• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Fever X Japan - the panchiko

Sander · 27646

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:09 PM
LOL Now you can do a shout on fever X Japan. It's funny  ;D
But I don't understand how to do is, I can't understand the Japanese.
Can anyone help? I understand that you can do it with Twitter but I don't know how.

http://legend-x.jp/shout/

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 08:33:42 PM
I don't think we have anything to worry about with the new PVs, I think that these are just leaked samples that were intended for the use of the panchinko site. They probably just gave them some unfinished bits and pieces of the videos for advertisement purposes. Just my thoughts.

But in terms of the Kurenai pv that doesn't explain to me why they went straight from the Violin/piano opening straight into the main part of the song. Have they cut out the original guitar opening, which was one of the most memerable/iconic moments of the song? (it would be like a new version of stairway to heaven having the opening guitar segment cut out), and have they cut out Toshi's opening verse? "I couldn't look back" ect. also a memorable part of the song.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:13:57 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 08:41:59 PM
LOL Now you can do a shout on fever X Japan. It's funny  ;D
But I don't understand how to do is, I can't understand the Japanese.
Can anyone help? I understand that you can do it with Twitter but I don't know how.

http://legend-x.jp/shout/

I guess you just write "#x_shout http://legend-x.jp/shout/" in your twitter to promote them.

I tried :) http://twitter.com/InTheWakeOfEden

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 11:27:35 PM
I see! It worked. Thanks Andi!

Ulquiorra: it are just little pieces...Not the PV's! Of course, Kurenai will have 'I couldn't look back' etc...it would not be Kurenai anymore without that...I am sure of that, it is not possible otherwise!!! It are just little pieces for that fever thing site I think.
Wait, have patience till we see the whole PV's, although patience is very difficult  :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:04 PM
Hmm, I am wondering if Fever X Japan is more than just the game machine? I am rather confused as to why they would be the first to get official clips of X Japan videos?

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:51 PM
I thought a pachinko machine is somewhat like a slot machine (used for gambling) - so where does the music and video part fit in ? Or is it completely different than what I think ?

Yes, it is.   A pachinko parlour produces a cacophony of sound so how the music part ties in over all that noise I have no idea.  And, the video aspect...it's got me!

We are X!!!!!

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 03:58:31 AM
The Jade video seems pretty cool, it's obviously not final seeing how badly out of sync it is and the drums are clearly a machine. I do hope the final mix has louder guitars in it.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 17, 2010, 09:09:43 AM
There are 3 different versions now from that Kurenai on youtube: all little pieces,nothing full[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNLW1BoY3M&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxq18eY4YOs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lflZqoyMzRA&feature=channel[/youtube]

It is really beautiful.
I love those mix of Japanese with Western styles.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:13:18 AM by Ann1958 »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #38 on: July 17, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Oh nice!!
and I like version 1 best, definitely. :)

and version 3 is here ->

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 17, 2010, 09:39:54 AM
It is difficult to make a choice.
All versions have a thing that I prefer.

In one I like when the girl is stopped by that man with the sword when she enters the house.
In another I prefer when Yoshiki catches the 'firepile'
And in the last I prefer when the girl is surrounded by all those men.

So, a mix of the 3?  ;D

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #40 on: July 17, 2010, 09:45:45 AM
I don't really get what happens in Kurenai... The bad guys just shoot some arrows and burn the house. They surround that chick but then flee and leave her alive. Oh my fucking god it's Yoshiki let's run guys?! :) But I like the visuals very much :) Well I don't think it's gonna be cut like that in the actual pv anyways....

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 17, 2010, 10:24:00 AM
Oh my fucking god it's Yoshiki let's run guys?!

Like that vision of you  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 07:59:50 PM
@Tanabata - Thanks !

shane140

Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 08:55:16 PM
here's an advert for the panchiko

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 11:32:18 PM
wow.. hide isn't printed on the yokohoma concert poster which you can see at the end of the advert.

though I really like hide and his work I'm VERY happy that X went on without giving hide this exaggerated credit like they did before!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:49 PM
wow.. hide isn't printed on the yokohoma concert poster which you can see at the end of the advert.

though I really like hide and his work I'm VERY happy that X went on without giving hide this exaggerated credit like they did before!

Amen.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 03:53:33 PM
Saw the ad on Japanese TV the other night.  I'm checking all the pachinko parlours as I pass them but I'm yet to see anything.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Deep_Red88

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 04:39:21 PM

Amen.

I second that!

shane140

Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 06:19:02 PM
  A new ad for the pachinko, at approx 2 mins, it sounds like the new version of Rusty Nail?

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:43 PM
  A new ad for the pachinko, at approx 2 mins, it sounds like the new version of Rusty Nail?

I think you're right.

From what I'm hearing it has a new lead synth for the introduction, and has *gasp* MIDI drums :/

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 06:56:36 PM
It sounds a lot like Yoshiki has got piano running throught the riffs, what the hell!?!

Or is it just that the background synth sounds in the original are far too loud in this version? I can slightly hear the dun-dun-duns' in the original but they're far too loud here, sounds suspiciously like piano, and if Yoshiki is now putting piano throughout the riffs of the rock songs, he's truly lost it, they have no place in rock songs except for the bridge sections and in extremely rare instances (Rose of Pain solo).

As for the guitar, I think it sounds very slightly heavier, it sounds good, but hopefully its not because Toshi is now singing it in a lower key or anything dumb like that.

Also that werewolf transformation looks horrible, and Yoshiki's giant face looking at that girl makes me laugh everytime, terrible.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:46:21 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36:53 PM
I'm not annoyed at Yoshiki's current production ethos, I'm upset.

See, I'm a musician and a producer and I love orchestral music. As much as I love X Japan's songs, a real draw for me towards Yoshiki's music on the whole was his unwavering commitment to his art. He never cut corners in production, ever. His drums always sounded crisp and well mixed, his piano was always recorded to perfection and he never slacked on attention to detail regarding orchestral sections in that he would always have real string musicians record parts for him. In an age when synthesisers were all the rage and the majority of bands cut corners on production costs by using cheap and cheesy string synth swells as opposed to real orchestral musicians Yoshiki would always be an exception, and he'd do it in style - by working with musicians such as the London Philharmonic Orchestra for Art of Life and Eternal Melody.

Even when Yoshiki had a low recording budget, such as when recording Blue Blood, he still elected to put money into his art and have real orchestrated sections.

Now it’s 2010, Yoshiki owns his own studio and is sitting on a fortune from a successful music career and record label business venture.

It bemuses me as to why he refuses to record his own drums and piano now, and uses rubbish sounding, non realistic synths which sound both amateur and tacky. Is it because Yoshiki is too lazy to even record his own parts now? Is he deluded enough to think it sounds superior stylistically? Or is that he simply doesn’t care anymore, and has lost his interest in actually producing something which sounds good but instead just wants to release some shitty half-arsed, minimum effort job onto the world which the devoted many will blindly part with their cash to purchase in order to fuel his superficial Hollywood lifestyle for another 10 years.

In this day and age with software such as East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum and The Vienna Samples library available it is now possible to re-create almost flawless orchestral sections without having to use real musicians (many film composers use them), so he could go ahead and use these synths and few would realise that he is actually doing so. But instead he chooses to use awful cheap sounding string patches, which could probably be bettered by free-ware which is kicking around on the internet. Even worse still, with a violinist on-board in Sugizo he could very easily have him play a violin part multiple times and build up a perfect sounding violin section in the studio relatively quickly, but again he chooses not to.

I’m still hoping that all of the stuff we have heard are just production demos, I really am. If Yoshiki releases X Japan’s new album in the state of the stuff we have heard so far, I’m seriously considering refusing to either buy or listen to it, simply for want of preserving my current views and opinions on X Japan’s music and existing back catalogue.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
You can't just assume that Yoshiki's neck was healed enough to play at the time of recording these songs, more than likely his doctor told him he wasn't ready yet and he would damage his neck again, and his hands if he played drums for the album, its not just the amount of songs that require drums but also how many times he'd have to play them, and specific sections of each song over and over again.

Wait, are you telling me the violin in the new Kurenai was a midi sample, and he didn't ask Sugizo? Now I don't know what to think.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:45:56 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 08:01:14 PM
Common, Beauty and Ulquiorra, what are you saying now????  :D
This is just for that pachinko thing of course!!!
Could you ever imagine a musician like Yoshiki releasing such stuff for cd????
Don't forget he is a perfectionist!!! That will not change, the cd is already posponed!!! It will just be a very good cd with Sugizo on violin and so further, not this stuff what you hear here!!!
That video had really weird things in it that makes me laugh  :D Lol, the werewolf!!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
Could you ever imagine a musician like Yoshiki releasing such stuff for cd????
Don't forget he is a perfectionist!!! That will not change, the cd is already posponed!!! It will just be a very good cd with Sugizo on violin and so further, not this stuff what you hear here!!!
That video had really weird things in it that makes me laugh  :D Lol, the werewolf!!!

I hope you're right. I honestly do, but then again, he has released Violet UK stuff such as ROSA with synth drums and piano, so it's possible.

You can't just assume that Yoshiki's neck was healed enough to play at the time of recording these songs, more than likely his doctor told him he wasn't ready yet and he would damage his neck again, and his hands if he played drums for the album, its not just the amount of songs that require drums but also how many times he'd have to play them, and specific sections of each song over and over again.

Wait, are you telling me the violin in the new Kurenai was a midi sample, and he didn't ask Sugizo? Now I don't know what to think.

He played real drums for hours during the video shootings and has played piano on numerous occasions recently during small performances with Toshi. He can play just fine, I don't think it's a realistic excuse.

As far as my ear can make out, I'd say no. None of the string swells from the new album I have heard (such as the start of JADE and Born to be free) have been real strings, instead they're synth patches, and bad ones at that.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 08:23:52 PM

So the preview of Jade we heard at LA months ago, and the preview of Jade we heard even months before that were all leading up to this pachinko?

shane140

Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:35 PM
I really hope they don't use midi drums but I've got a feeling they will. :(

Also, new pics of the PV's are up on the Pachinko website, just click the CM Gallery tab. :)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:08 PM
For the piano, it is sure that he can play it!!! And very beautiful!!! Saw it in Paris! Very very beuatiful!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:58 PM
I really hope they don't use midi drums but I've got a feeling they will. :(

Also, new pics of the PV's are up on the Pachinko website, just click the CM Gallery tab. :)

You can also hear an uncluttered sample of JADE in the Discography section.

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:45 PM
Okay, apart from the horrible mix in the YT vid and that I dont care for those machines at all, Im not really into the whole "Yoshiki's X Japan" theme that seems to be going on in the new PV's... other than that, I actually hope they use the new intro for Rusty Nail (with a normal mix and real drums)

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN