• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Roseland Ballroom, New York - October 10th

Sander · 61056

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: October 11, 2010, 09:02:20 PM
Yeah, the pushing definitely was a minor setback for an unforgettable night! Although I got out before I got hurt, so hopefully anyone who may have suffered an injury feels the same way.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Psyence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: October 11, 2010, 09:06:43 PM
I was there with my 13 years old nephew who knows a lot of the lyrics to the songs by heart because I've introduced him to X as soon as I saw an interest in music when he was 8 or 9. ^^; We wore the same t-shirt with an Airbrushed t-shirt with hide's face. This t-shirt, in case you remember seeing us by any chance : http://cgi.ebay.ca/380185280534

Unfortunately, the show started later than we hoped, and we were forced to leave after Endless Rain. I wish we had been able to stay all night but I had to bring him back and we couldn't afford to miss our bus back to Montreal.

We were pretty close to the front when people started pushing. It was stressful and I couldn't remember the lyrics for most of the first songs. I felt sad especially for these adorable Asian girls who clearly weren't expecting this to happen (or perhaps were praying for it not to happen) having to leave because the pushing was getting dangerous considering their size. You gotta admit, if you fall, you can get seriously injured. We did manage to enjoy the show and this stays in my heart forever. No way I'm forgetting a single moment of that evening. I hope everyone was able to enjoy this moment and I'm sure it will not be the last time :)

I wish I had more time to make friends, talk to people have a beer at the end, run after Yoshiki screaming insanities, jump into the birthday cake like an idiot, etc. Oh well :/

If by any chance you're one of the people I spoke to, feel free to add me in Facebook. Or if you live anywhere near Montreal, or if you just want an X friend from Canada!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=559033135

Thanks for the great evening. My dream, among many, was to attend a sold out venue, and it happened. Thanks for helping make this true, everyone.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:10:29 PM by Psyence »

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: October 11, 2010, 09:15:30 PM
I looks like pretty much everything was covered here xD.

I got there at around noon and the line was about 1/2 a block at that point.  The funny thing was I was one of the people lined up near the "Promises, Promises" broadway show that was playing next door.  It was fun trying to explain to the theatre goers what we were waiting for xD . Waiting on line was surprisingly fun (or more fun than I thought it would be)

The show itself was amazing and everyone sounded perfect. The pushing was pretty terrible.  I don't mind a little bit of shoving about during a concert usually (it just adds to the energy) but I was literally being crushed. I felt like my pelvic bone was going to snap. At one point a guy had his elbow against my neck crushing my windpipe.  I'm sure he didn't realize he was doing it but there were a lot of moments like that which made the whole experience a little less pleasant.

I got to meet Sugizo and Pata afterward the show.
Lucky bastard! Did you wait outside the backdoor after the show? I really wanted to but had an early day at work today :(

Felt especially bad for some of the shorter members in the audience, who had a hard enough time seeing (if it all)
Thanks for your sympathy >.< .  I was on my tippy toes for a bunch of the songs and it was pretty much impossible to see during X because of all the arms in the air but I was concentrating more on jumping anyway.  I really wanted to jump and dance more during certain songs but we were packed WAY too tight. It was like...you can jump but you might not have any space on the floor to land on. A couple of my toes are swollen from being stepped on.  I was stubborn through most of the show and refused to move back but by the encore I just couldn't handle it anymore and had to move a little further back.

Yoshiki jumped into the audience once but the stage dive failed miserably.  I wasn't close enough to the action but according to my friend the audience caught him for maybe 2 sec and then DROPPED him and swarmed on top of him.  It kind of pisses me off...

I cried about 3 times during the show.  Once during Yoshiki's message to the audience, pretty much all through endless rain and again when the art of life piano solo began.  It was an incredible show and I still haven't completely shaken off the feeling of pure euphoria.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:45 PM
Great article on the concert. I am still completely exhausted.

http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-music-in-new-york/x-japan-enthralls-the-roseland-ballroom

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: October 11, 2010, 10:29:52 PM
It sounds like the NY gig was a great way for the band to end the tour.  Capacity crowd by the sounds of it, pizza in line, crazy floor/pit, etc. 

That sucks about Yoshiki's crowd surfing.  I would of expected a NY crowd to carry him forever - not let him drop. 

I just hope they use this promo tour to keep the ball rolling (i.e. not wait forever to get the new album out, more shows, etc).  Strike while the irons hot....

\m/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:34:12 PM by YourFuneral »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: October 11, 2010, 10:47:06 PM
Art of Life, Toshi's voice is great here, except him screaming at the end again.

Most of Endless Rain (the actual song)

Rusty Nail, Sugizo did his best rendition of the solo yet I think.

Better quality of X, end of the song, at the end of the video when Toshi's singing "kokoro moyase", who else thinks his voice sounds a lot like when he was 18-20? Really high pitched, suprising to hear him sing like that again, how'd he do that XD.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:12:42 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline garroad_ran

• View Profile
Reply #156 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:38 PM
Great article on the concert. I am still completely exhausted.

http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-music-in-new-york/x-japan-enthralls-the-roseland-ballroom

Haha, I found that one as soon as I got home.  This part made me LOL
"Even before the show started, screams of “X!” were answered by “Japan!” from the ramped up crowd"

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: October 11, 2010, 11:08:47 PM
Haha, yeah I guess he wasn't listening too closely...

Trunks2kawaii

Reply #158 on: October 11, 2010, 11:31:15 PM
I just got back from the concert. It was supposed to start at 7pm, so my friend and I went there at 5:30pm. At that time the line already wrapped around the block once, and by 7 it wrapped around the block twice. There were quite a few questions from bystanders about what we were waiting for. They also mentioned that they’ve never seen a line this long. Yoshiki bought us like 50 pizzas.
The show wasn't supposed to start at 7, it was doors at 7.  If it was show at seven doors would have opened at 6-ish.
I got there around 5:30 and we ended up about 3/4 of the way around the block from the entrance. 
He actually had ~100 pizzas delivered.  My mom saw at least 10 individual sets of 10 pies delivered before they started distributing them. 
The crowd surge is relatively normal as far as concerts go, so I don't really understand why those of you further up didn't expect it to happen.  It's the main reason I stayed towards the back so that I could enjoy every moment without the discomfort of being squished. 
I managed some pretty good pictures, so I thought I would share: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2296139&id=16318000&l=5b91e4a8fc

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:45 PM
I just got back from the concert. It was supposed to start at 7pm, so my friend and I went there at 5:30pm. At that time the line already wrapped around the block once, and by 7 it wrapped around the block twice. There were quite a few questions from bystanders about what we were waiting for. They also mentioned that they’ve never seen a line this long. Yoshiki bought us like 50 pizzas.
The show wasn't supposed to start at 7, it was doors at 7.  If it was show at seven doors would have opened at 6-ish.
The crowd surge is relatively normal as far as concerts go, so I don't really understand why those of you further up didn't expect it to happen. 

Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing many that were surprised or pissed about the crowd push/shove/elbowing haven't been in the pit much at other shows.  Enter at your own risk...

Offline ranba

• View Profile
Reply #160 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:49 AM
Was Roseland the only arena that had a laser machine? I didn't see it used in any of the other venues (eg. on Rusty Nail). I know LA got the explosions.

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: October 12, 2010, 01:23:10 AM
The crowd surge is relatively normal as far as concerts go, so I don't really understand why those of you further up didn't expect it to happen. 

Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing many that were surprised or pissed about the crowd push/shove/elbowing haven't been in the pit much at other shows.  Enter at your own risk...

Thanks for the pictures Trunks2kawaii! Most of the ones my friend took were way blurry.

I've been in the mist of the pit at metal concerts many time before and it was nothing like this.  I actually like some pushing for the most part. Who want's a completely stagnant audience? But I could barely jump during X because everyone was so squished.  It wasn't just pushing around, loosing my balance or being headbutted occasionally; it was pure COMPRESSION to the point where people in my area couldn't even jump up and down during the more exciting bits. It just made it harder to get into the music :(

Granted the concerts I usually got to don't have as devoted a fanbase as X.  I think the problem with doing so few shows on the east coast is that though the venue can only fill so many people, they had a higher concentration of REALLY devoted fans who traveled from all over the coast to see them?

I hope that all this talk about the audience doesn't give anyone misconceptions that all of us at the NY show didn't enjoy ourselves.  I still have a lingering feeling of pure euphoria because of last night.  It's just that I didn't expect the quite SO MUCH squishing.  Thought in retrospect we should expect no less from X fans O_O

CharonCaori

Reply #162 on: October 12, 2010, 02:56:23 AM
Okay, first of all, I'm really sick. I've been sleeping all day. I hope I didn't get anyone else sick... I felt all right over the weekend, but sometime early Sunday morning I completely lost my voice and was only able to speak in a whisper.

I camped out on Saturday night. I was dressed as hide in orange, and had a matching doll. I walked around the line and talked to everyone. They were all really nice. I heard there was some line drama, but it ended by the time I got there. I went around with my sign, and by the time we stopped going around for signatures (sometime Saturday afternoon), it was COMPLETELY covered. People from Mexico, Montreal, China, Japan, Germany... I couldn't even read it all.

I got to practice my Japanese with a ton of really nice people (at least as long as my voice held out). One girl gave me a burned copy of the Yokohama shows and a cute business card with hide on it! All of the cosplayers looked amazing. A bunch of people told me they really liked my doll. One Yoshiki cosplayer (her name was Yoshiku, hehe) took a picture of me, and gave me a couple of little hide keychain dolls to pose with. She then said that her friend caught them in a UFO catcher, and had told her to give them to a hide fan. So I now have a couple of really cute, tiny hide dolls!

I made friends with this guy Roger from Taintedreality. He was really cool, he was camping out so he could cover the show. I got interviewed at some point while I still sort of had a voice.

Yoshiki's people came and gave us hot chocolate at around...3AM? They were ridiculously nice. Almost like Yoshiki fairies or something. Yoshiki kept tweeting to us every few hours. Some girls read out one of the tweets, and when she got to "WE ARE..." we all screamed XXXXXXXX! We played music in the line for most of Sunday, too.

I managed to hand off my sign to one of Yoshiki's helpers (along with some cards for Toshi that one of the pink-haired forum members made), so hopefully the band got to look at them.

At around 6, they came around again with pizza, and then gave us glitter to throw at Toshi at the end of Kurenai. I swear, I HAVE to buy X Japan's new album now, they've practically paid for it already with all of the awesome free shit we got.

X Japan didn't come on until around 9. During and after Vampires Everywhere, the squeezing from the back and sides just kept getting worse. I felt like I was never going to last until X came on.

Once Yoshiki finally appeared, everyone went completely insane. The crowding was horrible. I couldn't even jump without getting swept off of my feet, literally. I just stood my ground and tried not to get knocked over. I'm sorry to all of the people I elbowed.

A girl who was maybe a foot shorter than me went into complete panic attack mode around the second song. It was so humid I couldn't breathe properly unless I tilted my head back, so I completely understood how she felt. Almost no one around us understood English, and my voice was completely gone by that point, so I was incredibly frustrated trying to explain to people that this girl was about to pass out and needed to get out of the pit. Eventually, this nice, rather bulky fan worked his way up to the front of the pit and he and a couple of people lifted her up and handed her over the front bar to security. I don't even remember anything up until about Kurenai. Silent Jealousy passed in a blur. Around that time, my boyfriend and a big group of people in the front and center of the pit just fell over. I had to try really hard to keep people from trampling them, but they all got up right away. Around then, I just gave up and made a beeline for the back of the venue so I could get some water. By that point, Sugizo had started playing his Kurenai solo, and I think things calmed down at the front. I walked around the place trying to find a good place to stand, being really annoyed at all of the greedy fans who ruined the show for me, until I realized it wasn't their fault: it was so crowded everywhere that I'm almost sure the pushing was just from people trying to see. The only reason it got better was because people just gave up and sat around at the sides. I would've gone up into the balcony if I'd known I was allowed to, but I ended up chilling next to the sound booth for most of the time.

As for what I remember: Toshi sounded awesome. Some of the solos sounded a bit off, almost like they forgot to play hide's playback and had to improvise. I really, really enjoyed Born to be Free, X (because I could see while doing the X jump), and Endless Rain. Art of Life was probably the most amazing song I've ever seen played live: it was completely full of emotion.

Yoshiki's MC was completly filled with tears. His voice was cracking, and at first I was wondering if he was sick, but then I realized he was trying his hardest not to cry out loud. He explained that he and Toshi knew each other since kindergarten, and it was their dream to be rock stars. Around then, someone SCREAMED "hide!!" and Yoshiki just lost it. He said it was their dream to come here, and hide was absolutely here with them. The audience went wild, and Yoshiki just started screaming that he was going to rock us, and this was just the beginning. It moved me to tears.

Towards the end, when they were throwing water bottles, Sugizo actually threw one waay over my head (and I was very close to the back) and I got some water on me. So it wasn't all that bad.

I really wish I had been able to listen to most of the songs properly. I enjoyed the second half, but that pit was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a concert... I know some of the people who went think the people in front were a bunch of pussys, but honestly, whenever that shit happens at a concert it's because people just want to party and don't care about the music. I didn't think it would happen at an X show. I guess it was like seeing them back in the 80s... It was certainly an experience. I hope I get to see them in a hall with seats someday. I don't regret going at all. I just wish the Roseland had capped attendance a little earlier and had paid a little more attention to the poor people getting crushed.

I'm sorry for the huge novel! I don't blame you if you don't want to read through all of it!

(And hi GoskinsVT! I think I was able to get the sign to them. Thanks! Being in that line was one of the greatest experiences of my life! That was an insane 24 hours. I'll continue to be a big X fan from now on!)

Oh! I forgot! Yoshiki's people came around the line to film us a few times, along with a few other camera crews from who-knows-where. Also, there were tons of cameras filming the show. I actually talked to one of the people with the production crew, I think she said she was from south africa? Anyway, hopefully something good will come of that!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:14:43 AM by CharonCaori »

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:03 AM
I talked to a reporter from Time Magazine who said they were doing a story for their website (and possibly print). The press just keep getting bigger!

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: October 12, 2010, 06:14:59 AM
I'm with you, CharonCaori! I actually got the honor of signing your sign too. I was the one who had to think a minute to remember how to draw the X logo -- and then messed it up! haha Anyway, thanks for making that sign, it brought a lot of joy to the people in line to get to bring their personal message straight to X. I feel like it has a better chance that way instead of a facebook profile or something that the band probably doesn't check. And you did seem really under the weather, but I hope you're starting to recover! It's good that you got plenty of rest.

And I couldn't agree with you more about the crowding. It really was a lot more serious than a lot of people would admit, and it really did take away from the experience at the time. So I just hope the people who were affected negatively were able to find some redeeming qualities about the show, because X really did knock this one out of the park. I would definitely place the blame on Roseland. It's funny because my friend and I started to jog in when we got to the main hall, and security immediately stopped us "for everyone's safety"......Okay, so what about the part when people were getting hurt and having panic attacks?? That was less important than slowing me down to get a spot in the crowd? Meanwhile, there was a good 60 feet between me and the crowd in front of the stage. Like I was going to hurt someone? Stupid!

In any event, I hope you feel better, CharonCaori!!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline TheCatacomb

• View Profile
Reply #165 on: October 12, 2010, 06:55:31 AM
Hey, this is my first post here, but I can't help myself from joining in on the fun and giving my own take on things:

Got there Saturday morning (10ish) and much to my chagrin there was probably a good 60 people already in line. If I knew it was going to be like that (which in retrospect, was a big duhhhhhh), I would have camped out, but I met some cool people anyway, so I can't complain. The Japanese media presence really surprised me. It seems like they pegged the New York location as the main one to use for the news reports back home, and it felt like everyone was getting interviewed or having a picture taken. From listening to some of the interviews and the banter from some people in line, there was also a good portion of people there who'd never even listened to X before and were going in blind. It was the whole "tagging along with a friend" kind of deal, but there's no doubt these are all now fully converted X fans.

Once inside, things took really long to set up. Was it the same for the other concerts? The Say Anything Orchestra version looped so many times I thought my brain was going to fry. As for Vampires Everywhere, I was expecting a massive fail with objects being thrown or people wishing bodily harm on them like in some if the other concerts, but they got a surprisingly good reaction in NY. Most everyone around me seemed to be bobbing their heads and enjoying it, while I felt like the awkward one just standing there still yawning. To Vampires Everywhere's credit, I think they finally understood their place in the universe, and that was to yell a lot, finish everything fast, and to suck up to X-Japan and to their fans as much as possible.

Okay, so then came the moment. When Yoshiki finally came out admist the clouds of smoke and just stood there, standing, staring us down for the entire S.E. Opening -- I think that was the most badass thing I've ever seen in my life. I'd seen him do it in clips of other concerts, but the combination of seeing it in person, after waiting so long, and with him in the middle and with all the epic music playing and the smoke surrounding him, it made you realize you were really at a X concert. Like no shit, this is the real thing. To think this is the same guy who wore a wedding dress in Taiwan, and yet he can still do this effortlessly and make us all feel like his willing minions. But that's what what Yoshiki's always been about, right? The piano and guitars mixed together. The ballads mixed with the thrash. The crowd surfing/crazy drum playing mixed with crying and tears. This is X.

Around that time, a Japanese girl passed out around me. That was a sign of things to come. I think most of us were feeling dehydrated and tired already from waiting in line all day and waiting inside for things to get set up, but man, mid-way through Jade, all hell broke loose. It went from jumping up and singing along to using every muscle in your body to stop from getting knocked over. It was especially bad for the small Japanese girls around me. There must have been a dozen I could see when the thing started it, but by the concert's end only a couple remained. There was also scary part where about a dozen people simultaneously fell, with some falling on top of others, but luckily it looked like no one got hurt. at least too bad.. btw, all this tugging, pushing and gymnastics made for some unintentionally awkward moments, like this girl in black in front of me who constantly gave me looks like I was a perverted tokyo subway groper. I plead innocent.. ~,~

Things finally got better during Drain because a lot of people had to leave the pit and watch from elsewhere. You could finally sorta jump without losing all balance or getting rear-ended, and for someone like me who likes to jump around  and fist-pump like a lunatic, I could finally join in on the festivities. I'd also like to single out Born to Be free in particular -- people like to rag on that song sometimes, because they say it's too simple, or are just butt-hurt because it isn't the "old, good stuff", but man, does that song really set the mood and get the crowd going at a live show. Jade is still my favorite of their new songs, but Born to be Free is a very welcome addition to the X library. Also, Sugizo's solo, complete with his psychedelic noises and own rendition of the Spar spangled banner was very well done. It gives a different dimension to X then you're used to. Up to this point I feel Sugizo has been restraining himself and filling in the role simply as a "X guitarist", but here you can see his own unique musical inclinations finally seep up from the cracks. I'd love to see him and Yoshiki team up together for some crazy X psychadelic-ballad creation complete with all the guitars, violins, and pianos. Welcome to X, Sugizo.

As for Yoshiki's speech and the crying, nothing much more to say there. I echo everything everyone else has already said. again, by this time, things were less crowded in the pit, but a hundred x-jumps later, plus it being humid as hell, and I felt like I was starting to wind down a bit.. until here comes toshi, spraying the crowd with water and throwing a bunch of water bottles. One of them falls near me, and somehow I'm able to retrieve it from underneath a person's feet. So what do I do? I obviously refresh myself with water or something, since obviously this is a gift from the X gods, and then I can just hold on to my precious water bottle memorabilia. But no..... I take the bottle, spray the crowd in front of me, and then throw the water bottle back into the crowd. Yeah. No time for drinking here.

In the end, Art of life and Endless rain were.. Art of life and endless rain. Great as always. Things finished up, and supposedly Yoshiki crowd surfed, but somehow I didn't even see it. Fortunately, two dedicated female X-fans from the front row filled me in all on the details after the concert. Hopefully X-Japan can play in a bigger venue (MSG, anyone?) next time so some of the horror stories from the Pit don't repeat themselves. Still, it was one of the best experiences ever, and when I was leaving the concert area, I only had one reoccurring thought over and over:

"Dude. I just saw X Japan."

Yep.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:30:26 PM by TheCatacomb »

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #166 on: October 12, 2010, 10:54:52 AM
The show was amazing... it was so great to being there...I was in the pit and I was glad that the pushing got a bit better after a few songs...

(and it was even worth flying back yesterday and arriving this morning in Germany and heading straight to work from the airport)... I'm still running on adrenaline...

*Katrin

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: October 12, 2010, 03:54:02 PM
Just another article with pics:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/10/11/x-japan-throws-massive-party-in-nys-roseland-ballroom-910/

Once again a glowing review that recognized both the performance of the band and the enthusiasm of the fans!

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: October 12, 2010, 04:09:30 PM
thank you guys for the updating ^^
@ CharonCaori & TheCatacomb: thanx for these big "novels" ^_^ I laughed a lot while reading :D Im very glad you had a good time at the show ^^/ and I hope the concert was a memorable\nice expirience for everyone despite the pushing and other unpleasant things >_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: October 12, 2010, 04:54:09 PM
There was a live Japanese news broadcast on the concert

Silent Jealousy, full version good quality.

Born to be Free, 1:11 is hilarious. Also, nice touch by Sugizo at the end, I wonder if that's just for show, or something more?

Better video of Toshi being wished happy birthday+given cake, + Toshi gives a speech about X Japan kicking ass in America again (with pretty much the correct diction this time) and it includes Born to be Free as well, which I think is better quality than the other video above.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:49:40 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Enster

• View Profile
Reply #170 on: October 12, 2010, 08:34:17 PM
Thank you very much for all the updates. The pictures and videos that everyone posted were great! I was at the back and balcony so did not realize all the commotion going on in front (and did not even get to see the birthday cake since I was blocked by so many people). By the way, there were people sitting on the side of the stage, does anyone know if those were people who got the "VIP" tickets?

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:00 PM
Thank you very much for all the updates. The pictures and videos that everyone posted were great! I was at the back and balcony so did not realize all the commotion going on in front (and did not even get to see the birthday cake since I was blocked by so many people). By the way, there were people sitting on the side of the stage, does anyone know if those were people who got the "VIP" tickets?

Yes, they got seats and chairs. Personally, I would want to be in the crazy crowd over being in a chair.

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:31 PM
^^^ Agreed! What's the point of going to a concert if you're just gonna sit there?

Offline Enster

• View Profile
Reply #173 on: October 12, 2010, 09:04:19 PM
^^ Agreed too! but they got a good view to the stage.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: October 12, 2010, 09:56:08 PM
X,

Seriously, Toshi sounds like he did in the 1984-86 era in some parts, very high notes.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:57:52 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Valaris

• View Profile
Reply #175 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:31 PM
I was sitting at the first table in the VIP section. I would have not traded that spot for anything, we had such a good view of the stage and the backstage. It looked like they did an interview right before they came out of the stage, I'm guessing for the DVD. Yoshiki was so excited, smiling and jumping up and down. I believe the guy sitting next to me got a video of it.

Here's a video I took of the crowd chanting "We are X!" before it started. All of the videos I took of the band had terrible audio.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:30:41 PM by Valaris »

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:42 PM
oh Valaris, don't get me wrong, I'm sure they were awesome seats. Quite frankly I would have hung from the roof if it meant I got to watch the show.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: October 12, 2010, 10:31:05 PM
I wrote out my experience with the concert here, if any of you guys were interested. I didn't cover anything that we all don't already know (Like the setlist) but here's just a personal account. you guys can skip the first part, because it's just me rambling on and on.

http://rsasai.livejournal.com/34876.html#cutid1

It was lovely getting to know you guys who were on the second part of the line right up front!

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: October 12, 2010, 10:50:49 PM
I wrote out my experience with the concert here, if any of you guys were interested. I didn't cover anything that we all don't already know (Like the setlist) but here's just a personal account. you guys can skip the first part, because it's just me rambling on and on.

http://rsasai.livejournal.com/34876.html#cutid1

It was lovely getting to know you guys who were on the second part of the line right up front!

This was very beautifully written, as I was reading I was ranging through the emotions I felt myself over those 48 hours. I can't believe someone punched you in the throat, that's so horrible! I hope you are doing better now.

p.s. That one drunk girl at 5am was crazy as shit.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: October 12, 2010, 11:14:39 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to go back in a little while and fix it up, add a little more, but I figured I would get most of it out. Frankly, I'll never be able to explain everything that went on during those hours, because there was just so much. No words could really explain it.

Getting punched in the throat sucked though... feel bad about coughing blood up all over my friend's car.

And yes! Crazy drunk chick! My lord--it was hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Just a quick question-- are you Mark?