• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

2 May 2010. A Day to Remember hide

denx · 7356

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:32 PM
anyone doing something to remember hide?

Ex denxdenx

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:47:14 PM
yes many yearnings..
I love you.
today I am going to touch all their music is a small mine homage
despite I do it every day touch her music in the guitar.
hide love you too much

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:14:11 PM
I think I'll just have a play through of all Hide's albums while my girlfriend is at work. I doubt she'd appreciate me blasting out Hide while she is in the house unfortunately.

Offline Crock.Extinction

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:35:09 AM
Hmm ... I'm gonna play Love Replica in the guitar twice ...

Everything's a fucking joke ...

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:57:32 AM
I think I'll spend some time playing hide's songs on the guitar.

Offline Roy

• Sunday Listener
  • Nightcrawler
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:23:15 AM
Well, since I'll be "on the road" most of the day, I guess I'll just take the music with me like last year.
And refuse to drive.
Turn the music on, world off.
I also dyed my hair back to pink, so guess that could be counted as a tribute. Even pink/red is my "the usual haircolour", but I've been blonde for a while now and wanted to dye it back NOW. Not week before of after.
+ As a funny add, I found a fruit drink called "Heavenly Lemonade" and decided to save it up 'till today. Opened it up two hours ago and gotta say that it's really heavenly damn good! : D It also says "SHAKE ME BABY!" Gotta love it. ♥

I really don't wanna over do this day, and think that the most important thing is to remember. :>
There really isn't day when there wouldn't be atleats a little hide in it.

飛ぶ夢をしばらく見ない。

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:57:20 AM
Watching http://www.hidememorial.com
Damned my connection, it's so suck.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:37:17 AM
Watching http://www.hidememorial.com
Damned my connection, it's so suck.

well I hope we get to see it..somehow...later :/

PARTY HARD

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:08 AM
I think somebody has taped it with his/her handy cam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzd_N9bvUmE
Let's try this.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:58:10 PM
I certainly am doing something...well, "did" something.

I went to the memorial but, on arrival, they were no longer admitting people.  The remaining line was SUPER long. (I saw a photo from earlier in the day when it winded right down to the Sumida River, just like at his funeral).  So, I hung around outside taking photos and watching them disassemble everything.

Yesterday I visted the LEMONed shop.  It was doing a roaring trade :)

Tomorrow morning I'm going to his grave and then in the afternoon I have a ticket for "hide no heya", an event in Tokyo.

I will try and post more information and photos when I have time to put it all together.  It's a real "hide" weekend!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 10:40:57 PM
Wish you a beautiful day tomorrow, and waiting for your report and foto's!!!

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 10:53:31 PM
Here's my tribute to hide, I'm an hour late unfortunately. I was really trying to get this up on YouTube yesterday.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7Ak_EBJMM[/youtube]

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:20 PM
Waaawww! That's a beautiful tribute!
You play very good!!!
Is that drums that I see on the background on the right? Do you play drums too?

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:54 PM
Waaawww! That's a beautiful tribute!
You play very good!!!
Is that drums that I see on the background on the right? Do you play drums too?

They are Rock Band drums but I hope to buy a real drum set some day, since I really want to learn to play drums.
Thanks for the compliment on my playing! :)

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
@ finndave, nice one  :) Kudos to you!

Apologies if I'm pipping anyone at the post here, but wearex316 has brought us some photos of the event, via the forum X Wonderland  :)

http://xmelody.cn/english/redirect.php?tid=238&goto=lastpost#lastpost

You may have to register to see the pics, or you may not. Otherwise, I hope wearex will get round to posting them here.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 05:35:53 PM
I can see the pictures without registering - thank you so much!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:42 PM
no problem :)

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:14 AM
there are more pics,videos and report here:
http://blogs.myspace.com/mxyo

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 05:30:39 AM
Well, I’ve had a big hide week.  Let me share it with you.

*I have uploaded some photos on ImageShack.  You can find them at;

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

As I said in a previous post I visited the LEMONed shop on Saturday night.  It was very busy.  Unfortunately I had to work on Sunday but I finished relatively early and thought I’d be able to participate in the floral tribute but when I arrived the queue was still amazingly long and they no longer allowed people to join it.  I was disappointed but resigned myself to the fact that I’d just have to be an observer.

So, I watched people come and go and eventually, as it got dark, watched them dismantle the display they had in the temple.  Someone told me that they were going to let people in to the temple once they had finished disassembling everything but they closed the doors and that didn’t happen.

There is a permanent (small) display at the temple so you can always go there and write notes.  It’s the most beautiful temple and I feel so peaceful every time I go there.

On Sunday morning I was up bright and early and headed of to Miura Kaigan to visit hide’s grave.  Like last year they had set up a table for writing notes and for prayers.  There were several guards but, of course, everybody acted respectfully and was grateful for the opportunity to pay their respects.

As you can imagine, the grave was inundated with flowers.  It’s a truly beautiful sight.  It’s always beautiful but at this time even more so than usual which is not unexpected.

The local florist arranges hide bouquets and they send you off warmly.  I just love going down there.  I don’t have words to describe how I feel when I visit hide.  It’s kind of a feeling that I “own” and I cherish it.  Sorry, I’m rambling…

I then headed back to Tokyo to Studio Coast in Shin Kiba where the Dive to Pink event was taking place.  I had a ticket for the 2.30pm slot and, as is the case with all X-related events, had to wait in a long queue.  Of course there were people everywhere doing hide cosplay.  It’s always interesting…male ones, female ones, tall ones, short ones, long hair hide ones, short hair hide ones, good looking ones, not so good looking ones (sorry, but it’s true ) and so on.  I just love it.  While waiting we were able to look at hide’s car (the Cadillac “Kujira” …it means “Whale”…I’m sure most of you know that).

On entering the venue we had to buy a drink at the bar.  Several of his costumes were on display.  They look even better in real life.  In the bigger venue space  they had a video show plus more costumes, his guitars and a photo gallery.  It was pretty cool.

After coming out we had to wait in…yes, you guessed it…another long queue to purchase goods.  While waiting I heard some girls talk about a hide musical and that auditions would be taking place sometime.  Sorry, I have no details but I did see something mentioned on another website.

Finally, we entered the marquee selling goods.  Well, I thought I’d seen everything but there are still MORE hide goods.  Someone’s making some serious money here.  They had posters (sketch style) that I’d never seen before plus hide tea and coffee, cups and saucers and coffee (and/or tea) pots.  It seems to me you can buy anything hide-related.  Actually, all I want is a simple black X Japan bag.  I’ll have to see what I can do…

The Make A Wish Foundation was also there taking donations.

After exiting the marquee you could then join in karaoke.  This was a lot of fun.  There were kids singing (one did a great Toshi impersonation) but my favourite was a Toshi look-a-like who looked so much like him and had all the mannerisms too (you know, like putting his hand just above his stomach as Toshi does when he’s belting out a song while bending over).  Too cool. (You can see a picture of him at ImageShack – image 5822).

Well, the day was slowly coming to an end but people were still milling around.  Then I spotted hide’s brother, Hiroshi.  I later got to meet him.  I just shook his hand and said thank you.  Wow! (You can see a [dark] picture of him at ImageShack – image 5852).

Slowly they asked people to leave as the time had come.

It is so clear how much hide is still loved.  May he live in our hearts forever. 

Thank you hide chan!

We are X!!!!!

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:43:44 AM
Thanks for the report. This is so impressive to me.

BTW, the image link you gave doesn't work to me.

Offline Roy

• Sunday Listener
  • Nightcrawler
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 02:06:42 PM
Thanks Tanabata!! ♥
That was really interesting to read! I wish I could've been there!
Though the link for the pictures doesn't work with me either. :/
I guess that's the link which works fine with you when you're logged in, but not for anyone else... since it's asking me to register/login. Try linking the public link of the folder or just one image link, I'm sure we'll get to the pics like that. :>

飛ぶ夢をしばらく見ない。

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 02:40:36 PM
Thanks for your comments.  I feel so lucky to be able to attend these events and I want to share my experiences with everyone.

Try the link now.  I've made the photos public.  If this doesn't work then I don't know what will.  Sorry about that ;)

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

We are X!!!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 03:26:21 PM
Thanks for the report, but the link doesn't work either. There should be a link that isn't so short, but is long and includes your username or user ID (a big and long number). If you can't find that, just link a random picture and we'll try to figure something out :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:42 PM
How's this link?

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Tanabata0707/

If it doesn't work I'm throwing myself off the balcony.... ;D

We are X!!!!!

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile