Standing Sex

Kihl · 9907

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 11:08:02 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"

Oh yeah? Then why did Taiji have a cocaine problem?

I have also heard about this and I would like to know if there's any truth in this. Maybe a new topic should be made in the appropriate forum instead of going off-topic here?

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 11:21:32 PM

Source?  With scans, preferably?  Because the last time you came up with a Taiji rumor (in the "Yoshiki the Confrontationalist" thread), the scans of the source you identified did not even mention Taiji's name whatsoever.

And I've never, once, seen anyone give a source for the cocaine rumor.  Until someone does, I'm assuming that someone, somewhere, made shit up.

I'm not saying there's no way anyone ever did drugs, by the way.  Rock'n'roll is rock'n'roll and stuff wouldn't surprise me at all.  But you don't publicly call someone a cokehead and state it as fact without a DAMN good source.

@Millie, as far as the off-topicness of this conversation, PN already derailed the thread into off-topic land the minute she flipped out over my comment about drug references in lyrics.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
@Millie, as far as the off-topicness of this conversation, PN already derailed the thread into off-topic land the minute she flipped out over my comment about drug references in lyrics.

But ti was a while ago :3 so if the discussino is getting revived, I suggest a topic change is necessary.
However, if noone can present proof, I don't think further discussion is necessary.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 11:31:18 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
But ti was a while ago :3 so if the discussino is getting revived, I suggest a topic change is necessary.
However, if noone can present proof, I don't think further discussion is necessary.

Alright, fair enough about the topic part.  And I'll be curious to see if any proof appears... I haven't read every interview ever and it's entirely possible I've missed something.  But whenever I hear the Taiji coke thing and ask for the source, so far I've always gotten "my friend told me" or something. :P

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 11:38:35 PM

Source?  With scans, preferably?  Because the last time you came up with a Taiji rumor (in the "Yoshiki the Confrontationalist" thread), the scans of the source you identified did not even mention Taiji's name whatsoever.

And I've never, once, seen anyone give a source for the cocaine rumor.  Until someone does, I'm assuming that someone, somewhere, made shit up.

I'm not saying there's no way anyone ever did drugs, by the way.  Rock'n'roll is rock'n'roll and stuff wouldn't surprise me at all.  But you don't publicly call someone a cokehead and state it as fact without a DAMN good source.

I'm quite sure Taiji mentioned it himself in the untranslated part of Sei to Shi (that's where the person heard it from said it was) or in an interview. I'd like to find the source myself, but I'm quite sure Taiji himself was the person quoted.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 11:45:18 PM
I'm quite sure Taiji mentioned it himself in the untranslated part of Sei to Shi (that's where the person heard it from said it was) or in an interview. I'd like to find the source myself, but I'm quite sure Taiji himself was the person quoted.

If you're just "quite sure" and don't have any source, then why do you come here stating it like it's a fact?

Mod color o' mine

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 11:46:44 PM

I have X no Sei to Shi, have read most of the untranslated part and lightly skimmed the rest, and have so far found nothing about cocaine.  Heavy drinking, but not cocaine.

Maybe "the person you heard it from" could give me a page number?  Or at least a chapter title?  Or if they claim it's NOT in X no Sei to Shi, then exactly what interview was it in?

Until you can provide that, then I'm sorry, this is an unsubstantiated "my friend told me" rumor, and a particularly nasty one to run around stating as a proven fact. :roll:

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 12:08:20 AM

I have X no Sei to Shi, have read most of the untranslated part and lightly skimmed the rest, and have so far found nothing about cocaine.  Heavy drinking, but not cocaine.

Maybe "the person you heard it from" could give me a page number?  Or at least a chapter title?  Or if they claim it's NOT in X no Sei to Shi, then exactly what interview was it in?

Until you can provide that, then I'm sorry, this is an unsubstantiated "my friend told me" rumor, and a particularly nasty one to run around stating as a proven fact. :roll:

My apologies for it then. I've been looking for the interview in Google myself, since I'm sure I saw it at some point but. . .

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 07:12:15 AM
Man.. I love the solo part on this song.

:P

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 05:20:27 PM
The riff is just like a trance to me, whenever it plays I twist my head round and round and round and violently nod twice to the beat of the drums!