Reply #90 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:34 PM
-_-

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 12, 2012, 11:05:30 PM
You should also read that he said he's been distracted from finishing the album because of doing this music for the oscars (probably for at least a month or two) and that he's now putting finishing the album at first priority, he's even said to people asking him to compose music for a film that he's going to put that aside for now and finish the album first.

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 12, 2012, 11:27:13 PM
Yeah, he says a lot of things. Let's just hope it's true. It's still funny how the album went from 95 to 90% xD

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 12, 2012, 11:37:25 PM
Here's a (possibly) better article which states the album will be finished in several weeks. http://www.billboard.com/news/x-japan-leader-yoshiki-pens-new-golden-globes-1005856552.story#/news/x-japan-leader-yoshiki-pens-new-golden-globes-1005856552.story

Also, it's very possible for it to go from 95% - 90% especially since Yoshiki admitted one of the reasons for the delay is his decision to add one more song to the album.

The next question is - how long will it take EMI to produce the copies and get them shipped since I ASSUME/HOPE it will be physically released in stores. I'm guessing end of Feb/March for it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:38:59 PM by Feudal »

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 30, 2012, 11:20:32 PM
I doubt he is treating X Japan like a side project, I think its just the people around him wanting to get the name brand out there. Yoshiki has been doing alot by himself that included Golden globes, the Sirius Radio Show, charities and events but it gets him and X Japan exposure. Especially since the World Tour and other X Japan stuff has kept em busy.

Hopefully this all pays off and gets X Japan more well known around the US their new focus

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #95 on: November 04, 2016, 07:28:56 PM
[–]EllaMolochkovetskaya 1 point 33 minutes ago

When do you plan to release the new album?

[–]YoshikiOfficial 5 points a minute ago

Aiming for March 3rd [2017]. Day before our Wembley Arena show.

source
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5b5986/i_am_yoshiki_songwriter_music_producer_drummer/d9lx2fm/?context=3

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 04, 2016, 10:28:27 PM
1) Way to necro a 4+ year old thread

2) Makes me cringe reading my comment from 4 years ago and STILL nothing has changed on the album front

3) I missed the AMA unfortunately but that's a complete drag that it's March 3, and even then it's "AIMING"...Yoshiki is really frustrating.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 05, 2016, 02:49:01 AM
1) Way to necro a 4+ year old thread

2) Makes me cringe reading my comment from 4 years ago and STILL nothing has changed on the album front

3) I missed the AMA unfortunately but that's a complete drag that it's March 3, and even then it's "AIMING"...Yoshiki is really frustrating.

Feudal, you and I seem to always be on the same page with Yoshiki dragging his feet and the overall lack of communication with the fandom. Especially with this damn album. But, I have to say, I've been following things very closely recently. Just got home from the Brooklyn "We are X" screening, where Yoshiki and the director did some Q&A afterwards. I also went to an interview with the two of them about a month ago. He's not talking about the album much but he does seem to be very focused on getting it out finally. I think he's finally realizing that he's wasting momentum that the film is giving him to launch off of and it's time to get it done. Just the overall impression I'm getting from him and the director (can never remember his name) that the album is finally rounding out.

Honestly, I'll take "aiming for" over the complete radio silence we've been getting up until recently. It at least seems like it's finally a priority again over all the lame ass side projects.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #98 on: November 05, 2016, 08:13:42 AM
He's always just 'aiming for' the dates he announces anyway, at least he was honest this time. ;P

But actually I think that by March is already too late. The album should be out NOW already. If you watch the documentary and get more interested there's nothing you can buy to get into them more. Aside of some iTunes downloads. :/

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 05, 2016, 03:37:37 PM
He's always just 'aiming for' the dates he announces anyway, at least he was honest this time. ;P

But actually I think that by March is already too late. The album should be out NOW already. If you watch the documentary and get more interested there's nothing you can buy to get into them more. Aside of some iTunes downloads. :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm still extremely critical of the circlejerk that's been going on with Yoshiki and his lack of communication. I absolutely agree things are long, long, long past due. I'm just saying, I am at least getting the impression that Yoshiki seems pretty focused on the album and less so on needlessly pointless projects like Hello Kitty type stuff.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #100 on: November 06, 2016, 07:27:32 PM
I really really really do hope that this time he's serious. It's time to keep your promise of bringing out a new album, Yoshiki!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #101 on: November 06, 2016, 07:36:28 PM
Didn't he promised the album would be out in 2015?

Oh yes, he did!

http://yoshikiofficial.tumblr.com/post/106797340305/my-dear-fans-happy-new-year-thank-you-so

Year 2015, I’ll be touring again with Xjapan, as well as Yoshiki classical.
I think we may tour Japan for the 1st time in a long time.
Hopefully we can tour even more cities around the world to see you as well.
And I promise that Xjapan will release the album this year!

positively unsure。

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #102 on: November 06, 2016, 08:23:23 PM
@StarWarsArtist If you consider organising festivals, promoting the documentary movie all over the world and preparing for his classical tour 'being focused on the album' ...then yeah, he is focused on it. :P I really hope he does, but there's been times that he actually seemed close to a possible release... >_<

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: November 06, 2016, 09:17:48 PM
@StarWarsArtist If you consider organising festivals, promoting the documentary movie all over the world and preparing for his classical tour 'being focused on the album' ...then yeah, he is focused on it. :P I really hope he does, but there's been times that he actually seemed close to a possible release... >_<

I actually do consider what he's doing with promoting "We are X" to be towards the X album. They're shown working on it in the studio. They talk about the album a little bit in the Q&A (not much, but it happens). The documentary is raising awareness of X Japan. I've seen him on my local news, something I NEVER thought I would see. I've seen him on Reddit, another thing I never thought I'd see. He definitely should have had the album out a thousand times over by now. But he's only realizing this now, is the impression I get. It's too late, so at least do the best you can to get it moving now. Again, not saying it's wise or even that it wasn't intentional. However, he does seem to be putting his effort into it now. I've been very vocal on this board for years about how frustrated and over Yoshiki's bullshitting us I am. It's not a lot, but I genuinely feel it's FINALLY a step in the right direction.

Would it have been smart to release the album simultaneously with the doc? Of course. Should we have had this album years ago? Absolutely. But the fact is, right now we've got nothing, and it looks like we'll finally be getting something. Most of us cynics gave up on the album ever being released in the first place. So worst case scenario, we're right and our expectations weren't dashed. But I'm starting to believe it won't be the case anymore.

Unless he announces a new fucking Hello Kitty doll and then I'm going to jump off the nearest building.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
Well since we're only 10 days into "this year" it might just happens this time xD
Or not. Maybe. I really don't know anymore...

I guess we'll be a little more fixed in March?

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 11, 2017, 01:16:03 AM
Hmmm, that article also mentions a "We Are X" documentary soundtrack...is this going to be released or is this confusion with the new album?

If it is a release, my guess is it will be another compilation with La Venus added on at the end? Would be a nice tide over until the new album...

EDIT: Listening to the live Facebook interview Yoshiki did for Paste Magazine today, it looks like La Venus will be coming out as a single in February (the interviewer suggested the date as 02.02 and even Yoshiki didn't believe it would be that early!), the documentary soundtrack sometime in March, (maybe that is the X Day release?) and the new album is "on its way".
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:09:23 AM by mC »

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #107 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:58 AM
Hmmm, that article also mentions a "We Are X" documentary soundtrack...is this going to be teleased or is this confusion with the new album?

If it is a release, my guess is it will be another compilation with La Venus added on at the end? Would be a nice tide over until the new album...

Maybe I'm just being greedy, but it'd be nice if both the soundtrack & album would drop in March.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 11, 2017, 10:35:11 AM
"Later this year"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2017/01/10/rockers-x-japan-crossover-stateside-with-help-from-famous-fans-and-new-album/#6fe8bc3e1b6f

X Japan was founded by childhood friends Yoshiki, a composer, songwriter, classically-trained pianist and drummer and Toshi, the band’s lead singer, in 1982 when the two were in high school.

What a humble description lol

Talking about the release of the album, I don't see that happening before the concert in Wembley (and I wouldn't be surprised if even that is not happening).

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:19 AM
Well what a surprise ;) At least with Yoshiki we never know what to expect ;)

So another postponed of the untitled album, hope he will tell why, maybe to include new material ? Which is funny as the album was scheduled on March 2016.

But the other news is We Are X Soundtrack ? Correct me if Im wrong, but We Are X is made mostly of X Japan songs isnt it ?  So the best thing will be a "best of album" with live performance of Jade at Madisson, or X at Tokyo Dome 2008 , the worst will be another "best of" that will include songs from the new album (IV or Jade) before the release of the new album, which will be silly.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:32 PM
*headdesk*

The lack of announcements straight from the band themselves is making this slightly more confusing/annoying.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #111 on: January 13, 2017, 03:37:43 PM
This is all very confusing.  ???
So the album will drop sometime this year, there might be a We are X Soundtrack (whatever they want to put on that Soundtrack besides La Venus) and the single release of La Venus is in sight? @___@ Oooookay. Whatever. I doubt everything until I have the album/single/whatever in both of my hands.

Offline reverieecho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: January 13, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
Yoshiki forever saying the album's 90% done. ::)
Hopefully there will be good news at Wembley or sooner.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 29, 2017, 01:28:30 AM
So now that this album isn't coming out around this time (again)...I'm starting to wonder if the We Are X soundtrack was put out just because the album isn't done.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:57 AM
I would just count on it not actually coming out and being pleasantly surprised if to does, tbh. After all we've already heard every song on this album besides KTS, but there's no telling when that will happen either. And getting an album you've already heard 9 out of 10 songs of... well, that doesn't really count as a new album either.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #115 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:27 AM
But all we know are work-in-progress versions and not the finished masterpieces that yoshiki will put on the album!!!  [sarcasm mode off]

Some days ago a new Poll went online on Xplosion about when people think we'll get the new album. The results so far illustrate are both amusing and sad. -___-

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=7097#.WI2XAmkxnqA

Offline Kurenai

• View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:50 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5b5986/i_am_yoshiki_songwriter_music_producer_drummer/d9lx2fm/?st=iyjuvo1j&sh=1dc4109f

"Aiming for March 3rd. Day before our Wembley Arena show."

If it was truly coming out on March 3rd, the marketing and promotion campaign for the album would've started by now, am I right? And now that he's busy with the "We Are X" soundtrack, I really don't see the likelihood of the album coming out that soon. My optimism is hanging by a thread.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 30, 2017, 09:56:04 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5b5986/i_am_yoshiki_songwriter_music_producer_drummer/d9lx2fm/?st=iyjuvo1j&sh=1dc4109f

"Aiming for March 3rd. Day before our Wembley Arena show."

If it was truly coming out on March 3rd, the marketing and promotion campaign for the album would've started by now, am I right? And now that he's busy with the "We Are X" soundtrack, I really don't see the likelihood of the album coming out that soon. My optimism is hanging by a thread.

I don't understand how can he be busy with We Are X soundtrack, as it has only previously released songs, except for La Venus.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:04 PM
So it's still supposed to be released in March, as I thought ; official at least.

But considering that this message was 2 months ago and since then, not much happened, it would be a surprise if the album is eventually released in a month... Plus, the soundtrack release as more or less an excuse for an potential postponement (that's how I feel it anyway).

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: February 21, 2017, 11:35:06 PM

hi there