• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Alcohol?

LemonedNeko · 19221

Offline LemonedNeko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: September 05, 2010, 11:50:18 AM
I was thinking about buying a bottle of saké to toast hide with on his birthday... so basically I began wondering if anyone knows what kind (brand) of saké (or other) he liked to drink?

Stay free my misery!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:13:22 PM
I'm not sure. According to the popular video which depicts how Hide reacts when given certain alcohol he seems to indicate that Red wine makes him sleep, Bourbon (his noted favourite) makes him wild and aggressive and Nihonshu (sake) makes him polite and a sharing drunk.

So if you're gonna go Nihonshu, maybe try and buy something reletively athentic (actually made in Japan). The majority of sake sold in supermarkets around here is this Choya Sake crap which tastes more akin to pure gasoline than actual drinkable alcohol.

Offline LemonedNeko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 04:10:49 PM
Mmm, I've seen it. ;)

They don't sell saké at the supermarket here, you have to buy it at "Systemet", at which case I'm assuming that I'd have to import either way since the kind that's accually made in Japan is really uncommon for some reason (the majority is from Germany, France and US). So I was thinking that since I'd have to import it either way, then perhaps one should go with his favorite brand, if there is such a thing.

Stay free my misery!

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:49 AM
most restaurants around seem to serve either Gekeikan or Hakutsuru. Both are 'ok' but really nothing that special. I've tried a bunch of different kinds, and there's a brand called "Bishonen" which is very nice tasting and not too expensive, that's probably my favorite...don't drink anymore, though.

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:08:41 PM
there's a brand called "Bishonen"
So you drank "beautiful boy" lol does sound like brand hide would like

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 08:28:32 PM
yup, bishonen ;) not only that, there's a brand called "hitorimusume" (only daughter) lol

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:11:26 PM
hide drank himself to death. Just a thought.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 02:25:52 PM
This just reminded me of something. I know a lot of you on these boards are sensitive when it comes to this but it's another insight into hide's death. Here's the little story...

When my friends and I were at the Toronto show @ Massey Hall we started talking to this asian guy (not even sure how) at the end of the show when crowds of us were waiting for the band to come out. He was shocked at how many white people were there (including us) and how he likes the fact they are reaching out to a wider audience etc. My friend Scott was wearing a lot of pink and had his 3 hide dolls with him for the show and the guy told us something really interesting at that point. Apparently, there is a doctor here in Toronto who works at Sick Kids Hospital who was an intern in Japan and was part of the team who received hide's body that fateful morning. The guy we talked to said he met her randomly and when he found out about this, he sold her a ticket for the Toronto show and she began to tell him more about hide. Apparently, according to this medical doctor, hide did NOT commit suicide. He died due to over-consumption of alcohol and a 3inch open gash in his head/fractured skull, loss of blood. From what he was told, she said he was WAY past the limit for consumption...basically bleeding alcohol...This was what she told him and what he told me...as for this woman's name, he can't say..however, it's such a whirlwind of emotions and things to think about that I'm not sure what to believe.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:38:12 PM
Woah, this is major, how come they've never reported this?

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 02:46:48 PM
Why on earth would they try to disguise this as a suicide?! Makes no sense.

EDIT: Assuming that this is true, of course.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:49:04 PM by ashtrayxx »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 02:55:31 PM
Maybe they thought this looked somehow better or more interesting or whatever (to the media) than if he drank himself to death...?

I don't know, I have the impression that Japanese still have a different point of view when it comes to suicide.

I'm not sure what to believe either, but well, we'll never find ot either I'm afraid.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 03:17:51 PM
To me, suicide is much worst, because I'm thinking "Aren't rock stars sort of expected to drink themselves to death?"... I'm also thinking, wouldn't they know impressionable fans would try to copy him? But I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about different point of view, considering how historically suicide is the brave thing to do, while drinking yourself to death might sound anything but glorious.

What bothers me more is the fact that they said he died of alcohol consumption but barely mentioned he had a 3 inch hole in his head? I mean, what would have caused that? You normally don't get a 3 inch hole in your skull even from hitting your head on stuff. Why wasn't that explained?

Having met a fair amount of compulsive liars who like to make up really elaborate stories to be interesting, I have my doubts. Not saying that the man Feudal met or the doctor was one, but I am less inclined to believe that sort of stories as I was once, let's say.

Also, I think we'll never know what really happened to hide, and that he's gone, and that we should all concentrate on the part where he was alive:D I remember "celebrating" hide's 2nd death anniversary and so on until I finished high school. Now that I look back, it was stupid. LemonedNeko, you're doing the right thing in celebrating his birthday.

Thanks for posting this though, Feudal. It does give a new point of view. I would have been so shocked in your place. Hope it didn't ruin your night or anything!

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 03:20:55 PM
First of all, if it was the actual doctor and he actually told ANYONE about the details of death and it in any way differed from the autopsy report, he should IMMEDIATELY lose his license.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 03:27:56 PM
LOL it's funny 'cause if we assume that this is true it goes like this:

hide drank himself to death----> OH NOES this is not right he commitied suicide---->ZOMFG NO this is not right either, it's an accident----->OMFG......maybe he was MURDERED?

...hehe, I guess we will never know guys, it seems that there are many sources who can add or remove information about this case.

I guess, since we are mortals, we will all find out once we meet him up there.....I hope he doesn't say something like "Oops, I was drunk, I can't remember" though :P

PARTY HARD

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 04:32:28 PM
The guy we talked to said he met her randomly and when he found out about this, he sold her a ticket for the Toronto show and she began to tell him more about hide. Apparently, according to this medical doctor, hide did NOT commit suicide. He died due to over-consumption of alcohol and a 3inch open gash in his head/fractured skull, loss of blood. From what he was told, she said he was WAY past the limit for consumption...basically bleeding alcohol...This was what she told him and what he told me...as for this woman's name, he can't say..however, it's such a whirlwind of emotions and things to think about that I'm not sure what to believe.

Feudal, this man told me that too.
Whatever happened, we will never know. The result stays the same: hide is dead.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 06:19:14 PM
It's interesting isn't it? To be honest, I'd like to accept it but unless you knew more about this doctor from Sick Kids, her name and actually talked to her, then we'll never really know. It does make me feel a bit better because I've strongly felt that hide did not kill himself and that it was a tragedy/accident. All in all, it made my night at the concert just that much more unbelievable. If anyone is interesting in contacting this guy, his name is Howard and his twitter is... twitter.com/tenrikyotoronto

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:34 PM
It's interesting isn't it? To be honest, I'd like to accept it but unless you knew more about this doctor from Sick Kids, her name and actually talked to her, then we'll never really know. It does make me feel a bit better because I've strongly felt that hide did not kill himself and that it was a tragedy/accident. All in all, it made my night at the concert just that much more unbelievable. If anyone is interesting in contacting this guy, his name is Howard and his twitter is... twitter.com/tenrikyotoronto

Whatever happened, hide is dead, let him rest in peace.
I am not interested in all those theories and talk abouts.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 12:21:19 AM
hide being drunk out of his mind is not a new revelation. It has been stated on numerous occasions that he arrived home in the morning accompanied by  his brother drunk out of his mind. Taiji has speculated in his book that this was the reason why he lost consciousness while trying to stretch and in the end managed to hang himself. Yoshiki shares this theory. It is called death by misadventure.
His death certificate called it accidental death. In the end same shit different pile. So, R.I.P. hide san. You will always be sadly missed by all.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:12:16 AM

His death certificate called it accidental death.

I've heard that it was reported by the police and the newspapers as 'suicide'. Is that not true then? (not whether it was or not but whether the word 'suicide' was used.)
I can't know what the police said but in one of those videos that talk about his death and funeral I have clearly seen a newspaper with the word 'jisatsu' on the article title.
Of course the media often do report whatever they want but I was under the impression that what the media reported was the words of the police that were later changed by everyone to 'accident'.

Also, not that it matters, but I never believed it was an accident and I would like to know the full truth/details behind it. Not that I'm likely to ever will.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 02:05:02 AM

His death certificate called it accidental death.

I've heard that it was reported by the police and the newspapers as 'suicide'. Is that not true then? (not whether it was or not but whether the word 'suicide' was used.)
I can't know what the police said but in one of those videos that talk about his death and funeral I have clearly seen a newspaper with the word 'jisatsu' on the article title.
Of course the media often do report whatever they want but I was under the impression that what the media reported was the words of the police that were later changed by everyone to 'accident'.

Also, not that it matters, but I never believed it was an accident and I would like to know the full truth/details behind it. Not that I'm likely to ever will.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D00EFD7103DF93BA25755C0A96E958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 02:20:31 AM
Great, thanks for the link...:-)
Now, could possibly anyone find me a link where Yoshiki states he believes it was an accident?
My memory could be off but in all of his interviews that I've read and watched (those subbed at least) I never heard him calling it an accident...though, I am really not famous for my memory skills.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 02:58:48 AM

Whatever happened, hide is dead, let him rest in peace.
I am not interested in all those theories and talk abouts.

Like I said, this is a touchy subject for many people on here. Sorry to be blunt but if you don't like it, then don't read/comment on it. His death is mysterious and I don't think it's wrong to debate/think/wonder/ask questions about it. I find it keeps hide's spirit alive no matter how we discuss him. All I'm saying is what I was told and what you were apparently told by that guy at the Toronto show. It's just an insight into what probably happened and how.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:31 AM
Like I said, this is a touchy subject for many people on here. Sorry to be blunt but if you don't like it, then don't read/comment on it. His death is mysterious and I don't think it's wrong to debate/think/wonder/ask questions about it. I find it keeps hide's spirit alive no matter how we discuss him. All I'm saying is what I was told and what you were apparently told by that guy at the Toronto show. It's just an insight into what probably happened and how.
I think that I am free to read and free to write just like you are.
I always thought it was an accident due to be too drunk, like Taiji and Yoshiki believe; people that I believe that knowed hide very well.

hide being drunk out of his mind is not a new revelation. It has been stated on numerous occasions that he arrived home in the morning accompanied by  his brother drunk out of his mind. Taiji has speculated in his book that this was the reason why he lost consciousness while trying to stretch and in the end managed to hang himself. Yoshiki shares this theory. It is called death by misadventure.
His death certificate called it accidental death. In the end same shit different pile. So, R.I.P. hide san. You will always be sadly missed by all.

I agree!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:27:09 AM by Ann1958 »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 06:31:49 AM
I think that I am free to read and free to write just like you are.
I always thought it was an accident due to be too drunk, like Taiji and Yoshiki believe; people that I believe that knowed hide very well.

I agree!

Yea I know but you can't go and declare the topic null and void based on your opinion and say "I am not interested in all those theories and talk abouts." then come back and say you're free to write about it (which obviously everyone is). It's one or the other lol...

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 07:38:18 AM
I believe that in this case there TOO many things done behind the public's ( and not only) back. So it's quite impossible to be sure indeed.

Japan in 1998 was really quite a different thing than in 2010.

PARTY HARD

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:57 AM
I have send email to Matsumoto Hiroshi about this subject.  Maybe he will response.
In japan alot of people believe hide was killed by his brother or his at the time girlfriend. I personal don't know what to believe
 hide-sama is dead and is not come back. And sometime it is better not knowing the truth. 

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 05:19:24 AM
Yea I know but you can't go and declare the topic null and void based on your opinion and say "I am not interested in all those theories and talk abouts." then come back and say you're free to write about it (which obviously everyone is). It's one or the other lol...

--> I don't expressed me very well I suppose: I'm not interested in the twitter account...
I was not in the concert, this guy told me that on facebook.
hide is dead, he will not come back whatever happened and I find it strange that the doctor told that to this guy whithout knowing him. It is not very discrete, that is something that I don't like. Doctors have to be discrete.
Anyway it is known that hide was too much drunk when he came home.
To Ana: I don't believe he was killed, I believe it was an accident, like Yoshiki and Taiji believe.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:20 AM

It is not very discrete, that is something that I don't like. Doctors have to be discrete.

lol, you are correct, but you will be amazed by what kind of things doctors have done and are willilng to do.....of course I am not pointing this subject towards this specific doctor, I'm just saying.

...anyway, that's a bit of topic I guess

However, I need to disagree with anna_lepard and say that it's always up to the individual's choice whether he or she wants to know the truth. In my case, the truth must ALWAYS be revealed.

But anyway, concerning this case we can't exactly force answers out of them.

PARTY HARD

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 08:18:46 AM
I'm not sure I'm going to make a lot of sense but I'd like to add this to the discussion : I think the word suicide can be interpreted in many different ways. If hide drank to the point of actually dying, wether it be a conscious act or not, why not call it suicide? After all, no one forced him to drink, he did it himself, knowing that alcohol can cause death. So even though I believe it was an accident, I can understand why it was labelled 'suicide'.

As for this doctor... well, doctors can be really talkative when they want to be. Even if I usually don't buy half ot it, it wouldn't be the first time I hear rumors concerning celebrities coming from doctors.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:00 PM
Suicide is intentional. If there is no evidence of intent it should not be labeled suicide.