• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

THE Lollapalooza Thread!

AsukaMiyu · 105801

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: August 10, 2010, 01:40:20 AM
Best quality clip of I.V, you can hear Toshi's voice & falsetto's properly on this one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hscef70vLc[/youtube]

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: August 10, 2010, 02:41:28 AM
No one managed to get video of tears?

Offline jackolo

• View Profile
Reply #482 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:33 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl34BP4X2cM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJA9PqtEycU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaCZF7Rpc68[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:16:05 AM by jackolo »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: August 10, 2010, 05:54:51 AM
NO WAY damn it sounds really good the new English version. My only issue with it is...DID THEY REALLY TAKE parts from the original version of Tears and patch it into this one..cause it really sounds like it. Interestingly, the solo sounds like sugizo did it, the tone sounds a lil diff than the original. I'm actually shocked Yoshiki patched most of the English from the original version into this one...I mean, Toshi's voice is angelic on it but wooow..kinda lame.

Offline jackolo

• View Profile
Reply #484 on: August 10, 2010, 06:10:19 AM
Apparently the first two songs there wasn't that many people, then by the third song (kurenai) tons of people were there.

Well that's no suprise when the loud music started after the brief silence, of course ppl are gonna come and see wtf was that about XD

DID THEY REALLY TAKE parts from the original version of Tears and patch it into this one..cause it really sounds like it. Interestingly, the solo sounds like sugizo did it, the tone sounds a lil diff than the original. I'm actually shocked Yoshiki patched most of the English from the original version into this one...

yeah it seens your right about that...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: August 10, 2010, 07:19:30 AM
i try to catch the TEars text in english, i think i made a lot mistake, any one try to catch it? and try to write it out based on what u guys listen?

where can i go from you
in the one???, in the distance ......
sing a long
has it ever reach ....
the sky, where it ever be with you
time after time, ..............
i love you ............
i cross my arm/heart , i wonder away

when the night we share the memory

Ex denxdenx

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: August 10, 2010, 07:38:21 AM
"WE ARE? X! WE ARE? X! YOU ARE? X! YOU ARE? X!

Well, I sure as hell am now. Never, ever ever ever, has a band made me their new biggest die-hard fan so quickly. When I was bitching Monday night about the lack of what felt like, for me, a true headliner, Perry Farrell more than made up for it by tossing in an extra one on Sunday afternoon. X Japan’s massive set was only trumped by their massive sound; they drowned out everything, from other bands to conversation, across the entire south end of the park. You might be thinking to yourself, “Who the hell is X Japan?” So was I before the set. Apparently these guys are metal giants with a career stretching back to the mid-80s who have just reunited and, get this, played their first show on American soil Sunday at Lollapalooza. They sure as hell didn’t seem nervous. A flurry of orchestral noise in their intro was quickly obliterated by a stunning Motorhead-style guitar assault, complete with giant cones of flame erupting on stage. The band channeled everything from Journey to Metallica to Guns n’ Roses, complete with over the top piano solos and distorted violin breakdowns.  On top of that, these guys clearly had their amps set to 11. By far the loudest band I have ever heard at Lollapalooza, or anywhere else for that matter. One of the shows coolest moments involved drummer Yoshiki playing the piano while a pre-recorded guitar solo accompanied him. What makes pre-recorded guitar cool? The guitar part was laid down by deceased former X Japan guitar player Hideto Matsumoto. The show ended on a song that dipped in and out of epic “November Rain-style ballad and full on metal firestorm.” The crowd ate it up, fist pumping crossed arms and declaring they too were X."

http://www.upchicago.com/lolla-recap-2010-day-three?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:40:31 AM by DopeHead »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:48 AM
I'm sorry but they have utterly ruined the Tears solo, why they hell did they change the tone and make it so low? The original Tears solo sounded great, sounded very emotional, fit the emotion of the song perfectly. The new solo has lost all of that, it sounds horrible. What the hell were they thinking when they decided this.

Offline Kasparek

• Rookie
  • Automatic/Supersonic
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: August 10, 2010, 11:30:35 AM
they haven't altered the solo, left channel is just louder than right channel, patas guitar is heard over hides guitar

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:04 PM
"Never, ever ever ever, has a band made me their new biggest die-hard fan so quickly"  haha, almost same here..
Thanks for the updates ^^

English version of Tears sounds great, but... I like the Japanese best....

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: August 10, 2010, 12:36:11 PM
I like the english version.
 i don't like new songs  jade, i.v and born to be free  the sound  from what i hear is mixture between violet uk and x japan
i personal don't like violet uk.  i don't like the "plastic"sound. I don't know how to express  in english i'm sorry.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: August 10, 2010, 01:12:11 PM
plastic sound is a perfect discription of the new sound. :)

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: August 10, 2010, 01:14:59 PM
I prefer the old sound. nothing good as the good old days as my grandmother always say.  lol.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:21 PM
I like both the old and the new sound....\(^o^)/
And from the new songs, I like them all but if I had to rank them.....I like Jade most of all, then Born to Be Free and then I.V.
I think everyone else seems to prefer I.V. among those 3....XD
I wish they had played Born To Be Free as well in Lolla but.....^^;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline jackolo

• View Profile
Reply #494 on: August 10, 2010, 01:28:19 PM
I like the english version.
 i don't like new songs  jade, i.v and born to be free  the sound  from what i hear is mixture between violet uk and x japan
i personal don't like violet uk.  i don't like the "plastic"sound. I don't know how to express  in english i'm sorry.

IV isn't really new ;D :P
also ROSA is a awesome VUK song.

and yeah sad they didn't play born to be free...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:47:20 PM by jackolo »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: August 10, 2010, 01:45:59 PM

Well...you know....I meant 'after the reunion' new...^^;;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline jackolo

• View Profile
Reply #496 on: August 10, 2010, 01:48:59 PM

Well...you know....I meant 'after the reunion' new...^^;;;

was teasing you~ ^^

ps.this just in! japanese media are waaaayyy over their head again :(
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hc6BLv5m_s[/youtube]
20,000 ppl did NOT went there just to see them -.- and the screen shot they took was near the end of their set when i guess about 40% were there for wolfmother...

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: August 10, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
It's all about good pub, creating a buzz. No one does it better than X.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: August 10, 2010, 03:18:41 PM
Kasperek is right, the only difference in the Tears solo I hear is that Pata's part was brought to the front way more. I can't hear hide's part in these recordings, though. The tone is exactly the same as always. =)

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: August 10, 2010, 03:20:09 PM
Listening to kurenai closely it seems they messed up the beginning of the opening riff, just nerves I guess.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #500 on: August 10, 2010, 03:26:01 PM
Looks like Yeasayer had sound problems which affected their overall performance, many people were disappointed in their set. Also, the casuals who opted to see X seemed to be genuinely entertained for good and bad reasons :D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:30 PM
By the way, who won the guess the set list contest? :D

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: August 10, 2010, 04:35:58 PM
i try to catch the TEars text in english, i think i made a lot mistake, any one try to catch it? and try to write it out based on what u guys listen?
where can i go from you
in the one???, in the distance ......
sing a long
has it ever reach ....
the sky, where it ever be with you
time after time, ..............
i love you ............
i cross my arm/heart , i wonder away

when the night we share the memory

my version:
Tell me love [why]
Where can I go from here [from you]?
In a ------- in a distance ------
Sing [song] of love
Has it ever reached ---
---  the sky?
Will it ever be with you?
It’s been long since I saw your smile
Time after time I ----
But I love you so -----
I close my heart
I want to run away.

…when the night had shadowed the memory
Still -------- still be the same
But sometimes I see you [it] in bloody red [rain]..

Can somebody correct these?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:43:25 PM by XVikyX »

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #503 on: August 10, 2010, 04:42:45 PM
"WE ARE? X! WE ARE? X! YOU ARE? X! YOU ARE? X!

Well, I sure as hell am now. Never, ever ever ever, has a band made me their new biggest die-hard fan so quickly. When I was bitching Monday night about the lack of what felt like, for me, a true headliner, Perry Farrell more than made up for it by tossing in an extra one on Sunday afternoon. X Japan’s massive set was only trumped by their massive sound; they drowned out everything, from other bands to conversation, across the entire south end of the park. You might be thinking to yourself, “Who the hell is X Japan?” So was I before the set. Apparently these guys are metal giants with a career stretching back to the mid-80s who have just reunited and, get this, played their first show on American soil Sunday at Lollapalooza. They sure as hell didn’t seem nervous. A flurry of orchestral noise in their intro was quickly obliterated by a stunning Motorhead-style guitar assault, complete with giant cones of flame erupting on stage. The band channeled everything from Journey to Metallica to Guns n’ Roses, complete with over the top piano solos and distorted violin breakdowns.  On top of that, these guys clearly had their amps set to 11. By far the loudest band I have ever heard at Lollapalooza, or anywhere else for that matter. One of the shows coolest moments involved drummer Yoshiki playing the piano while a pre-recorded guitar solo accompanied him. What makes pre-recorded guitar cool? The guitar part was laid down by deceased former X Japan guitar player Hideto Matsumoto. The show ended on a song that dipped in and out of epic “November Rain-style ballad and full on metal firestorm.” The crowd ate it up, fist pumping crossed arms and declaring they too were X."

http://www.upchicago.com/lolla-recap-2010-day-three?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's great to read stories like this. ^_^

Hearing Tears (and the other songs) in English was definitely strange but I liked the slightly different sound in the solo (Tears).  It's kind of difficult to comment until the studio version though.  Come on and release it already! ^^

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: August 10, 2010, 04:45:01 PM
Can you imagine the reaction when new fans type in "X Japan" on YouTube?

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #505 on: August 10, 2010, 10:45:55 PM
I am seriously loving the photos and video links here.  Thanks for sharing all.  Also want to say well done to X Japan for pulling off Lollapalooza, despite a few lukewarm reviews from some of the press (but the ones who loved it instantly - that has gotta be a good thing for sure xD).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:51:28 PM by vash-chan »

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:03 PM
They'll probably have heart attacks. But, they'll fall more in love with X's wacky and fantastic musical scores and vivid and loony costumes.

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #507 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:35 PM
They'll probably have heart attacks. But, they'll fall more in love with X's wacky and fantastic musical scores and vivid and loony costumes.

Hehe yeah that is a possibility :P

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:21 AM
I'm sorry but they have utterly ruined the Tears solo, why they hell did they change the tone and make it so low? The original Tears solo sounded great, sounded very emotional, fit the emotion of the song perfectly. The new solo has lost all of that, it sounds horrible. What the hell were they thinking when they decided this.

you never seemed to be happy with anything aren't you
you should try to stop thinking and just ejoy music as it is;
you want something better? make it yourself

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:58 AM
Um, what? As far as I remember I've barely complained at anything that happened at this concert at all, I really enjoyed it and thought they did well. The only things I've mainly complained about was the hide playback and that the solo sounds completely different (or pata's guitar might have just been heard over everything else), I think I have every right to have those small critisisms, so no I'm not unhappy with everything, you're reading too much into this and are seeing things I havn't even done.