• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Roseland Ballroom, New York - October 10th

Sander · 61020

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:38 PM
I wrote out my experience with the concert here, if any of you guys were interested. I didn't cover anything that we all don't already know (Like the setlist) but here's just a personal account. you guys can skip the first part, because it's just me rambling on and on.

http://rsasai.livejournal.com/34876.html#cutid1

It was lovely getting to know you guys who were on the second part of the line right up front!

This is an amazing account of your X experience!  Loved reading it.  

It's really fucked up that someone punched you in the throat on the way to buy merch?!  Damn.. ..what the hell?

I feel sorry for all the shit you and many of the X fans went through - but damn - did all of you represent or what?  Way to go!  ^_^

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: October 12, 2010, 11:40:57 PM
@CharonCaori:  Loved reading your account of your  X perience.  That sucks that the floor got so out of hand that you had to leave the pit just to breathe.  I've had that happen myself so I know how awful that feels (like your ribs are actually going to cave in and break).  Not to mention your friends literally falling on the floor.  Goodness....

As I mentioned earlier, it sure sounds like all of you that went to the NY show represented like nobody's business.  I'm sure the band will be riding the memory of that gig for months to come...  well done!

^_^

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: October 12, 2010, 11:41:48 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to go back in a little while and fix it up, add a little more, but I figured I would get most of it out. Frankly, I'll never be able to explain everything that went on during those hours, because there was just so much. No words could really explain it.

Getting punched in the throat sucked though... feel bad about coughing blood up all over my friend's car.

And yes! Crazy drunk chick! My lord--it was hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Just a quick question-- are you Mark?

Yep, that's me.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: October 12, 2010, 11:43:17 PM
I also became really good friends with the 4 japanese girls who were next to us, one sent me an e-mail yesterday saying the following:

"Yesterday X's  show was awesome!!
It's the best in North American Tour!!

And it's the best memory that  i slept on the street ,the central city of the world New York!!!!!!hahaha!!

You and your friends are very kind!!
Really nice to meet you!!
Thank you soooooooooooo much!!

If you come to Japan, please tell me!!
We are X!!!!!!!!"

I guess I made a friend for life!

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: October 12, 2010, 11:53:52 PM
Thanks for the updates & the awesome reviews!

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: October 12, 2010, 11:59:02 PM
I'm Heather. I was the girl who walked with you to the electronics store and got the guy to drop the price on those speakers.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: October 13, 2010, 12:06:05 AM
Oh hey Heather! You got him down 50%, I was pretty impressed. Those provided some good hours of hard rocking. Can't wait for the next one!

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: October 13, 2010, 12:22:09 AM
Yoshiki said they were planning to tour the US again--I'm imagining a New York sleepover in the streets for 2011? Y/Y?

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: October 13, 2010, 12:29:30 AM
I'll make sure to take the whole week off next time. Maybe they'll come to my hood in D.C.

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:40 AM
MORE PHOTO'S AND A REPORT!! xD At this point I'm just scavenging the internet for ways of reliving that night.....

http://themusic.fm/2010.10.12/live-review-x-japan-at-roseland-ballroom

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32407648@N06/5073474707/

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: October 13, 2010, 03:36:40 AM
REQUEST: Does anyone have any extra tour T-shirts, or know anyone who does?! I bought the hoodie, but forgot to buy the shirt (I was just so pumped I wasn't even paying attention.) Any adult mediums out there? I'll pay a lot over what you paid, let me know!

Offline whitehawk

• View Profile
Reply #191 on: October 13, 2010, 05:21:17 AM
Thanks everyone to upload all of pics and video.
That pushing made me feel bad but the concert was awesome ><.
I hope they were planing to tour again hahaha

WE R X

Offline Valaris

• View Profile
Reply #192 on: October 13, 2010, 05:26:00 AM
Here's a video the guy sitting next to me took of Yoshiki backstage and the beginning of the concert.

CharonCaori

Reply #193 on: October 13, 2010, 06:03:37 AM
I wrote out my experience with the concert here, if any of you guys were interested. I didn't cover anything that we all don't already know (Like the setlist) but here's just a personal account. you guys can skip the first part, because it's just me rambling on and on.

http://rsasai.livejournal.com/34876.html#cutid1

It was lovely getting to know you guys who were on the second part of the line right up front!
Sai, it was so much fun hanging out with you! Maybe I'll get to meet up with you again someday.

I COMPLETLEY agreed with you, about everything. The line, the pit, art of life... but HOLY SHIT, someone punched you in the throat? I'm SO SORRY. Are you okay now?

You're welcome, YourFuneral. Sorry for all the complaining, it was really a lot more fun than I made it sound!

GoskinsVT, wow, awesome! I should've asked for the email of the girl who gave me the hide plushies. I wasn't even thinking at the time, I feel so mean. Someone else in line actually gave me a copy of the Yokohama live, so I'm going to email her tomorrow to thank her. It was so much fun.

I'll be sure to camp out with you guys again next time!

Valaris, thanks for the video! It's so cool!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:05:32 AM by CharonCaori »

Offline TheCatacomb

• View Profile
Reply #194 on: October 13, 2010, 08:05:15 AM
lol the pinball analogy for the pit was a good one. Personally I felt it was like being stuck in the ocean and getting hit by continuous giant waves from all directions.

btw, guys, check this out- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVectorC1

It's the full concert and it's easily the best quality i've found so far. It's enough to quench my desire to relive the concert.. for now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:16:34 AM by TheCatacomb »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: October 13, 2010, 10:56:18 AM
Drain's the only song in this playlist that didn't get any attention XD, seems to me he doesn't like Drain either.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:13 AM
CAKE

From this gallery, thanks Xplosion.

http://www.barks.jp/feature/?id=1000064794&p=0

Heath: pfft, they didn't promise me any of that cake, hmph!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:11:16 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #197 on: October 13, 2010, 08:28:58 PM
I REALLY want to write something, but I'm still in total disbelief.

Even though I had to leave the pit eventually I still had a lot of fun. But I'm still like "... I saw X Japan? ... o.o THAT WAS REAL WHAT?"

I had a lot of fun in line, too. If I could do that once every month, I WOULD. :D haha. I took pictures with cosplayers, I helped bring around the sign for the band that CharonCaori made at one point during Sunday afternoon, and met a handful of people.

And then I had a midterm the next day. I passed XP but returning to normal life made this feel even more like a dream than a reality. :c

Next time I want to be more social in line and make more friends. ;D This has to be the best concert I've attended.

CharonCaori

Reply #198 on: October 14, 2010, 12:57:24 AM

Even though I had to leave the pit eventually I still had a lot of fun. But I'm still like "... I saw X Japan? ... o.o THAT WAS REAL WHAT?"

I had a lot of fun in line, too. If I could do that once every month, I WOULD. :D haha. I took pictures with cosplayers, I helped bring around the sign for the band that CharonCaori made at one point during Sunday afternoon, and met a handful of people.

And then I had a midterm the next day. I passed XP but returning to normal life made this feel even more like a dream than a reality. :c

Next time I want to be more social in line and make more friends. ;D This has to be the best concert I've attended.
Thanks again for helping pass around that sign. I got so lazy by the time more and more people started showing up... haha. I'm glad you passed your midterm! I went to the doctor today, I got all sorts of medicine. Hopefully my voice comes back soon, heh.

Offline garroad_ran

• View Profile
Reply #199 on: October 14, 2010, 02:46:38 AM
This has to be the best concert I've attended.

I agree with pretty much everything everyone is saying in this thread.  Especially this statement!  (And there was some majorly stiff competition to live up to!  I've been to some awesome concerts)

ladida

Reply #200 on: October 14, 2010, 04:00:11 AM
Agreed, great concert.

Here's a great video from the concert of Silent Jealousy, one of my fave songs:

Offline dirufxxer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: October 14, 2010, 04:09:17 AM
This has to be the best concert I've attended.

I agree with pretty much everything everyone is saying in this thread.  Especially this statement!  (And there was some majorly stiff competition to live up to!  I've been to some awesome concerts)
lol this was my 2cd favorite concert ever,Dir en Grey is still my favorite, but X did manage to top Muse, Lady Gaga, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra whom i saw all in the same year, so the memory i had of each concert is still vivid

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #202 on: October 14, 2010, 02:47:30 PM

This is my administrator color.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:40 PM
Getting a poster I stole from the ballroom + my ticket + the picture above of all the band members with the X pose, will post the final result.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:00:37 AM by GoskinsVT »

CharonCaori

Reply #204 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:42 AM
Awesome poster! I should have thought of that, hahaha.

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #205 on: October 16, 2010, 03:26:32 AM

Thanks again for helping pass around that sign. I got so lazy by the time more and more people started showing up... haha. I'm glad you passed your midterm! I went to the doctor today, I got all sorts of medicine. Hopefully my voice comes back soon, heh.
No problem, we both had a lot of fun doing that. :] I'd do it again if I had the chance. A few of us should make signs next time so that there can be more room for sigs. XDD

I really hope you're feeling better now *_*!!

CharonCaori

Reply #206 on: October 16, 2010, 10:45:43 PM
I feel fine now, thank you! I have so much work to catch up on though!!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:47 PM
I cant say anything that hasnt already been said.

Best concert I've ever been to. Period. The crowd werent perfect. The pushing was BS. I was about 15 rows back so I had a bit of breathing room. I have to admit, I did have tears in my eyes (tears of joy) during the intro when I saw Yoshiki standing on the drum kit and the band coming out. Sai, I was one of the british guys you spoke to when you were seeing how big the line was. I dont know how good your memory is, I was the white guy, my friend was the taller guy with a british flag wrapped around him.

I've wanted to post up a blog about my entire trip and the X concert but I came back home to a sick girlfriend, sick child and a lot of shit to sort out. I've been back a week and I've literally only just taken my clothes out of the suitcase to wash them. Its been a shit week with sickness and work.. will try and post up a full blog sometime soon. Here's the X highlights (as most probably dont care about what else I did).

Friday, 11.30am. Walked to the ballroom to scope out the area, see where the local food/drink/toilet places where and stuff. Met up with a couple of people I chat to online, they were awesome. Sat around with them for 30 mins before heading off to comic-con.
Saturday: comic con all day :D
sunday: comic con until around 1pm then went to get food and walk up to the ballroom. Weirdly, we walked a block too far and ended up walking past all the tour buses and accidentally found the back of the line :D we went to the front box office to collect our tickets then made our way to the back. There was only about 150-200 people in front of us (I think). We were right next to the truck that was recording the show. Stood around talking and waiting. A girl I was speaking to on facebook who flew from Japan saw me when they arrived (around 5pm) and the queue was huge.. so I let her jump the queue in front of me because i'm nice (or I'm an asshole, depending on where in the queue you were! :D). We waited.. and waited.. then we heard them rehearsing.. that was awesome.. and people kept walking in and out of the media truck so we kept seeing them on the screens.. that got us pumped.. then we waited.. then we got free pizza from Yoshiki :D then a bit more waiting and we started moving. We got in, I spent $300 on merchandise straight away as I didnt want to try after the gig to find out they sold out, then we moved into the main area. Support band started, they were shit. waste of space and time.

Then came what felt like the longest 30-45 mins of my life. The wait between the support band getting their shit off stage and X coming on. It was mind blowing. You all know the setlist, you all know the birthday wishes. I wont bother with any of that. However, I must apologie to the Japanese couple who were standing next to me. They probably wont read this, but I'm sorry. They'd clearly never met a 6 foot tall white guy from britain who LOVES X JAPAN. When I started screaming and jumping up and down, they looked horrified! I didnt hit them or bump into them, I think they were just shocked at how excited I was LOL. So I apologise for scaring you. I'm a nice guy, I just got a bit hyper, thats all :D

When Yoshiki gave his speech about knowing Toshi since they were kids.. and going through all the shit they've been through and wanting to be here.. there were more tears in my eyes. It was emotional. You could feel his emotions in his voice.. especially when he said "WE ARE GOING TO KEEP GOING. WE WILL KEEP FUCKING GOING!!!! WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE!!!!!!!!!". I went a bit crazy during X and Art Of Life.. but thats all part of the fun. Then came the inevitable. The concert ended. It was amazing, but also sad. I've been waiting for this moment for about 9 years.. and I didnt want it to end. But I guess it had to at some point! We let everyone else pour out the roseland before we moved as we knew it would be crowded. On the way out, I saw a Japanese girl crying hysterically like someone had just died. It was emotional, but Japanese girls are a bit dramatic! We then proceeded to walk back to the hotel.. which was 14 blocks down and 5 blocks across.. after standing all day and walking all day.. that was silly. We got back to the hotel and pretty much passed out when we hit the beds. Slept for 12 hours and could barely walk when I woke up.. but you know what? I'd do it again in a fucking heartbeat. And it was worth every penny.. even if I am paying this trip off for the next 5 months! :D

edit: and they arent the best pics but here are the pics me and my mate took: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=565654&l=584a71ccd4&id=589370633
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:49:31 PM by BizKiTRoAcH »

CharonCaori

Reply #208 on: October 23, 2010, 10:40:12 PM
Awesome. I'm sorry you had so much stuff to deal with after the concert, I hope everyone in your family is feeling better now. I enjoyed reading that.

Edit:
http://www.taintedreality.net/videos
(Scroll down to the X Japan NYC Coverage parts 1 and 2. The first link to part 2 doesn't work, but the second link to part 2 does. There are also ads, unfortunately.)

This guy was next to me in line and got some really good interviews before and after the show. He also camped out. We got like, no sleep and hung out in the McDonalds to warm up for a while, haha. There are a few fangirls and people who can't really say Sugizo but it really captures the feelings of the night. I like it. (I was also interviewed before I lost my voice completely! Yay.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:12:27 PM by CharonCaori »

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: October 24, 2010, 12:38:51 AM
Thanks for the report BizKiTRoAcH! I love reading all everyone's experience from the show.  The excitement from that night still feels so fresh right now.  I can't wait for them to come back!

Props to all you guys who camped out BTW! I would never have been able to pull that off. Even after a full night of sleep in a warm bed I felt exhausted enough to collapse after the show.