Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 131252

Offline Dango

• View Profile
Reply #300 on: October 05, 2010, 03:06:30 AM
Somehow the past month flew by so fast!!! I just realized today that it's so close! I'm out of my mind excited right now!!!!!!! I'm up for the group pic! I'd like to bring my camera, but if we can't bring them in the venue, then I'm out of luck. My hotel is fairly close, but depending on the time the pic was taken I probably wouldn't want to run back to my room to drop it off.
My flight gets in at 9am and I'll be wandering around Eaton Centre for most of the day it looks like. My hotel check-in isn't until 3pm. I might meet up with a friend I just remembered lives in Toronto for a bit in the morning/early afternoon, but not sure. I don't know my way around Toronto at all, is everyone planning to meet as Massey Hall at noon and before the concert?
Any other out-of-towners???

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: October 05, 2010, 06:27:07 AM
I have a situation, on thursday I have class from 9 to 4 pm with no break in between and I plan to go home, shower and then drive to downtown and go to Massey Hall, but I would like to get at least half an hour nap because I probably will be dead tired by the time I leave the campus. Do you guys think getting Massey Hall by 7 pm is a bit too late?

BTW where can I buy some decent ear plug for the concert? I didnt think about it till now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:45:03 AM by headpower »

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:38 AM
what's the policy on cameras anyway? i want to bring mine too...it's just a little thing, average digital camera. not a big professional camera or anything.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #303 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:41 AM
BTW where can I buy some decent ear plug for the concert? I didnt think about it till now.
Here you can buy them at the... well what you basically call a drugstore (pharmacy).

This is my administrator color.

Offline yocchan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: October 05, 2010, 12:54:08 PM
Why do you need ear plug ?? I've never needed... ::)
and camera... looks like there were lots of audience taking pics and movies in the theaters all of the lives.
will it be ok ? I want to bring my camera for the chance I may take pics when X gets out of the Massey ;D

Once I went to X event and there, I had to check-in my camera before the event...that was caotic to pick up mine later...I would rather hide my camera deep into my purse 8)

cannot sleep.... thinking of X

oha yoshiki

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: October 05, 2010, 02:47:42 PM
I don't expect to get to Massey Hall before 7 pm either. It should be OK since there is a seat assignment and we got VE from 8 till about 8:30. I don't think X would be on stage before 9. You can also pick up earplugs @ Canadian Tire. There is a big one just @ Bay and Dundas or @ Shoppers in the lowest level of the Eaton Centre.

Yocchan, you might not need earplugs however, I would still bring them just in case.
My ears were ringing for almost a week after Despa and Miyavi. The volume is much louder in an auditorium in comparison to a stadium.

BTW, most of those picks and videds were shot with an IPhone or cell phone cameras. Be prepared to give up your camera. There is a 99.9% chance that they will take it from you. But they will NOT take your phone! ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: October 05, 2010, 03:04:42 PM
I've taken a digital camera to Massey Hall before and they didn't ask/say anything about it. Some people have posted entire songs which they filmed using their cameras. As long as you don't bring an SLR or something, it shouldn't be an issue from my experience, but I've also heard otherwise... Hard to know.

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #307 on: October 05, 2010, 10:04:41 PM
I just saw this on Massey Hall's website

"Cameras, recording equipment, pagers and cellular phones are prohibited inside the auditorium."

However, of all the times I've been to Massey Hall, I've never gotten a pat down on the way in and I've seen many people take their cameras out and security did nothing about it.

I really wanna take my camera but I don't wanna go through the hassle of having it taken and getting it back after the show. Decisions!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:13 PM
My main concern is having a cellphone. Will they cause a scene over a blackberry? I'm doubting they will but never know =/

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: October 06, 2010, 12:16:04 AM
A Blackberry shouldn't be an issue. It's a phone after all. And like thecrimsonidol said, I don't recall any patdowns either or anything of that nature. I'm thinking of bringing a small camera anyway in my pocket.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: October 06, 2010, 12:23:25 AM
I've been to Massey Hall before, there isn't really anything to worry about. You just walk in, they scan your tickets, then you're off to either your seat, the merch table, or the bar.

Besides, if the show is going on, and you're using your camera, they're not really going to go stop you in the middle of a show. With all the noise and excitement, it would be pointless for them to try. Maybe if you're sitting in the front row, the stage security might ask you to put you're camera away, but again, I have my doubts.

I have no doubt they're be tons of cameras when the music starts, so bringing in a camera shouldn't be a problem, just hide it away until the start of the show.

>~X~<

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:30 AM
OK for who wants to know. and is meeting up early with me and aaron we will be getting off the go from oshawa at around 11 so if you can meet us there we will gladly hang out with you guys

just walk around and grab maybe mcdicks

then laugh at all the non x fans!

btw

if anyone wants my number i will be there... 

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #312 on: October 06, 2010, 03:30:19 AM
Well the current plan is to meet at the venue for 11:30 - 11:45 to sign the card. I know I'll be there :)

What to do after wards is anybody's guess lol

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:06 PM
What i suggest is we wonder around toronto like a gang yelling x... :P

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: October 06, 2010, 01:55:33 PM
The concert is tomorrow night and it hasn't hit me at all...I ALMOST forgot that we will have to sit through Vampire Everywhere until Yoshiki's many online accounts reminded me after he said he only JUST met the members of VE after only 4 shows, lmao.

But anyway, I will be skipping the initial meet up and card signing, I have a very important class to go to, but then i'll be booking it downtown ASAP, and will arrive probably around 2 maybe. Can't wait to see you guys there!

>~X~<

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #315 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:39 PM
It's funny but as soon as I read his tweet, I got the feeling that Yoshiki wrote that so fans will stop bashing them...Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of. I doubt they haven't had the time to ever talk before, if he did indeed mean it this way I think he meant it more like they actually got to hang out together for a little while. You can't just completely avoid each other when you tour for two weeks together. Come on.

I couldn't care less about VE and am not really looking forward to have to sit through their uninteresting act, but I'm even less excited to sit through half an hour of rude behavior from the crowd.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: October 06, 2010, 06:50:14 PM
It's funny but as soon as I read his tweet, I got the feeling that Yoshiki wrote that so fans will stop bashing them...Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of. I doubt they haven't had the time to ever talk before, if he did indeed mean it this way I think he meant it more like they actually got to hang out together for a little while. You can't just completely avoid each other when you tour for two weeks together. Come on.

I couldn't care less about VE and am not really looking forward to have to sit through their uninteresting act, but I'm even less excited to sit through half an hour of rude behavior from the crowd.

I think it'll be kinda funny, although the rude behavior is kinda embarrassing. I generally don't see Canadians being very rude to opening acts, so it'll be interesting too see what happens tomorrow night.

>~X~<

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #317 on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:14 PM
Well good luck to you all, seeing that Yoshiki passed out today and had to cancel some interviews. Also, yesterday he had to cancel a radio interview to rest as per doctors orders...

We'll see how he does tonight in Chicago though :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #318 on: October 06, 2010, 06:56:17 PM
Well good luck to you all, seeing that Yoshiki passed out today and had to cancel some interviews. Also, yesterday he had to cancel a radio interview to rest as per doctors orders...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: October 06, 2010, 07:06:59 PM

Actually I think the radio cancellation was because of the passing out. Yoshiki said that it happened in the morning and he wrote that tweet good 12-13 hours ago witch was about 1-2 am in Chicago. So, hopefully he will be rested. Not sleeping and not eating well plus being emotionally and physically exhausted can cause an episode of passing out even with a much younger and healthier person. Usually a day of rest takes care of the problem.

He should be OK as long as he gets some rest on the bus. Now I would be more worried about the NY shows.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: October 06, 2010, 07:07:14 PM

Yoshiki is made of steel, i'm sure he'll be able to perform as good tonight just as he did in LA, or in Yokohama, and even 20 years ago.

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: October 06, 2010, 07:11:57 PM
Hope he doesn't go too crazy in Chicago tonight. I mean, I hope they give the Chicago fans a good show but I hope his stage-dive antics will stop lol and keep his neckbrace on, which I think he has learned to do properly by now. We all know he's a drama queen but still it's worrying =/

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: October 06, 2010, 08:35:19 PM
I hope he'll be fine.

Let's not forget: During the "towards destruction" concert in on 03.28 Yoshiki collapsed during "Art of Life". One day after, on 03.29, he was back in full force. As a matter of fact, he finished "Art of Life" from where he had left off.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:21 PM
I hope he'll be fine.

Let's not forget: During the "towards destruction" concert in on 03.28 Yoshiki collapsed during "Art of Life". One day after, on 03.29, he was back in full force. As a matter of fact, he finished "Art of Life" from where he had left off.

Didn't he fake that collapse because the show had to close early since they were so late starting? Or was it real...now that I think of it, I never found out whether it was real or not...

>~X~<

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #325 on: October 06, 2010, 09:15:18 PM
If the size of this thread is any indication, Massey Hall is going to bring the roof down!

@ashtrayxx If T. fans are anything like Vancouvers, they won't be rude to VE, but sadly, VE is not yet a band so much as 6 performers. They really aren't very good...yet. And yeah, it isn't unusual not to meet the opening band on tour unless there are friendships involved, they have media gigs together or everyone is travelling in the same bus. Everyone has too much on their plates to socialize as a rule.

Re: Cameras: No one in Vancouver lost a camera to front of house. Like Brandon said, they scanned the ticket, some even with a smile, and shined ya on. Not one member of security budged even when a camera was right in their face. There was this one huge MF at the front glowering at the audience during stage set change and the fans were totally unphased moving around him like a river around a rock.

Re: Yoshiki;s health: He was very subdued at the concert in Vancouver, actually lying down on his piano for a short time during one song, so he is taking what care he can while not short changing the fans. Everyone, just send him your love and healing energies. It can't hurt. From what I have heard from Paramedics, and people backstage at that collapse Mar 29, it was totally real. Yoshiki regretted falling forward though, saying it was stupid because he got all cut up from the nuts, bolts and other debris involved in keeping a kit upright.

ALL of you, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I will be thinking of you all. It is an experience you won't ever forget. My hearing JUST returned to me today.  

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #326 on: October 06, 2010, 09:54:13 PM
Tomorrow is the day everyone! I am SO EXCITED!!! I'll be the guy with a Manowar long sleeve on :)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: October 06, 2010, 10:21:33 PM
Tomorrow is the day everyone! I am SO EXCITED!!! I'll be the guy with a Manowar long sleeve on :)

I'll look out for you! I'll be the guy with the hide X Japan shirt, and i'll also be sporting my Dir en grey hoodie (didn't want to wear it, but it'll be kinda cold standing out there all day, and I don't want to wear a full legit jacket, lol).

>~X~<

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: October 06, 2010, 10:24:52 PM
I'm still convinced that tomorrow's some kind of a dream. I keep on checking the ticket to make sure that I've got the date right and that it *is* real. Which reminds me, I hope I don't forget the ticket, because I have a tendency to do that at the eleventh hour....

I'll be the (awfully) normal looking girl (I think).

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:52 PM
OH! And i'll be bringing my Silent Jealousy single to see if I can sneak in a signature! :D

>~X~<