• View Profile
Reply #180 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:48 PM
thanks for the extra threads and the nice descriptions :D
good job on that one!!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: August 19, 2010, 12:59:14 AM
Thank you Hypno for putting al the new threads together. I was just looking at all of them and realized that by choosing to play in smaller venues they actually get to play in some of the most beautifull ones in North America.
I always felt that a very theatrical setting would work great for X's music. :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: August 19, 2010, 04:51:10 PM
Thanks Hypno for adding the images etc on the seperate threads - it is good to see what the venues look like (even although I won’t actually be there! :( lol)

Thank you Hypno for putting al the new threads together. I was just looking at all of them and realized that by choosing to play in smaller venues they actually get to play in some of the most beautifull ones in North America.
I always felt that a very theatrical setting would work great for X's music. :)

I echo this! The venues actually remind me of the setting for the Jade PV. I think the theatrical setting will work really well and even although they will not have the same large arena (Tokyo Dome setup etc) we are used to seeing, it will be good to see them in a smaller environment.

Its better to have a packed out small venue than an almost empty large venue!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: August 19, 2010, 07:38:16 PM
Those theaters are really beautiful!
It is better for the people who are going that they play in this small venues. At least you can look them performing on the scene without to have to look on those big screens! Even in Japan Expo we couldn't see enough and had to look to screens!
I hope in Europe it will be such theaters too, but mayby there are already too many fans in Europe, we'll have to look at screens I suppose.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:49 PM
i'm quite sure that euro show will be in equal locations.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: August 19, 2010, 08:51:07 PM
the small venue reminds me a bit of their awesome Blue Blood tour show @ Shibuya Koukaidou :) have that one on VHS (gotta upgrade!) and it gives off such a great live vibe.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: August 20, 2010, 10:11:43 AM
small venues always have an air of intimacy. its nice to be "so" close to the band.

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #187 on: August 20, 2010, 01:01:25 PM
I got ticket for Chicago but It didn't show anything for select the seat.I don't know, never been any concert in US before.

after 17 years's wait.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:07:22 PM by bahbah »

CharonCaori

Reply #188 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:22 AM
I got ticket for Chicago but It didn't show anything for select the seat.I don't know, never been any concert in US before.

after 17 years's wait.
If the website didn't have a seat selection, it's probably first-come first-serve. That means that if you get in line first, you get to sit closer. This can be good or bad depending on how well the staff handles the line.

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #189 on: August 21, 2010, 08:34:41 AM

after 17 years's wait.
If the website didn't have a seat selection, it's probably first-come first-serve. That means that if you get in line first, you get to sit closer. This can be good or bad depending on how well the staff handles the line.

Thank you very much , I 'll drive from Ohio so I should prepare myself.

CharonCaori

Reply #190 on: August 21, 2010, 08:44:29 AM
I looked up the theater in Chicago, and it looks like it might not even have seating on the floor in front of the stage. That's a really long drive, so be sure to get some rest. I hope everything goes well. =D

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #191 on: August 21, 2010, 09:19:42 AM
I looked up the theater in Chicago, and it looks like it might not even have seating on the floor in front of the stage. That's a really long drive, so be sure to get some rest. I hope everything goes well. =D

Thank you,My husband'll drive for me and go with me even thought he isn't their fan,I had ovary's surgery3 months ago.I hope that I can do X jump^_^
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:45:25 AM by bahbah »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: August 21, 2010, 02:45:09 PM
Thank you,My husband'll drive for me and go with me even thought he isn't their fan,I had ovary's surgery3 months ago.I hope that I can do X jump^_^
Ouch bahbah, those hurt! If everything went well with the surgery you should be OK resuming normal activity by that time. I wish you speedy recovery!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:41:32 PM by Hypno »

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #193 on: August 21, 2010, 11:33:46 PM
Ouch bahbah, those hurt! If everything went well with the surgery you should be OK resuming normal activity by that time. I wish you speedy recovery!

thanka you

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: August 22, 2010, 12:33:20 AM
What are your ticket sales predictions for the shows? Will any of them sell out? Will all of them sell out? None of them? I'm curious. I notice that for the Toronto show at least, lots of tickets seem to be still available.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:03 AM
I think if any show sells out, it will be the NY show, given that it's a) in the largest city and b) that it's the only concert really reachable from the east coast (with the exception of maybe Chicago).

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: August 22, 2010, 01:02:53 AM
Well it is still only August and lots of people will probably leave buying tickets to the last minute because of the hisory of cancelled shows. I think most of the venues will be sold out about two weeks before the concerts.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Chio

• View Profile
Reply #197 on: August 23, 2010, 06:22:11 AM
Bahbah, you're going to Chicago, right? In the Riviera there's a special area on the main floor, maybe you can see if your condition applies?

Check the SEATING section
http://www.jamusa.com/riviera/riviera-faq.html

It wouldn't hurt to ask. General Areas can get cramped and rowdy. I wish you the best and good health. :)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:59 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/x-japan-confirms-north-american-tour-details-2056994.html

Word of the tour has made it into The Independant here in the UK. For those who don't know of the paper, it's one of the largest in circulation nationwide. This is a big deal.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: August 23, 2010, 12:12:34 PM
Wow! It is a BIG deal.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: August 23, 2010, 12:15:45 PM
They got some stuff wrong though. Typical British journalists, 5 seconds of research and they think they've got an article.

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:23 PM
They got some stuff wrong though. Typical British journalists, 5 seconds of research and they think they've got an article.
What is really shame, that big mistakes like this happens everywhere.. and I dont talk just about music.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:49 PM
lol at disbanding in 2007, woot for 1 year hiatus  lol

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: August 23, 2010, 05:25:22 PM
Good news on being on the independent, even if I dont read it and dont plan to. Bad news on getting the info wrong.. I guess asking a newspaper to try and get information correct about a band they know nothing of is a bit too much to ask for :P

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
Reply #204 on: August 24, 2010, 09:28:28 AM
Bahbah, you're going to Chicago, right? In the Riviera there's a special area on the main floor, maybe you can see if your condition applies?

Check the SEATING section
http://www.jamusa.com/riviera/riviera-faq.html

It wouldn't hurt to ask. General Areas can get cramped and rowdy. I wish you the best and good health. :)

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #205 on: August 24, 2010, 02:53:34 PM
The X Japan Official MySpace posted a new blogpost - http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1001161271&blogId=538519611

It's basically just the North American tour dates (with some information on the tickets and contact details), plus the fact that they have signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, a promotion agency working with a lot of famous artists like The Eagles, Whitney Houston, Slash, Paris Hilton, Pet Shop Boys, Lady Gaga, Godsmack, Jay-Z, J Lo and so on (for full lists visit http://www.wmeentertainment.com).

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #206 on: August 26, 2010, 11:13:51 AM
Sorry for the doublepost, it's an old thing really, but I only remembered to post it now. On August 11th, Wes Borland tweeted:

@richardfortus I wish @YoshikiOfficial wanted us to play with X Japan so we could hang out again.

Now it might be just a random thing, but maybe it was a hint ;) (remember all the tickets that said 'X Japan and guests'? :P )

This is my administrator color.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: August 26, 2010, 12:20:57 PM
Sorry for the doublepost, it's an old thing really, but I only remembered to post it now. On August 11th, Wes Borland tweeted:

@richardfortus I wish @YoshikiOfficial wanted us to play with X Japan so we could hang out again.

Now it might be just a random thing, but maybe it was a hint ;) (remember all the tickets that said 'X Japan and guests'? :P )

Guests usually refer to bands who are opening for them. So maybe Black Light Burns are going to be an opener? Or something? I dunno.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: August 26, 2010, 01:37:22 PM
Richard will not play with X on their upcoming northamerica tour as a guest cause he's with Guns in europe. Don't know about Wes and Limp Bizkit.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:55:04 PM by Matthias »

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: August 26, 2010, 04:05:36 PM
Richard will not play with X on their upcoming northamerica tour was a guest cause he's with Guns in europe. Don't know about Wes and Limp bizkit.

Eh? Well, I think i'm okay without Wes, those guests back in the 2008 shows just didn't feel right to me. I just want to see X themselves perform exactly as they do in Japan.

>~X~<