• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan North American Tour

Sander · 78927

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:24 PM
and the cool thing is... you have actually chances to see something even if you are in the back...

is it seated?

Good question.

Shows like this in America are usually standing, but I remember that Hide had very strong views regarding standing concerts and thought that they should all be seated after some of his fans were injured in a crush at a concert. He implemented it into his solo tours and also pressed for the same in X Japan.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:29 PM
Well hide is not pushing much now really...

I think they'll make it standing, as they don't have that many rabid fangirls as in Japan. THOUGH most of the venues are theatres, so it shouldn't be too hard to have seated shows. But the tickets for New York both say Standing and it's general admission so... I'd put my money on standing...

This is my administrator color.

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #62 on: August 16, 2010, 05:40:22 PM
and the cool thing is... you have actually chances to see something even if you are in the back...

is it seated?

Good question.

Shows like this in America are usually standing, but I remember that Hide had very strong views regarding standing concerts and thought that they should all be seated after some of his fans were injured in a crush at a concert. He implemented it into his solo tours and also pressed for the same in X Japan.

I just answered my question, on the ticketmaster page it says FLOOR STANDING ROOM and MEZZANINE STANDING ROOM

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:34 PM
Awesome :)

I think 2500 tickets per venue is a very, very sensible target to go for.

I don't think any of the venues will actually sell out, but I think there will be a good audience for each show (even with relatively no marketing or promotion).

I disagree, I think that the NY show will sell out a full month before the show. It's basically the only show on the East Coast so every X fan is going to be scrambling for those tickets (like myself in D.C.)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 16, 2010, 05:52:31 PM
Well hide is not pushing much now really...

It doesn't mean that his wishes haven't been respected. It's been a decision by the band to perform all-seated concerts in Japan post-reunion, if you can have part standing in a stadium like Wembley you can also have part-standing at Tokyo Dome, Ajinomoto and the Nissan Stadium, there aren't laws against it. The only show which springs to mind on the contrary is the Countdown Live, and even then it was only partially standing.

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #65 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:23 PM
Roseland?

O.o
I been there before,....ALOT OF TIMES.
Ok then...anyways, I'll be camping out in NYC.
WHO'S WITH ME? :D

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #66 on: August 16, 2010, 06:26:55 PM
On the same weekend as X's concert in NY is NY Comic-con and NY anime-fest XDXDXD

NICE ONE YOSHIKI!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 16, 2010, 06:31:12 PM
LA is up now

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 16, 2010, 06:33:39 PM
Roseland?

O.o

I'll be there at 8am on Sunday.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 16, 2010, 06:54:42 PM
THe NYC one fucks me over, unless I change the dates for the tickets. You see, we're going there for the vamps concert, and leave the 10th. Will they give too much trouble ot change it to the 11th (the plane tickets?)

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 16, 2010, 07:01:10 PM
THe NYC one fucks me over, unless I change the dates for the tickets. You see, we're going there for the vamps concert, and leave the 10th. Will they give too much trouble ot change it to the 11th (the plane tickets?)

You could do this pretty easily for a small fee I believe, just get in contact with the airline.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 16, 2010, 07:21:06 PM
Ticket sales for Toronto start on Wednesday @ 10 am!!!!!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 16, 2010, 07:28:36 PM
BTW, Who is coming to the Toronto show?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Rin

Reply #73 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:49 PM
I have a question about the Oakland show if anyone can help me out.
Presales on ticketmaster always have some sort of code that you get off of the band's website or myspace.
Does anyone know where that code will be posted for X?

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 16, 2010, 08:14:39 PM
ill be at the toronto show bright and early

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: August 16, 2010, 08:24:58 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Been dreaming about this for over 15 fuckin years and gues what ???? I'll be away on my honeymoon the week they are playing NY and Toronto... WHAT WERE THE FREAKIN ODDS ????? f........ck

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: August 16, 2010, 08:25:44 PM
I don't really want to sound too negative. But, do you think they are able to do so many concerts??!!!
It's not more than 2 months until the first concert will take place.
Think about those postponed concets in Paris, Bangkok, Korea..... I wish you all fans in the USA & Canada have fun and luck!  Cheers!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 16, 2010, 08:36:06 PM
well i wont be fully excited until im in line waiting to get into the venue, until then anything can happen **fingers crossed**

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: August 16, 2010, 08:40:03 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................

Been dreaming about this for over 15 fuckin years and gues what ???? I'll be away on my honeymoon the week they are playing NY and Toronto... WHAT WERE THE FREAKIN ODDS ????? f........ck

Just reschedule your honeymoon to a later date ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: August 16, 2010, 08:44:09 PM

haha.. I wish... we'll be over in Mexico for 2 weeks and we're coming back to Montreal on the 10... man... not even married yet and already testing me like that.. sheesh...

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:30 PM

haha.. I wish... we'll be over in Mexico for 2 weeks and we're coming back to Montreal on the 10... man... not even married yet and already testing me like that.. sheesh...

Congrats and all the best to you and your future spouse!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 09:04:56 PM
To be fair, it's a pretty small tour by any bands standards. For X Japan, however, this is probably the most testing tour since the Violence in Jealousy tour. The Dahlia tour had few dates and was filled with postponements due to Yoshiki's neck injury.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #82 on: August 16, 2010, 09:13:19 PM
I have a question about the Oakland show if anyone can help me out.
Presales on ticketmaster always have some sort of code that you get off of the band's website or myspace.
Does anyone know where that code will be posted for X?
It says APE Presale and there is a link to Another Planet Enterntainment webpage, so I presume you'll get it if you are a member there or get the promotion code from there... They are the "sole promoter" for the Fox Theatre, but the X Japan show isn't up on their webpage yet.

EDIT: The event is up on the Fox Theatre webpage and the password is flora!

With X? The odds are quite big. Their first Paris date was during my University entrance exams. I chose X... Luckily I got to do one exam on the day my plane left (had to hurry, finished first and ran to the bus station but I got a nice score) and another one I could re-schedule :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:15:41 PM by Hypno »

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:02 PM

If you've been there a lot, any recommendations for accommodation?? :) and hopefully I'll be there bright and early!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 09:35:10 PM
All ticket sales have started, except for Oakland, CA (pre-sale starts on August 19th (password is flora) and general sale on 22nd) and Toronto, Canada (sale starts on August 18th).

Check the first post for prices and ticket links!

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 09:41:23 PM

Unlucky! During those 15 years I bet you thought it would never happen! Let alone when you are on your honeymoon!

Congratulations on your wedding! Hopefully the concerts will go well and they will tour again!

Good luck everyone trying to get tickets, flights, accomodation sorted! Can't wait to hear the reports! Glad they are going for smallish venues!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 10:06:51 PM
Finally their first USA tour!
Wish everyone great luck with tickets and great time at concerts!
That will be many reports to read for us hopely :D
Very excited, even if I don't go  ;D
I'll wait for Europe.
I am glad it are little theaters where they are gonna play in USA, you will see them very good then.
For Europe: at Japan Expo already more then 8000 people were in the showcase! I will save money to have good places!!!
Go!Go!Go! for your tickets and planes all the American and Canadees people!

Palma, can't you change the date for the honeymoon? Your husband will understand it, or make X concert part from your honeymoon. Anyway congratulations for you and your husband!!!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:45 PM
MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE COMPLETE!!! I'll be on the pc like a rabid beast refreshing Ticketmaster the morning of Wed. 18th!!! FOR ALL OF US GOING TO TORONTO SHOW WE NEED TO DO AN X MEET UP! I'm putting money they will be staying at the Royal York (knowing Yoshiki's good tastes) lets go find him/them!!!!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: August 16, 2010, 10:30:52 PM
Ann1958,
  Astralmind will be going on her honeymoon not me. Even though hubby and I kind of skiped that one. :D
Feudal,
YES we do need an X MEET UP!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:24 PM
MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE COMPLETE!!! I'll be on the pc like a rabid beast refreshing Ticketmaster the morning of Wed. 18th!!! FOR ALL OF US GOING TO TORONTO SHOW WE NEED TO DO AN X MEET UP! I'm putting money they will be staying at the Royal York (knowing Yoshiki's good tastes) lets go find him/them!!!!
Well since they have a concert in Chicago the day before the Toronto live, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd take an overnight bus (as Yoshiki's private jet might be a bit expensive). But after the concert, why not....

Btw, should I open a thread for each concert - for meet ups and, later, setlists and such...?