• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

THE Lollapalooza Thread!

AsukaMiyu · 106265

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: August 04, 2010, 05:04:28 PM
If all goes well even if everything I hope doesn't happen, happens, I'll be very happy.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: August 04, 2010, 05:52:06 PM
Is there a way to see the concert in japan? 
Or  we have to wait for youtube? (if there  gonna be  video)
i hope  this won't end  is one big fail.

Really don't know. Hope still there is a way for everyone to see it, also in Europe  :D
I am sure little vids will be on youtube the day after: is better than nothing!
I am sure the concert will be a great succes!!! They convinced me 7 years ago (and a lot of other people whithin the years), they will convince the American people too!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: August 04, 2010, 05:55:43 PM
If all goes well even if everything I hope doesn't happen, happens, I'll be very happy.

If the things that you hope doesn't happen, there are not X Japan!!!
Let them just be X Japan, their concerts are unic!!!
Don't be so pessimistic Ulquiorra!!!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 04, 2010, 06:19:05 PM
Another article - http://www.soundspike.com/news/article/397-x_japan_set_for_american_debut_at_lollapalooza.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+livedailynews+%28SoundSpike+Top+Stories%29

"I'm very excited," he said, adding that he is looking forward to seeing Soundgarden and Arcade Fire. "It's something exciting. I can't find the words. We're going to play something pretty heavy in these songs. Then we may play a ballad as well. The combination may be interesting. Also, I play the piano. One of the guitar players plays the violin. So we do a classical version of one of our songs. Then, right after, we may just start doing really heavy songs. It's an interesting combination."

looks like there will be ballad song, with yoshiki on piano, sugizo on violin and toshi sing the song

Ex denxdenx

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #94 on: August 04, 2010, 07:28:46 PM
I'm interested in what artists will be going to see X Japan perform as it's not rare for other performers to go see other bands.

Lollapalooza is actually a good festival for X to perform at. It has a notable history and the demographic is very diverse. The atmosphere is noted for being very peaceful and fun, something that I think will benefit for the fans travelling from Japan. With regards to major music festivals in North America, Lolla is the most suitable for X.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: August 04, 2010, 07:48:39 PM

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #96 on: August 04, 2010, 08:08:45 PM
Nice, CoS is a pretty popular (albeit sometimes unreliable) site.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:03 PM
I'm really getting excited about that gig, although I can't attend it. Hopefully we'll get a lot of good bootlegs.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #98 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:39 PM
And one from LuminoMagazine - http://www.luminomagazine.com/mw/content/view/3041/1

Led by the man known only as Yoshiki-a singer, songwriter, drummer and classically trained pianist who also plays guitar, bass and trumpet for the band. - the fuck are they smoking XD
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:17:34 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:01 PM
*head desk* *head desk* *head desk*

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #100 on: August 04, 2010, 10:24:04 PM
YOSHIKI PLAYS TRUMPET IN X JAPAN.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: August 05, 2010, 08:52:46 AM
Trumpet???   
 ;D

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:20 AM
And one from LuminoMagazine - http://www.luminomagazine.com/mw/content/view/3041/1

Led by the man known only as Yoshiki-a singer, songwriter, drummer and classically trained pianist who also plays guitar, bass and trumpet for the band. - the fuck are they smoking XD

WTF? Makes it sound like it is a one man band!

Look out America, Yoshiki has arrived!

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: August 05, 2010, 11:14:16 AM

If the things that you hope doesn't happen, there are not X Japan!!!
Let them just be X Japan, their concerts are unic!!!
Don't be so pessimistic Ulquiorra!!!

I agree! That is one of the many reasons I LOVE X JAPAN!!!!
They do things their own way and they have a great time doing it!
I would be very sad and disappointed if they stopped being themselves because Americans wouldn't like it.
BTW I am an American.

WTF???
Singer? Seriously? NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD YOSHIKI SING!!!!
And what's with the trumpet? Yes, he plays the trumpet BUT NOT in X!!!

Also, he is not ALL of X....there are FIVE OTHER MEMBERS!!!!!

That type of misinformation will hurt them, especially here in the States.

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:32 PM
"Written by Guest on 2010-08-05 10:00:05

The source for the article was Yoshiki himself who did not deny anything said during the interview. All other information came directly from the publicist who had no problem with the article either."

WTF!?!

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #105 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:49 PM

The source for the article was Yoshiki himself who did not deny anything said during the interview. All other information came directly from the publicist who had no problem with the article either."

WTF!?!

I think you stress way too much about like everything.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 05, 2010, 08:45:23 PM
the "WTF!?!" was a major exagguration of what I was actually like at the time, and all I'm really saying is that I think its a bit odd that Yoshiki would approve that article.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:46:57 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #107 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:34 PM
http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/lollapalooza/87864/lollapalooza-2010-five-reasons-not-to-miss-x-japans-american-debut

Ulquiorra will like this - For Lollapalooza, the producer and Extasy Records owner says he will focus on harder songs: “In America, playing the heavy song and then the ballad is a no-no.”

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 05, 2010, 09:37:11 PM
Hah, not only Ulquiorra will like it - me too :)

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #109 on: August 05, 2010, 09:50:46 PM
awesome! I can hardly wait to hear if he's true to his word in this case  ;D

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:22 PM

WTF!?!

I think you stress way too much about like everything.

X Japan are hardly a drama-free, low stress band.

For a lot of fans this is both an exciting and nervous time. Of course we all want X Japan to succeed in their American escapades this weekend, but at the same time it's also largely possible that this could end up as a major embarrassment.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 10:35:40 PM
Thanks for the article. I think I've seen Yoshiki say they'll be focusing more on the rock songs in a couple of recent interviews already, but yeah this article does confirm it even more, so great ^^.

One thing is bothering me though,

"Yoshiki tells us. He may not be able to promise Lolla fans a virtual hide, but he does divulge, “We are planning pyrotechnics."

For some reason I can't remember what pyrotechnics are, but can someone tell me, does this mean hide will be appearing on monitor screens?

Also article, hide is not pronounced (hee-day).

Edit: just reminded (and remembered) pyrotechniques refers to light flashes and fireworks, however, Yoshiki did sound like he was relating it to the previous sentance about the holographic hide.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:45:21 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:08 PM
Thanks for the article. I think I've seen Yoshiki say they'll be focusing more on the rock songs in a couple of recent interviews already, but yeah this article does confirm it even more, so great ^^.

One thing is bothering me though,

"Yoshiki tells us. He may not be able to promise Lolla fans a virtual hide, but he does divulge, “We are planning pyrotechnics."

For some reason I can't remember what pyrotechnics are, but can someone tell me, does this mean hide will be appearing on monitor screens?

Also article, hide is not pronounced (hee-day).

Umm..pyrotechnics are like fireworks and flame bursts/fire that they use at most rock concerts. Pyro (referring to fire) and "technics" (being the way it is used)

Oh and from what I am beginning to gather, I'm guessing we will be seeing very little to almost no hide footage during their upcoming performances, at least in North America. (I think there would be an uprising in Japan if hide wasn't shown) The reason for this is because hide does not have much meaning to new fans in North America who will be introduced to the band and will probably be very confused and possibly not like it. (Even though it's a rather simple concept, paying tribute to a fallen-original member...) and also, the latest group pictures, such as the one on their main website underneath the Yokohama thing does not have hide with them. Honestly, even they know they have to progress and move on. I think it would be fantastic to keep hide's guitar present during concerts on stage off to the back where he would be but imo leave it at that; let Sugizo be a proper member..I think this will happen. :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:47:48 PM by Feudal »

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 10:44:13 PM
Pyrotechnics are basically fireworks and explosions during a theatrical performance. Aren't X Japan on around 4pm? Won't Chicago still be rather bright for pyrotechnics? It seems a little bit unnecessary for non-headliners. They should however dispense free water to the crowd as that would be much appreciated by the Lolla audience.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

shane140

Reply #114 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:32 AM

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: August 06, 2010, 02:22:59 AM
The first British article on them I assume. Spot the error.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/japans-biggest-rock-band-readies-us-debut-at-lollapalooza-2043768.html

That's a disgrace considering the level upon which that website is supposed to be at for accurate and reliant news...as any major news site should. That's not just a simple name or instrument-player mistake such as, e.g "Yoshiki: Vocalist", it's a matter of 10 years wrong for the disband. "X Japan disbanded in 2007" durrr a 5 year old can figure that's wrong by reading it on the damned Wikipedia page. Also, they spelled Yoshiki, "Yishiki" which is more of a basic error but still, when you get it correct prior in the article, that's just carelessness. Fuck em.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #116 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:07 AM
Found it... LOLOLOL!
I guess the author actually wanted to write "reunited"...I hope...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: August 06, 2010, 10:58:08 AM
Haha, dispanded in 2007....and then a new album in 2010! hooray!! XD, I'm so glad they only dispanded for two years.

http://chicago.timeout.com/section/lollapalooza

This is a page about lollapalooza, showing a slideshow of the most impostant acts to see, I just love how the pictures go, 'picture of a band showing all 5 members', then 'picture of black keys with all its members' (I'm assuming) and then 'X Japan with a massive picture of a lipstick wearing Yoshiki, the one man band'.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:06:23 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #118 on: August 06, 2010, 11:24:42 AM
"There is drama of epic proportions "
<---- LOL so true!!! XD
(Too bad they only mentioned hide in that part, which is sad-drama instead of the usual (postponing-)drama in X)

OMG and they mentioned Yoshiki's age in the article!!!  ;D

"The group sells merchandise ranging from a jewelry line to condoms."
.....XD

Pretty nice article, even it's a bit overthetop and I don't get why they have a pic of only yoshiki instead of the whole band. And I don't get why they added two kurenai videos. but anyway, that article sure is good promotion :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: August 06, 2010, 01:19:41 PM
"disbanded in 2007".... I couldn't expect that silly errors in such website as independent..
but chicago article is really nice ^^ Thanx for posting)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)