• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

What Do You Do???

mC · 4384

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: August 15, 2010, 12:43:27 PM
With people of different ages, and from all over the world, I thought it would be quite fun to just do short posts each, explaining what you all do!

Well, I live in New Zealand, and am currently a full time student at Auckland University. I finished High School in '07, but took 2 years off to work full time and travel a bit. I finally got bored and so...at the start of this year I started my uni education and am loving it!...I also quit my job and am enjoying...just being a student :P

What about you guys?

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:44:36 PM
What are you studying?
I live in Belgium, students time for me was long time ago  :D, but I work for my students!
I work fulltime for a community (a district belonging to Brussels) , and I actually spent the money from the community very very shortly-said!!!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:27:15 PM
I'm a post-grad student doing a MA in 'Culture and Difference' :)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:28:50 AM
Been a long time since I graduated - 1980. Never stopped working from then till now. At present I do
freelance work for 3 companies as bookkeeper. And in between of married life, 2 kids, grandchildren and
charity/volunteer works, is attending concerts, hehe. I'll die without it. Just like I felt dead when I was
not able to go to Nissan Stadium on the 14th and 15th of this month year 2010. It would be another
9 years before I retire. By then I hope to see all the concerts of my favorite bands. There's a problem
though: it's either they are all extinct or too old to do lives :(

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 02:36:46 AM
I am an Admin Coordinator working for the Ontario Provincial Government. I am also a proud mom of 3 boys.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 05:02:07 AM
What are you studying?

I have just started studying a Bachelor of Commerce degree...I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it, but do enjoy business. One day I would like to own a busines that has...anything to do with music :D. Actually, I have often wondered how hard it would be to start up my own record label...only my ideas about a record label are vastly different from the big names in the business!
I am an Admin Coordinator working for the Ontario Provincial Government. I am also a proud mom of 3 boys.

...that sounds flash :P. What does the job envolve?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:58:17 AM
I live in Tartu, Estonia most of the time and go to the University of Tartu there, getting my bachelors in Government and Politics... The "dream" is to work in the foreign ministry or in an embassy. Right now I'm a parasite living off my parents, grandparents and great-grandparent (cheers guys!) and I probably won't get a job before I graduate (that'll be min 1,5 years). But who knows :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:12 AM
Right now I'm a parasite living off my parents, grandparents and great-grandparent (cheers guys!) and I probably won't get a job before I graduate (that'll be min 1,5 years). But who knows :)

I'm EXACTLY the same except for the grandparents and great-grandparent part :P

I'm also a full-time university student ( but currently on vacation, until September 9th :P). My major ( that tires me off BIG time :P) is Communication studies/ Journalism and my minor is Visual Arts.

My "dream" now is to work in the media wich is related to the Music Industry :)
But my "big dream" was always to become music composer for video games XD

I'm really boring and moody most of the time, but I always love having interesting conversations :)

Oh, and WE ARE X!

PARTY HARD

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:22:46 PM
I live in Slovenija, Ljubljana where i am atending university. my major is japanese and my dream is to eat a lot of icecreame everyday(well not really)

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:54 PM
I'm also a full-time university student ( but currently on vacation, until September 9th :P). My major ( that tires me off BIG time :P) is Communication studies/ Journalism and my minor is Visual Arts.

I am sure we've had a similar thread before as I recall someone from here studying "Communication and Journalism". I studied that for my undergraduate  :D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

pinku_

Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:02:55 AM
I think there was a thread that is similar to this --- but anyway.

On full-time, I work in an advertising and event management company, but I don't do those fancy-fancy stuff for it --- in fact, I just stay in the office like a good office girl and do normal office work (yes, its boring...)

At other times --- I model, I consider this work, even if I don't get much from it, honestly. I don't really plan to make it big in this area but there are just a lot of new photographers recently, so I help them make their portfolio while I add things in my art gallery. Speaking of art, painting and drawing are my hobbies.

A dream that is on the works right now is my band. Not working out as well as I want it to, but I am still pursuing this dream. A bigger dream would be to establish some kind of PS Co or something for women rockers in my country. It could just start as some recording studio, but yes... if I do well in my own band, this is going to be the project I will be working on. Women in the rock/metal fields in my country don't get a lot of chance, so what I want to do is have a place where talented young females could express themselves in music, the way they want to and help them get into the roads.  ;D

Speaking of dreams, these are just one of my fascinations and I happen to share dreams with one other X-Freak (Yu~Kun) here. We recently opened a DREAM JOURNAL, we update and also like dream interpretations. Leave your thoughts behind in our site, onegai... <3