X Japan World Tour @ Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA - October 1st

Sander · 25587

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA - October 1st Buy Tickets - $42.00

The Paramount Theatre in Seattle, Washington is a 2,807-seat performing arts venue at 9th Avenue and Pine Street in Downtown Seattle in the United States of America. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 9, 1974. It is also an official City of Seattle landmark. The Paramount was built expressly for showing film and secondarily, vaudeville. As of 2009, the Paramount is currently operated as a performing arts venue, serving a diverse patron base that attends Broadway theatre, concerts, dance, comedy, family engagements, silent film and jazz. It is considered to be one of the busiest theatres in the region.

This is my administrator color.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
I'm sooo excited, I've walked passed this venue many times since my sisters apartment is only a few blocks away :D Got tickets for me, my sister, and my girlfriend! Anyone else going?

Offline andy.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
wow, the theatre looks great =O

"the language barrier doesn't exist in great music."

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
im comin to this show as well! woohoo! X twice in one week

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
the venue looks STUNNING! wow

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 04:43:00 AM
I will be there!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 12:39:42 PM
Leaving Holland today. Can't wait for  concert.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 05:02:49 PM
next STOP here, enjoy guysss

Ex denxdenx

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 05:05:22 PM
An article by Seattle Weekly: http://www.seattleweekly.com/2010-09-29/music/the-ex-x/

One interesting thing is that it claims that the new album might get a release by a major record label, though "the ink's not yet dry on the deal."

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:09:53 PM
I can't wait for the show on Friday!  One thing though - the LA and Oakland gigs had GA/Pits on the floor which, IMO, creates a wilder energy at the gig.  The last time I checked, The Paramount was sticking with their all reserved seats plan...no GA (even though they have the ability to pull the seats from the main floor).  Anyone know for sure?

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 08:19:32 PM
Nevermind - answered my own question.  It's all reserved seating for Friday's gig.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:21 PM

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 10:07:15 PM
I think the article starts moving into pointless Muse bashing when it starts mentioning the Twilight soundtrack, there was no need for that just to make X look good. Also '80's *soft* rock' was a very bad term to reference X Japan's music style as. Apart from that its a pretty good article.

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 04:46:09 AM
Not a bad article.  Seattle Weekly is a free paper around these parts for those who didn't know.

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 11:46:32 AM
I can't wait for the show on Friday!  One thing though - the LA and Oakland gigs had GA/Pits on the floor which, IMO, creates a wilder energy at the gig.  The last time I checked, The Paramount was sticking with their all reserved seats plan...no GA (even though they have the ability to pull the seats from the main floor).  Anyone know for sure?
I've been to lots of shows at the Paramount and while they do stick to reserve seating and only allow people into the areas where they hold tickets (balcony, main floor, etc.) in my experience they are also very relaxed about letting people stand up out of their seats near the stage. How much they tolerate depends on the individual security personnel and the instructions of the performers, I think. They won't permit a pit but they also won't sic their overgrown ushers on you unless you're being a real prick.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 12:00:27 AM
I think it would be a good idea on all of the tour threads to also post what time the concerts start, it would be very helpful for people trying to follow it online. Figuring out when the Oakland live started was very confusing.

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 12:03:22 AM
I think it would be a good idea on all of the tour threads to also post what time the concerts start, it would be very helpful for people trying to follow it online. Figuring out when the Oakland live started was very confusing.
The reminder e-mail I got from STG Presents (production company) says this:

"Just a reminder that you bought tickets to see X Japan at The Paramount on Friday, October 1st. Doors will open at 7 pm, and the show is at 8 pm!

Approximate set times:

Vampires Everywhere! 8 - 8:30 pm
X Japan - 9 - 11 pm

Set times are approximate, so be sure to be there when the show starts at 8pm!

"

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 12:15:18 AM
I've been to lots of shows at the Paramount and while they do stick to reserve seating and only allow people into the areas where they hold tickets (balcony, main floor, etc.) in my experience they are also very relaxed about letting people stand up out of their seats near the stage. How much they tolerate depends on the individual security personnel and the instructions of the performers, I think. They won't permit a pit but they also won't sic their overgrown ushers on you unless you're being a real prick.

Yeah, I've been going to the Paramount since the 80's so I've seen my fair share of shows there.  I just wasn't sure if they were pulling the seating out on the Main Floor to make it truly GA or if they were going to leave the seats in, like most shows there, and make it reserved. 

I kind of wish they would pull the seats from the MF and make it GA like I've seen in the Wiltern and Oakland shows.  Oh well - it'll still be a kick ass show!

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 07:10:37 AM
There's an article about the X Japan show linked from the front page of the Seattle Times website for Friday.

"X Japan realizes dream of first U.S. tour; see the group Friday at the Paramount"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2013041209_xjapan01.html?cmpid=2628

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 09:24:08 AM
The reminder e-mail I got from STG Presents (production company) says this:

"Just a reminder that you bought tickets to see X Japan at The Paramount on Friday, October 1st. Doors will open at 7 pm, and the show is at 8 pm!

Approximate set times:

Vampires Everywhere! 8 - 8:30 pm
X Japan - 9 - 11 pm

Set times are approximate, so be sure to be there when the show starts at 8pm!

"

Ah okay, so for people following this in the UK the concert wont even start until 3:00am xd, oh well.

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 10:16:17 AM
Very good article! Wow, it's today! Have fun to all Xfreaks who are attending!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 02:28:02 PM
Ah okay, so for people following this in the UK the concert wont even start until 3:00am xd, oh well.

Ahahaha Ulquiorra!!! We can try to drink tons of coffee and stay awake  ;D

Somebody will twitter for us about the lining up and concert????

It is quite exciting following all those concerts, even if we can't be there!!!
Being an X fan seems to be addicting and not healthy when they do concerts  :D

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:47 PM
I think the article starts moving into pointless Muse bashing when it starts mentioning the Twilight soundtrack, there was no need for that just to make X look good. Also '80's *soft* rock' was a very bad term to reference X Japan's music style as. Apart from that its a pretty good article.

I didn't regard as the article as Muse bashing at all, it just made a lot of positive comparisons between the two bands and the prowess of their live shows.

I mean, let's be honest here. Muse are regarded by a lot of people as being the best live band in the world right now, with only mega-acts like U2 rivaling their stage presence. To compare X Japan to that based on their Wiltern Gig is pretty damned high praise.

Don't get me wrong, the 2008 Tokyo Dome shows were my personal favorite gigs of all time, but in terms of how tight and rehearsed X are on stage, comparing them to Muse is quite generous. X Japan post-reunion have been quite sloppy at times, when I saw Muse at Wembley last month they didn't step a single foot wrong on either night.

Offline saprobe

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 08:11:28 PM
I think the Muse comparison is only drawn because their popularity--especially among young people--was a surprise to a lot of people who thought stadium rock was dead and buried. That's why they brought up Twilight. I don't think it was a deliberate dig.

I'm kind of concerned that the turnout for tonight's show will be low because there's not much buzz and this media coverage is all last minute. :E

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM
Oh man! That article made my day.

X Japan has been my favorite band since 2002, but in 2007 or so, Muse came into my life and has been the only band to come close to contending for the position of all-time fave for me. To see X get praise like this, just feels great. Thanks so much for posting that!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 09:10:08 PM
I finally saw the ad for the gig last night on MTV (same one they've been using for LA and Oakland - just changed show to Seattle, The Parmount, etc).  As others stated, I think tonight's gig may be lacking in attendance for whatever reason.  There are plenty of tickets available and the media coverage has been next to nil.  I suppose those of us going will just have to yell that much louder to make up the difference   ;D

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
Everyone have fun tonight, can't wait to read the reviews!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

CharonCaori

Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 11:13:57 PM
I'll try to keep up with the show on twitter again, if I don't get too caught up in my sewing. Have a blast, guys!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 11:25:12 PM

Ahahaha Ulquiorra!!! We can try to drink tons of coffee and stay awake  ;D

Hmm, reading this is slightly convincing me.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 11:47:28 PM
I want to stay awake too but I have to wake up at 8 to go to work...T_T
Though it's 1.45 right now and I'm still not asleep....D:

And allow me to say once more: sdfaFWEFSEASDADSASD...I really hope they come to Europe S O O N cause reading all the updates from the US tour is making me way too mother fucking excitedddddddddddfsfdadasdSAas. /spazout

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.