• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN to Release Full Album and Details of 13th Memorial Service for hide

cherrybeary520x · 11925

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace

http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=4410&start=1

X JAPAN will release their first original full album in last 14 years in English.
Of course this is also the first time for them to release album with 6 members.

Recording has started in US from March. They seem to be working 24 hours to finish the album everyday.

This album will include new and old songs.
Detail are to be released, but it is said that it will include "Kurenai" as well as "I.V." and "Without you".
New songs will be played at Lollapalooza, which they have been officially invited in August. Fans who are going to Lollapalooza must check this album!

In January they Yoshiki were mentioning Lollapalooza 2010, but he announced that they will be performing.
He said "It is a wonderful chance to perform infront of fans in the US." They have several offers other than this festival. We must keep our eyes on them.

Also, details for 13th Memorial Service and floral tribute service for Hide in Tsukiji Honganji was announced.
Floral tribute will start from 12, will be ending at 16. They will close the reception completely at 17:30, you should be in line before that.
You don't need to bring your own flowers as they will be given there.

Also, there will be charity box and memorial items will be sold at Tsukiji Honganji. Please take a look after the ceremony.

I'm not sure is this is NEW news....but I'm really really excited!!!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
hmmm, when? lol

Ex denxdenx

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
aah sounds like that the so many times mentioned best of album now has a release date! :)

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
i.really.can't.wait.for.the.new.album

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
I'm going to the memorial day but can only make it towards the end.  I hope I can give flowers.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'll also try to take pictures and post them (I never have luck doing that here).

We are X!!!!!

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=4410&start=1

They seem to be working 24 hours to finish the album everyday.

too many personal opinion in this article that could probably lead to false public opinion.
Either way I am waiting for new album!!!

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic

....what's wrong with that? o_O...

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile

Everything.
This annoying sick excessive hide exploiting. What kind of "re-recording" still uses OLD RECORDINGS?
Why can't they let hide rest in peace without this commercial exploit of his image? Why they don't work like a normal band and play? Why Sugizo needs to be eternally a "shadow" that doesn't have a minimal respect on the band, pretending to be playing on the concerts while hide images are on his place on the screens? Being only "one more on stage", because "hide is playing"?

Their attitude with hide surpassed all rational limits. They can't carry a ghost forever. I miss X JAPAN, the only thing I see now is the "hide tribute playback band".

hide was important, he deserves the hommages. But not like they are doing.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Everything.
This annoying sick excessive hide exploiting. What kind of "re-recording" still uses OLD RECORDINGS?
Why can't they let hide rest in peace without this commercial exploit of his image? Why they don't work like a normal band and play? Why Sugizo needs to be eternally a "shadow" that doesn't have a minimal respect on the band, pretending to be playing on the concerts while hide images are on his place on the screens? Being only "one more on stage", because "hide is playing"?

Their attitude with hide surpassed all rational limits. They can't carry a ghost forever. I miss X JAPAN, the only thing I see now is the "hide tribute playback band".

hide was important, he deserves the hommages. But not like they are doing.
Personally, I think that your statement is a bit extreme, and I don't agree with you in saying that X Japan are exploiting hide. It's not as if they are trying to get sales or money out of his image, all they have done is performed a song in memory of him, and let some of his guitar parts be played back during live concerts.

If you want an example of exploitation, look at the mass amounts of hide merchandise that is released yearly. Personally, I am grateful for it as, like many people, I did not know about him when he was still alive, giving me the opportunity to listen to his music.

And anyway, if you truly believed this is album is in anyway exploiting hide, I don't see any reason why you would buy it then.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
While I don't see including hide in the new album as exploiting his image (especially as hide's dream was to tour the US with X), there has been a lot of exploitation this and most of last year, I think Yoshiki is involved in some of it, but I heard its mostly hide's brother with all the books that have been coming out. And there's been things like X-Japan picture cards, I'm not sure if this is Yoshiki or hide's brother behind this one, but there's only one of Toshi, Pata & Heath but there's two different types of Yoshiki and hide cards, just things like that really feel like people are using him.

I've heard an excuse someone gave aboout this before which was "hide loved advertising/advertising his own merchandise", but really this is an entirely different situation.

Edit: Sorry mC, I only just noticed you already mentioned the previous exploitations.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:48:42 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Hello, mC.

I don't think it is extreme. I, personally, think that is a shame what they do to Sugizo. What kind of "member" he is? He is a shadow. He is a very talented musician that at the most part of the concerts pretend to play while hide playbacks are running, they use screens divided by FIVE members, where appear hide, instead of him. hide has more fans than Sugizo, hide brings more money than Sugizo.

The exploitation I said is things like this, the X JAPAN cards, which every member has one and hide has TWO, hide books, hide appears more than everybody on the band. They should pay hommage to him, he deserves it. But not excessive as they are doing.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
^ While I understand your thinking on the matter, and realize that you are not the only way that thinks that way, I would just like to point out that X Japan and hide, were and still are, since 1993, separate acts. Any "hide" merchandise is just that, "hide" merchandise. Just because he was also in the band X Japan, doesn't mean that all hide merchandise is X Japan merchandise. Granted, those X Japan cards (stamps?) are an exception, but as Ulquiorra pointed out, there are also two Yoshiki ones.

As to the situation with Sugizo, he was recruited by the band to be a guitarist, they never said at any point in time that he would be replacing hide. And you have to admit, sure to begin with, he wasn't playing hide's parts, but also remember that the Tokyo Dome concerts last May, were the first concerts where Sugizo was introduced as an official member, so anything up until that point doesn't help the argument that Sugizo is a "shadow" of hide. One look at his guitar style, and his violin duets with Yoshiki on piano have no similarity to hide whatsoever.

I also have to admit, that I have also in the past commented on exploiting hide with the masses of merchandise but lets think of it this way. If you inherited a business from your family that you found was making money, and giving people pleasure, could you really stop running it? Sure, the LP's, continual "greatest hits" discs, yearly books, USB drives, ZIPPO lighters....(you get my point), are at times quite distasteful, but they wouldn't continue to make them if there wasn't a market for it, which there obviously is.

Please, don't take this as some sort of personal attack, I am just adding information that supports my argument, as you are, rightfully, to yours.

As to the release date of this Full Album...I won't hold my breath, but do believe that it will come....one day....:)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
I know this is not a personal attack. Neither by me.
But, they need a new guitarist to play hide's parts. Is stupid (sorry, there is no other word to express) to hire a new guitarrist that instead of play the parts of the dead one, is being the THIRD guitarist playing the rhytm of the rhytm guitar parts,  while the dead one still "plays".

The hommages during the 3-day Tokyo Dome concerts in 2008 were great. The hologram was awesome, and they were smart to use it only once.

Sugizo IS a shadow of hide on the concerts. He plays parts that theorically don't exist on the songs (even behind Pata), while PLAYBACKS are running where he should play. And if he is "so member as any other one", why they do THIS?

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6825/vlcsnap2010041200h31m31.png
The screens above the stage. We have Heath, Pata, Yoshiki, Toshi and hide. And huge hides on side screens. Where is Sugizo?

I am the only one who thinks that is abusive and irrational all this stuff? Why to hire a new guitarist when you one is missing, if he won't play the parts which are missing? Why do they think that paying hommages to hide is making him appear more than everybody, makes each concert a tribute to him, using him even on songs that he never played (I.V. and something that will appear on Jade PV, as the director said). IMHO, the most beautiful hommage they did to hide was the guitar on I.V. Simple and touching. Better than playbacks and images everywhere.

They need to move on. They can't live on past everywhere. hide was great, but he is dead and they need to accept it.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
just a small question, which concert is that picture from?

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Sugizo has just join the band last year. I think the picture you post here I think it's not the time Sugizo was official annouced to be the 6th member of X Japan

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6825/vlcsnap2010041200h31m31.png
The screens above the stage. We have Heath, Pata, Yoshiki, Toshi and hide. And huge hides on side screens. Where is Sugizo?

They need to move on. They can't live on past everywhere. hide was great, but he is dead and they need to accept it.

The relationship between the band's members and the fans, esp. Hide, is so complicated.  To tell the truth, many of hide fans still can not admit his dead, they're pretending he is away and will come back someday. The word 'Hide is dead' is forbiden to them. Some fans once shout to Yoshiki 'X Japan without Hide is not X Japan'. It's very hard to the band who want to continue their activity while they are haunting by the dead member, but they have to. So, this is the half way that they can meet Hide fans.

After the annoucement of the 6th member, thing seems different. I think they won't keep playing Hide's guitar and ignore Sugizo.  They are thinking of moving forward, just wait and see Live @ Lollapalooza.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
It was a shot from the May concerts last year. Sure that was when officially, Sugizo was introduced as a member of the band...but the concerts were also on May the 2nd and 3rd...hide memorial time, hence BIG SCREEN HIDE!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
It was a shot from the May concerts last year. Sure that was when officially, Sugizo was introduced as a member of the band...but the concerts were also on May the 2nd and 3rd...hide memorial time, hence BIG SCREEN HIDE!

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5341/taiwanb.png
Taiwan, almost a month later. Same thing.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Whatever they do, seems that they're will always be critisized...

The relationship between the band's members and the fans, esp. Hide, is so complicated.  To tell the truth, many of hide fans still can not admit his dead, they're pretending he is away and will come back someday. The word 'Hide is dead' is forbiden to them. Some fans once shout to Yoshiki 'X Japan without Hide is not X Japan'. It's very hard to the band who want to continue their activity while they are haunting by the dead member, but they have to. So, this is the half way that they can meet Hide fans.

I agree with that.

And since Sugizo is announced as official member we can see more and more Sugizo on the foreground. Songs are getting an other beautiful dimension with Sugizo's violin playing. And I think that we will more and more see that. Look at ToshI last concert, where Sugizo played violin in the X Japan songs, I think we will see that more and more. Also in the second concert in May Sugizo played violin in Kurenai song instead the guitar solo from hide.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5341/taiwanb.png
Taiwan, almost a month later. Same thing.
......ahh, yea you are right. But like Ann1958 is saying, Sugizo is getting a bigger part as time goes by. Look at Toshi's "Last" (...) solo concert, Sugzio played violin parts in place of guitar solos...*sigh* I guess we will just have to wait and see how the Chicago performance goes...but still, I don't think Sugizo minds his position, and I also think he has great respect for the band, and of course hide, (it was hide and Yoshiki that got Luna Sea known...), so he has a lot to be grateful for.

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
but still, I don't think Sugizo minds his position, and I also think he has great respect for the band, and of course hide, (it was hide and Yoshiki that got Luna Sea known...), so he has a lot to be grateful for.

I agree with this one, when he first joined X,he already stated that he'd like to help and that he played for hide as "medium" (if you know what I mean), so I don't think he ever thinks about hide overshadowing him, plus he still has Luna Sea as his primary band (only they're still hiatus). And like mC said, he done it as gratitude to hide and Yoshiki for Luna Sea.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:47:17 AM by xjokerx »

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
I got a ticket for the 3rd!!!   :) :) :)

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Awesome Tanabana, being at X's first U.S concert will be kickass, they need to come to Europe dammit.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Ulquiorra, I think Tanabata (not Tanabana :P ) meant the hide memorial (in Tokyo), which will be on the third (I presume), not the X concert in the US (which will probably be on the 8th or at least between 6th and 8th).

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Ugh *feels dumb*, sorry about that, I completly forgot.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I got a ticket for the 3rd!!!     

Congratulations with the ticket Tanabata! This time you have luck you see  ;) ;)
Tell us all about it after you have returned!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Just saw this on Xradicaldreamers

"QUOTE (sanorin @ April 14, 2010, 06:20 AM) *
By the way, I've read Some japanese news about the album and the festival, and the article posted ilesoix Mainly translate everything, except:

"Of course this is Also the first time for them to release album with 6 members."

That sentence is nowhere in the original japanese news, is just added by the translator, so I guess we Have Nothing to Fear sarcasmo.gif".

Hopefully what he's saying is right.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Even if that is right, it doesn't really matter. Ask any X Japan member and they'll tell you they have six members, not five. Not including hide on a more-than-a-normal-band-with-a-dead-guitarist-would would cause huge disappointment and anger from hardcore hide fans (and there are plenty out there) so I don't think there's a chance that hide won't be on the new album. I REALLY hope that they have toned him down enough for Sugizo to really shine through, but... We'll see in the summer (hopefully).

This is my administrator color.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Hm...if this really is a best of album, with the 3 new tracks, then I don't really see Sugizo getting much input at all and, frankly, I wouldn't mind. It is a fully new album where I would expect to see some solid contributions by him as a lead guitarist.