X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 130801

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th Buy Tickets - CA$53.89 - CA$83.89

Massey Hall is a venerable performing arts theatre in the Garden District of downtown Toronto. The theatre originally was designed to seat 3,500 patrons but, after extensive renovations in the 1940s, now seats up to 2,752.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Got my ticket! Can't wait!!  ;D

Should we organize an X meet up?

>~X~<

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Yes we should! Would I be the only one who would be carrying gifts (small ones) for the band members or would someone else be so bold as well?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What seat did you guys get? I didnt even notice the ticket went on sale until my freind called me at 2 pm. I ordered the balcony back seat through ticketmaster at 3pm, then I went to massey hall's own website and found a front row seat C 20 avaliable , instantly ordered it and cancelled the ticketmaster order.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
im RSF row L 52-54 and im definitely down for a meet up!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Wow Thomas you will be sitting right behind us. RSF row K 51-54

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
It seems like chicago-toronto is the only back to back shows in the N/A tour. I hope toshi doesnt break his voice @ the chicago show.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
RCF Row E Seat 42.

I'm thinking of making up an awesome poster for the concert to bring along and showoff when appropriate.

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
It seems like chicago-toronto is the only back to back shows in the N/A tour. I hope toshi doesnt break his voice @ the chicago show.

That's a concern I have as well =/ I hope he isn't worn out for us in Toronto with a scratchy voice/ no high notes.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Don't forget he actually sounded better on Aug. 15th then on the 14th.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:15 AM
^ good point lol, we'll just look at it as a warm up act for our show :) lol

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:43 AM
And at the Hong Kong shows he was better on the 17th then he was on the 1th.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:21 PM
Wow Thomas you will be sitting right behind us. RSF row K 51-54

hah awesome, i guess ill be seeing you there then lol, im kind of worried that its to far back and to the side. Not really sure how its gonna be. Every time i refreshed to get better seats they just kept getting worse lol, Hopefully they wont be to bad

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:07 PM
It is a theatre setting and not a sports arena so the view should be pretty good as long as they don't put something stupid up on the sides to obstruct it. We should be OK I think.(hope)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 04:08:40 PM
It is a theatre setting and not a sports arena so the view should be pretty good as long as they don't put something stupid up on the sides to obstruct it. We should be OK I think.(hope)

You can check out what you're view will look with this interactive seating map I found at the website for Massey Hall. -> http://www.masseyhall.com/mh_seatingplans_popup

>~X~<

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 07:21:07 PM
Got my seats yesterday at about 10:15 pm. I set my alarm for earlier than that but it didn't go off! I wanted front row centre but I guess I wasn't quick enough lol. ;) Our group is in Row G, right side - seats 53-55 :) We're coming up from Belleville to catch the show :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:35:00 PM
Great to hear it, Lunaslave! It seems like us X fans in Ontario are a strong force and hopefully we'll sell the place out to show we demand more X Japan! Haha and yea I feel your pain about the seat situation, even though I ended up with Row C, seat 29 (centre) teehee. Ticketmaster was being retarded and giving Row K and R etc @ 10 am like wtf. Anyways, went through Massey's site and got C. 49 DAYS LEFT GUYS!!!

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:59 PM
d'oh! maybe i should've gotten through the Massey Hall site! I thought their site would just have a link to Ticketmaster.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 08:21:32 PM
Yea they sell the tickets themselves. They've both for their positives/negatives...Ticketmaster has much better shipping options such as the Fedex 2 day. Massey Hall has Canada Post regular 10 day shipping which is fine since it's 49 days away but snail mail is never as reliable. Besides that, Massey gave the option of picking up the tickets the day of the concert at the venue which I really didn't want to do, I'd rather have them with me and KNOW their mine.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM
Yea i would have never of thought to go through massey hall themselves. Good job on your seats, they seem awesome. It would be awesome if we sell the place out..then they would have to come back right? lol its going to be awesome

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 08:29:08 PM
Oh yea, I could definitely see them coming back to Toronto if the reception is outstanding and we sell out. My guess is that if they are well received on a general basis for this North American tour with both concert/album selling well, they will come back. They said they're doing Europe next which is more than fair because there have been many people, including some on these boards who've lost money on 3 promised/canceled shows in Paris where as the only promise that was made for North America was Madison Square Garden back in 2008. I am guessing it will be something like this. North American tour (2010)/album(2011) -> European tour (2011) -> Asian tour (2011/12)...(if at this point a strong fan base world wide) -> big venue(s) in NA, Europe, then Japan/Asia again.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53:27 PM
That sounds about right, Feudal. I wonder if they'll hit Australia too?

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 09:06:13 PM
I figure they'd play in Oceania (South America too) if they feel there's enough of a demand for them to play there. Suppose it depends how well the new album sells on those continents.

And wow, never realised how many people from Ontario post here. This board'll have quite the contingent of fans going to the show.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 09:40:57 PM
South America is definately a big possibility for X. Especially Brazil, there A LOT of X Japan fans in Brazil. South America also has quite a big JRock scene, artists who have ventured over there (such as Miyavi and Toshi when he was with T-Earth) have been given fantastic receptions.

I think in Europe X will probably play only a few concerts. Paris is a given, and Germany is also a large possibility (Germany has probably the strongest JRock fanbase in Europe) and also a show in Scandinavia (given that at the 2008 Countdown Lives they announced they would play in Finland).

I don't think they'd play in the UK unfortunately for me. The scene isn't really strong enough and X would have to settle for a 400 capacity venue, which may not even sell out. Also given that France is so geologically close, they probably think that UK fans will travel (XJapan.co.uk was actually created to coax UK fans over to the failed Paris concert at Bercy).

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 10:55:29 PM

And wow, never realised how many people from Ontario post here. This board'll have quite the contingent of fans going to the show.

Yeah, Ontario representin' ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 11:16:38 PM
Btw guys, I noticed that Massey Hall seems to have a strict policy on camera's and cellphones (http://www.masseyhall.com/mh_patronservices) they are prohibited in the venue. Anyone know more of this/if you've been there before? I understand about camera's but for most people, cell phones are not only for safety but are a necessity lol I wonder if it's a 'has to be off and NOT shown' policy or just simply NO cellphones at all. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's going to be no cell phones at all.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:11 PM
Form Massey Hall's webpage:

"Please turn off your cell phones, pagers, watch-alarms before entering the auditorium.
Use of cameras, video-audio recording devices in the auditorium is strictly prohibited.
If you are a latecomer or leave the auditorium during the performance, you will be seated at an appropriate break in the performance, as determined by the conductor or guest artist.
Please refrain from quiet conversations, whispers, singing, and humming and crinkly candy wrappers as the acclaimed acoustics of this auditorium carry your conversation and disruptions all the way to the stage as well as to the patrons around you. " XD

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 11:46:56 PM
Hahahaha that's hilarious. Well at least we know we can have our cell phones on us :D Also, for the latecomer/leaving auditorium, you should be SLAPPED for being late for X! haha

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 11:48:45 PM
Whew. Good thing there seem to be no rules against shouting, screaming, loud conversations and jumping.  :P

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:05 AM
Whew. Good thing there seem to be no rules against shouting, screaming, loud conversations and jumping.  :P

Especially jumping.

>~X~<