X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Guess X Japan's setlists for Lollapalooza and win their new album!

Sander · 8210

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
This is your chance to win the new X Japan album set to be released this year! See the rules below and take part:

1. The objective of this contest is to correctly guess the setlist of X Japan at today's performance at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago.
2. The prize of this contest is one free (original, not a bootleg) copy of the new X Japan album set to be released this year. The prize will be sent to the winner right after it is released. You cannot exchange the prize for money.
3. Each contestant has to post the setlist he/she thinks X Japan will play at Lollapalooza in the correct order in this thread.
4. Each contestant can only post one setlist. People caught cheating using multiple accounts will be disqualified. If there are two or more people using the same computer (and IP address), one of them must send me, Hypno, a Private Message or an e-mail, with the names of all contestants.
5. The deadline for the setlists is 3:55pm Chicago time (5 minutes before X Japan is going on stage;) - that is 9:55pm Central European Time.
6. You may edit your setlist until the deadline. Any edits to your post after the deadline will result in your disqualification!
7. You don't have to guess if a song is a longer or shorter version or if it is in English or Japanese, but you may.
8. If you have the setlist right, but the length/language of a song song is incorrectly noted, the setlist will be considered correct.
9. If two or more contestants have the same setlist posted, the one with the correct lengths/languages of the songs noted is the winner.
10. If two or more contestants have the exact same setlist posted, there will be a contest in the X Freaks Chatroom using the /roll feature (a virtual 'diceroll') as soon as possible. The winner will be the contestant with the highest roll.
11. If no one guesses the setlist correctly, the contestant who guesses the closest will be the winner. This will be decided by the X-Freaks forum staff and is non-negotiable.
12. X-Freaks forum staff will keep the right to change all the rules without prior notice. The change will be posted in this thread.

Note that this thread is only for posting setlists and asking specific, contest-related questions. For general Lollapalooza discussion visit this thread.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT 19.08.2010 - Results!

Hey all, sorry for the delay! Since guessing the setlist turned out to be more difficult than we first anticipated, I had to think for a while if I should give out the price at all. But when I looked more carefully at the posted setlists I figured that finding the winner is actually possible.

The system I used was following - first I checked how many 'right' songs (that were played at the show) and how many 'wrong' songs (that weren't played) a user posted, secondly I looked at the order in which the songs had been posted. And with that system, this was the final result:

First place and the winner: sora2252! Congratulations! Sora correctly guessed six songs out of seven (he didn't see the Tears SE coming :P ), plus he guessed correctly that there will be a new opening song (a big bonus!). The order of the songs was mostly off and he also guessed three songs wrongly, but the result was still a bit better than the next best. Again, congratulations!

Here are the guesses that immediately followed:
#2 - Elfex - also guessed six songs correctly and three incorrectly, but the order was a bit worse than sora's. But a good try nevertheless!
#3 & #4 - TG and rafaelo - both had identical setlists which had five songs guessed correctly, three incorrectly, but the order was spot on! (if you took out the incorrect songs)
#5 - roseofpain84 - guessed five songs correctly, but also five incorrectly, BUT the order was also spot on!

The other guesses were a bit more off, but they were good tries nevertheless! Thank you all for participating!

Here are some fun facts:
* Everyone mentioned the songs Rusty Nail, I.V., Jade and Kurenai, which were played but also Born to be Free and Endless Rain, which weren't played
* Only sora2252 and DopeHead guessed, that there will be a new intro
* Only ElefeX thought that Tears will be played, though not as SE
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:59:38 PM by Sander »

This is my administrator color.

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
1. New intro song instead of Amethyst
2. Rusty Nail (english)
3. Week End (english)
4. IV
5. Jade
6. Dahlia (japanese)
7. Born to be free
8. Silent Jealousy (japanese)
9. Endless Rain (japanese/english)
10. Kurenai (japanese/english)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:17:58 PM by DopeHead »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
1.Rusty Nail (english)
2.Week end (english)
3.Born to be Free (english)
4.Silent Jealousy (japanese)
5.I.V (english)
5.Kurenai (english/Japanese)
6.Jade (english)
7.Say Anything-acoustic (english/japanese)
8.Endless Rain (english)
9.Orgasm (english)
10.X (english)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:10:47 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
1. Open with Rusty Nail (English)
2. Jade
3. I.V.
4. Born to be Free
5. Dahlia (English)
6. Silent Jealousy (Mix of Jap/Eng)
7. Kurenai (Mix of Jap/Eng)
8. X (English)
9. Endless Rain (English)
10. Forever Love (Mix of Jap/Eng)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:34:45 PM by Feudal »

shane140

1.Rusty Nail (English)
2.Weekend (English)
3.Jade
4.Born to be free
5.Silent jealousy
6.I.V.
7.Kurenai (English)
8.X (English)
9.Endless Rain (Japanese/English)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Just reminding people that Toshi & Yoshiki have said that the chorus to Kurenai is still in Japanese, in this article infact.

http://www.jame-world.com/us/articles-65808-x-japan-nissan-stadium-and-lollapalooza-press-conference.html

So consider that when writing what language Toshi will sing it in.

Thanks for the email Hypno.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:22:07 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Rusty Nail
Weekend
Jade
I.V.
Kurenai
Born to be free
Endless Rain
X

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Rusty Nail
Week End
Yoshiki doing a long piano solo that leads into next song...
Born to Be Free
IV
Kurenai
X
Endless Rain

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

einxsof

01. Rusty Nail
02. I.V.
03. Jade
04. Born to be free
05. Endless Rain
06. Kurenai (english w/ japanese chorus)
07. X

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Rusty Nail
WEEK END
JADE
Born to be Free
Kurenai
I.V.
Endless Rain
X

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Rusty Nail
WEEK END
JADE
Born to be Free
Kurenai
I.V.
Endless Rain
X

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Rusty Nail (english version)
WEEK END
JADE
Piano Solo
Forever Love
Kurenai (violin intro) (some mix of both english and japanese version)
I.V.
X
Born To Be Free
Endless Rain

I'm prolly way off but this is fun so I had to participate....XDD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Cool idea. I really have no idea! But I guess..........

Rusty Nail
WEEK END
Born To be Free
Kurenai
JADE
Tears
I.V.
X
Endless Rain

Offline sora2252

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • twitter
New beginning song
Rusty Nail
I.V.
Born to be Free
Jade
Weekend
Endless Rain
Kurenai
X

Offline Crock.Extinction

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Amethyst
Rusty Nail
Weekend
Born to be free
I.V.
Jade
New song
Kurenai
Endless Rain

Everything's a fucking joke ...

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
And the contest is closed! Thanks for joining and good luck everyone! We'll announce the winner as soon as the concert is over and setlist confirmed!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Hey all, sorry for the delay! Since guessing the setlist turned out to be more difficult than we first anticipated, I had to think for a while if I should give out the price at all. But when I looked more carefully at the posted setlists I figured that finding the winner is actually possible.

The system I used was following - first I checked how many 'right' songs (that were played at the show) and how many 'wrong' songs (that weren't played) a user posted, secondly I looked at the order in which the songs had been posted. And with that system, this was the final result:

First place and the winner: sora2252! Congratulations! Sora correctly guessed six songs out of seven (he didn't see the Tears SE coming :P ), plus he guessed correctly that there will be a new opening song (a big bonus!). The order of the songs was mostly off and he also guessed three songs wrongly, but the result was still a bit better than the next best. Again, congratulations!

Here are the guesses that immediately followed:
#2 - Elfex - also guessed six songs correctly and three incorrectly, but the order was a bit worse than sora's. But a good try nevertheless!
#3 & #4 - TG and rafaelo - both had identical setlists which had five songs guessed correctly, three incorrectly, but the order was spot on! (if you took out the incorrect songs)
#5 - roseofpain84 - guessed five songs correctly, but also five incorrectly, BUT the order was also spot on!

The other guesses were a bit more off, but they were good tries nevertheless! Thank you all for participating!

Here are some fun facts:
* Everyone mentioned the songs Rusty Nail, I.V., Jade and Kurenai, which were played but also Born to be Free and Endless Rain, which weren't played
* Only sora2252 and DopeHead guessed, that there will be a new intro
* Only ElefeX thought that Tears will be played, though not as SE