• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

YOSHIKI and TOSHI at Japan Expo

Sander · 37090

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 13, 2010, 12:14:03 PM
From the press conference. *facepalm commencing*

"Some time ago, launched ART OF LIFE. Do you have plans to create other symphonic works like this?
YOSHIKI: Yes, (he pauses and laughs), that was how long ago? "15 years?
Tosh: Yes, indeed.
YOSHIKI: Actually, we finished the recordings of Jade, a song that is quite complex. It's not like ART OF LIFE, is not as long, but is complicated and we prefer to concentrate on it."

LOL, either we've secretly only been getting the small alpha beta version of Jade this whole time, or we're not talking about the same song here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:15:53 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Forever Fades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: July 14, 2010, 02:45:12 AM
There's nothing utterly complicated about Art of Life really, especially when you bring someone from outside the band to write the arrangements.

Not that it's not an amazing song!

shane140

Reply #122 on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:59 AM
http://www.jame-world.com/fr/articles-65716-interview-avec-yoshiki-et-toshi.html

A new interview with Yoshiki and Toshi, since it's so long, I won't post it all.But it's very interesting especially this quote by Yoshiki- the new album will include "Old songs we never played"

I wonder just how old he means. I hope it's songs from the X days but I think he probably means Dahlia.

Also Sugizo is on all of the album and no hide at all.So yay.They're finally moving on.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #123 on: July 19, 2010, 12:18:32 PM
Aah! It's in French! I hope it'll be translated soon :-)

This is my administrator color.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: July 19, 2010, 02:35:02 PM
A new interview with Yoshiki and Toshi, since it's so long, I won't post it all.But it's very interesting especially this quote by Yoshiki- the new album will include "Old songs we never played"

I not that good at english, does this mean songs we never hear before or just songs there were on albums but never played live? (just noticed it isn't a song but songs :) )

shane140

Reply #125 on: July 19, 2010, 02:53:55 PM

I not that good at english, does this mean songs we never hear before or just songs there were on albums but never played live? (just noticed it isn't a song but songs :) )
Not too sure about that,could be either. Yoshiki didn't say. :)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: July 19, 2010, 05:05:16 PM
I will translate it in the evening. Give me a little time.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:06 PM
i have a full translate done tomorrow. it is pretty big interview it takes some time.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: July 19, 2010, 06:30:06 PM
Part one translation: (the other part in the later evening) it is long interview. My English sucks, but hope you understand it  ;D

Hi, Yoshiki and ToshI, glad to meet you.
Y & T: (in French): Hi, how are you?
Thanks, good and you?
Y & T: (in French): Good.

You have just played for the public from Japan Expo, what are your first impressions of this live and his spectators?
Y: (in French): I am glad to be here. We are realy touched by the welcome from our French fans and the public, especially after all the problems we have got with X Japan. I even cried. We had a good time, it was a very special concert.
T: It was really exciting.

Which are your next projects, your next ‘outputs’ for X Japan?
Y: We have recorded 90% from our new album. Normally we had planned to finish the album before Japan Expo, but we return to record and mix the last parts of it this month…Finally I hope, I really hope (laughs), that the album can be released in September.

What can you tell us about this album?
Y: This album is a mix from 50% old songs and 50¨% new compositions…It will have old songs we never played, and new songs such as Born To be Free, which we recorded in public a few days before.

Did you find already a title for this album?
Y: We have yet not decided the title, but I think it as an excellent album!

You have recorded videos for this album in Los Angeles, have you planned to record other clips for this album?
Y: yes, finally, I would like do it…Why not? (laughs) Maybe we could record in France.
T: We love France, and Paris…
Y: Mayby we could return here to record the French version of Endless Rain.
T: It was really hard to sing it in French…

You did that very good!
T: No, no no…

Yes, you sang very good in French.
Y: He has been working very hard for that!
T: It is my professor (laughs)
Y: No, that is not true (laughs)

Les us speak now about your concerts in Yokohama, Nissan Stadium in August. It will be the greatest concert you have ever done, do you take it for a challenge?

Y: Effectively, it is a challenge for us, even more because we have some problems with our management. But in Japan, we have decided to organize this concert.

You have decide it by yourself?
Y: Yes, the band decided to play there. The management didn’t agree… We also decided by ourself to come at Japan Expo…

Where you happy to come 3 years ago? You are happy to come, and you want really to come back in France isn’t it?

Y: Yes, that is right. I really want to excuse one more for having annulated 3 times our concert in France. We really wanted come back to France and we hope to come very soon with the whole band.

We have seen many interviews, many videos, in which you talked about your neck and hand problems. Are these problems the cause of the annulations?

Y: To be honest, despite my re-education program, I consulted a doctor to know if it was possible to do concerts past year for the concerts in France and he said it was possible. We were ready to come to France, but our management annulated the concert. But we really want to come as soon as possible, because we are ready,

Are you surprised by the European public? Are you surprised by your success here?
Y: Yes, I am always surprised and happy by the welcome from the public here. I think we have very special fans. Despite of all what happened, our fans continue to love and support us…I don’t know how describe this thing, this feeling, but we surely are the luckiest band in the world for having such fabulous fans.

Maybe this has not much to see, but which are for you the differences between European public and Japanese public?
Y: This is a very interested question (laughs).
T: It is really a difficult question…
Y: Hmmm, I think it is just about listening to the music (hesitation)…Really I don’t know (laughs).

Do you thing it is just about feeling?
Y: Yes, I think it is simply about that.

And for you ToshI, was it your first time? What did you think about the public?

T: Yes, it was the first time I came here and met Europeans fans…It was fantastic!
This has really touched me, and I really want to come back very soon for a real concert.
Y: Was it really the first time you came here, in Paris, even in the real life?
T: Yes, yes.
Y: Come on, you never came here to drink French wine?
T: No, no (laughs).
Y: But it is the wine that you prefer (laughs)/
Yes? You really love French wine? Which, Bourgogne? Bordeaux?
T: (hesitant) I don’t know. Simply French wines (laughs).

We talked a few minutes ago about your health problems Yoshiki. How are you now?

Y: I will have to return to hospital in the coming years for my neck. About my hand, I can move my fingers, but I have not anymore the feeling in 2 of my fingers (shows the movement of fingers on the piano), but the nerves are good and the fingers can move. The damage is final (for always), but it is not real that bad. I feel really good. It is rock’n’roll! (laughs)

What do you think about the actual state of Japanese music in the world? From its progression compared to when you debuted?

Y: That is a very interesting question. When we first began to play in Japan, rock was not really popular. Now, everybody listen to rock music. It is really interesting, so many people listen to Japanese music now.

Do you think the band is now more free than in his beginnings?

Y: Yes, I think. It is not only a question of looks, having long hair, blond, or even orange and red, but we are simply more free now than in the past yes.

Did you think in the beginning, when you were still X, that you would become so famous?

Y: I will do you a confidence, I didn’t think it, no one of us thought that the band would once become so big.

You didn’t think that once you would be superstars?

Y: Anyway, we have always worked to become like that. (laughs) We are not superstars, we are just rock stars! (Laughs)

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #129 on: July 19, 2010, 07:01:55 PM
Thanks Ann!

They really need new management :/

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 19, 2010, 07:55:02 PM
Thanks Ann!

They really need new management :/

Their problem is that their "Management commitee" is a constant power struggle given that each member is represented via their manager or management agency in meetings, therefore decisions are always painstaking to make given that each manager or management agency is trying to get the best possible outcome for their respective client.

The issues are then complicated even more because X Japan transferred control over their World Tour to Irving Asoff and his management agency, and it was their decision to cancel all of the concerts in 2009, including the Bercy live.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: July 19, 2010, 08:07:11 PM
Part two in mu sucking english  ;D

What is your feeling  now, 2 years after, about the reformation? What is your feeling about this new X Japan?

Y: I have a particular feeling about it. Indeed, we have disbanded more than ten years ago, and when we had first begin to discuss with ToshI about this reformation, we had not talked to each other since years. When we reunited, we were still quite ‘closed’. To me, X Japan is not only about the music, to us, it is not only a question of drummer, it is about all our differences who are mixed within X Japan. It is the sound from Sugizo, from Pata, from Heath, from hide of course, it is about all our influences who are mixed and who forms X Japan…

Two years ago you said that the reformation of X Japan was a mission to you. Do you still think like that now?

Y: Yes it is a sort of mission. I had not really the confidence in that time. But then, when I talked again to ToshI at the moment of the reformation, and we told each other to go for it, I had again the confidence. And despite of our problems, the management, ToshI’s situation, I have really the feeling that no one can stop us.

You had not composed together since many years? Did you had ideas for compositons that you wanted to perform together at the time of the reformation of X Japan?

Y: When more than 10 years ago, we separated, I had no ideas anymore about which songs could be done for X Japan. But now, I have a feeling of creations, ideas of which song is good for this new X Japan, and I think we did very good songs for our return.

Tell me about X Japan’s new member, Sugizo, is he a full (really)  member of X Japan?

Y: Yes, Sugizo is our 6th member, because hide is still there, with us…Sugizo recorded the whole album with us, and he is a complete (‘whole’) member of X Japan.

Are you planning to re-use the hide hologram again in your future concert?

Y: I have thought about it, yes. (visibly very affected). I think it was a good idea, but it is really hard… I have not good feeling about that…The hologram was too realistic, it seemed so real, it was really very hard to perform with it…

Y, do you still work on Violet UK? Are you planning to release an album from this solo project?

Y: Yes, I consider about it. But I would like to finish the album from X Japan, we have so many things to do! Release our album, start our World Tour, do the concerts, we really plan to come here…

When? Is it a wish or is it already under discussion?

Y: I have talked to the American management, it is sure that it is planned for the next year, but we really are careful this time. Last year, in October, we were really ready for the show, even me, but the management annulated it. This time we really want to be sure. It is underway, but when all will be ‘corfimated’ (sure) for 100 %, we will tell you (laughs). It will not be in a Japan Expo or another convention, it will be a real concert date, with a real concert (show).

And what about another project you started 2 years ago: Skin?

Y: (laughs) I already have a lot of work with X Japan, mayby Violet UK, so Skin will be after all that, and I don’t think it will be for soon (laughs).

ToshI, do you practise your voice to be able as easily as that to change tonalities, change from screaming singing in a very sweet voice?

T: Not particularly, I don’t practice very much…
Y: I think ToshI is born with receiving a gift from God (divine gift). His voice is a gift from  heaven. He doesn’t need to practice for months to be able to do what he does…He simply does it, it is almost natural for him. He comes, he sings, it is simple. It is almost magic…
T: (very moved) Thank you very much, but I practice my voice still a little bit (laughs).

Have you planned in the future to perform old X songs?

Y & T: Of course!
Y: Yes of course, we love all our old songs, Kurenai, Endless Rain, Silent jealousy and of course we will perform them in our future lives. It will be a mix from old and new songs.

And your oldest songs will not be forgotten then?

Y: Of course, no! They are like our children, we cannot forget them as that.

Have you planned to re-record them?

Y: Yes, of course, we have worked on them. We changed for example the lyrics (the words literally), we translated them from Japanese into English, sometimes just a little part of them. For example, for Kurenai, we have recorded the song in English, but we changed the chorus in Japanese. Even if we have kept parts in Japanese, we have voluntary translate lyrics in English for our album.

Because sometimes it is difficult to translate the songs?

Y: Yes, indeed, that is one of the reasons, it is a good point that you say there. (Yes, I know my English SUCKS…very much). There are words who simply are impossible to translate…And also, our fans sings our songs in japanese and love the Japanese pronunciation, we can not change everything.

T, did you planned to resume your solo career?

T: Yes. Why not? (laughs)

Do you have specific ideas, projects to come?

T: Of course yes! I would love be part of Skin. I really appreciate the music of the band! (laughs). Why not as a drummer (laughs).
Y: of on trumpet?
T: Yes on trumpet!
Y: Yes, you have to know Toshi really plays the ‘Euphonium’.
T: Yes! (laughs)
Y: Yes, when we were young, we were in the same chorus. In our next concert, ToshI does not sing, and I will not play the piano, we will play the trumpet and the euphonium (laughs). It is only an idea, but I thing it is a good idea (laughs).

It will be a very special live?

Y & T: Yes, it will be (laughs).

You have used samples from hide in IV. Are there other samples, and if so, are you planning to use them in the future?

Y: We have done that for IV but it is a very difficult thing to do. We have to find which to select, place it at the good moment in the song…When we have recorded IV, it was our moment of reunion, it was essential for us to have hide in that song. We are thinking about it to do it in the future, really, to include riffs from hide in our future compositions, but is is really difficult to do…

Do you have a last message for you French public?

Y: (in French): I love you!
T: (in French): I love you!

Thank you very much!

Y & T: (in French): Thank you very much.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: July 19, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
Thank you very much for the translation, Ann, this is indeed a very interesting interview :)

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: July 19, 2010, 11:39:10 PM
Heehee, that was very interesting and cute....<3
Thanks for translating it...^^
I wonder if the album will actually be released in September...~
(wait, did they mention the september of WHICH year they meant?)

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 09:16:34 AM
thanks a lot Anna! :)

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 09:53:04 AM
thanks for translating. i see my translate is not neccesery anymore.

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:41 AM
Thanks a lot for all the translation. They gave more information about their works in this interview!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 03:47:12 PM
Ann,

Thank you!  A great interview.

And, your English does not suck!  You should see my Japanese...

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 04:44:40 PM
Found a new youtube from Japan Expo, somebody who was very close to the scene: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQNN2Aes10&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 04:46:30 PM
(Well my daughters are always laughing with my English, so I don't think it is very good or correct  :D, but as long as we understand each other on the forums in English, that is the most important!!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 08:08:14 PM
(Well my daughters are always laughing with my English, so I don't think it is very good or correct  :D, but as long as we understand each other on the forums in English, that is the most important!!!

Honestly Ann, your English is fine - you make more sense and write with more accuracy than a lot of native speakers that I know :)

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: July 20, 2010, 11:28:06 PM
Thank you Ann, it is a long interview and you translated it very well! As others have said your english is fine, I always understand what you say and you express yourself very well!

Interested in what they mean by "It will have old songs we never played" - do they mean completely new "old" songs that we have never heard before? Or do they mean english versions of old songs (as I guess they could count as old songs never played that way). I really hope it is some stuff we have not heard before!!!

I dont know if they will finish it in time for September! Hopefully it is, but I think it could get put back again.

shane140

Reply #142 on: July 21, 2010, 03:21:50 AM
Thanks for the translation Ann! And thanks for posting that video, great quality. Toshi's voice is excellent.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: December 24, 2010, 02:42:59 PM
I just discovered this, this has not been posted already.
English interview and filmed and BTW: ToshI speaks very well English like you can notice !!!

http://www.manga-world.fr/articles/item/1825-yoshiki-toshi-l’interview-détendue

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: December 24, 2010, 03:08:09 PM
Thanks for that link.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #145 on: December 24, 2010, 03:10:52 PM
Thanks Ann!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: December 25, 2010, 02:25:41 PM
I find it strange that we only see this interview now, and it is on Japan Expo website, saying they began conquering US past fall and now will conquer soon Europe.
So that makes that I am quite sure that soon we will knowwhen they come to Europe.
What I find strange is that it is on Japan expo sud website: there will be Japan Expo sud from 25 tot 27 February in Marseille ... Does this mean X will come in that period to Europe? And do an interview in Japan Expo while they do their Europe tour?? (Like they did in US)

February is already spring for the Japanese people.
I become totally mad from not knowing and guessing .... ;D

Above that interview there is a brief resume from X's history and then there is written this:

'Dix ans plus tard, pourtant, le groupe annonce sa reformation. Après trois concerts événement au Tokyo Dome, X Japan incorpore désormais Sugizo, membre de Luna Sea, à la place de hide, et s’apprête à conquérir le monde ! Une conquête qui s’est commencée aux USA cet automne et débarquera bientôt en Europe… comme vous l’expliquent en vidéo YOSHIKI et ToshI.'

'Ten years later the band announces his reformation. After 3 concerts in Tokyo Dome, Sugizo, member from Luna Sea, become member from X Japan (not literate translation ), and X Japan is prepared to conquer the world! The conquering has begin this fall in the USA and will soon begin in Europe ... as Yoshiki and ToshI tell you in this video.'
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 02:34:56 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: December 25, 2010, 02:48:43 PM
Sugizo on X should teach Yoshiki how to reunite a legendary band.
Massive truck of awesome.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: December 25, 2010, 03:16:17 PM

Seconded. If this was a competition it would be X Japan 0 - Luna Sea 6006.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #149 on: December 25, 2010, 06:15:39 PM

Seconded. If this was a competition it would be X Japan 0 - Luna Sea 6006.

sad but true! hopefully yoshiki woke up after seeing luna sea's aktivities.