Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Roseland Ballroom, New York - October 10th

Sander · 60890

Offline ranba

• View Profile
Reply #90 on: October 09, 2010, 03:31:34 AM
So I'm aiming on hitting the gift shop first (assuming it's open). Can anyone who has an S or M t-shirt from the US tour tell me how the sizing runs? Just need a chest (under the arms) and length measurement. I assume they don't let you try these things on at the gift shop.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: October 09, 2010, 03:41:15 AM
Yeah, the ferry schedule is really rough that late at night, they're an hour in between! Definitely don't want to sit in the terminal for an hour. But I guess it DOES pass the time...And I dunno, hah, I take the ferry pretty often, and more often than not, it's crowded as sin during those hours.
We played the game where you say a word and the other person has to say a word that starts with the last letter of the word you said. And then the next one and so on... For about an hour :D But if the weather is nice then the boatride can be quite nice. Unless of course you have to take it every day.

Hah! That may indeed be the source of my grumpiness involving the ferry. I've taken it consistently for 6 years: 4 years at college and 2 years working in Manhattan! I used to love it...then it got played out! haha

And LoveMeLemoned, I may stop by and say hello! I'm gonna try to get in line early in the morning myself too, and will be making myself and my best friend an "I X NY" badge since we don't own any X apparel.

EDIT: For anyone interested, I included a link to the finished badge that I made. Printing it at 3.5 x 5 inches, it should look solid. Be sure to download the full res one at the link below. Hope you dig!!

http://xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30cuvr
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:16:19 AM by StarWarsArtist »

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

CharonCaori

Reply #92 on: October 09, 2010, 06:44:59 AM
I X NY! That's really cute!!

Oh, by the way, I'm bringing small portable speakers, so maybe we can play some X stuff in line if no one is bothered by it. Heh.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #93 on: October 09, 2010, 03:44:30 PM
New York Post compares Yoshiki to Bono (again)!

This is my administrator color.

CharonCaori

Reply #94 on: October 09, 2010, 05:30:40 PM
Aah, I think I'm getting really sick. I'm going to try not to get bronchitis and feel better so I can get there as early as I can tomorrow. I'm going to VAMPS, so I'll try to scout out the place. If anyone gets information about the line, or Yoshiki's panel, or anything else, please keep us updated! Thank you!

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #95 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:34 PM
My friend is going to probably bring a portable speaker too! :D
I'm so nervous about tomorrow! :B

In case anybody wants to chat, here's a picture so you'll know it's me for sure (because I bet there will be quite a few people with colored hair there XP especially pink...)
we're all friendly! :]

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: October 09, 2010, 11:02:40 PM
In line for vamps, just talked to the first person in line for x...she got here on wednesday. X line is already about 50 people deep

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #97 on: October 10, 2010, 04:50:51 AM
... wow.
not gonna lie, that's.. kind of sad.
I know it's X Japan, but .. come on, it's X Japan. Not OLD!X. LMAO.
I think if it were old!X I'd line up a week beforehand, but ... not this time around. XD

CharonCaori

Reply #98 on: October 10, 2010, 05:13:18 AM
Okay! I'm heading off in a half hour! Just got back from seeing VAMPS and they were awesome! Totally worth going to. And I saw Yoshiki on the balcony!!

I'm going to be camping out. I'll be the one with an orange hide outfit, dark pink-ish hair, and I'll sound like a horse because my voice is completely fucking gone. Excited! I can't check the forums anymore, so I'll see you all there! ^__^ X!

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #99 on: October 10, 2010, 05:15:11 AM
:B another pinkhead! YAY! xD

Offline dirufxxer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: October 10, 2010, 06:03:43 AM
Okay! I'm heading off in a half hour! Just got back from seeing VAMPS and they were awesome! Totally worth going to. And I saw Yoshiki on the balcony!!

I'm going to be camping out. I'll be the one with an orange hide outfit, dark pink-ish hair, and I'll sound like a horse because my voice is completely fucking gone. Excited! I can't check the forums anymore, so I'll see you all there! ^__^ X!
Yoshiki was watching the concert? 0_0 at the Vamps concert was when Hyde seriously smiled directly at me for 5 seconds :D. Im a guy but it was just nice to be noticed by him (probably because me and by brother are really tall)

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: October 10, 2010, 01:57:41 PM
Slept throught the night out here, it cold! I'm the first person in the second part of the line if anyone wants to stop by, I have an extra egg mcmuffin and hashbrown

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: October 10, 2010, 02:14:52 PM
LOL Second part of the line? Uh oh....anyway, I'm heading out in about 5 minutes. I'll be wearing a Ghostbuster jacket (couldn't get my I X NY badge printed and laminated in time =( ). SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: October 10, 2010, 08:28:59 PM
I'm so jealous of those of you going to the show tonight. If they do it, please sing Toshi a happy birthday louder for the rest of us who can't go! :)

Have fun !

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #104 on: October 10, 2010, 08:38:30 PM
Have an INCREDIBLE night to remember, all of you! Hope you meet up and make new friends. Keep us posted. We live vicariously through your reports! lol

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:25 PM
Well Yoshiki is posting like a mad man on his twitter so im pretty sure you guys are in for one hell of a show. Keep us updated we wanna know how it goes for ya! itll be a night to remember!!! X

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: October 10, 2010, 09:06:09 PM
Lets just hope he doesn't go and do something dumb like stagedive five times and hurt himself.

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:02 AM
Line is bloody insane. Dude.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: October 11, 2010, 12:26:59 AM
Well Yoshiki is posting like a mad man on his twitter so im pretty sure you guys are in for one hell of a show. Keep us updated we wanna know how it goes for ya! itll be a night to remember!!! X

hmm, maybe they ll play orgasm

Ex denxdenx

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: October 11, 2010, 12:59:39 AM
In the 2nd row, the surprise is that when kurenai is played, when yoshiki yells 'ready? 321' we're supposed to shout 'happy birthday toshi!' And throw your confetti

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: October 11, 2010, 01:05:54 AM
Yoshiki  Ppl @ Roseland, the surprise is after Kurenai. When I say "are you ready? 3,2,1" say: "Happy birthday Toshi!" and throw the confetti! love u

===>> new yoshiki facebook update. surprised for toshi. or maybe toshi also updating yoshiki facebook,haha

Ex denxdenx

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: October 11, 2010, 01:11:02 AM
D'awwwww....how cuuuute.
I am waiting to see videos of this.....XDDDDDD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:15 AM
anxiously awaiting the set list. I don't know whether to be happy or mad if NY gets a different set list. Right now I'm alternating between fits of sobbing and rage at the prospect of them opening with Blue Blood, standing sex, Dahlia, Unfinished, Voiceless screaming (Feat. Taiji), Kurenai, Orgasm, Drum Solo - Forever love, X, Endless Rain and Rose of pain. While at the ending everyone gets a copy of the new album and signed by each member (including Taiji) with a $20 bill inside the case and a joint taped to the back. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:46 AM
Well Yoshiki did buy pizza for the entire line. Awesome. ^^

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #114 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:48 AM
amazing! I wish I could be there right know..... aww :( ...... to eat pizza :D

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:56 AM
Stilllllll waiting for X-Japan to come onstage.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: October 11, 2010, 02:34:34 AM
pizza from yoshiki, i wish i got a chance to eat it

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: October 11, 2010, 02:53:42 AM
I just woke up, its ten to three, imma follow this live, come on start already, sleeepyyyy....

Offline hanakirei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: October 11, 2010, 03:03:38 AM
In the midst of Yoshiki's drum solo now. Same setlist, plus the happy birthday for Toshi and one giant cake!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: October 11, 2010, 03:16:01 AM
Really? That's epic!