• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan Live at Nissan stadium in August

Sander · 61887

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:11 PM
It's probably only for a few old songs, and why wouldn't Heath be okay? There's no way Taiji can actually take his job, and X has been very clear that this is a guest, not a rehiring. I love Taiji and both (perhaps Heath a little more... Palma, it would be lovely to help one Heath international fan from another how to get into their group *nudge nudge* ... I've been trying to figure it out for a very long time... *grumble* Then again, you don't has to.)

But, I see this as a way of making amends, and also helping out a friend that's in need. This may just be the boost that Taiji needs to get back into the scene. So, no one's trying to take anyone's job.

I can't even imagine not going or selling my ticket if Taiji played-- it's an experience with X that'll always stay with you. He'll probably play the songs that he created when in the band and do a solo before jumping off the stage and drinking a beer while watching the guys keep playing.

I don't see this as an old bassist re-joining the band for two shows, I see at as an old songwriter, who's compositions have not been played per his agreement with Yoshiki when he was fired, playing with the band for a few shows.

Let's face it, some of his songs are fan favourites. Heath's the bassist, there's no competition - but Taiji was a creative force in X, and was very much involved in an era of the band's history which has been forgotten for too long now.

How about hide? Since X reunited they've hardly touched his compositions. Scars was a staple in their live set and they only played it at the Hide Memorial Summit. It's about time someone other than Yoshiki had their songs worked into a set, as much as Yoshiki is the boss and X Japan is all about him - he's not taken the band to where it is now alone, and the fans know it and would like to hear other songs which he hasn't had a hand in, as believe it or not, they're actually pretty damned good.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:56:08 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: August 13, 2010, 03:57:01 AM
posted this video interview with the 3
Yoshiki, Toshi and Taiji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61KgtmQxc5Q

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: August 13, 2010, 07:20:38 AM
I could not sleep last night and i have been thinking.   I have my ticket back. My brother said i have  go with him see the concert, we have possible the best tickets avaible.  He and some friends will show support to Heath and i would not want to miss it.
I will translate the article later. we go leave and visit hide today. I bought him red roses.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:26 AM
So what's happening with the amount of seats booked, have they managed to sell out both days completely or not?

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: August 13, 2010, 01:24:29 PM
yeah, thats also my question, the capacity is 72.327, i dont thinks its a big problem for them to fill it. they can easily fill 55000 people in tokyo dome.  and also , the show is tomorrow, wondering about the stage design?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: August 13, 2010, 01:48:36 PM
yeah, thats also my question, the capacity is 72.327, i dont thinks its a big problem for them to fill it. they can easily fill 55000 people in tokyo dome.  and also , the show is tomorrow, wondering about the stage design?

Neither show is sold out, but both are fairly well subscribed. My Japanese friend is telling me that the word around some X fans in Japan is that the bands management are quite uneasy about the slow (for X Japan at least) ticket sales, and there is word that bringing back Taiji was an executive decision made by Yoshiki and the management in an attempt to generate enthusiasm and greater ticket sales.

But for me, the fact that it's an open-air concert and there is also bad weather forecast may have something to do with the slower-than-usual ticket sales.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: August 13, 2010, 02:56:45 PM
According to the weather report they should be OK on Saturday but Sunday doesn't look so good.
Let's keep our fingers (toes) crossed!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: August 13, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
Can somebody help me ?  My brother need to know how he can "stream"  i think that is the right word.
We use blackberry and iphone.    I hope somebody can help us.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: August 13, 2010, 04:36:10 PM
Ana, that is amazing news that your brother will try to stream it to us!!!
But, I have no idea how to do that.
I hope somebody on the forum here knows it!!!
Thank you to you and your brother!!!

And Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: August 13, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
My friends will rip from wowwow and upload to youtube. 
 but nobody knows how to stream.  I hope somebody comes with help soon.
 Saturday and Sunday my brother will maybe be able to upload picture here.

Thank you for your birthday greeting.

Offline Forever Fades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: August 13, 2010, 05:04:44 PM
I'll just wait for a HD torrent, thanks.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: August 13, 2010, 05:14:45 PM
According to the weather report they should be OK on Saturday but Sunday doesn't look so good.
Let's keep our fingers (toes) crossed!

At least when they sing Endless Rain it will be relevant.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: August 13, 2010, 05:38:48 PM
anna_lepard try www.ustream.tv . It might work or it might not as it was the case during Lolla
Good luck and thank you!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: August 13, 2010, 06:43:49 PM
Heath has never written a song for the band, other than collaborating on wriggle, and is generally unremarkable in the context of X Japan. Maybe he can go work with Issay again, that shit had potential.

I disagree that he's unremarkable; he looks the part, he plays well, and he has a great rapport with the others. He's substantially different than Taiji, but both have their merits. I am, however, 100% with you that Heath should work with Issay again. Completely.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: August 13, 2010, 06:47:25 PM
They were rehearsing today. Apparently it was very windy.
And I agree, the HEATH-Issay project was great. Wasn't it called Lynx?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: August 13, 2010, 06:51:21 PM
Indeed it was, lol you should know  ;D
So you were the first international fan? I joined Heath's FC last year, with the help of a Japanese friend. 

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: August 13, 2010, 06:54:31 PM
 LOL
When did you join exactly? I got my membership on Aug. 26 2009.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: August 13, 2010, 06:58:48 PM
Mine was several weeks before that. I had no problems with them at all, they never said I couldn't join because I was overseas.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: August 13, 2010, 07:00:01 PM
Taiji's first twitter  :D

@TAIJIofficial Tweets
TAIJIofficial 試しに一発目 今からリハーサル ドキドキだあ

According Google translator: something about rehearsal...

Now waiting for Heath, ToshI, Pata and Sugizo twitters... ;D

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: August 13, 2010, 07:01:32 PM
Their issue was that I didn't have a Japanese bank account or a Japanese mailing address. I had to work around that a bit but in the end they had no problems with mailing stuff to me to Canada. ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: August 13, 2010, 07:05:06 PM
Palma, could you pay than from your bank account to their bank account?

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: August 13, 2010, 07:06:02 PM
Taiji's first twitter  :D

@TAIJIofficial Tweets
TAIJIofficial 試しに一発目 今からリハーサル ドキドキだあ

According Google translator: something about rehearsal...

Now waiting for Heath, ToshI, Pata and Sugizo twitters... ;D

Yes, it was "dokidoki". ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: August 13, 2010, 07:12:41 PM
Their issue was that I didn't have a Japanese bank account or a Japanese mailing address. I had to work around that a bit but in the end they had no problems with mailing stuff to me to Canada. ;D

ahh, if that's what you mean then they said to me too, and apparently to various others. I didn't take it that they didn't want gaijin fans, I think they're pleased for the extra money XDDD Anyway after that, everything went smoothly though. His staff are really great, always on the ball, and their English is impeccable.   

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: August 13, 2010, 07:15:58 PM
Yes, they were nice and now it is smooth sailing. I just wish that he would do something special for his Canadian fanclub member when he is playing here in Toronto ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: August 13, 2010, 07:18:49 PM
Palma, could you pay than from your bank account to their bank account?

Yes, that is exactly what I ended up doing. Just have to keep in mind that the Japanese banks charge about 2500 yen processing fee so that would have to be added to your transfer as well.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:05 PM
Yes, they were nice and now it is smooth sailing. I just wish that he would do something special for his Canadian fanclub member when he is playing here in Toronto ;D

Perhaps he would? ;) I mean, if you're the only Canadian member of the fanclub, that's a novelty. And seeing as he's going to be in your area...
Shoot them an email, see what happens. You never know if you don't try.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: August 13, 2010, 08:01:50 PM
Not a bad idea. I'l keep you guys posted.  If the answer is yes, then maybe we could turn this into a forum thing as well.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:05 PM
Not a bad idea. I'l keep you guys posted.  If the answer is yes, then maybe we could turn this into a forum thing as well.

Please do :) And how to do you mean, a forum thing?

Ooh...I've got an idea... check your PM's lol XDD

(lol love it how we've derailed this topic XDD )

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: August 13, 2010, 08:20:07 PM

LOL. Email sent. Now wait and see.
I'm sure that there are lots of people on this forum who would love to show HEATH their love/support.
If I'd get the chance I wouldn't mind playing the messenger. OK derailment stops here!XDDDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:47:59 PM by Palma »

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:40 PM

LOL. Email sent. Now wait and see.
I'm sure that htere are lots of people on this forum who would love to show HEATH their love/support.
If I'd get the chance I wouldn't mind playing the messanger. OK derailment stops here!XDDDDDDDDD

Derailment begins again (albeit briefly) here XDDD :

If you didn't play messenger, a lot of fans registered or lurking here might actually want to kill you ;)

And if they say no, then they say no, but nothing ventured nothing gained so kudos to you.

Right, end of derailment lol!

2 days to the show, pray for good weather!!