• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 141157

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #510 on: October 11, 2010, 07:53:23 PM
I too was pretty tired from being in the city all day, but I was still cheering and singing along. I just wasn't going crazy like most other people were lol :D

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #511 on: October 11, 2010, 08:29:26 PM
It was mixed for me (right beside the aisle near the back). Some people were going all out while other stayed relativey still. I wouldn't say anyone was stoic tho since there was cheering and clapping at the end of each song.

I just stuck to rocking my body to the music and some cheering/screaming. I can't really pay attention to the music or the concert if I try to go crazy and do that arm raising/swinging motion or headbanging and on top of that I think I was coming down with the flu that night. Then again, that didn't stop me from screaming and doing the X jump. :P Actually, the energy from that live was amazing. I was actually considering skipping out on the concert and I didn't feel well when VE was playing but by the time X started, I was completely energized. It was like they cured me! :D   

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #512 on: October 11, 2010, 09:43:52 PM
Ok, well maybe stoic isn't the right word. Sorry, English isn't my first language.
I mean people not jumping, not singing, barely moving, and without much expression.
They weren't the majority but some people were.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:48:58 PM by ashtrayxx »

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: October 12, 2010, 12:04:34 AM
Just because they're not moving doesn't mean they're not enjoying the concert, haha. XD

I must be in the minority but I tend to remember more from a concert when I don't move around too much. I stood completely still during the guitar solos and at the end of Art of Life just so I could "record" it into my mind. :P That and I was completely awestruck that I'm seeing it live!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: October 12, 2010, 07:29:26 AM
Yeah most people were moving, but some weren't. I guess it's to be expected.

Overall though, I was very happy with how it went. :) I'm usually the type that stands there quietly but even I was going crazy haha.

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline 4skin,

• Rookie
  • BUMP OF MADNESS
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: October 12, 2010, 08:48:43 PM
Love all of the reviews and pictures that everyone's posting! Truly was an amazing night, especially catching them arrive before the concert began. Besides the awesome performance, I'll never forget seeing the topless girls in almost every corner to put their shirts back on by security, only to take them off again once security had disappeared.

Offline wohjai

• View Profile
Reply #516 on: October 12, 2010, 09:56:57 PM
I thought someone had posted on here a photo stream on flickr that had some pretty professional looking photos. Does anyone have the link to them? I can't seem to find it.

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: October 12, 2010, 10:08:06 PM
Besides the awesome performance, I'll never forget seeing the topless girls in almost every corner to put their shirts back on by security, only to take them off again once security had disappeared.

:o For the life of me, I can't remember seeing that...

Wohjai, I believe the good quality pictures were over in Vancouver thread, but don't quote me on that.

Offline 4skin,

• Rookie
  • BUMP OF MADNESS
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:55 PM
Besides the awesome performance, I'll never forget seeing the topless girls in almost every corner to put their shirts back on by security, only to take them off again once security had disappeared.

Wohjai, I believe the good quality pictures were over in Vancouver thread, but don't quote me on that.

most of them still had their bras on, but it was still pretty wild. i guess i must have been in one of the wild sections of the audience. (off to the right a bit, about 5 rows from the stage)

Offline kevc

• View Profile
Reply #519 on: October 13, 2010, 01:38:40 AM
all i can say is holy shit, I've been a X fan since i was in highschool and from watchin last lives i never EVER thought i would ever see them. when news came that were rejoining I went insane. Came to this concert and went absolutely nuts.

In regards to the crowd I guess ppl were reserved...at the start. But as the show went on i think alot of ppl let loose. I went nuts as soon as heard the rusty nail intro and headbanged so much my neck hurt till monday. :)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: October 13, 2010, 04:15:15 AM

most of them still had their bras on, but it was still pretty wild. i guess i must have been in one of the wild sections of the audience. (off to the right a bit, about 5 rows from the stage)

I remember seeing some topless girls (with bras on) up in the gallery, lol. It was funny!

>~X~<

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: October 13, 2010, 04:55:21 AM
well it was pretty damn hot in there...and the shirtless girls just made it even hotter lol :)

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #522 on: October 13, 2010, 05:03:33 AM

Definitely didn't see any topless girls (with bras on) from my section. ;P Altho I bet it must've been a pretty nice view up from the stage, lol.

Offline DemonIced

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: October 13, 2010, 05:35:37 AM
There was this one, sorry the picture is pretty dark, my flash didn't reach up the balcony.

Also it seems the Toronto was the most popular on the forum. I just saw Yoshiki's speech from New York, it was pretty touching too.

Is there anybody who went to more than one show that can tell us who had the best audience?  :D

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #524 on: October 13, 2010, 08:41:48 AM
Played around with the pic a bit.... now it's better visible~

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: October 13, 2010, 02:46:22 PM
LOL! I really think that even though the NY show got a ton of coverage the Toronto one was better. We all got to have fun (some obviously more then others ^^) and non of us got crushed!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: October 13, 2010, 03:00:00 PM
LOL! I really think that even though the NY show got a ton of coverage the Toronto one was better. We all got to have fun (some obviously more then others ^^) and non of us got crushed!

Except Yoshiki when he attempted to leave the venue...

>~X~<

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: October 13, 2010, 03:17:14 PM
Occupational hazard :D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: October 13, 2010, 05:47:26 PM
I was going all out for most of the concert, silent jealousy I was jumping for the whole song, I almost tripped and fell to the row in front of me! I was completely drained by art of life so I couldn't really move all that well!

I was definitely expected the audience to be a little more enthusiastic my part of the balcony was almost completely silent (except for me)!

Dammit I want to relive that concert already!!

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: October 14, 2010, 08:24:32 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised at the age range attending the show. a noticeable number of those there weren't even old enough to be into X when they were around the first time, and that was cool. an equally noticeable number were older folks who apparently never outgrew their youth spent listening to X, and that was equally cool. :)

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #531 on: October 14, 2010, 10:04:53 PM
Awesome review!

Offline Vonleo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: October 15, 2010, 04:43:24 AM
Yeah i was also surprised at the age range. Never would have thought people that looked around the age of 50+ would be at the live also kids that looked like they were maybe 6 or 7 were at the show was really surprising to see.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: October 15, 2010, 03:23:04 PM
The fact that it was a fully seated event allowed for this. If it would have been a standing room only event these age groups would not have been represented. I couldn't even imagine bringing my little guy if it would have been like it was in NY! No way! However, he was just fine @ Massey Hall. He had fun and he was able to sit down when he got tired. He is still singing the songs. :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:27 AM
The fact that it was a fully seated event allowed for this. If it would have been a standing room only event these age groups would not have been represented. I couldn't even imagine bringing my little guy if it would have been like it was in NY! No way! However, he was just fine @ Massey Hall. He had fun and he was able to sit down when he got tired. He is still singing the songs. :)

I never thought I'd ever like Massey Hall, but after X Japan, I will most definitely go there again. Hopefully that's where they play next time again instead of the dreaded Sound Academy *shudder*.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: October 16, 2010, 03:50:53 AM

I never thought I'd ever like Massey Hall, but after X Japan, I will most definitely go there again. Hopefully that's where they play next time again instead of the dreaded Sound Academy *shudder*.

Agreed. Massey Hall was great.

When I saw Dir en grey at the Sound Academy this past August, the complete standing crowd proved to create an uncomfortable atmosphere to enjoy them in. It was horribly crowded, and thus very hot, and the constant shifting crowd made you lose your balance a lot from people shoving and pushing. Besides, if I recall correctly, Massey Hall offers more stage area than the Sound Academy did. The Sound Academy would not be able to handle the elevated stair platform that Yoshiki uses for his drum set and piano, I could be wrong about the stage size, but its just what I remember...

>~X~<

Offline Vonleo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: October 16, 2010, 06:24:31 PM
Thought i would post the link to the videos my buddies and i recorded at the X show at massey hall click the show all videos under the list of videos for all videos of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/user/0chiro

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #537 on: October 17, 2010, 05:28:14 PM
I walked by Massey Hall last night, and I thought about how a week ago history was being made at the venue!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: October 17, 2010, 11:21:28 PM
I walked by Massey Hall last night, and I thought about how a week ago history was being made at the venue!

I walk by there every time I'm going to work and I always think about it haha. I sincerely hope they play at the same venue. :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: October 18, 2010, 02:09:29 AM

I walk by there every time I'm going to work and I always think about it haha. I sincerely hope they play at the same venue. :)

Yea!! I hope they choose it again as well. It's got such a great atmosphere there and you are sooo close to them..I know cause I touched Yoshiki and Heath! :D Massey Hall just makes sense for size as well...I know they can sell it out cause they nearly did this time. I think since it was a Thursday night, which isn't as convenient for people as a weekend show would be, also little to no advertising, it was a really good turnout. It looks like they will be coming here again sometime in the spring, when the new album launches, and I think there will be a lot more people buying tickets. They won't sell out anything as large as the Air Canada Center...at least for a few years. The only place that I could see them going is the Amphitheatre..even that has 11,000 seats total...too big for them yet...and I really couldn't see them downsizing to places like opera house, which sucks anyways, I'd hate to see X Japan there.

So when you look at it, Massey Hall still seems like the best venture for them in Toronto. I'd say they should do a 2-night show there, that would be most logical for demand and turnout.