Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th

Sander · 62497

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How did VE take the booing? I've seen some opening bands get visibly upset in the past about it, while others enjoyed it and continued to piss off the crowd lol.

Well... Heh... I made a sign that said "I wish it was Vampires NOWHERE" and my buddy held it up on the second tier.. Apparently, the singer pointed at him and did the whole "Come hither" finger action, provoking my friend.

At the end of their set, he just yanked the cord out of his mic and left the stage.  The drummer approached the audience and gave some thanks to a few fans and walked off.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike that band a whole bunch- mostly the vocalist, everything else isn't that bad, it's just that he's abysmal- but I kinda felt bad.  Not that bad though.. =P
that was you? haha I kept booing them I was right in the side of you guys XD
http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/x-japan-the-wiltern-31264766/37/ me and my gf :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:05:30 PM by SadisticDesire »

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KSOOh3QTg[/youtube]

Sugizo violin solo + intro Kurenai violin/piano

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
According to this article at natalie.mu, the hide's management forbid the use of hide's images on the day before the show. It is still unknown if they will be used in the future.

And Barks has some pictures from the show, including the crowd - http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000064440

It looks like it was sold out alright!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:08:06 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Nanami

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I don't think it's bad that they don't show any hide pictures.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
It makes the playback in Rusty Nail very awkward when people who've never heard of them before see them though.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't think it's bad that they don't show any hide pictures.

Yea, I don't mind it, whether they use images or not, it doesn't matter to me, but its rather frustrating that the band was actually forbidden from using them.

>~X~<

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but what kind of merchandise were they selling?

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but what kind of merchandise were they selling?
someone posted a pic of it check it out at page 7, just yoshikitty plushies and t shirts.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I see. Damn, hoping they were selling some CDs too. Ah well, I probably won't have any money for merch anyways.  :P

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
"There was even a bit of stage diving by vocalist Toshi"
I keep wondering why they can't tell Yoshiki and Toshi apart? I guess it is the Toshiki syndrome....;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2,300 people? Cool! :)

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
"Representatives of the band's late guitarist Hide made it known the same day that they didn't want the band to use his image onstage as they usually do. That led to some last-minute setlist changes..."

Last minute setlist changes? What else do you think they were going to play then?

>~X~<

CharonCaori

I bet the news report pulled the "last-minute setlist changes" out of their ass. Come on, they played Drain for crying out loud; if they were going to make a setlist change I think they would've taken that one out.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Mangarocks/crew_01.jpg

That's me with my crew from the Phoenix area in the Arizonas with the sign that pissed off the vocalist.. XP

In other news.. It was the best show I have ever been to.  I hope this is a taste of what's to come...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Mangarocks/xjapan_06.jpg

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Hey guys, hope you don't mind me asking a dumb question here. Hopefully it isn't considered off-topic since it mostly concerns the NY show in 2 weeks.

I actually live in NY and I'll be attending Comic Con, and will also be attending the Oct 10th X show. I'm curious for any of you who were in line for the LA show, when did you get in line and how good was your view? I'm fine with getting there Sunday morning before noon, but I'm worried I'm going to end up in a corner or behind a pole or something. Camping out isn't an option because of comic con (I'm doing some portfolio reviews the day before and want to get some rest, as Saturday will be a day I've been working my butt off towards for the past several months, and I want a good night's sleep as a reward). Anyway, I was just wondering how late or early any of you may have gotten there, and if you were pleased with the view as a result.

Thanks so much!!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I got there around 4, and doors were suppose to open around 6:30 and I got a pretty good view.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Everything, apart from the hide playback and the changed lyrics seemed completely awesome from the videos I've seen. I don't personally like it but I can understand the point of the changed lyrics - they're trying to win new North American fans. the hide solo playback, however...I know if I was checking them out for the first time and saw that I'd think it was horrible in a 'these guys can't play their instruments live' sort of way...and that's NOT a vibe you want to give off, especially to metal fans...that being said, I want to repeat that everything else seemed VERY awesome.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
agreed with last minute changes was meh, but overall the show was great, nice to see alot of news exposure for the band after the concert ended, Yoshiki as always was super hot so many girls and maybe guy I don't know screaming for him was hilarious but was so much energy all night I just couldn't sleep the whole night

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
I bet the news report pulled the "last-minute setlist changes" out of their ass. Come on, they played Drain for crying out loud; if they were going to make a setlist change I think they would've taken that one out.

I've realised that the reason they included Drain in the setlist, and unfortunatly the reason they're never going to replace it with something else is because its completely in English.

At last, I.V

Okay, better quality videos of art of life, the song only started at the piano solo.

Watch this for the piano solo of art of life (sugizo's violin solo at the beginning is great)

And this video for the rest of the song afterwards, because the quality's better on this video.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:14:56 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
A not-so-big-fan said in his blog that the sound "blew ass" and that Yoshiki was "the only one really getting into the music it seemed like. Everyone else was kind of just standing around nearly their whole set".

What do the concert-goers say to that?

JrockRevolution, however, liked the show.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:57:16 AM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
But Pata and Heath always look as if they are more or less just standing around even in the pre 1997 concerts...o_O'
And from the few videos I saw online it looked to me like Toshi was as into it as in any other live..
I'd also like to hear the opinion of those who were there and who know how the band members usually act on stage.....^^;;;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Am i only one who can't view youtube video?

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Am i only one who can't view youtube video?

i m all good with the youtube video

Ex denxdenx

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
It  tell me to upgrade flash player. when i click on the link provided it direct me a payment site.
I'm not going to pay for youtube.  Somebody else with this problem? 

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Ignore that, just go the main adobe flash website and get the latest version of flash.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
i try to adobe site but it does not work. when i have instal complete and go to youtube. the site say upgrade flash player.
Internet hate me.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Are you using internet explorer, or something more advanced like Firefox?

Video of Toshi talking, he sounds so funny when he's speaking in english, imo its even funnier since you can tell he's reading it off a monitor on the floor.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:26:58 PM by Ulquiorra »

shane140

XD That's hilarious. XDD