X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Did Taiji appear on stage at Hide's funeral?

Beauty/Broken · 23362

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: May 04, 2010, 04:36:55 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but a rumour I heard a while ago which has stayed with me was that, at the request of Hide's mother, Taiji stood on stage with the other members of X Japan whilst Toshi and Yoshiki performed Forever Love.

Having watched the video of said performance many times, it's obvious that Taiji isn't stood on stage beside the rest of the band, but a man wearing sunglasses is stood next to Toshi on the stage with his head bowed and his back turned to the audience. Is this Taiji?

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_R07QewFaw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:38:27 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Roy

• Sunday Listener
  • Nightcrawler
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:17 AM
Actually, I've been wondering the same for years now.
Roughly looking, that mand behind the pillar does look like Taiji.
I can't recall imagination of what he might have looked like that time.
But it is possible that he indeed, had darker hair.

Pure speculation, but good topic I say. :>

飛ぶ夢をしばらく見ない。

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:19:37 PM
I know for a fact he was at the funeral and had been living rough not too long before-hand. In his book he talks about Yoshiki noticing his poor condition and helping him out financially with medical costs. Taiji's hair has always been dyed to a lighter colour, in most photographs his roots are coming through with jet-black hair. Considering that around the time of the funeral he had been somewhat incognito for a while I think it stands to reason that, appearance-wise, it could certainly be him.

As for if it is him or not, I'm really not sure... Thus evoking my reason for starting the topic :P

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:49:00 PM
According to Taiji's book which I read fan's translation. He knew the bad news by the media report. Taiji went to Hide's funeral by himself. It's Yoshiki who noticed Taiji was there and greet him well. J-media reported Taiji attended the funeral, just simply.

Frankly, I've never thought Taiji is closed to Hide's family at all, as far as I read both Taiji's and Hide's interviews. They lacked of talking about each other, if the topics weren't related to the band. Even now, Taiji's blog has never written anything about Hide's family nor Hiroshi.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:02:51 PM
I read that Taiji went to a viewing of hide's body before the funeral (at the funeral house).  But, as for the funeral itself, I don't know.

We are X!!!!!

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:51:06 PM
When I first watched this clip ages ago I was sure it was Taiji and I thought that I had read somewhere that confirmed it was him, but I have had a search and can’t find anything saying that - so maybe I just assumed it was Taiji on stage with the others!

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 07:41:18 PM
I think it just a crew member or a employee of the place where it was held.
I dont see why Taiji would stand there to be honest.

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 04:47:12 PM
I think it just a crew member or a employee of the place where it was held.
I dont see why Taiji would stand there to be honest.

I doubt he's an employee of the Buddhist Temple. He has long hair and is wearing sunglasses. If he's not a rockstar or someone famous, he looks like one at least.

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 07:11:37 AM
I've just watched the hIS iNVINCIBLE dELUGE eVIDENCE dvd (again :p ), saw the video over and over (again :p)

n yes, I'm kinda sure it's Taiji ... At least, It do looks like him ;D

ThanX for bringing up such a nice topic :D

none of your business ...

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 05:10:02 PM
Actually, i never thought about it - it was always somehow 'clear' for me that it must be Taiji, but actually, there's not a single source who says for sure it is him.
Come to think of it, who else should it be but Taiji - and even if it won't be him, I'd like the idea.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 05:20:26 PM
Actually, i never thought about it - it was always somehow 'clear' for me that it must be Taiji, but actually, there's not a single source who says for sure it is him.
Come to think of it, who else should it be but Taiji - and even if it won't be him, I'd like the idea.

Yeah, it's a real poser of a question - it seems to have vexed quite a lot of people. The general consensus is that it is Taiji, but there seems to be no evidence to back it up. There must be someone in the fan community who knows the answer definitively.

All we've got to go on is the fact that he attended the funeral at the request of Hide's mother and talked with the other band members at some point during or after.

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 03:27:25 AM
I've made some screen-shot of the DVD, n I'm sure now it's Taiji ;)

here:

the one with the arrow, right?

let's take a closer look...

seen it?

TAIJI, right?

none of your business ...

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 04:28:08 AM
Yup, looks a lot like that him on those screenshots.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:53 AM
i thougt it was sugizo, haha.

Ex denxdenx

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 11:01:11 PM
He's also wearing a white flower and ribbon, something which only the other band members are wearing. I think that's highly indicative of him being someone other than just a regular bystander.

Something one of my friends pointed out is that it could be Hiroshi Matsumoto, brother of Hide. But I'm 99% certain that at the time of Hide's death Hiroshi had short hair.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:06:57 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Roy

• Sunday Listener
  • Nightcrawler
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 01:11:50 AM
Something one of my friends pointed out is that it could be Hiroshi Matsumoto, brother of Hide. But I'm 99% certain that at the time of Hide's death Hiroshi had short hair.
He had shorter hair and is also shorter too, and looks more like a businessman. hehe. If someone could be Hiroshi, then it would be the man kneeling behind him. You can see him at h.i.d.e carrying hide's picture or with Zilch in the end. (here and here)

I'm like ~80% sure that it's Taiji. He looks like Taiji, he's wearing white flower and ribbon like you said (and the sunglasses! Rockstar trademark!)... and, he did say that he met X members there, though they couldn't talk about much else than "what kind of music they've been listening lately". So it's kinda obvious.

飛ぶ夢をしばらく見ない。

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 06:11:55 PM
Yep, this must be Taiji!!!

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 12:13:18 PM
It is him. In his autobiographical book he says first day he arrived almost before they closed funeral house, but next two days he stayed with the band till the end of ceremony.

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 07:46:31 PM

TAIJI, right?

One thing that bugs me is that according to both Yoshiki and Taiji's biographies, at this funeral service Taiji would have genuinely looked terrible. His jaw would look dislocated without several front teeth, he would be wearing a borrowed suit, I think he wasn't even able to walk steadily, so to others he looked much older than his real age. I have seen some pictures of Taiji during the D.T.R era and even then he looked older than this person shown here. However, we couldn't get a clear closeup of him, so I'm not personally sure either.