• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 131236

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 12:57:18 AM

I think in Europe X will probably play only a few concerts. Paris is a given, and Germany is also a large possibility (Germany has probably the strongest JRock fanbase in Europe) and also a show in Scandinavia (given that at the 2008 Countdown Lives they announced they would play in Finland).

I don't think they'd play in the UK unfortunately for me. The scene isn't really strong enough and X would have to settle for a 400 capacity venue, which may not even sell out. Also given that France is so geologically close, they probably think that UK fans will travel (XJapan.co.uk was actually created to coax UK fans over to the failed Paris concert at Bercy).

You really think they won't play the UK? I genuinely thought there was a sizeable enough fan base here. I could be wrong though ;) London's one of the tourist hotspots of the world, surely people would follow them to here also??
Well, if Paris it is, then Paris it is.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 01:05:57 AM
Hmm, I really hope that this will not be the case however, I remember a tweet from DespairsRay. They were asked on numerous occasion by fans to play in the UK but apperantly the UK promoters were not willing to bring the band over because of the small fan base. Here is a copy of their tweet:
@el_music We had enough people; the J-Rock scene in UK is still small and we couldn't convince UK promoters that we are worth bringing over!

Of course X is a much bigger band the Despa and Miyavi did play in London so there is HOPE!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:26:19 AM by Palma »

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:13 AM
FUCK YEA Just got my ticket in row E seat 100-101! See you guys there!!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:26 AM
Hmm, I really hope that this will not be the case however, I remember a tweet from DespairsRay. They were asked on numerous occasion by fans to play in the UK but apperantly the UK promoters were not willing to bring the band over because of the small fan base. Here is a copy of their tweet:
@el_music We had enough people; the J-Rock scene in UK is still small and we couldn't convince UK promoters that we are worth bringing over!

Of course X is a much bigger band the Despa and Miyavi did play in London so there is HOPE!

I'm a hold onto that, for as long as I can lol XDDD
I'm not actually a fan of J-rock in general, but from the (admittedly) little that I do know, it seem to me that X have equal amount if not more fans than have DespairsRay or Miyavi. I think if many fans will travel to Paris, then I hope also they will travel to London. X do seem to have to a travelling fan base. I think they could rock the Brixton Accademy here, no problem.  It may be wishful thinking, I don't know....

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 02:43:40 AM
Keeping fingers crossed for the UK fans :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 02:50:10 AM
I'll keep my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed... maybe some deity will see my efforts and decide to reward me lol  ;D

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:23 AM
I'll say a prayer or two :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 03:48:35 AM
Lets just hope Yoshiki's neck can handle all the demand! haha. Wait...what am I saying? Yoshiki is god, he's a man made of steel! Of course he can handle this demand! He's the asian Bono! >:D

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:39 AM
Woah! I think the tickets for Massey are all sold out on Ticketmaster! I've tried searching and it's coming up with tickets not available/same thing as before they went up Wed @ 10am..that's insane. Odd though because I'm still getting many different finds on Massey's site. Anyone else confirm this too? Toronto seems to be full of X fans!

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 09:21:49 AM
Checked for you-- the website was experiencing a glitch and fail, and they're rebooting the system and giving an upgrade. :D

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 03:55:33 PM
Checked for you-- the website was experiencing a glitch and fail, and they're rebooting the system and giving an upgrade. :D

Ticketmaster simply can't handle the extreme demand of X fans. tisk tisk.

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:04 PM
XACTLY! haha zomg 48 DAYS!!!

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 04:41:48 PM
Do you think we will see Hide's tribute video inside Massey Hall?

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 20, 2010, 05:00:29 PM
Lets just hope Yoshiki's neck can handle all the demand! haha. Wait...what am I saying? Yoshiki is god, he's a man made of steel! Of course he can handle this demand! He's the asian Bono! >:D

Rob Lowe's Iron Man has nothing on Yoshiki XDDD
(that was a JOKE, for those lacking a sense of humour).

And Palma, nice sig ^^;

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 20, 2010, 05:30:37 PM
Do you think we will see Hide's tribute video inside Massey Hall?

All depends on how this lawsuit is going between Headwax and Yoshiki. If for some reason they win, I'll say no...and it will be pretty sad, however Yoshiki has said he is determined and willing to fight to keep hide a part of the shows, and good for him!

Offline Meowsa

• View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:01 PM
I only just discovered this forum in my search for tickets to see X-Japan at Massey Hall !
Can't wait to see them! Just bought my balcony tickets!!
I tried to see them in Tokyo 2 years ago but the fans there are rabid and didn't get any tickets :(

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 08:47:14 PM
I only just discovered this forum in my search for tickets to see X-Japan at Massey Hall !
Can't wait to see them! Just bought my balcony tickets!!
I tried to see them in Tokyo 2 years ago but the fans there are rabid and didn't get any tickets :(

Congrats and welcome to X-Freaks! This forum is definitely the best place for X fan's in the western world to chat about everything X! Wow, that would've been amazing if you got tickets to their 2008 Reunion concerts, however, I definitely can understand why you didn't. I think I remember that ALL the tickets sold out in under 24 hours for those Tokyo Dome shows...it's not a surprise seeing as it's Japan's biggest band making a comeback after 10 years!

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 10:39:24 PM
So the meet up we were wondering around 1 or 2 we could meet up and if someone could give me and my friend a ride home to oshawa after the show that oulw be amazing ! let us know!

Your friend and fellow X fan

Shit for brains... btw this is his friend ahahah pwned

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 10:48:42 PM
So the meet up we were wondering around 1 or 2 we could meet up and if someone could give me and my friend a ride home to oshawa after the show that oulw be amazing ! let us know!

Your friend and fellow X fan

Shit for brains... btw this is his friend ahahah pwned

An X meet up is definitely a must. I think I may be around Massey 'round 3-4pm ish. it's nice the Eaton's Centre is like 1 block away to eat/wait around cause depending on the setup outside Massey, we may not be able to loiter around it...I hope so! Btw, I live in Whitby haha small world. Just get the GO Train back from Union, the last one is at midnight I believe, I know it'll be cutting it close but I couldn't see the concert lasting more than 2 and a half hours so we'd be out by 10:45 pm at the latest and Union is like 10 mins away by subway.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 11:16:52 PM
Sunds good. Hell, we may end up meetin' ya on the train. :p

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
My tickets just got delivered today!
We should really meet before the concert. My question would be: How would we recognize eachother? :D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 02:26:40 AM
My tickets just got delivered today!
We should really meet before the concert. My question would be: How would we recognize eachother? :D

We can just decide on a meeting spot or something, lol.

>~X~<

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 06:00:16 AM
yea we'll have a meeting place and im sure but could be wrong, but we'll all have something X related with us, shouldnt be toooo hard to find each other

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 02:42:09 PM
OK, find fixed meeting place and look for cool looking people with X related stuff on hand. I got it!
XDDDDDDDDDDDD

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Dango

• View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 04:47:16 PM
What??? But I was planning on bringing crinkly candy wrappers to the X concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's been part of my plan if I ever got to see them live for the past 10 years! lmao

I'm assuming most of those rules are for the regular theatre events.. I can imagine it would be very disruptive if an audience member started belting out "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" along with the actor during a performance, but it's not realistic to forbid singing along at a rock concert lol. Cell phones are probably fine to BRING (i sure hope so because I'm not from toronto and that will be my only means of communication, not to mention my way of telling time lol) but not sure whether pics would be allowed with them. If I don't hear anything from ticketmaster/etc by october I'll probably just contact the venue directly and check with them whether cameras will be confiscated/etc

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 21, 2010, 08:52:03 PM
I'm most definitely interested in a meetup too! :) I'm going to be coming up earlier in the day with my fiancee and my friend :) would be awesome to meet up with some fellow X Freaks :D We'll probably get there sometime in the early afternoon.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 21, 2010, 09:46:51 PM
Hmm...well at first I was going to suggest we meet up in the Eaton Center...but then again, that place is really big and confusing, and there are alot of people there...so I thinking maybe we can do the meet up in Dundas Square. Its right by Massey Hall, and you'd be able to easily pick out other X freaks, lol.

>~X~<

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 21, 2010, 10:56:24 PM
$50 says i know who you are Dango lol. Theres a good chance the cameras would be confiscated i know they were at the Miyavi concert. So its a slight risk.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 21, 2010, 10:59:58 PM
Dundas Square is a great idea but The Eaton Centre inside would be better by the H&M main entrance just in case it would be raining.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:12 PM
Either one, there basically right beside each other, lmao.

>~X~<