X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Headwax suing Yoshiki for using hide's image in concerts?

Sander · 33857

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #90 on: August 21, 2010, 03:29:38 AM
OMG BeautyBroken Thank You, :D you made me laugh so hard with this:
X Japan have had plenty of sponsors, not all of them have been gullible record labels - or even legitimate businesses.
Anyone who knows anything about the Music Industry anywhere knows the local Syndicates have their hands deep in the pie. In the 50's/60's here in the West, many of the 'crooners' were Mafia 'backed' (a much nicer word than 'owned'.)

I am not Japanese. Ann, Yakuza are Japan's syndicated crime factions, age old as the Samurai. They are like Canada/US/Italy's Mafia but with a longer history. As for the accident, I haven't heard anything about an 'accident.'

Going back to earlier in this thread, where losses in Metallica, et al, were being compared to X Japan's loss of hide: Despite Hiroshi's seeming disregard for the honour of his big brother's gift to him of Headwax upon his death, Japan honours their dead very differently to the USA or Canada or the UK , etc. There are immense cultural differences. Yoshiki has shown great honour to his dear friend by headlining him in the band. Hirochan? Yeah, not so much.

As an avid lover of not just the music of X, but of the band and their history, I would be disappointed to attend a concert and have no indication of hide's involvement, no segment of his music or visuals, because he is and always will be a member of the band. I agree with those who say it is about the entire event, emotions, spirit, etc. I ONLY attend lives of bands who have heart. LOL, If I wanted just the music, I would toss a disc in the machine or crank my PSP and blow my ears out. Now that I know of this lawsuit, I will be prepared for hide's absence on October 3 when I attend the concert, but when Toshi says, "On guitar: hide!" I will yell his name just as loud, if not louder, as I would if his playback and/or images were included, sending my love for him to the ether. This way I honour his memory and Yoshiki's visceral relationship to hide and his memory.

FTR: I adore Sugizo, he is perfection at what he does. He has played beside hide's spirit with humble joy since the 1st day he took the stage where hide used to stand/sit. With or without hide visuals or playback, Sugizo will undoubtedly continue to do so in a way only Sugizo is able.

Love and Peace Out Everyone      

Offline Chocolate

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Anime Empire
Reply #91 on: August 21, 2010, 03:36:58 PM
He has played beside hide's spirit with humble joy since the 1st day he took the stage where hide used to stand/sit. With or without hide visuals or playback, Sugizo will undoubtedly continue to do so in a way only Sugizo is able.
I totally agree with you. Sugizo never wanted or tried to take hide's place, he [SGZ] himself said that he was the sixth member. And it's good that way, if you ask me.

Anyway...
I think HEADWAX is only trying to make money out of hide's image. I don't know, I haven't been into X or hide for too long, but I read and saw enough to make an impression. And yes, I agree that it's way more complicated than it seems, but the amount of money HEADWAX is asking for is way too much. I'm not saying that JMA is not guilty, but the whole thing is totally unballanced. I mean, they only used hide's image briefly in Yokohama. But the thing I don't understand is why does Hiroshi own hide's image? In my opinion, at least for the X/X Japan material, Yoshiki should have the rights.
And I don't think Yoshiki is trying to make money out of hide's image. Because, as it was already already, no one paid him for composing I.V. in such manner that hide's guitar tracks would fit. Not to mention the hide hologram. So yes, he's pretty much doing everything because he wants everyone to know how great is hide (he said so, if I'm not mistaken)

Anyway, it's just that Hiroshi is trying to make too much money from hide. And this whole thing is just stupid - I hope Yoshiki will get out of this and hide won't "leave" the band.

「人々はもう手の中に居る」

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: August 21, 2010, 05:04:15 PM
Let me simplify this drama.

- HIDE is not replaceable.
- A GUITARIST is replaceable.

So, they can do tributes to hide without using playback. Lead guitar is the main instrument of a rock band. If they use playback for a lead guitar, EVEN HAVING A GUITARIST, it's simply stupid. You can say all that crap about "he is not making money with this and blahblahblah", but it's stupid.

Kurenai intro is good. X "tobetobetobe" is good. Without You is good, I really liked the song. If they keep this as tribute would be awesome. But using prerecorded guitar tracks on half a concert is just stupid. After Yokohama, seeing Sugizo playing Endless Rain, I see the band is finally moving on. This "sixth member" stuff is already enough.

One thing is making a tribute to someone who was important to them. Another one is using playbacks and make him more important than everybody.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 21, 2010, 05:29:46 PM
@Joker: putting it like this, I can fully agree with you.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:06 PM
@Faestian: well said. Thanx! I totally forgot about cultural differences that have to be taken into account when we talk about X

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: August 21, 2010, 05:56:20 PM
Let me simplify this drama.

- HIDE is not replaceable.
- A GUITARIST is replaceable.

So, they can do tributes to hide without using playback. Lead guitar is the main instrument of a rock band. If they use playback for a lead guitar, EVEN HAVING A GUITARIST, it's simply stupid. You can say all that crap about "he is not making money with this and blahblahblah", but it's stupid.

Kurenai intro is good. X "tobetobetobe" is good. Without You is good, I really liked the song. If they keep this as tribute would be awesome. But using prerecorded guitar tracks on half a concert is just stupid. After Yokohama, seeing Sugizo playing Endless Rain, I see the band is finally moving on. This "sixth member" stuff is already enough.

One thing is making a tribute to someone who was important to them. Another one is using playbacks and make him more important than everybody.

Joker, I think that most of the people totally agree with that!!!
But the topic is about they being sued for using hide's image by headwax...
So, the drama is still there  ;D

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: August 21, 2010, 06:13:12 PM
We are talking about X. The drama will always be there.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:12 PM
We are talking about X. The drama will always be there.

Thinking about that, mayby it would be annoying without drama. It's quite exciting being a fan from X and following all the episodes ;D

Edit: Not that I am asking for drama, I like people being happy...But seriously, it is like they are damned sometimes...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:24:07 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 21, 2010, 06:33:38 PM
Drama and X go hand in hand! I mean could you imagine Yoshiki settling down somewhere in suburbia and having a quiet life with a wife and 5 kids?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #99 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:55 PM
LOL @Palma. If  suburbia is La Jolla, California, maybe. The wife and 5 kids? Yeah, not so much.  :D 

Offline Chocolate

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Anime Empire
Reply #100 on: August 21, 2010, 06:44:17 PM
@ Palma
About that...
ROTFLMAO.

And yes, it's pretty hard to imagine a X without drama. And me too, totally agree with what Joker said.

「人々はもう手の中に居る」

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 02:42:12 AM
http://www.hide-city.com/information/index.html?id=1282507439

Here is announcement from Headwax.It's japanese language.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:51 PM
Thanks Bahbah!
Anyone understands something written there?

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 11:13:47 PM
Thanks Bahbah!

From what I can understand from my awful Japanese reading, it's nothing that we haven't heard already. They are very guarded and minimal in what they say and are very matter-of-fact.

I've requested an accurate translation from the wonderful Keiko Hamaguchi, so watch this space.

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: August 24, 2010, 12:28:14 AM
when I attend the concert, but when Toshi says, "On guitar: hide!" I will yell his name

Same here.

just as loud, if not louder, as I would if his playback and/or images were included

Not same here. I would just go "Oh look, The Last Live video. Again. Seen that."

As Demon Kogure puts it, rock is spirit, but it's also a show. You deserve what you paid with your money.

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #105 on: August 24, 2010, 04:59:29 AM
Thanks Bahbah!

your welcome , here is the answer from JMA.They said that they already paid and have receipt.JMA will have press conference later.

Credit : Purple Pride

http://www.xjapan.in.th/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=di14mg3eprbotvb52ae50863b3&topic=4535.0

㈱ジャパンミュージックエージェンシーからのお知らせ

㈱ジャパンミュージックエージェンシーから、「本日、ある新聞社からの問い合わせを受けて、以下のように回答させていただきました。」
という連絡がありましたので、その回答文を掲載させていただきます。
内容は以下になります。

==============================
<以下、回答文>
HIDEさんの肖像権についてですが、2010年6月8日付けでHIDEさん所属事務所から届い た請求書に基づき、
肖像利用の前払い金の一部(50%)として、同日2010年6月8日に「18,202,725円」(税込 19,112,861円)を既に支払っておりますが、
今回、HIDE Cityにて告知された内容については、その事実も記載しておりません。

また、2010年8月16日には、さらに20億円の支払をネクスターにしなければHIDEさんの肖像権を使わせないとの
趣旨の要求をするに至っております。

これらは、あまりにも一方的な内容であり、文章の真偽についての異議を唱えれば切りがありません。

近々コメントまたは、場合によっては記者会見を開くことも考えております。
そして法的な対応を検討中です。

分別ある対応をお願い申し上げます。
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:15:19 AM by bahbah »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:38 AM
JMA paid Hiroshi the few million of yen he wanted? So it´s all settled now? Or did I misunderstand that now?

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: August 24, 2010, 09:09:27 AM
 I won't judge anything here. But I wonder about the amount of money 2billion yen which they sue JMA. How comes this amount of money?! How calculates ?! It's not sound reasonable.

Since Nexstar has got involved with this case, I think there's something behind the scene.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 25, 2010, 03:04:45 PM
Both Nexstar and Headwax were/are owned by Unlimited Group. (see Lee's blog on The Other East)
As per Lee's source Unlimited lost lots of money on X Japan ventures and this loss had a domino effect on both Nexstar and Headwax.

Maybe we should be looking into the current activities of Unlimited Group. It seems to me that this thing with Nexstar and Headwax is just a beard. 

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: August 25, 2010, 04:42:18 PM
Headwax under Unlimited doesn't make any sense to me. AFAIK, Headwax is just LEMONed, the company owned by hide, which changed its name few years later, on Hiroshi's control.

Offline Alice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:33 PM
There is news at jame if you are interesed: http://www.jame-world.com/uk/news-66956-x-japan-lawsuit.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:19:27 PM by Alice »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:27 PM
Here is an other link that sort of sums up what is going on. Nothing new really.
http://www.bravewords.com/news/145071

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: August 26, 2010, 06:48:02 AM
Unlimited Groups is just a notorious company. It's my ridiculous to see someone tried to write the article to judge something when he/she doesn't really get any close to inside the J-entertainment scene. (literally!)

If he/she blame that JMA caused effect of Domino to Unlimited Gr. How to explain about Glay with have the same problem with Nexstar ? I think Glay's still fought for their songs copyright in the lawsuit with Unlimited Gr.

The big mistake of JMA was dealing business with Nexstar, that the mysterious leaves for J-fans and me.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #113 on: August 26, 2010, 12:34:37 PM
The translation of HEADWAX's statement - http://facttraction.info/Content/New/HEADWAX-ORGANIZATION-Statement-Translation.html

The translation of JMA's answer - http://facttraction.info/Content/New/Japan-Music-Agency-KK-Statement-Translation.html

It's a long and complicated read but from what I understood it's basically a bunch of miscommunication. Plus, from what I read out, Nextar screwing up again.

This is my administrator color.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:19 PM
lol, quite funny, because of not including hide picture in new advertisement, headwax believe hide has been dismissed by X japan

Ex denxdenx

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: August 26, 2010, 05:22:49 PM
Yes, because JMA excluded Headwax of X JAPAN business, they simply ignored Headwax (at least IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. I'm not there to say if is true or not.).

When they ignore Headwax and stop using hide pictures on advertisement and concerts (personally, I like this way), they thought 'hide' was excluded from X JAPAN.

So, more drama about using dead people as "member" of a band. Is obvious that it would cause problems, because HIDE is not a member of X JAPAN anymore, but HEADWAX is/was.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: August 26, 2010, 08:06:18 PM
The translation of HEADWAX's statement - http://facttraction.info/Content/New/HEADWAX-ORGANIZATION-Statement-Translation.html

The translation of JMA's answer - http://facttraction.info/Content/New/Japan-Music-Agency-KK-Statement-Translation.html

It's a long and complicated read but from what I understood it's basically a bunch of miscommunication. Plus, from what I read out, Nextar screwing up again.

I have read the translations.
Only thing I have to say about that: What a mess!!!
And really, why such a detailed public statement from Headwax?
Why do we have to know all those stupid details from them? It is like I have been reading things written by a child . Poor hide and stupid music industry laws. Let him rest in peace!

I want to see X Japan performing! I don't need all that mess. X Japan needs sponsoring. Let them be sponsored.

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
  • We may be freaks....but at least we have FUN
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: August 27, 2010, 05:07:21 PM
I say we should let hide rest in peace. If Yoshiki wants to use an image or two of hide, that is perfectly fine! but sometimes he goes overboard. And HEADWAX is just being sickening right now...hide is not a tool for marketing. He is (was) a person....stop treating him like a strategy to get money! I think many other people will agree with me

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:01 PM
And really, why such a detailed public statement from Headwax?

They're right. They are showing ALL the facts behind their view to prove everybody that they are right. Anybody would do the same on this situation.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #119 on: August 30, 2010, 02:45:34 AM
I say we should let hide rest in peace. If Yoshiki wants to use an image or two of hide, that is perfectly fine! but sometimes he goes overboard. And HEADWAX is just being sickening right now...hide is not a tool for marketing. He is (was) a person....stop treating him like a strategy to get money! I think many other people will agree with me

My thoughts exactly!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?