• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN New Album(When??)

SUG!ZO · 85238

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 09:28:47 PM
Just reading Xyo's MySpace Blog; apparently the album will be released in June...so...next month...REALLY!!??

There wasn't a direct source to the information...can anyone else confirm this?

LINK: http://blogs.myspace.com/mxyo

EDIT: OK, just read from MusicJapanPlus, that the album will be released in August, and they are usually a good source...that date sounds more realistic...

LINK: http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=4724&start=1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:30:34 PM by mC »

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 02:41:37 AM
*crosses fingers that there won't be any obstacles from june till august*

I mean seriously they MUST release the new album this year, otherwise they're going to lose more fans, cause I've been observing this forum, lots of old members no longer showed up/make post, same thing happen with other forums.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 05:26:59 AM

I mean seriously they MUST release the new album this year, otherwise they're going to lose more fans, cause I've been observing this forum, lots of old members no longer showed up/make post, same thing happen with other forums.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they are losing fans....^^;
It can also mean that people are tired of a forum or of its people or that they are simply too bored/busy to post...XD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:39:45 PM by Hypno »

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 06:41:18 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean that they are losing fans....^^;
It can also mean that people are tired of a forum or of its people or that they are simply too bored/busy to post...XD
Ha yea, the reason you don't see the same people around as you used to is because we scared them all away... :(

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 06:42:13 AM
I hope they do this... my tracklist, not based on any particular order

Blue Blood 2010 (Japanese)
Silent Jealousy 2010 (Japanese)
Kurenai 2010
Week End 2010
Rusty Nail 2010 (English)
Endless Rain (English)
an instrumental song by Sugizo-Pata-heath
I.V. 2 (new "longer" version)
Jade
Without You
Born to Be Free
Forever Love (english)

and a Bonus Track, VANISHING LOVE 2010

If they really do that, it'll feels like I'm dying n go to heaven xD

none of your business ...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:11 AM
new version of mine

English Cd :
1. Jade
2. I.V (extended version)
3. Without You
4. Born To Be Free
5. Unnamed Song
6. Amethyst
7. Art Of Life
8. Alive
9. *********(new song)

Japanese Cd :
1. Rusty Nail
2. Kurenai
3. Silent Jealousy
4. Weekend / Scars
5. Tears
6. Endless Rain
7. Forever Love
8. Dahlia
9. Longing / Say Anything
10. X
11. ******(new song)

Ex denxdenx

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 10:59:22 PM
I hope they do this... my tracklist, not based on any particular order

Blue Blood 2010 (Japanese)
Silent Jealousy 2010 (Japanese)
Kurenai 2010
Week End 2010
Rusty Nail 2010 (English)
Endless Rain (English)
an instrumental song by Sugizo-Pata-heath
I.V. 2 (new "longer" version)
Jade
Without You
Born to Be Free
Forever Love (english)

and a Bonus Track, VANISHING LOVE 2010

If they really do that, it'll feels like I'm dying n go to heaven xD

I like that one. :D My list was exactly the same, except with X instead of the instrumental. Now THAT would be an album. *_*

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 05:19:42 AM
Hm, either in a studio album of live album, they should include a version of the sugizo/yoshiki duet.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:55 PM
Expected tracklisting (No particular order):
1. Jade
2. I.V.
3. Without You
4. Rusty Nail
5. Kurenai
6. Endless Rain
7. Born To Be Free
8. New Song [Rocker]
9. New Song [Ballad]
10. X [It's possible.]

My wishlist [again in no particular order]
1. I.V.
2. Jade
3. Without You
4. Rusty Nail
5. Kurenai
6. Born To Be Free
7. New Song
8. Endless Rain
9. Sadistic Desire
10. Dahlia
11. Forever Love
12. The Last Song
13. Another New Song
14. Joker or Silent Jealousy
15. Epic New Closer Song

shane140

Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 04:16:01 PM
lol, it says September 2011, I think they made a mistake there. http://www.herfitzpr.com/http___web.me.com_herfitz_Site_Welcome.html/X_Japan_Home.html It says early 2011 now. Didn't Yoshiki say, however many times it gets delayed it will be definitely released before 2011. :( Oh well.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 04:24:18 PM
Its must be a typo on the site, its definatly meant to be early Spetember 2010, it has to be, there's no way after hearing Tears at lollapalooza and Yokohama, I.V is already done, Jade must be already done, the others we don't know of, but we were all pretty certain they were basically finished a month ago, there's no way its been delayed to 4th quarter 2011.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:28:33 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 04:27:12 PM
this is cool... especially since I'm in Japan until September 12th... so maybe it comes early enough :D

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:18 PM
Another article (about the Nissan lives) said that they'll try to finish the album before the US tour so September isn't really an option I think. Early 2011 is probably the best estimate.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:07 PM
early 2011 might be pretty real indeed. but since we all know X, september 2011 might still be an option.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 05:24:27 PM
I think they're making progress certainly. If you listen carefully in the acoustic/strings section of Jade at the Yokohama lives at the weekend you'll notice that real string sections have now been recorded as opposed to the synthesised strings which were there originally.

I think it will be released late 2010.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 05:25:42 PM
dude, if you post a translated version of course it will give you some typos xd It's early 2011 when the album will be released.

hi there

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:35 PM
dude, if you post a translated version of course it will give you some typos xd It's early 2011 when the album will be released.

I guess Yoshiki will commit hari kiri, then.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 05:46:26 PM

At least that will make some people happy.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:59 PM

At least that will make some people happy.

I don't care how pissed off some people get with Yoshiki's business decisions, wanting him dead for it is just ever-so-slightly warped.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:23 PM
Haha

I guess they mean the US version, maybe we'll have the album first released in Japan and later in the US

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 06:07:08 PM
With an US tour this fall it'd be kinda stupid. Maybe they just realized that with the Headwax crap on them right now, they won't be able to rehearse for the US tour AND finish the album. The recording might be done but you know Yoshiki - he has to be there every second of the editing and mixing process (else they'll add some fucking triplets XD). That might be true even without the Headwax stuff, of course, since there is just over a month before the US shows.

So it's either rehearse new/old songs or mix the new album. I personally think that while the first option is better for the hardcore fans (yay Standing Sex and whatnot), the second one would've been better promotion-wise.

But with the Headwax stuff now, they might be too occupied to properly do both, so they pushed the album release back even more.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 06:17:45 PM
With an US tour this fall it'd be kinda stupid. Maybe they just realized that with the Headwax crap on them right now, they won't be able to rehearse for the US tour AND finish the album. The recording might be done but you know Yoshiki - he has to be there every second of the editing and mixing process (else they'll add some fucking triplets XD). That might be true even without the Headwax stuff, of course, since there is just over a month before the US shows.

So it's either rehearse new/old songs or mix the new album. I personally think that while the first option is better for the hardcore fans (yay Standing Sex and whatnot), the second one would've been better promotion-wise.

But with the Headwax stuff now, they might be too occupied to properly do both, so they pushed the album release back even more.

I bet the tour is delayed in light of the court-case. It would be so typical.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 06:21:35 PM
Unless they really-really-really want to show hide's images, I doubt it. Besides I don't think their management is THAT stupid. It's not a big enough reason for anyone to think of postponing the tour, specially as the court case could take years.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 07:10:01 PM
I prefer to wait a little bit more for the release of this cd, than I am sure there will be no triplets in there  :D
I guess the release will be between now and beginning early 2011! That seems to be very realistic to me  :D
We will see when it is ready, let them the time to achieve it properly!
I am wondering for the PV's. Will they be released at the same time as the cd? Or earlier? I am really CURIOUS to see the full versions!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 01:47:51 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8GsKfsswX8[/youtube]

ArtisanNews speaks with Yo-she-key about X Japan's first album in 14 years, which will have English lyrics for the first time in the history of mankind!

Also, I messaged them to ask when this interview took place, maybe we'll get more insight if the 'album early next year' thing is true or not.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 01:58:50 PM
Thanks for posting that.  Really interesting...and in English!

We are X!!!!!

shane140

Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 02:17:18 PM
Thanks for the vid, interesting indeed.:)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 28, 2010, 05:12:34 PM
Yoshiki says here "with our news songs we're focusing on the melody, not the technical the side of it" which I think is wrong to say, imo the more complex and technical songs sometimes emphasise and push the melody even more, and are able to include many different melodies within one song making the songs even more interesting. Hearing Yoshiki say that  just says to me even more he's not the classical composer he once was, skillfully or mentally.

But I have to say, even though I.V, Jade and Born to be Free are lacking in technical aspects imo they're far better songs than most of Iron Maidens' new album 'The final Frontier'. I just listened to it, and apart from 'Eldorado' The 'Talisman' and the 'The alchemist', that album bores me to tears.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:53:42 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 29, 2010, 02:45:47 PM
Yoshiki says here "with our news songs we're focusing on the melody, not the technical the side of it" which I think is wrong to say, imo the more complex and technical songs sometimes emphasise and push the melody even more, and are able to include many different melodies within one song making the songs even more interesting. Hearing Yoshiki say that  just says to me even more he's not the classical composer he once was, skillfully or mentally.

But I have to say, even though I.V, Jade and Born to be Free are lacking in technical aspects imo they're far better songs than most of Iron Maidens' new album 'The final Frontier'. I just listened to it, and apart from 'Eldorado' The 'Talisman' and the 'The alchemist', that album bores me to tears.

I wouldn't say that Jade and I.V. aren't technical. There are some flourishes of real genius in some of his chord sequences and vocal melodies, and there are also some really quite awkward key changes in Jade which certainly aren't amateur.

The whole idea that X Japan's new material is less technically sound than their old stuff is a myth, which is mainly based on the fact that people seem to think that a song needs to have bone-shatteringly-fast-drums, great guitar parts and insane solos in order to be a technical piece of music. Instrumentally the newer material is certainly weaker, especially in terms of guitar parts, but that doesn't mean that a song is any less technical. Some of X Japan's fastest songs are actually probably some of the least imaginative and least difficult-to-write music that they have put out. Take Orgasm and I'll Kill You for example, they're both very, very simple songs essentially based around simple chord sequences.