• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Full Lolla Press Round-up

Beauty/Broken · 20071

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 01:14:30 PM
But not talking about how Loudness had a decent run in the states.

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 02:13:23 PM
Here's the ABC video for anyone else having problems with their site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh_oIE7a7EY

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 03:05:26 PM
I like that sentence from the CrawDaddy article as I think it sums up X rather nicely - even with the Sugizo being mistaken for a woman error ^^;;

The Phoenix Times interview with Yoshiki that Wakyan* linked to is pretty good too.  My personal favourite Yoshiki quote was the response to the question on how X's songs either rock hard or were emotionally charged ballads People have...like sometimes people are angry. Sometimes people are sad. So why can't we have different dimension in the music...Because I play the piano and drums, they're different instruments, but it's the same music. I mean, those instruments are just tools to express our feeling. Some people think it's kind of strange that we do heavy and...also I do rock and classical music which is the same music. For us it's not that different. Our show in Japan is usually three hours long. If we are playing three hours of heavy stuff, people will get really tired and then...we have a combination of those and that makes X Japan interesting. that's what got me into this band
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:29:16 PM by vash-chan »

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 04:06:42 PM
I like that sentence from the CrawDaddy article as I think it sums up X rather nicely - even with the Sugizo being mistaken for a woman error ^^;;

The Phoenix Times interview with Yoshiki that Wakyan* linked to is pretty good too.  My personal favourite Yoshiki quote was the response to the question on how X's songs either rock hard or were emotionally charged ballads People have...like sometimes people are angry. Sometimes people are sad. So why can't we have different dimension in the music...Because I play the piano and drums, they're different instruments, but it's the same music. I mean, those instruments are just tools to express our feeling. Some people think it's kind of strange that we do heavy and...also I do rock and classical music which is the same music. For us it's not that different. Our show in Japan is usually three hours long. If we are playing three hours of heavy stuff, people will get really tired and then...we have a combination of those and that makes X Japan interesting. that's what got me into this band

I completely agree, one of the reasons I love X is because of the range of songs from ballads to heavy metal. Can always find a song from X whatever mood I am feeling. I know some people prefer either the heavy stuff or the ballads but I do think it is a strength of X that they have such a variety. I dont know why some people think bands have to be one dimensional and only do one thing, its good to have a range! If people like one song and dont like another then fair play, no need to drag the band down just because you don't like some songs - just listen to what you like!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:49 PM
I've added the new articles, keeping an eye out for new ones that pop up - but I think I've got the majority of the Lolla' show reviews.

I'd say that 70% of the reviews I've read of the Sunday haven't mentioned X Japan or have reviewed Yeasayer instead.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:05 PM
^ I'm glad as many people went to see X at lolla as there were, I knew that the majority would be seeing Yeasayer. I saw Yeasayer in Seattle last month, and people were going fucking bananas for them.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 01:45:50 PM
The local morning station here D.C. 101 in Washington D.C. talked about X for an entire segment. I'll try to find a link to the audio when it becomes available. Mostly it was curiosity mixed with a little humor, but any exposure is good exposure! I believe that Elliot in the Morning is the #4 or 5 morning show in the D.C. area.

shane140

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 04:01:31 PM
From XRD.
"Juliya and a Fuse TV crew interviewed X JAPAN's Yoshiki this past Sunday, August 8 at Lollapalooza. The chat is part of the network's one-hour "Lollapalooza 2010" special that premieres tonight, Friday, August 13.

The details are as follows

Premiere: Friday, Aug. 13 @ 8p/7C

Repeats:

Friday, Aug. 13 @ 11p/10C
Saturday, Aug. 14 @ 11a/10C
Sunday, Aug. 15 @ 2p/1C
Monday, Aug. 16 @ 3a/2C
Wednesday, Aug. 18 @ 5p/4C"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=144495

X on Fox news TV
http://media2.foxnews.com/081210/081210_ent_xjapan_W700.wmv
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:03:16 PM by shane140 »