• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN New Album(When??)

SUG!ZO · 85806

Offline Crock.Extinction

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 04:33:24 PM
Yoshiki says here "with our news songs we're focusing on the melody, not the technical the side of it" which I think is wrong to say, imo the more complex and technical songs sometimes emphasise and push the melody even more, and are able to include many different melodies within one song making the songs even more interesting. Hearing Yoshiki say that  just says to me even more he's not the classical composer he once was, skillfully or mentally.

But I have to say, even though I.V, Jade and Born to be Free are lacking in technical aspects imo they're far better songs than most of Iron Maidens' new album 'The final Frontier'. I just listened to it, and apart from 'Eldorado' The 'Talisman' and the 'The alchemist', that album bores me to tears.

I wouldn't say that Jade and I.V. aren't technical. There are some flourishes of real genius in some of his chord sequences and vocal melodies, and there are also some really quite awkward key changes in Jade which certainly aren't amateur.

The whole idea that X Japan's new material is less technically sound than their old stuff is a myth, which is mainly based on the fact that people seem to think that a song needs to have bone-shatteringly-fast-drums, great guitar parts and insane solos in order to be a technical piece of music. Instrumentally the newer material is certainly weaker, especially in terms of guitar parts, but that doesn't mean that a song is any less technical. Some of X Japan's fastest songs are actually probably some of the least imaginative and least difficult-to-write music that they have put out. Take Orgasm and I'll Kill You for example, they're both very, very simple songs essentially based around simple chord sequences.

@Ulquiorra: I liked pretty much the new Iron Maiden album, I think it is awesome. Once again Iron Maiden reinveted themselves in a very good way.

@Beauty/Broken: I have to disagree. Jade and I.V. are not technical songs nor complex. I think I watched some interview of Yoshiki saying that those key changes are hard to play, but they are not. You say that Orgasm and I'll kill you are very simple songs based around simple chord sequences, what it's different in I.V. and Jade? Think about it =). Jade and I.V. both have a "creative" intro wich is repited in the song like 4 times, the rest of the song are just simple powerchords and a noisy solo that I don't really like. For me solos have to have a meaning, doesn't matter if they are slow, fast, noisy, as long as they have a meaning I believe they're great solos. That's not the case in Jade and I.V., where the solo is just noise improvisation.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new songs but I just disagree in that whole think of they being complex and technical.

Everything's a fucking joke ...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 05:07:42 PM
Yoshiki says here "with our news songs we're focusing on the melody, not the technical the side of it" which I think is wrong to say, imo the more complex and technical songs sometimes emphasise and push the melody even more, and are able to include many different melodies within one song making the songs even more interesting. Hearing Yoshiki say that  just says to me even more he's not the classical composer he once was, skillfully or mentally.

But I have to say, even though I.V, Jade and Born to be Free are lacking in technical aspects imo they're far better songs than most of Iron Maidens' new album 'The final Frontier'. I just listened to it, and apart from 'Eldorado' The 'Talisman' and the 'The alchemist', that album bores me to tears.

I wouldn't say that Jade and I.V. aren't technical. There are some flourishes of real genius in some of his chord sequences and vocal melodies, and there are also some really quite awkward key changes in Jade which certainly aren't amateur.

The whole idea that X Japan's new material is less technically sound than their old stuff is a myth, which is mainly based on the fact that people seem to think that a song needs to have bone-shatteringly-fast-drums, great guitar parts and insane solos in order to be a technical piece of music. Instrumentally the newer material is certainly weaker, especially in terms of guitar parts, but that doesn't mean that a song is any less technical. Some of X Japan's fastest songs are actually probably some of the least imaginative and least difficult-to-write music that they have put out. Take Orgasm and I'll Kill You for example, they're both very, very simple songs essentially based around simple chord sequences.

@Ulquiorra: I liked pretty much the new Iron Maiden album, I think it is awesome. Once again Iron Maiden reinveted themselves in a very good way.

@Beauty/Broken: I have to disagree. Jade and I.V. are not technical songs nor complex. I think I watched some interview of Yoshiki saying that those key changes are hard to play, but they are not. You say that Orgasm and I'll kill you are very simple songs based around simple chord sequences, what it's different in I.V. and Jade? Think about it =). Jade and I.V. both have a "creative" intro wich is repited in the song like 4 times, the rest of the song are just simple powerchords and a noisy solo that I don't really like. For me solos have to have a meaning, doesn't matter if they are slow, fast, noisy, as long as they have a meaning I believe they're great solos. That's not the case in Jade and I.V., where the solo is just noise improvisation.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new songs but I just disagree in that whole think of they being complex and technical.

Apart from songs like Crucify my love, practically every X Japan song contains powerchords. No one powerchord is any less 'simple' than any other, it's just a route, a fifth and an octave. And to me, a 'solo' doesn't make a song. A song should be able to stand on it's own feet regardless.

3:11 to 3:42 in I.V. is not a simple chord sequence, it's actually quite brilliant given that it's constantly moving, it's not based around a repeated pattern like most sections of music are. Compare this to something like I'll Kill You, and you've got a song that's practically entirely based around 3 powerchords throughout. Sure, it's fast and has loads of crazy guitar parts and insane drumming. Doesn't mean it's good song writing, or any more technical than I.V. To me it's quite boring actually.

Don't get me wrong, as a multi-instrumentalist I think their new stuff is piss easy to play and their older stuff harder. But as a song writer, the new stuff tends to be far more imaginative from a song writing perspective, and in places has some really, really good ideas. In honesty, some of their really fast stuff is just garbage. X Japan are only at their best when they're doing something imaginative, else they'd just be no different from any other speed metal outfit.

Offline Crock.Extinction

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 05:56:02 PM
I am a multi-instrumentalist as well, so I do undertand your points, Beauty/Broken, even if I may disagree in some of them. I did not say that the solo make the song, just specified what I think is a good solo. There's many songs without a solo part that are really awesome.

In that section of I.V. yes, they changed the rythm and tempo, but they still using a secuense of powerchord with thirds, if I'm not wrong. But yeah, it is indeed a very good part. Almost every Metal song is based on powerchords, so I realize that it's pointless to argue this. Again, I did not say that a super fast song is always a good song. Let me say that I love songs with creative changes of tempos and rythm, like Art of Life. In conclution, I really like I.V. and Jade, I just don't think their are hard, complex and technical.

I think this songs are like, Celebration, Joker, Miscast and Easy Fight Rambling. Not in style but about creative. These songs are quite different from their fast songs (wich I really like). They have more riffs variations and some of them are really really hard to play, at least to me.

What do you think about Born to be free?

Everything's a fucking joke ...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:42 PM
What do you think about Born to be free?

I think the chorus is quite catchy and anthemic, and I like the middle section with the spoken word part, the little orchestral breakdown and the tone-drop before the final chorus.

But I think that the rest of it sounds a little corny, feels a little forced. I'm also not sure it gels together particularly well as a song, the transition from verse to chorus feels like Yoshiki ran out of ideas in how to connect the two, so just decided to try and make it fit.

It's different, though, which is a good thing. It shows at least that Yoshiki hasn't ran out of musical blue-prints for the band to follow.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 06:07:58 PM
I personally really like Jade, I.V., and Born to be Free (and Without You if you count that). I know they tend to be more simplistic but I still think theyre awesome songs. The new studio version of Jade especially... I REALLY think they nailed it and like Sugizo's solo. Anyways, Im really excited about the new album but im worried it might become just a "best of" album with the three new songs. From what it sounds like, there isn't a lot of other new material. Im still excited to hear the re recorded songs but we still already have the actual songs. Do you guys think theres a chance for more new material on the album that we haven't heard yet? Itll be awesome no matter what but a buzzkill if we've heard everything on it...

Thoughts?

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:20 PM
I personally really like Jade, I.V., and Born to be Free (and Without You if you count that). I know they tend to be more simplistic but I still think theyre awesome songs. The new studio version of Jade especially... I REALLY think they nailed it and like Sugizo's solo. Anyways, Im really excited about the new album but im worried it might become just a "best of" album with the three new songs. From what it sounds like, there isn't a lot of other new material. Im still excited to hear the re recorded songs but we still already have the actual songs. Do you guys think theres a chance for more new material on the album that we haven't heard yet? Itll be awesome no matter what but a buzzkill if we've heard everything on it...

Thoughts?
Well, Yoshiki said, that 50% are gonna be new songs. So I expect at least 2 more new songs. They mentioned something about Sugizo´s song, so that can be on of these new, that we didnt hear yet. I just hope we wont hear them all months before the release. I want to be surprised by something.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:50 PM
I really hope that they include Without You...the absence of it being played this year makes me think they may not.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 12, 2010, 09:32:27 PM
To be honest its for the best they don't include it, to make it in the U.S. they need to have the same attitude with the album as they have with the tour, more rock, less emphesis on ballads. They've kind of already failed that by including Endless Rain and Tears, having Without You in there as well would be completly ott.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 12, 2010, 09:40:33 PM
I wouldnt say its ruined by them playing endless rain and tears, as long as they dont ever do it, it just shows their versatility

Offline Forever Fades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 09:43:50 PM
The ballads are also their best songs so might be a good idea to include them.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:37 PM
So...weren't we supposed to get a completed album this Summer? I know Yoshiki and Toshi have mentioned still recording, but the last I remember hearing was back in late winter/early spring, that we'd be getting it in the summer that just passed us. Anyone have any idea when the new slated expected time is?

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 20, 2011, 10:44:25 PM
I bet at Xmas, anyone with me?

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: September 20, 2011, 11:42:06 PM
I bet spring of 2030 ;)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 21, 2011, 03:37:48 AM
I don't think it will release this year....but that's just me being positive XD I can sort of imagine it never being released!

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: September 21, 2011, 04:56:27 AM
Yeah, wasn't there supposed to be a Blue Blood contest(that I totes should've won XD) that was an invitation to a CD release party?  Let alone a Blue Blood fanclub??? >P

shane140

Reply #75 on: September 21, 2011, 01:29:04 PM
Yeah, wasn't there supposed to be a Blue Blood contest(that I totes should've won XD) that was an invitation to a CD release party?  Let alone a Blue Blood fanclub??? >P

Yeah, someone on here won it I believe.

I don't think it will release this year....but that's just me being positive XD I can sort of imagine it never being released!

It will be Violet UK all over again, Release date: "Soon"

I don't even know what's taking them so long when 50% of it is old songs, just with new vocals, they aren't even re-recording the other instruments! But that was a while ago when Yoshiki said that so I think they're probably fully re-recording everything now. Well, I hope anyway.

Offline Rafaell

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Mizerable
Reply #76 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:11 PM
I dont believe it will ever get released. Really. Yoshiki will release Born To Be Free and Scarlet Love Song as digital singles on iTunes and suddenly its 2013 and X Japan will break up.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 03:44:15 PM
It looks like they may be re-recording the old songs afterall. Toshi mentioned they were re-recording Kurenai in an interview recently (which I still believe will include an unreleased new hide Kurenai solo).
Ages ago, we talked about the old songs not having a consistent production level to the newer recordings and I still think this is the problem Yo-chan is having.
My "fanboy" side wants the album ASAP. My musician and music fan side wants an album that's flowing and cohesive...
Somewhere in between would be nice.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: September 21, 2011, 05:20:47 PM
Toshi mentioned they were re-recording Kurenai in an interview recently (which I still believe will include an unreleased new hide Kurenai solo).

plz. Let's stop with this, hide is dead. They need to do a NEW album.

shane140

Reply #79 on: September 21, 2011, 05:43:57 PM
Toshi mentioned they were re-recording Kurenai in an interview recently (which I still believe will include an unreleased new hide Kurenai solo).

plz. Let's stop with this, hide is dead. They need to do a NEW album.

Haha, a half-assed re-recorded album is taking them ages, imagine how long a new one would take, as much as I'd want one. I also can't believe Yoshiki is STILL working on the debut Violet UK. :(

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: September 21, 2011, 06:24:32 PM
I bet spring of 2030 ;)

hahahahahahaha! that made my day....
starting something new(!) at the age when other go in pension...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:26:16 PM by elanor »

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:34 PM
I doubt it will be released this year, but eventually it will be.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: September 21, 2011, 10:36:31 PM
I strongly bet the album will be out either very late this year or first quarter of 2012. I've been in contact with someone from their booking agency and they confirmed they are hoping to have the band back in N.America for an album tour either late 2011 or Q1 2012. I truly think Q1 2012. Also @ ForeverFades, looks like the Blue Blood contest was a bust...I'd like it if the person who won would comment more on these forums..they posted when they won. And for the record, even if you had won, you shouldn't have since you cheated. Hahaha.

Offline Rafaell

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Mizerable
Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 03:18:34 AM
Yoshiki is the laziest superstar there is. He made a name for himself in Japan since the late 80s and now he is trying the same here in the west. The problem is that he is not releasing enough stuff to make it here. You cant just release some singles on iTunes and go to Hollywood parties and believe you will be huge here, its not working. Most of the fans on the US, EU (me) and SA tour are fans that discovered the band through the internet (torrents, youtube...). As much as i love Yoshiki and X Japan, he need to stop playing or acting like a nurse and get to work. X and WE need a new album now, worldwide.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:33:09 AM by Rafaell »

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: September 22, 2011, 03:34:59 AM
Yoshiki needs to PERSISTENTLY bombard the US media with stuff if they have any hope of making it big. I mean its not like their stuff is that available in the US market....

ben

Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 08:49:54 PM
Been a while since I logged in here.. So still no definite news about the new album yet?..

Was hoping to hear the 'rock' version of "Without You" one day.. Although there is a demo I found posted on youtube with piano and Toshi's vocals, that sounded very nice.

I wasn't really caught on by "Born to be free" or "Scarlett Love Song" unfortunately.. I don't exactly want them to go back to the old metal/thrash style just for the sake of it, but these two songs in particular, just sounded a little empty to me.. aside from Toshi's singing..

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #86 on: November 06, 2011, 12:11:43 PM
Born to be free is way better live i think.

and scarlet love song... that's actually more like a toshi feat. yoshiki song xD Though I think that with that song, you have to keep in mind that it was written as background music, so it would sound weird in the anime if there was too much. in the trailer it sounds fantastic the way it is i think.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

ben

Reply #87 on: November 07, 2011, 06:03:27 AM
Thanks for your response AsukaMiyu

Well, I admit I only listened to "Scarlett Love Song" once, maybe I should listen more. I don't mind the 'soundtrack' feel of it.. It just reminded me a bit too much of "The Last Song".

Don't get me wrong, I like the ballads.. "Tears", "Crucify My Love", "The Last Song" etc.. but, hopefully the ballads don't all sound the same..

shane140

Reply #88 on: December 02, 2011, 01:23:01 AM
It seems Yoshiki is treating X-Japan as a side project as of late, excuse after excuse about the completeness of the album,which should have been finished ages ago, it feels like he'd rather do fashion shows than work on the album lately.

Meh, it just annoys me. :/

shane140

Reply #89 on: January 12, 2012, 10:54:41 PM
bump:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-japan-yoshiki-golden-globes-theme-280576

In a new interview with Yoshiki, he claims the album is now 90% complete, lower than what he said before. lol.

"It will be released in 2012 for sure"  I hope he doesn't go back on his word.