Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #240 on: February 15, 2019, 10:05:32 AM
#metoo

He could use the XXX song for the next album. The second one in 2X years.

It seems like he just focuses on one album and does not expect to produce a new X Japan album afterwards.... Or am I wrong?

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: February 15, 2019, 11:10:27 AM
If the album is done and electro formatted, then he can't insert another song on it unless he has everything cut and pressed, again.  Right? I think it's lame, too.  And the new XXX song won't "go" with the older material, anyway.  Lame, lame, lame!

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #242 on: February 15, 2019, 11:19:29 AM
Agreeeeed! Lameeeeeeeee!

And yes... Yoshiki doesn't seem to be planning any further releases after "the new album" anyway. Maybe the only thing that will follow is X Japans retirement.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: February 15, 2019, 12:14:00 PM
Maybe the only thing that will follow is X Japans retirement.

:-X

positively unsure。

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: February 16, 2019, 02:41:22 AM
There is a zero percent chance there will be another X Japan album. We will bw lucky to get this one

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: February 18, 2019, 08:44:44 PM
There is a zero percent chance there will be another X Japan album. We will bw lucky to get this one
True, I would actually be surprised if they'd ever tour overseas again.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:57 AM
I had an interesting train of thought recently that I wanted to share. (oh yes, Feudal is sharing something that ISN'T Yoshiki hate, hell must be freezing over!)

Yoshiki often seems to subtly make references to waiting for a "right" time to release the album and it's made me think about their first attempt back in the early 90s through to today and how Yoshiki may be waiting for something that will never come.

In 1992, Yoshiki and "X" held a press conference in NYC announcing not only Heath as bass but their switch from Sony to Atlantic Records; a promising sign for the band....or too late? What happened in the USA less than 1 year before this press conference?

Nirvana's Nevermind.

Kurt Cobain, in less than a year, issued a death sentence to hair metal in the West and what exactly did X Japan look like in the early 90s? Worst. Timing. Ever. Any deal was dead before it even started.

I'm a huge Nirvana fan so it's interesting to think about this as I hold both of these bands in such a high regard. Let's fast forward a bit to today, what's the music landscape like right now on the radio? Drake, Cardi B, Post Malone, Ariana Grande. Where's the rock? Rock is no longer mainstream. Fine, music doesn't have to be mainstream to be good....but tell that to Yoshiki. I truly think he's waiting for some catalyst in the USA for him to light on fire with his new album....it may never come. It goes back to my thoughts about a true artist not caring about what others think. No revolutionary band in history, whether it's The Beatles to Nirvana, cared about appealing to what WAS popular. THEY defined what was to become popular.

Yoshiki needs to decide this for himself and accept that X Japan will either remain a legacy band OR blaze new territory and possibly die trying. The rest is history. On a side note about Nirvana, I would love to ask Yoshiki or see him being asked in an interview what his thoughts are on the band and also Kurt Cobain. He must have some opinion on such a prolific artist who was at his peak when they were trying to enter the US market. In all of the interviews I've read/watched, he's talked about a lot of bands and artists but never once Nirvana. I wonder why? Could there be a bad taste left in his mouth that still lives on today?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:42:22 AM by Feudal »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: February 27, 2019, 04:31:21 AM
This is a very interesting topic. I don't know the first thing about Western band history but I remember that X Japan podcast guys talked about Nirvana briefly, in Jealousy episode IIRC.

You are right. I've never heard or read about Yoshiki talking about Nirvana - both in English and Japanese media.

Well, when fans talk about Yoshiki, they often say that Yoshiki is trapped in the past - his father's suicide, hide's death, X Japan's disbandment and so on...

But I pay more attention to what he has never talked about. e.g. AOL album's not releasing in the West or failure in releasing DAHLIA album English version. I've read and watched a lot of his interviews in Japanese. He promoted Art of Life album in Japanese variety shows and magazines. Even in an interview done in 1993, he said AOL album would be released in Europe, and said he and his management company were considering about American market at that time. But it was not released in the West. Since then, he's never talked about the topic.

As a psuedo psychiatrist, I believe his real trauma is the failure in entering the American music industry. His father's death, hide's death... they will still hurt him. But he's spoken openly about it thousand times. If you can say something publicly, you have overcome it somewhat. I think so.
​​

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: February 27, 2019, 09:36:58 AM
(oh yes, Feudal is sharing something that ISN'T Yoshiki hate, hell must be freezing over!)

HIGH FIVE MAN!   8)

That was actually a really interesting theory. I think it's plausible, but for some reason I can't help but think it's a little far-fetched. Grunge and speed metal are a bit like oil and water, they just don't mix. Sure thing, Cobain was like a flash of lighning that came in through the front door and left nothing standing in his wake. And like you pointed out so well, the Cobain craze ended up pushing glam/hair rock to the background in terms of mainstream interest. I still think they're two very different things, though. Why hasn't Yoshiki ever mentioned Cobain? Same reason why he doesn't mention Rhianna or Jay Z or whatever. He mostly comments on acts that were somehow associated with the hair/glam metal movement, i.e. David Bowie, Kiss, Manson, etc. or classic performers. And then he poses with random people on Instagram for PR purposes.

I'd love to know what he thinks of the grunge movement, tho. And it's interesting that you like it, because most metal fans I know despise Nirvana with a passion. Personally, I don't have a solid opinion about their music. I find Cobain quite fascinating, but he died to young to have accomplished anything groundbreaking. I often feel that way about artists that passed before they could reach maturity, Hide included. 

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: February 27, 2019, 10:10:06 AM

I'd love to know what he thinks of the grunge movement, tho. And it's interesting that you like it, because most metal fans I know despise Nirvana with a passion.

Really? Why? I think Nirvana is ok. I had many posters of them in my room while living at my parents. Today I don't listen to them anymore 'cause... well... I know all their music ;D

But I started to learn the electric guitar with Nirvana and RATM, because their riffs are very easy to learn. ^^ So they always have a special placve in my heart :P
Oh I just remember, I bought the score book of the unplugged concert just a few month ago.

positively unsure。

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: February 27, 2019, 06:08:31 PM
But Skrillex is not metal, afaik ;D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: October 22, 2019, 02:19:11 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but Hyde used Botox a lot lately.

Hey nb,  :P

How do you know this? I see no evidence of botox on his face at all.  He looks older, aging, has wrinkles.  Sometimes they don't show up because of so much makeup but they are there and face shape is identical to younger days.   Poof please!  :P :D

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #252 on: May 21, 2020, 10:34:53 PM
Yoshiki is teasing us with the term "new album" and the word "soon" again: https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1263470925271437312?s=19

He must be joking, right?

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: May 21, 2020, 10:47:17 PM
Maybe he's talking about the remastered Dahlia since it has the hashtag in it?

Or he is just an a... a mean person. again.

positively unsure。

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:01 AM
Another year, another ass-talking post of false hope from Yoshiki. What's next, he'll use the pandemic as an excuse for the album delay? It hurts to think he's been promising this for a decade. A decade. It hurts more to know that I obviously still care enough to be annoyed by it.

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: May 22, 2020, 01:56:30 AM
if only dahlia why he mention "album' ,this man trully has glib tongue

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: May 22, 2020, 12:24:24 PM
Omg... Yoshiki always likes to joke and, anyway, what can we expect from a man who said he put and egg in the microwave? (incidentally I want to say that if it is true I like him even more ;D)

It's been a long time since Yoshiki couldn’t cope with his pains; the band's aesthetics was founded on feelings of loss and redemption; possibly - after the film - Yoshiki seemed to be getting better. But the band/Yoshiki's artistic 'character' remained the same, he/they dind't found/tried other ways to go ahead without canceling the past and now it's difficult to attract the public without something really new, if not with some attempted blast...

Yet I really think the band has already achieved their goal with the World Tour, I really think it. But the tour was very based on the reference to the inspiration still emanating from hide’s memory. Then they should try to go ahead creating something based on the experience of the past to express their current feelings. And then something got stuck…

And now I ask myself what kind of obstacle prevented the band to go further?

I won’t  even try to consider money/contracts affairs, I'm not a genius in these kind of things ::) and, besides, all we know are often just rumors.

I think that both Yoshiki's self-centered character and other members' disinterest in becoming famous abroad put the band's artistic evolution to the stake (in the sense that they didn't released new albums).

From the artistic point of view Yoshiki said many times that hide and Taiji had strong ambitions to make it abroad; and those forces aren't here to push the band in this direction any more. He said every time they tried to expand abroad everything fell apart at that time, perhaps because of english language's knowledge, or problems with comparison with western singers and who knows what.

Obviously the choice to nurture so strong emotional connections with people failing to keep repeated promises is really disappointing. I've been preserved from being completely discouraged because I met the band recently and never tried to attend subsequently canceled lives..., I perfectly comprehend historical fans' disappointment feelings.

I think Yoshiki started to remember Taiji so often because he knew his huge contribution to the band's initial success and the push he gave to succeed beyond the borders of Japan; plus, even if they always fought, they had been friends; but I don't think he really misses him like he misses hide.

hide played a multifactorial and multidimensional role in the band. We don’t always know every member's real contribution to every single note, but under the musical point of view obviously hide played a really great part. Yoshiki himself said he always listened to hide's point of view on every song.

Besides, hide supported and channeled Yoshiki's destructive energies, especially in p.r. relationships.
Now obviously all these aids are missing, but Yoshiki has always been intelligent and even from the very time when hide was alive has tried to develop in himself those qualities he saw in his friend who managed to magnetized them and that could be useful and stimulating for band's life and music.

Yet, after hide's depature, this was not enough to go further by themselves, something still missed.
Imho I think that hide was magnetinsing something more than musical and p.r. development. He represented some kind of innovative force that could go beyond limits converting Yoshiki's egoic self-destructive artistic feelings into a creativity based on group and interrelation. Somehow Yoshiki - master & commander of the band - could feel that his force could be not only voted to death and destruction, perhaps he felt less 'dangerous', and could see an opening in his possible pessimistic feeling of individual perception, which reverberated on band's creative environment.

The fact that hide was known as the ‘mom’ of the band could stimulate our most childish instincts as girl fans with a little tacky tastes, but his multitasking talent going from music to look to poetry tells us that this must really mean something more.
'I don't see our band as something that begins and ends. That notion is irrelevant' stated hide at 1997 X Japan last live.

X Japan created a new way of being which opened the doors to a complete creative freedom and I think hide expressed and catalyzed those emotions into a feeling of belonging to something common while maintaining their own  specificity; a total freedom, without loneliness. Unfortunately hide was not a stable person; alcohol abuse, bulimic episodes and some bandmates’ talks tell us he was somehow upset, and his imprudent behavior did the rest.

The fact that alcohol had a great part in hide’s death must have been a great problem for Yoshiki, who probably accompanied hide in the first drunkenness. The friend - who had always given a chance to Yoshiki’s crazy reckless creativity of being a not too dangerous outburst - had died because of the abuse grown together… By the time Yoshiki recovered from this, luckily his talent and creativity got the better on dark mood.

But imho the feeling of belonging to something common in all bandmates wasn’t so strong any more because it was not magnetized and grown by hide’s presence, and this, under a creative point of view, didn’t support the band with the needed fuel.

There is something that Yoshiki said not a long time ago when he was a guest on a famous radio show after being abroad for one and a half year promoting the film, something that made me think; he told that he would like to ask people who think of X Japan only as a band that hasn’t released an album in 20 years something like “Do you know what kind of band this is?”; which means to me ‘Do you know what we had and what we really lost?’ (but it could be just a forcing…, I don’t know...)

Anyway guys, it’s been a while… and I’m glad I wrote something after so much time; we are in the middle of a pandemic and I wish you all the best, hope you are going on with your lives being prudent but without too much fear, I wish you to continue to be proud and crazy (like Toshi invited fans to be in early 90s lives) and fight with the same passion about our beloved X Japan 😉

Your scars are beautiful

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:53 PM
how are Yoshiki's relationships with the other band members? That alone could give some insight if this "news" has a bit of truth to it. Obviously he won't release a new album if Toshi, Pata, Sugizo and Heath are either busy or in bad terms with him

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: May 23, 2020, 04:46:07 AM
how are Yoshiki's relationships with the other band members? That alone could give some insight if this "news" has a bit of truth to it. Obviously he won't release a new album if Toshi, Pata, Sugizo and Heath are either busy or in bad terms with him
So they're in good terms with him,at least with both Pata & Heath appeared in his channel.
Sugizo busy with his LS & solo projects
I don't even understand what happened with Toshl.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: May 23, 2020, 11:36:31 PM
I don't even understand what happened with Toshl.

[This is just my opinion/idea/thoughts]

Maybe he is sick of waiting all the time. I mean he is waiting for the album for 10 years too. And since everything is dedicated to Yoshiki and Yoshiki only owns all the rights of X nowadays Toshi just thought "Well, I'm bankrupt (after HoH) and I have to earn money. So I have to start working!" And then he started with his solo works.

And maybe the schedule doesn't fit around Yoshikis schedule. Toshi is 100x more busy than PATA or Heath. At least that is what I think because PATA "only" has Ra:IN and HEATH? Idk. He was into DeeJaying a couple of years ago. I have no idea what he is up to since Dope HEADz and Lynx are decreased.. His last album was 2009...

But there are rumors that Toshi and PATA are not in good terms. There was something at the "no audience gig" The "proof" is, that PATA is not following Toshi on Twitter... I have no idea. I just read it...

But the decision not to release the album is the decision of Yoshiki alone. He also gave the direction of the album and changed it a couple of times. For example it once was a best of X album with new recordings and lyrics all in english. Like Kurenei aka Deep Red and we also heard Rusty Nail with english lyrics a couple of times live... but yeah.. .bla bla bla jibber jabber...

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: May 24, 2020, 02:45:19 PM

But there are rumors that Toshi and PATA are not in good terms. There was something at the "no audience gig" The "proof" is, that PATA is not following Toshi on Twitter... I have no idea. I just read it...

has anybody noticed that Pata doesn't follow any member from X on Instagram? Weird

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: May 29, 2020, 12:35:57 PM

has anybody noticed that Pata doesn't follow any member from X on Instagram? Weird
Weird ?? yeah ,it's like mathematic. Pata doesnt follow others X member on ig,he doesnt follow Toshl on twitter,Yoshiki follow everybody. we dont need talk about Heath ,he out of question.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: January 05, 2023, 06:10:26 PM
My theory is that there is some legal stuff going on behind the curtain which prevents the album from being released.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: January 07, 2023, 02:31:03 AM
Yea, I agree that there must be some legal stuff tying things up. I just don't understand how they have a complete album sitting there and there doesn't appear to be any plans at this stage to release it.

Yoshiki did use the line that it wasn't the right time before, (and yes, with the pandemic, it wouldn't have been the best time), but there is definitely something more to this.

I would like to point out that we haven't even had any re-releases of material either. If it was just relationship issues, then I don't see why that would hold back re-releasing albums, compilations, etc.

I only hope that whatever it is, it is resolved so I can at least have the chance to see my favourite band live ONCE in my lifetime!

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: January 07, 2023, 01:49:17 PM
there have been reports that Toshi didn't allow NHK to use X Japan related material which contained him...does anyone know more?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: January 13, 2023, 06:31:28 PM
If that’s true I fully expect 2018 was an audition for Hyde to become X’s singer