of a "band". You know what, I can't wait till they appear on stage, because I will have such a great time booing the fuck out of them until it's time for the legends to come on stage.
Why are you bringing up Justin Bieber now? People make enough fun of her already, it's getting more tiresome than Bieber herself. She has millions of fans who like what she does so you shouldn't judge her! But seriously comparing VE with JB is like... Comparing some local weirdo-band from down the street with Britney Spears. One has some crazy fans, the other millions of fans all over the globe, even though both suck in one way or other. Plus, unlike the VE singer, Bieber can actually sing.

But all in all, it's disrespectful to boo a band, specially a support band just because they are 1000x worse than the main act. They have their fans who like them for whatever reason so you should respect that. Plus, from what I understood they have worse fangirls than X so it's better to stay chill until the main act comes on the stage.

This is my administrator color.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #45 on: September 12, 2010, 04:51:48 PM
The worst part is that their teeny-bopper fanbase is going to suck up all the remaining tickets and anyone who is an X fan is going to get fucked out of seeing them live.

I really don't think that will happen. I can't imagine any fans of this band will pay whatever the ticket price is to see them play for 30 minutes or so.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 12, 2010, 05:18:42 PM
The worst part is that their teeny-bopper fanbase is going to suck up all the remaining tickets and anyone who is an X fan is going to get fucked out of seeing them live.

I really don't think that will happen. I can't imagine any fans of this band will pay whatever the ticket price is to see them play for 30 minutes or so.

Plus all the parents won't pay upwards of $80-100 to let their little vampires see their crappy twilight band, no matter how much they say they will cut their wrists and act emo...god it makes me sick.

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 05:20:32 PM
It's highly unlikely Vampires Everywhere! has a sizable fanbase - especially not a fanbase that is willing to pay like $82 (like at the Toronto show) to see some band who have like, 5 songs.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 12, 2010, 05:36:16 PM
Exactly, which is the best thing for us X fans at this time. It's depressing as hell that we have to sit through this horrid band for a few songs but once they are off the stage (hopefully for rest of the night) it will be alright. My worst nightmare would be them playing a song(s) with X Japan...ugh I think I'd have to walk out.

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 12, 2010, 06:02:15 PM
Hahaha. If they play with X Japan... oh man. They're from LA, so I wonder if they know Yoshiki or something?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 06:34:30 PM
Or worse, Yoshiki getting influence from hearing the Vampires' performance. The new X Japan songs-screamo Toshi.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:32 PM
Or worse, Yoshiki getting influence from hearing the Vampires' performance. The new X Japan songs-screamo Toshi.

And Yoshiki cutting his chest..
NO.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 12, 2010, 06:46:15 PM
Wasn't there a band where the lead singer (famously) did that? I think it was on a lot of internet articles, or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 12, 2010, 06:48:53 PM
Wasn't there a band where the lead singer (famously) did that? I think it was on a lot of internet articles, or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Yeah, there was. And still is. It's Dir en Grey, their lead singer, Kyo, has cutted himself many times in their gigs, and also spilled his blood to the crowd and other nice things... Not sure if he does that anymore, but the band lives.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 12, 2010, 07:14:46 PM
Ah yeah I remember now, thanks.

CharonCaori

Reply #55 on: September 12, 2010, 07:38:29 PM
Oh my god... This is just pathetic...

Offline Snuffy

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 12, 2010, 08:20:57 PM
I'm just guessing but they had an agreement with X Japan that if the tickets did not sell out, they have to add an opener for the shows.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 12, 2010, 08:23:46 PM
I'm just guessing but they had an agreement with X Japan that if the tickets did not sell out, they have to add an opener for the shows.

This is one of my thoughts as well. I think ticket sales have been OK but nothing spectacular. My idea is that everyone who pretty much would be going to one of the shows, had bought their ticket within the first day(s)/week of them being available. I'm just pulling my guess-timations from looking at what's available on both Ticketmaster (and in my case, Massey Hall) and I've been pulling up the same kinds of seats for almost 2 weeks now. As long as they don't cancel the shows, I really couldn't care how many people show up haha.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 12, 2010, 08:38:59 PM
That sure is some generic sounding stuff. Can't say I really like it or dislike it. Just sounds, well, generic.

I'm surprised they didn't announce this earlier but whatever. 20 minutes of this for a couple hours of X (give or take) is a sacrifise I'm willing to make. :P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:05:00 PM by Unoriginal Name X »

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:52 PM
20 minutes of this for a couple hours of X (give or take) is a sacrifise I'm willing to make. :P

I really hope this means we still get 2 hours at least of X