• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 141090

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 11:04:16 PM
Yeah they are. I guess it would be weather depandant....

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 11:17:23 PM
wheres Dundas Square in comparison to the concert hall?

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 11:25:12 PM

I hope this helps  ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:43 PM

I hope this helps  ;D

Haha, yea, its a three minute walk.

>~X~<

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 22, 2010, 12:27:13 AM
oh wow awesome lol, thanks Palma, yea so i guess that works. Just do either or depending on the weather

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 22, 2010, 01:12:20 AM
hey yall, its unamed friend that called him a shit bag or what ever here...

we can meet wherever but were both broke other then concert tickets and a bit of merch.. must..... have....x .... sweater...

so we will just hang around you guys

and if you want leave your email and ill add you guys or what ever

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:58 AM
The seat seems so tight in massey Hall, I hope I dont trip over when I do the X jump.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 22, 2010, 01:38:29 AM
To be 100% honest I don't think that the X jump will be even remotely possible @ Massey Hall. At least not without causing damage to the building and to eachother. It will be more like in sync above the head arms crossing....

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 22, 2010, 01:39:21 AM
Hey if anyones on im in the X Freaks chat.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 22, 2010, 02:08:31 AM
To be 100% honest I don't think that the X jump will be even remotely possible @ Massey Hall. At least not without causing damage to the building and to eachother. It will be more like in sync above the head arms crossing....

Thats not going to stop me, haha. >:D

>~X~<

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 22, 2010, 02:24:07 AM
If jumping is impossible, I suggest an X wave throughout the song. It'll be like the regular wave, except we'll be throwing up crossed arms instead of our hands. 

...I'll show myself out. :P

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 22, 2010, 02:31:43 AM
or as soon as the shows after we keep doing the x jump to show how much they roclk.... ya my ideas suck

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 22, 2010, 02:56:28 AM
How about playing by ear and see what works when we are there?
OK, I stop now!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:44 AM
That'll work too. And be much easier!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:04 PM
I really hope we get an interesting set list. Like that small concert that opened with Blue Blood a year ago...that would be killer.

Maybe because their playing at a smaller venue they can be a little experimental with us :DDD

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 10:23:58 PM
I'm also hoping for an 'interesting set list' let's see...Blue Blood, Vanishing Love, Rose of Pain...there are lots of cool choices they could make.

If they want to really amuse the Toronto crowd, they'll cover YYZ ;)

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 12:25:51 AM
lmao that would be amazing if they did that. but equally amazing if they do Rose of Pain. I honestly have a strong feeling that they will bring back some of their earlier stuff for this tour

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 23, 2010, 12:43:53 AM
Rose of pain, Say anything, Kurenai, etc. etc. On the other hand I will be happy just to be able to go to their concert. I would listen even to twinkle twinkle little star performed by them. ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline slyphermetra

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: August 23, 2010, 01:46:55 AM
the only song i wanna hear is voiceless screaming. cause thats song touches the soul for shizzle...

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: August 23, 2010, 01:50:49 AM
Voicelss Screaming is Taiji's song. Unless Taiji comes with them I don't think that they would/could play it.  :(

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 23, 2010, 02:03:27 AM
^ They've played Voiceless Screaming as a Toshi solo with violin *Cough* Sugizo *Cough* backing so it is still possible. It would be interesting to see how Toshi pulls it off with his current voice. He sang it decently in the '92 lives. What I think we really need is good live versions of songs that don't already have good live versions. "Alive" definitely comes to mind. It is one of the most underrated songs that is in desperate need of a better performance than the album version. 

Vanishing Vision is another one. Dahlia. Also, Orgasm. I've never seen a live with pata or hide playing the solo perfectly or near perfectly. It seems to be the most consistent inconsistency with X.

I guess our hopes will be verified with the set list in Los Angeles  and Illinois. Both being small venues. Now that I think about it all the north american venues are small so it's unlikely that they'll change the set list. So hopefully X is practicing some new "old" material right now to make sure we leave the concert blogging and telling all our friends. Either that or they don't really care about Canada and decide to have some fun with us that will be the only candle to our hopes of a cool set list...

One thing we can count on: No fashion show.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:06:48 AM by dilbot »

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 23, 2010, 02:13:57 AM

lololol well considering is hasnt been done since the '08 concerts i think everyones good on that one

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:50 AM
Alive is an *awesome* song. It's in major need of new lyrics, though...if they're going to try to conquer the English market, Alive, along with songs like Standing Sex and Stab Me In The Back, have totally ridiculous English lyrics...at least to the ears of most native speakers.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 05:30:45 AM
lololol well considering is hasnt been done since the '08 concerts i think everyones good on that one
Sorry to contradict you but they did a fashion show at the concerts last year in May at Tokyo Dome.  I remember thinking, "this is nice but I'd rather hear some of your wonderful music"!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:41:13 AM by Hypno »

We are X!!!!!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:03 AM
hmmm, i guess ill have to go back and watch those again then lol, must have missed that part

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:37 AM
There will definitely be no fashion show if their going to be playing at the venues that they're going to in North America. They're too small. Not to mention it leaves a bad impression on us "High-And-Mighty" American consumers :)

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 05:58:07 AM
yup just reviewed the shows, Definitely a fashion show in last years lol. Anyways i think we are pretty safe in saying that there wont be one. 1) clearly not enough room at any of the venues 2) I think there smarter than that lol (simply said)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 06:00:36 AM
They weren't even sporting anything spectacularly outstanding like early X, just the toned down stuff which reflects a combo of influences from Jrock fashion, some elements of goth, and a little hairstyling. The most fashionable since the reunion is definitely Heath for most concerts. I'm thinking they'll wear something similar to what they had for the Lollapalooza gig, and the somewhat similar outfits at the Yokohama lives.

Personally, I really enjoyed the outfits they had for the Lollapalooza gig. But i'd like to see some of Heath's outfits from the lives in March of 2008 come back, they were the best Heath outfits in my opinion.

>~X~<

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09:04 AM
I think this'll be a great way for X to touch back to their roots. They're no longer the big thing where they are going to now and it'll be right back to their early days making it big by showing what they're made of. No bullshit drama, or theatrics that they can pull off in Japan. Fuck I hope they bring back the vibes I got when I watched the Rose and Blood tour...that will honestly exceed my countless, craziest, wildest fantasies of seeing them live. If they pull this off right, it'll be even better than seeing them in Tokyo Dome...

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:19 AM
totally agree - i actually think that playing in front of such huge audiences at Tokyo Dome and such has made them more than a little complacent in some ways. I think X are at their best when they're hungry, and I'm getting the feeling that this tour might bring that out in them more than we've seen in a LONG time...