X Japan World Tour @ Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA - October 1st

Sander · 25588

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #60 on: October 02, 2010, 03:04:16 PM
Yeah I really don't think they they doing bad till now at all - I'm honestly surprised that they are selling so much till now actally. XD More than I expected.

If one show doesn't go that well, that don't mean much either. Look at Versailles first europe tour for example... in Munich it looked like there were maybe around 200 people? It was already a tiny hall but there were hardly any people @@ In comparision to that, a few days from that I sold out (i think) a BIG hall in Paris.
Well, it's not like the paramount theater was half empty... ;)

The only thing that surprises me, is that there is hardly any coverage around yet. Maybe that's because of the weekend? They had pretty many articles before the concert in that city...hm...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 03:09:55 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/afterdark/archives/223292.asp

"On the U.S. tour, Toshi is singing most of the songs in English. ***Next winter***, the band will release its first U.S. album"

W.T.F.

http://carlbegai.com/2010/10/01/x-japan-band-of-the-rising-sons/

"the natural assumption is that the band is filming the North American tour for a DVD release. It would be foolish on many levels not to do so. Yoshiki agrees.

“We’re trying to film some of the shows, yes, but I don’t know which ones."

I bet the only lives they record will be the one's where Toshi's voice f***'s up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:48:17 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:42 PM
Next winter now? Wonderful! :(

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 05:27:36 PM
The next winter starts in a few months :P So don't worry! I'm sure it was a typo or misunderstanding. They never plan that far ahead XD

This is my administrator color.

CharonCaori

Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 05:58:34 PM
I saw someone post on twitter (I think from Canada) something like "Is it strange that I haven't heard of x japan? The commercial made it sound like the biggest thing to come to American soil." So the commercials are helping a little.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 06:04:09 PM
Did no one record anything at this concert except that one person?

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 08:17:49 PM
too busy partying...nothing from me

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:05 PM
Short compilation of songs from the concert, Toshi's vocals are crazy on 'X'.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:00:59 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 11:30:02 PM
Thanks for the video! They all sound great, and the crowd looked like they were having a blast.

Man, when I first bought the tickets I told my self I wouldn't look at any concert spoilers but that turned out to be an impossible feat....

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 11:30:41 PM
Misc things:

*even though I don't expect the set list to change for the other remaining dates of the promo tour, Drain is the tune I would love to see them replace with something else.  The energy died during that tune.

*if they're going to bring a video screen around - I would suggest they make better use of it than having computerized designs running on them during the show.  Maybe sync up the camera man's feed to the video screen every now and then?  Or, some local footage from each city (like entering Seattle, or Sea-Tac airport, etc)?  Just seems like a waste to have that big screen with them and not use it to its potential

*Sugizo took his own pics of some of the band at the end of the gig while they were on stage.  Staff photographer took pics of the entire band with their backs to the audience (to show the audience of course behind them)...

*several water bottles were squirted and/or thrown as previously reported.  Sugizo managed to get 2 up to the balcony level

*free post cards advertising the show were at The Paramount.  Just had the 5 member image they've been using on one side, dates on the other...

*with all due respect to hide's legacy, I think it's time they consider letting Sugizo play the lead(s) for the entire show.  Whether you're an old school die hard fan or a newbie, it just seems time for them to move on.  A fresh start here in North America....

*I can't comment on Vampires Everywhere as we were sitting in the lobby chatting while having a drink.  Their performance was being shown on the in house TV's anyway.  Seemed like a good way to spend the time than bash the band.

\m/

Knucklehead

Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 07:50:49 AM
Regarding that "winter" thing for the new album, it'll be early 2011. The band will be signing a deal with a US record label before the end of 2010 (if the haven't already). That's the word from the band's US-based promo agency, who are doing a killer job.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:02 AM
seems like Seattle had a great blast theres a review of the show at http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php/webzine/feature-articles/1604-x-japan-live-report-seattle.html

now they head to Canada.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 08:42:04 PM
Rusty Nail, I founds it. (up to the end of the solo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DE5lPrvzlZ9E
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:53:44 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 03:22:04 AM
I didn't get to say anything on the forum yet because I was busy the rest of the weekend. But wow, X was everything I could hope it would be. It was really surreal being in the 2nd row from the stage, so amazing to see them live. I don't think I was ever happier to be at a live show before.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:53 AM
Just as the Vancouver live has happened, for some reason only now has every video under the sun from the Seattle show emerged on youtube (slight  exagguration).

Part of Art of Life, Toshi sings it really well

Jade, full song, okay quality.

Short section of Jade, much better quality.

Sugizo Violin solo

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 05:00:51 PM
A good blog about the Seattle concert - http://blog.naughtiest.us/2649

According to it, Sugizo played the Star Spangled Banner in his violin solo :D JrockRevolution confirms that in their report - http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php/webzine/feature-articles/1604-x-japan-live-report-seattle.html

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:35 PM
Pretty good quality full video of silent jealousy  ;D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbHw1mBCFOQ[/youtube]

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 06, 2010, 07:09:24 PM
Thanks to everyone for posting the videos. Yes, Sugizo did just slide right into the Star Spangled Banner during his solo and yes, it was f*ing awesome to hear the national anthem Sugizo-style. :)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #78 on: October 09, 2010, 03:43:25 PM
91,8 The Fan has a nice review, although with a few mistakes.