• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Foundation Party ~ 01.07.10

mC · 22376

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: June 30, 2010, 11:32:04 PM
UPDATE:

Thought we should have a thread solely for discussing the event, taking place soon!  ;D

As for what's in store:

• All members will be in attendance
  • An acoustic set with Yoshiki (piano), Toshi (vocals) and Sugizo (violin) will be performed
  • A new lineup of Yoshikitty merchandise will be revealed
  • J Rock Revolution has reported that there will be a showing of a new X Japan Game ... (should we be concerned?)
  • After the event, filming for X Japan's new PV will be held ... (I don't think it has been announced, but we could assume that it will be the filming of 'Born To Be Free')
  • A fashion show will also be shown, another collaboration between h.Naoto and Yoshiki
  • Other guests, such as Stan Lee and Toei Animation will be present, showcasing upcoming releases

...I'm excited... :D

SOURCES:
http://blogs.myspace.com/mxyo
http://lnx.xradicaldreamers.net/xboards/index.php?
http://jrockrevolution.com/index.php/news/jrock-news/1559-updates-on-yoshiki-foundation-party.html

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:04:32 PM by mC »

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:31:10 AM
There was actually a X Japan game for the Sega Saturn. Apparently quite atrocious..

An X Japan board game where you try to go on world tour but with chance cards reading things like "Your drummer's spinal injuries are exhibiting. He needs 6 months for recovery" would be quite neat, though!

Also, if the PV filming is for a new song, does that mean that we'll possibly get a glimpse of the audio? :)

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:49:58 AM
There was actually a X Japan game for the Sega Saturn. Apparently quite atrocious..

well as a game it was not good... as fan it can be interesting... it consists out of pictures where you can kind of zoom in. you have to collect items (like a drink for hide), there are some films of people and at some point toshi "takes" you to the stage to take pictures... the nice thing about it is that you can see pictures from backstage at tokyodome and some nice films.... but its nothing you have to have...

maybe the new game is a version of rockband or whatever those music games are called...

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

shane140

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:23:10 PM
http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php/w...h-yoshiki-.html

Interview with Yoshiki.

What is the highlight of the event?
Yoshiki: We are going to perform something completely unexpected, for the first time.

What do you want to accomplish with this first party?
Yoshiki: I want to expose people in America to Japanese culture. I also want to raise as much money as possible for kids in need.

There are many Japanese sponsors involved such as Sanrio, h.Naoto, pachinko, animation and games, which are very prominent in Japanese sub-pop-culture. What was your concept behind having all of these Japanese companies involved at the first America party?
Yoshiki: I wanted to bring Japan over to America, so I picked companies that would be good examples of Japanese culture.

Can you tell us anything about the video shoot that is scheduled to take place after the party?
Yoshiki: We are shooting the music video in 3D.

Please provide us with a message to the fans that are attending.
Yoshiki: I love you all and appreciate your lasting support.

3D? Sounds interesting!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:27 PM
I hope that the game is something along the lines of DJ Max.

3D music video....AWESOME!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:35 PM
Would prefer a game like 'Brütal Legend' :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:35 PM
http://tweetphoto.com/30089892

From the Xwonderland forums, its a pic of the stage, since Pata & Heath are there this must be the stage for the pv recording, the piano being there makes me fear that Born to be Free is a ballad.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 08:15:10 PM
again.. hides guitar XD

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 08:23:13 PM
Not sure at all about 3D. It seems everything these days has to be in 3D and we all must worship how fantastic it is just because it is 3D. I can’t say I have seen a 3D movie yet (and I include the highly over-rated Avatar in that) that has impressed me. Who knows, maybe this will be good but it just seems like a marketing gimmick. I don't know how it will work either, fine if it uses glasses then they can add (at probably an inflated cost) to the dvd package like other films have done in the past, but the music video won't work on general release on the TV or on Youtube as most people will not have the glasses (so no further exposure for the band). Unless they film in both 3D and normal, then I guess it could be used as a special edition thing on the DVD. I guess time will tell.

Anyway (sorry about that wee rant, bad day at work!) its about 12pm in LA now so that’s 8 hours till the party kicks off and 11 hours until PV shoot! So hopefully within 24 hours we should (if nice people upload to good old youtube etc) be able to hear a bit of Born to be Free or at the very least we should have an idea of what it is!

http://tweetphoto.com/30089892

From the Xwonderland forums, its a pic of the stage, since Pata & Heath are there this must be the stage for the pv recording, the piano being there makes me fear that Born to be Free is a ballad.

Thanks, for posting. The drums and piano are very close together, so thinking there could be a bit of movement between the two!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:48 PM
Perhaps it's a rock song that has a piano part in it, like Weekend.

As for the 3D, I think it could turn out cool, but I do agree that 3D is the "in" thing at the moment and am constantly wondering why all these movies are being released in 3D. For me, it's not the next step in entertainment, just a cool gimmick that could be used every now and then. (And I also think the reason Avatar was so successful was because it was one of the first 3D movies that looked good....I found the movie too long and the story kind of boring!!!)

Offline xxgrplayer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • xxgrplayer's blog
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
I hope the PV will be for "Born to be free" in order to have the opportunity to listen it!

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 12:26:28 AM

Interview with Yoshiki.

Yoshiki: We are going to perform something completely unexpected, for the first time.

What could it be?

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 01:01:02 AM

Interview with Yoshiki.

What could it be?

It's gotta be 'Born To Be free'. It's the only song we know is new which we haven't heard, and as it's having a music video shot for it, as 'Born to be free' was to have, it's the logical conclusion.

The fact they are shooting this video in 3D as opposed to HD which the other videos have been shot in indicates that they're giving this song special treatment, and it's likely going to be the lead single for the new album.

However, Yoshiki said there will be '4 or 5' new songs on the album. If you count I.V. as a new song and suppose that 'Without You', 'Jade' and 'Born to be free' make up the other contingent - it's possible that we're all going to be shocked and we will hear something 'totally unexpected' after all :P

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:02:55 AM
Not quite sure when this photo was taken, it seems to be from yesterday, but here is a photo of X Japan playing at the Nokia Theater:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=130877187&albumID=2795191&imageID=48583166

SOURCE: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=130877187&blogId=536591845

If that photo is part of filming for their new PV...I would love to see how they could pull off a ballad with fire and girls in cages...

(The blog also has some pictures taken by h.Naoto...didn't realize he was so young!)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:14:33 AM
That pic does make me feel slightly more optomistic, someone out there upload the song please! XD.

Its 1:36 AM over here, I'd rather stay up to catch a video of Born to Be Free if one emerges, but I guess I have to get some sleep, I just hope if a video does emerge it doesn't get taken down/removed before tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:41:35 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 02:26:24 AM
"Born to Be Free" with girls in cages? :D h.Naoto seems like quite a fan too, haha. Hope there'll be some kind of leak in the morning!

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:57:58 AM
its 7 pm..n im in line...my group got here like around 5 so only 30 minutes to go :)

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 03:58:56 AM
reminding everyone im on my mobile so icant edit a single post. 3 minutes till they let us in...theres some slight commotion between the securitys...so hopefully they let us in on time...

"what?! an x japan event starting on time? are pigs gonna fly?" :)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:07 AM
YAY!!! Thank you so much Snapback!!!

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Mobile....audio recording....hehehe  ;D

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:08 AM
in typical x fashion...they still havent let us in..... .and its almost 9 -_-

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 04:50:32 AM
finally letting us in! mc, if you want you can update your first post with m updates for easier and faster reading :)

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 05:29:18 AM
mc is told that its not yo she ki but ratyer yosh-ki....first vid is pv of  i.v just shot above kodak followed by ad of x japan in various shots then the screen says this fall: x japan

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 06:23:46 AM
For those who haven't seen it yet, there is a live broadcast on Yoshikis Ustream
http://www.ustream.tv/yoshiki#utm_campaign=www.ustream.tv&utm_source=371873&utm_medium=social
But by now there have only been a few minutes broadcastet with yoshiki on stage.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 06:44:15 AM
h naoto fashion show just ended..which was pretty zzzz lasted abbout 15 minutes or so...seemed like a long time....and now they lowered the cages that are on each side of the stage.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 07:07:06 AM
acoustic song they played was iv...its errie..and now for music vid shooting of born to be free :)

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 07:14:38 AM
on the side of the stage there are 2 screens showing some parts of the rusty nail pv.... only scene that stands out is toshi stuck in traffic in his car and exy hath pulls up  next to him in a motocycle n revs it.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 07:19:36 AM
Thanks so much for keeping us all up to date, snapback! You rule.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 08:35:18 AM
ok the song is a rock song. straight up wow .....they really impressed me..although it follows the iv/jade formula.. but its awesome....reminds me alot of american rock. i recorded 2 shoots and i have tons of pics...we were pretty close to the stage so when i get the chance ill upload. only warning i wasjumpin alot so bear with me :)

but the song...wow...its like the did a 180 degrees away from i.v. and jade. Im a guy but they all looked mad sexy. i can admit that lol

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 08:37:46 AM
^ THANK YOU SNAPBACK!!! Ha, this is great news, I am so jealous that you got to be there!!!

You better do a full report once its over!!!! :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 09:17:52 AM
ok the song is a rock song. straight up wow .....they really impressed me..although it follows the iv/jade formula.. but its awesome....reminds me alot of american rock. i recorded 2 shoots and i have tons of pics...we were pretty close to the stage so when i get the chance ill upload. only warning i wasjumpin alot so bear with me :)

but the song...wow...its like the did a 180 degrees away from i.v. and jade. Im a guy but they all looked mad sexy. i can admit that lol

Thanks for the info spanback, but I'm a bit confused at your post, you said it follows the same formula as iv and jade, but then you said the song did a complete 180 degrees away from it. So is it a rock song with barely any sad moments in the song like Weekend for example? or is it like jade and iv where its almost a ballad, very emotional, but with guitar added in?