Offline SUG!ZO

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:06:31 AM
No.. just night dreaming these days.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:11:02 AM
In my opinion it should be an equal balance of rock songs and ballads, SUG!ZO I know its your opinion, but don't forget this is a rock band, so I think there needs to be a well more balanced setlist then that, the album has to cater to rock fans as well.

1.Rusty Nail
2.I.V
3.Jade
4.Without You
5.Born to be Free
6.Deep Red
7.Weekend
8.Endless Rain
9.Blue Blood
10.X
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:46:35 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:27:11 AM
This post is...not nice...:(....dashes hopes!

Offline SUG!ZO

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:59:21 PM
@Ulquiorra
I think your tracklist is better for old fans and for introducing new fans too. My tracklist was more towards the way Yoshiki might put it together if you compare the way he made Dahlia with alot of ballads.

To be honest thats why I think X is what they are. It's the ballads that pull in the non-metalheads to the band. I used to hate speed/metal until I heard X now I love it. So if Yoshiki didn't write ballads and he didn't slow songs down in the middle like DAHLIA or weekend I don't think they would have as many open minded fans

@Ami
You know white poem I on Dahlia I always used to think if Yoshiki made another album after Dahlia he would do a white poem II. I really like White Poem I. Like people say when Yoshiki made it he was thinking what it would be like if he was in a band by himself. Kinda like Violet UK. Where he does everything[All instruments]. Except White Poem has Toshi's voice on it which saves it from sounding too much like what would become pre-Violet UK.

@mC
Being a fellow kiwi I thought you'd be on my side :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:06:03 PM by SUG!ZO »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:06:35 PM
mine :

1. Rusty nail
2. I.V
3. Without You
4. Jade
5. Born to be free
6. Art of life
7. Deep red
8. Silent Jealousy
9. Endless Rain

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 02:05:55 PM
Whishing for a new album that is dvd with pv's too!

Offline SUG!ZO

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 02:47:45 PM
@denxdenx
For me personally I feel since Art of Life is already fully English it doesn't need touch ups. It can't really sit on an album either because its 28 minutes long and the radio edit kinda defeats the purpose of the song.

I personally would like more new songs on this "so called" album. Although hes gotta have the two classics. Kurenai and Endless Rain. Thats like the best of both worlds I think. If someone doesn't like one, they'll surely like the other.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 07:05:38 PM
Of course I'm just guessing but I think a realistic tracklist would be:

01. Kurenai
02. I.V.
03. Rusty Nail
04. Endless Rain
05. Born to be free
06. Jade
07. Without You
08. Unknown new song
09. Rose of Pain (acoustic version)
10. X

plus a DVD which includes the PVs.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:07:22 PM by Matthias »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 08:02:37 PM
I gues you can call me stupid now, but it took me a while to find out that Deep Red = Kurenai ......
and the prob is not that I'm pretty good at Japanese, but rather I'm ...well....*shrugs*
anyways, here is my list:
1 Rusty Nail (english)
2 WEEK END (english)
3 JADE
4 IV
5 WITHOUT YOU
6 DEEP RED
7 Born to be free
8 "in memory of hide" (some strage guitar excerpts)
9 Orgasm (english)
10 X (english includes hide's "tobe tobe!!!")
(11 HIDDEN BONUS TRACK: Feel me Tonight (english), though I know that this aint gonna happen, but it'd be so killer)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 09:41:11 PM
@mC
Being a fellow kiwi I thought you'd be on my side :D
Whoa! That's a surprise! I can only think of one other kiwi that was on these boards when I first joined a few years ago but they are long gone. What city you living in?

And it's not that I don't agree with you, I just thought X Japan might have released something official about the album...cause they haven't exactly said much this year...

And I really do hope they do an english version of Forever Love and rerecord The Last Song! (The extract that they are using to open concerts every now and then, I like so much better than Amethyst)

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 10:54:49 PM
@Ami
You know white poem I on Dahlia I always used to think if Yoshiki made another album after Dahlia he would do a white poem II.
Yeah okay, except that it's "White Poem I" (as in "i"), not "White Poem 1".

So are you saying that the I there isnt supposed to mean 1..? Cause I always perceived it as such......??? o_O'''

While we're at it, I'll write my dream list too...

(in no particular order)
Rusty Nail
Forever Love
Say Anything
Jade
Kurenai
IV
Born to Be Free
Without You
Silent Jealousy
X
Dahlia
Endless Rain
Orgasm

Hmm, I dunno....I don't think my list is good enough.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 12:07:25 AM
I have no problem with there being english versions of the songs, the only thing I'm worried about is them changing the lyrics in a way that takes out all the high vocals notes of the songs, I want US fans to experience and know of Toshi's high vocals just as Japanese fans have, in ballads like Forever Love the high notes are probably the most emotional moments of the song.

Its gonna suck if "ai ga aru nAra" is changed to something like "why can I no longer find you", completely changing the vocal line, taking out the high pitch vocal from the song.

If I was doing the english versions I'd make sure the english lyrics ensured the same vocal pitches that are in the Japanese version, something like "now you're somewhere I cAn't reach"

I know I probably sound like I'm being very picky, but I think you can see what I'm getting at.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:12:35 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 02:19:25 AM
While I can't guess the track order, I'd say the album is going to be around 10 tracks, as it's unlikely Yoshiki is going to push the boat out too far.

As for the album tracks we know about, we have:

Jade,
Without You,
I.V.,
Born to be free,
Rusty Nail,
Kurenai,
Endless Rain

That makes 7, so as for the other 3 or so tracks Yoshiki intends to include, I think it's really anyone's guess. My inkling is that there will be another ballad or two in there, so perhaps Forever Love or Tears, as Yoshiki seems to favour those two in live concerts at the moment.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 06:33:45 AM
^ I'm sure X will be on it too, it's their signature song after all.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:54 AM
^ I'm sure X will be on it too, it's their signature song after all.
I can't remember hearing that X had been translated...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:01 PM
(11 HIDDEN BONUS TRACK: Feel me Tonight (english), though I know that this aint gonna happen, but it'd be so killer)
Vote Yes for that bonus track  :D

I have no problem with there being english versions of the songs, the only thing I'm worried about is them changing the lyrics in a way that takes out all the high vocals notes of the songs, I want US fans to experience and know of Toshi's high vocals just as Japanese fans have, in ballads like Forever Love the high notes are probably the most emotional moments of the song.

Its gonna suck if "ai ga aru nAra" is changed to something like "why can I no longer find you", completely changing the vocal line, taking out the high pitch vocal from the song.

I am with Ulquirra!!!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 04:01:31 PM
I don't want an english version of Forever Love....I love it the way it is.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 04:34:36 PM
Sadly, that is what we gonna have, a whole cd in English...whithout the great iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis and uuuuuuuuuuuus from ToshI.
We only can hope like Ulquiorra said, they will gonna do good translations, that shows ToshI's unique pitches.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 06:29:02 PM
I'm glad people understood what I meant, I felt it might've been slightly hard for people to understand.

They can't rewrite the English lyrics of Endless Rain, Forever Love's, "All I see is BLUUUEEE" And Weekend's "But I cannot, carry OOON", so we're safe there, and Toshi is learning high pitched falsetto's now, though he is nowhere near his true potential yet with those.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:15 PM
My guess:

Jade,
Without You,
I.V.,
Born to be free,
Rusty Nail,
Kurenai,
Endless Rain
Tears
Forever Love
X
Orgasm

(there could be weekend or acoustic rose of pain in there)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 08:20:10 PM
Jade
Without You
Born to be free
I.V
I think it goes only have things new

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 10:08:54 PM
I just realised something ironic about my posts, I've mentioned the lines "ai ga aru nara" and "All I see is blue in my heart" as lines which hopefully wont be changed by the english versions so that new fans in the US will be able to hear the high notes from Toshi we've heard, yet the truth is, those are two notes Toshi hasn't been able to hit since the reunion.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 09:50:25 AM
I just realised something ironic about my posts, I've mentioned the lines "ai ga aru nara" and "All I see is blue in my heart" as lines which hopefully wont be changed by the english versions so that new fans in the US will be able to hear the high notes from Toshi we've heard, yet the truth is, those are two notes Toshi hasn't been able to hit since the reunion.
I am confident he can pull those off in the studio for an album though.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 11:51:53 AM
I still think that translating songs in other languages is more or less an awful thing to do...:-/
I wouldn't mind it if it was an album with songs written in english from the start but I never liked the idea of translating songs because no matter what....either the song meaning or the melody will change...
However, there are too many narrow minded people around who wouldn't listen to a song in a language they don't understand so I see why they are doing it....>_<;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 01:08:53 PM
However, there are too many narrow minded people around who wouldn't listen to a song in a language they don't understand so I see why they are doing it....>_<;;
Whenever people use that as an excuse to not listen to music, with songs being sung in another language, I think they are being silly. Classical music doesn't even have words in it yet people listen to that....I agree....narrow minds....

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 03:24:07 PM
@Menacia: I think your tracklist's pretty realistic, except for Orgasm (though that would be awesome...)
Love the Bonus Track... XD

Don't forget they performed an English version of Orgasm around the time of "X Japan Returns" if I remember correctly...

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 04:50:41 PM
the english Orgasm was performed at The Last Live

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 05:14:42 PM
And 1995.12.31 and the Dahlia Tour Final, The Dahlia Tour final being the best version of the english verion

Go to 6:35 in the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DAXvQDnUo[/youtube]