• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan Live at Nissan stadium in August

Sander · 61889

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: August 12, 2010, 10:48:40 AM
I'd also like they performed unfinished one more time, I can perfectly imagine unfinished with Sugizo's violin add too. That must be beautful I think. But, ok, I dream I suppose  :D

Hey, I have never thought of that before! Unfinished is one of my favorite X ballads, and even just to hear them perform it again would be great...but adding Sugizo into the mix would be the way to go!

As for Taiji, I reckon, like previously mentioned, he will only perform one, or at the most two, songs. Perhaps it is because I only got into X Japan 3 years ago, but I think it is rather...weird for them to invite him to perform after he left, especially considering the length of time it has been. To this day, I can't understand how people can still have debates about whether Taiji is better than Heath etc. These are pointless conversations considering Heath was hired to play in 1993, and remained there for the next four years, and also during this reunion. To me, Taiji left, and that's that.

I just feel rather awkward about Taiji's performance, and wonder how Heath feels about the whole thing...if I were him, I would be super pissed! XP

With Heath threatening to leave last year, and Yoshiki repeatedly saying that the whole band doesn't want to attack America...maybe there's more to this.

Speaking of which, X officially confirmed him today.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:58:02 AM by Lee »

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: August 12, 2010, 10:58:48 AM
Lee if you want to meet up send me pm. 

i personal don't like idea of Taiji  preforming with x. How Heath thinks about it have you not heard the rumor ?

Offline merrick-chan

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: August 12, 2010, 11:58:17 AM
It is confirmed that Taiji will be a special guest.

http://www.xplosion-online.com/index.php/en/news/x-japan-news/212-taiji-joining-x-japan-for-nissan-stadium

Awesome :)

Let's hope there are pictures or videos available of it

Offline merrick-chan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: August 12, 2010, 12:18:45 PM
They announced it in a press conference today with Yoshiki, Toshi and Taiji.

Source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/78999/full/

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: August 12, 2010, 12:54:27 PM
T looks a little rough.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: August 12, 2010, 01:00:55 PM
I  don't like idea of Taiji playing x.  I have enough of " remembering " Hide.  This  only lead more who is better Taiji or Heath.
What happend to Taiji face? He looks more ugly then before.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: August 12, 2010, 01:08:36 PM
This  only lead more who is better Taiji or Heath.  

Well, as much as I like Heath, Taiji could play circles around him. :D

What happend to Taiji face? He looks more ugly then before.

Guess he's not in his twenties anymore, and a little bit booze here and there, voila. ;)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10:07 PM
T looks a little rough.

He has since the late 90's. But I guess frequent injuries and illnesses, drug addictions, homelessness and stress can do that to a man.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: August 12, 2010, 01:13:21 PM
I live in Amsterdam and  see a lot of homeless drugs alcohol using people  after 20+ years on the street they look better then Taiji.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: August 12, 2010, 01:14:16 PM
Plus his glasses being on crooked doesn't help.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: August 12, 2010, 01:16:25 PM
ugly? people getting old . lol. its ok if taiji playing, he is only invited to play for 1 or 2 songs. nothing wrong, if yoshiki and taiji still want to play music together

Ex denxdenx

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: August 12, 2010, 01:23:07 PM
My mother is 48 she looks pretty then taiji.   Fine if they want to play together but do it in  different band.
I gave my ticket to my brother's friend i am not attending this weekend.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: August 12, 2010, 01:25:27 PM

But Taiji is not the reason for giving your ticket away, is it?

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: August 12, 2010, 01:27:50 PM
My mother is 48 she looks pretty then taiji.   

Let's face it....you just don't like him...XD It doesn't matter what anyone says, you'll still find him ugly...XD
But well, it's a matter of taste. If you don't like him, so be it.
Though it's a pity that you dislike him so much that you don't even wanna go to the concert. ^^;;;;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: August 12, 2010, 01:34:21 PM
My mother is 48 she looks pretty then taiji.   Fine if they want to play together but do it in  different band.
If it's all dreams, now wake me up... if it's all real, just kill me

come on dude, he'll be only a guest player, they'll jam a bit and end of the appearance, i'm sure 90% of the show will be x japan

hi there

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: August 12, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
you'd be seeing perform a man who had all those problems and was able to overcome then

hi there

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: August 12, 2010, 01:41:10 PM
I truly don't like Taiji. I never did. I grew up with x japan. My mother took me and my brother to the last live.
 ?I was raised in rich family, my grand father died of alcoholic suicide. I won't waste my time looking at a weak man. drugs, alcohol are for weak people and once a weak person always a weak person. ?I won't spend time seeing that man preform.

Well then you don't like hide or Pata then, I take it.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: August 12, 2010, 01:42:41 PM
Well, I really can't say what I want to say right now....because half the forum might jump on my throat but well.....maybe someone else will say it.

However, I feel sorry that even when you had the chance to attend this live you are no going to go.
OK, I understand why you don't like him.....but I doubt he'll be on stage for the entire live. Maybe you could go and simply go to the bathroom while he's on stage....? XD
Anyway, your choice.....I know that if I had the chance to go...I wouldn't miss it even if you were to bring my worse enemy on stage...or even if you told me that they'll be pouring watermelon juice to the audience for the entire concert's duration (and I really.really.really.hate watermelons.)
But well, anyway....your ticket, your choice.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:46:24 PM by roseofpain84 »

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: August 12, 2010, 01:43:39 PM
I'm not very fond of the Taiji reappearance either. It's actually unnecessary and makes me kind of worried about the internals of the band at the moment. Taiji looks like shiat and I'm sorry to all those who like him but I don't think he's right for the band anymore...I know this is SUPPOSED to be just a "woot, oldtimes sake, yeaa" type thing but I'm convinced there is more to it. I'm going to be fucking pissed if Heath leaves the band/if this pushes him in that direction.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: August 12, 2010, 01:44:40 PM
Well then you don't like hide or Pata then, I take it.
you win, yoshiki too btw

but as they say above, it's her choice

hi there

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:28 PM
i do like hide. It is ?simply i don't like taiji. ?I can not change it either.
I have as my mother names it healthy love for males with red/pink colored hair.* look ashamed ?*
XD

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
I'm not very fond of the Taiji reappearance either. It's actually unnecessary and makes me kind of worried about the internals of the band at the moment. Taiji looks like shiat and I'm sorry to all those who like him but I don't think he's right for the band anymore...I know this is SUPPOSED to be just a "woot, oldtimes sake, yeaa" type thing but I'm convinced there is more to it. I'm going to be fucking pissed if Heath leaves the band/if this pushes him in that direction.

I wouldn't read to much into it. A few years ago Izzy Stradlin appeared during some Guns N' Roses concerts and played with the new bandmembers and that was all that happened. No one was replaced or kicked out of the band because of him. Of course I don't know what's going on in X Japan, but Taiji on stage for a few songs may be just that.

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:37 PM
i do like hide. It is ?simply i don't like taiji. ?I can not change it either.
I have as my mother names it healthy love for males with red/pink colored hair.* look ashamed ?*
XD

You said you don't like Taiji because he had/(has?) substance abuse problems. 

As much respect as I have for hide's influence on both music and fashion, hide was a known alcoholic who drunk himself into his death.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: August 12, 2010, 01:52:44 PM

Their is ?rumour around in japan. That Heath will leave ?band soon. X mostly Yoshiki want to go back to indie days.
Heath is not sharing same ambitions as Yoshiki to make big in ?united states .

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: August 12, 2010, 01:55:34 PM

Their is ?rumour around in japan. That Heath will leave ?band soon. X mostly Yoshiki want to go back to indie days.
Heath is not sharing same ambitions as Yoshiki to make big in ?united states .

I think, if Taiji can be trusted to be reliable this would be good for the band.

Heath has never written a song for the band, other than collaborating on wriggle, and is generally unremarkable in the context of X Japan. Maybe he can go work with Issay again, that shit had potential.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: August 12, 2010, 01:58:55 PM
Even without being in Japan or knowing the news there, I could sense things weren't ok in the inside. It sucks because I really like Heath actually, where most people are like meh about him. We've all got our own idea's / opinions but I wonder why he is not all on board for World Tour stuff.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: August 12, 2010, 02:00:32 PM
drain by heath? 

if something not ok inside? heath wont be at chicago last weeekend, X Japan first experience in USA and its important for them
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:02:55 PM by denxdenx »

Ex denxdenx

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: August 12, 2010, 02:01:22 PM

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: August 12, 2010, 02:03:58 PM
ups, u are right, drain by hide and toshi

Ex denxdenx