• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi Live - Asakasa blitz

denx · 52536

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 25, 2010, 12:17:03 PM
hmm, wondering how he manage to sung unnamed song?

Ex denxdenx

Offline NanniGong

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: February 25, 2010, 12:25:25 PM
I heard that the MCs between members were interesting.
Looks like an X acoustic concert :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 25, 2010, 12:36:07 PM
Who says that they are right? :P Actually, I didn't see it, but the first news about the songs that have been played came pretty much in time when the concert was supposed to start. I just checked back about it. So 10 minutes might be appropriate when the first news came GMT+1 10:46 while the concert plan was to start at 10:30 GMT+1 (which is 18:30 in Japan)

And I doubt the DMM broadcasting can see the future :D

The person who made the myspace blog said they watched the live on DMM, so there's no excuse for getting things like was 'Toshi's voice god or bad' wrong.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: February 25, 2010, 12:40:53 PM
I didn't say anything about Toshi's voice - I just referred to the time - whether they started the concert 10 or 38 minutes to late.
I also didn't say that everything what was written on the myspace was right, nor did I say that everything what is written on that bxte.info report was wrong.

And btw what I've seen so far from the news broadcasting Asuka showed, Toshi's voice didn't sound worse than during the countdown live 2008/09.

I just think it sounds really rude when you drag that summary so much down. As I think there were some interesting information in it. But it seems some little mistakes or those information you think, are mistakes, because there was one thing in it you don't agree with, seem to make you forget everything else you maybe learned about that concert through this report.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:53:48 PM by Maverick »

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 25, 2010, 03:34:29 PM
The DMM download has now been delayed until tomorrow night at 6pm.  I'll be at work, then I'm going away to attend a wedding, then work on Sunday.  So, looks like it'll be a while before I get to lay my eyes on that fetching white jacket of Toshi's...

We are X!!!!!

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: February 25, 2010, 04:00:18 PM
I wonder why bxte reported they could take thousand photos from the live and will upload them all. Is it allowed to take photo ? ...just a bit curious, do I miss something ?....

checking out at http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1956/ They said the live start almost on time. I don't know 'on time' is meant to 10 mins or 38 mins late. However, I take it easy!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:13:27 PM by purplexpride »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: February 25, 2010, 04:14:25 PM
I didn't say anything about Toshi's voice - I just referred to the time - whether they started the concert 10 or 38 minutes to late.
I also didn't say that everything what was written on the myspace was right, nor did I say that everything what is written on that bxte.info report was wrong.

And btw what I've seen so far from the news broadcasting Asuka showed, Toshi's voice didn't sound worse than during the countdown live 2008/09.

I just think it sounds really rude when you drag that summary so much down. As I think there were some interesting information in it. But it seems some little mistakes or those information you think, are mistakes, because there was one thing in it you don't agree with, seem to make you forget everything else you maybe learned about that concert through this report.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I do thank the person who made that blog for all the other information it gave. Just because I was critisising one small section of it doesn't mean I don't appreciate everything else.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #97 on: February 25, 2010, 04:19:56 PM
someone posted a bunch of pics here.  http://xmelody.cn/english/thread-62-1-1.html

this makes me more happy about US tour. i cant wait to see more video.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: February 25, 2010, 04:56:44 PM
1300 fans ?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #99 on: February 25, 2010, 05:26:51 PM
that setlist unreal!!!!
hopefully there'll be a torrent soon

This is my moderator colour

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: February 25, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
1300 fans ?

It's a pretty small venue.  Another 1300 outside...LOL!

Toshi's really into the bling these days.  A very different look to the days of the Last Live.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: February 25, 2010, 06:28:55 PM
I wonder why bxte reported they could take thousand photos from the live and will upload them all. Is it allowed to take photo ? ...just a bit curious, do I miss something ?....

checking out at http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1956/ They said the live start almost on time. I don't know 'on time' is meant to 10 mins or 38 mins late. However, I take it easy!

You're allowed to take photos if you're a journalist and have an accreditation... BXtE probably does. :)

As for the time, BXtE short report (http://http://bxte.info/English/XJAPAN/TOSHI/BXtE-TOSHI-Articles-ToshI-Samurai-JAPAN-Live-report-from-location.html) explains the misunderstanding: there were two different statings saying the live would begin at 18 or 18:30. I'm taking back what I said about the myspace report!

someone posted a bunch of pics here.  http://xmelody.cn/english/thread-62-1-1.html

this makes me more happy about US tour. i cant wait to see more video.

Is that peacock feathers I see in Heath's hair? xDDD
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:33:58 PM by Ashura Shadow »

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: February 26, 2010, 04:32:07 AM
1300 fans ?

It's a pretty small venue.  Another 1300 outside...LOL!

Toshi's really into the bling these days.  A very different look to the days of the Last Live.

its mean that the ticket not sold out? if i m not mistaken, asakasa capacity is around 2000 seats

Ex denxdenx

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: February 26, 2010, 05:46:52 AM
its mean that the ticket not sold out? if i m not mistaken, asakasa capacity is around 2000 seats
[/quote]

I'm sure the tickets were sold out.  Somebody tried twice for me with no luck and, on the day, I rang the organiser (I guess that's the right word) and there were no tickets left.

I'm not sure what the capacity is (I've heard 2000) so maybe 1300 is incorrect.  I really don't know about the capacity but I'm certain it was sold out.  How could it not be?  Such a big name in such a small venue.

There were quite a few people outside the venue looking for tickets.  If, by some chance, it wasn't sold out I'd be pretty p****d off!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: February 26, 2010, 08:23:26 AM
1Fスタンディング → 1147人
1F着席 → 484人
2F着席 → 120人
2Fスタンディング → 151人

Counting all together makes 1902 places :)

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: February 26, 2010, 10:03:59 AM
Found very interesting report on
http://bxte.info/English/XJAPAN/TOSHI/BXtE-TOSHI-Articles-ToshI-Samurai-JAPAN-Live-report-from-location.html

ToshI Samurai JAPAN - Live report from location

ToshI LAST CONCERT "Samurai JAPAN"

Produced by YOSHIKI

2010.02.24 Akasaka BLITZ

[Guest Musician]

PATA
HEATH
SUGIZO
and YOSHIKI

A live that started almost on time - if one goes by the later officially released starting time of 18:30 - or (due to "YOSHIKI produce?") X JAPAN style somewhat belated - 38 minutes, if one goes by the originally supplied opening time of 18:00 - not that anyone actually much cared.

A live that starts, appropriately, with a ToshI solo - that is, it does once fans who are welcoming him on stage with ear splitting cries of "ToshI!" and, even more, "ToshI, okaeri!" (short for "okaeri nasai," "Welcome home," in English) calm down enough that his piano actually can be heard - that is only called "ToshI ~ Solo ~" in the title list provided to the media, a ballad style piano and vocals piece that from what I can understand from the lyrics seems rather personal.

If that might have had a somewhat quietly sentimental feeling, what comes next is, while in parts still sentimental, for sure not quiet:

"Aitakatta zee!!!"

"Tsui ni, kaette kita zee!!!"

"Kaette kita zee!!!"
Shouts - the old X JAPAN familiar "I wanted to meet you," followed by, "at last, I'm back," "I'm back" - that lead to such pandemonium in the audience, that he has to delay talking again as well though he finally, after some more familar shouts and answers (more about those in the final report, with complete translations), gets around to announcing that on this "I'm so happy to be here" day, he actually also has a back-up band with him.

Even though they aren't, as he said in his MCing, "anything to really brag about. Still, let me make you listen to them..."

A comment that - how could it not? - results in much laughter from the audience, that change to shouts of "SUGIZO" - some people start to cry for hide then. Why, I am afraid I have to say, is a bit beyond me - after he announced him as his "top batter."

In an aside, it seems ToshI's love for baseball still is there, too... even if PATA still beats him at that. Maybe they can play some catch ball again at Tokyo Dome, when the next live happens there.

Back to SUGIZO, though, what they'll do next, just the two of them, is a song that ToshI announces as "from SUGIZO's solo activities" and SUGIZO in turn comments, after ToshI asks him to announce the title - Dear LIFE - that he thinks it's a song that suits ToshI very well, that everybody will be moved by him singing it.

It's something that came as a surprise, pretty much, but on second thought is rather logical, as the number of ToshI's new songs hardly could make up for a complete live. Covering solo numbers from the members also will continue throughout the evening - and turn out to be a lot of fun, with one surprise, rather - though the title that follows Dear LIFE is one of ToshI's own new ones, Haru no Fubuki.

For which PATA joins ToshI and SUGIZO on stage, though how it happened that he got there seems to be something they've different views on, as ToshI introduced him as "someone who wanted to play with ToshI: PATA." Which PATA - after coming on stage while not actually saying those words then, or if he did, not loud enough for the microphone to catch it, in his typical "doumo, kyou no Ishizuka desu" attitude - answers with a rather dry, "I don't think I ever said that."

It gets funnier actually, when ToshI says about Haru no Fubuki, "since PATA said he absolutely wants to play it" and PATA answers in a way that could mean either, "I didn't say absolutely" or alternatively "I absolutely don't" - in a way that much indicates he means - pretends to mean - the latter. They do get to the song eventually, but only after ToshI's last comment of, "This is from my new album. SUGIZO played it (for me), he participated in the recording (of this song - among others). PATA." Pause. "Didn't."

Haru no Fubuki actually reminds me of ISSAY meets DOLLY, which I recently saw live. Not because ToshI's and ISSAY's voices are similar - they absolutely aren't, actually I can think of few more dissimilar - or the melody resembles any of theirs, what is similar is Haru no Fubuki has the rather European (Spanish guitar, in this case), classical recital style that ISSAY uses in his "meets DOLLY" appearances. (Though now I can't help wondering what both of them would think about that comparison. Or being compared in the first place, since even though they were around at the same time originally, they've never done anything directly together. (YOSHIKI did, though, with ISSAY.))

Which makes the next song to come as different from Haru no Fubuki as ISSAY's voice is from ToshI's. Before that, though, SUGIZO goes on a break, and instead "someone else who wanted to be here" comes on stage, to a long drawn out "HEEAAATTTTHHHHH!!!" and the explanation that "HEATH is going to play bass (for me)."

Before he gets to do so, though, ToshI looks him over in a "critical" but probably amused way, commenting that "for someone who said he'd go casually about things today, you for sure look perfectly made up." (HEATH's answer was kind of HEATH-style not necessarily easy to understand, "that's because I went and had some tea somewhere in the neighbourhood." My guess would be that in fashionable Akasaka maybe he felt the need to be fashionable? Only HEATH knows for sure...)

Once again back to the topic, or rather song, at hand, that's a PATA solo number, Story of a young boy, an easy to clap along to - which the audience enthusiastically does - country rock number from PATA's solo debut album, a song frankly that I wouldn't believe ToshI would be singing if I weren't there to see and hear it. (That he in the middle of it also turns into a shouting match with the audinece, at one point laughingly calling them tone-deaf for their inability to match his pitch.) Music by PATA, that is, the lyrics, completely in English, are by a collaborator.

If Story of a young boy was one surprise, the bigger one, for me at least, is the next song, which ToshI actually announces as a new HEATH title, setting HEATH fans' hearts beating faster until he announces it, by now 5 years old, Eagle Sniper. Though, it turns out, it's not the Eagle Sniper most people know, but a "heavier version that I arranged for tonight," based on HEATH's own less rock than normal version from his semi-secret Velvet Galaxy acousitc gig in November 2008 at the Nakano ZERO Planetarium. (His last recent non-X JAPAN HEATH activity, unless one counts even more secret fan club members limited HEATH activities...)

Out of the remaining four songs of the official stage three of the four are ToshI's own recent work, starting with Airport, for which SUGIZO joins the other three on stage again.

This first one, Airport, reminds me a bit of Kurenai. Again not because of any actual similarities, but because it, like Kurenai, starts rather ballad style before it turns into rock (though unlike Kurenai, keeps alternating between the two). Another reason it reminds me of that, I guess, is that ToshI's voice in it is much as in the old times, with a rough edge that I personally love. His voice stays like that at least for the start of Samurai Japan, the next of the numbers, probably the rockiest of his new songs, one that has the audience rocking and shouting along enthusiastically.

After that everybody but ToshI leaves the stage - at least for now - though he doesn't stay alone long since "there's someone who asked me to let him play the piano here. Even though I asked him not to come (and mess up, by implication) my big live."

"YOSHIKI!!!"

That was cute, but even the cuter was the talk they had after that (only the first of several, all of that will come later) and ended with "Producer wo shoukai suru zee: YOSHIKI." ("Allow me to introduce my producer: YOSHIKI." - in English more polite than ToshI's Japanese at the moment.)

To which YOSHIKI said, "Okay, let's play some music."

ToshI: "Let's."

Pause.

Eventually, YOSHIKI: "So it's okay if I start to play."

ToshI: "Yes, please play."

YOSHIKI: "Since I'm just back band today..."

ToshI: "I have the most expensive back band in the world."

Then after a repetition of the "are you ready" sequence, finally: "Incidentally, YOSHIKI decided he wanted to do THIS song two days ago."

Which turns out to be Unnamed Song - for which SUGIZO joins them on violin - which it seems ToshI considers one of YOSHIKI's harder to perform songs...

After that, it seems they are going to have the Junior High School Reunion YOSHIKI didn't want the original X JAPAN Tokyo Dome 3 Days lives to be, since they spend quite a while reminiscing about the start of X and such - which, needless to say, the audience loved - until it seems they finally realize they are on stage actually, and YOSHIKI announces the next song as another new one of ToshI's.

Adding his own "complaint" of "he asked me to play this all out of the sudden."

To which ToshI answered he'd sent him the song a month ago, it was his own fault he didn't listen to it until two days ago and "even though he didn't, he then asks ME to sing something (diffcult) out of the sudden."

Class reunion talk time still isn't over yet though; after YOSHIKI says he really likes this song ToshI's quip back is that "in the 40 years we've been friends, that's the first time he's paid me a compliment."

Though after some more funny back and forth, before he finally starts to sing he turns serious and says that "because I've had YOSHIKI's support, I'm standing here where I am now tonight. Because of all your support, I can go on. Thank you."

After that it's Amaoto, for which SUGIZO - who had gone off stage after Unnamed Song again - rejoins them on violin part way through the song and that then is the end of the official stage.

They'll be back, all together "X JAPAN sorotte" - everybody of X JAPAN - for an encore of Forever Love and Endless Rain, but THAT encore is more of a talk live than a live live so details of that will have to wait for the more detailed translations. ToshI, for that, comes back on stage in his white jacket LA shooting outfit, since "it's MY live (and I can be as flamboyant as I want, by implication)" though then, while it is, really, ToshI's live, it's also ToshI and X JAPAN again.

Finally.

ToshI's Sayonara live, but as YOSHIKI then puts it, "good byes also open new doors," adding what he'd said, according to ToshI, early on: "let's get through this together."

Which, it seems, is what everybody, X JAPAN members and fans, seem to feel when they finally go off stage, after the usual hand holding and jump.

PATA and SUGIZO first, then YOSHIKI at ToshI's side, HEATH walking behind ToshI, his hands on his shoulders, as if directing him. Both YOSHIKI and HEATH pointing ToshI out one last time for the fans before they disappear, too, to leave the stage to him alone for his last bow.

And fans excited about what will come next...

PS: It seems this short report still turned out longish. We're calling it "short" because there also will be a version that includes translations of all the talk that happened that night. At the same time, we also hope to post a larger picture gallery, so please look forward to both.

Written by: Rika
Edited by: Ina
Photos by: Mie

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: February 26, 2010, 10:12:45 AM
I can't wait for their "long" version.  :D

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: February 26, 2010, 10:18:45 AM
Me too  :D

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: February 26, 2010, 11:43:05 AM
You're allowed to take photos if you're a journalist and have an accreditation... BXtE probably does. :)

I remember a guy from AnimeNetwork or some journalist who was invited to XJapan PV Filming in LA, he said he wasn't allow to take the pictures of the members while the fans did. However, he took some shoots when they didn't eye-catching him. He would upload the photos if everything was quiet. Lately, some Japanese fans start to notice that all the pictures of X Japan and Yoshiki  which released to every media were the same.  Maybe it frees for the fans to take their own pictures. (I took Yoshiki's pics myself when he visited Thailand.. LOL)

I won't fussy if I will see another pictures! waiting for pictures from btxe....

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: February 26, 2010, 11:50:07 AM
I remember a guy from AnimeNetwork or some journalist who was invited to XJapan PV Filming in LA, he said he wasn't allow to take the pictures of the members while the fans did. However, he took some shoots when they didn't eye-catching him. He would upload the photos if everything was quiet. Lately, some Japanese fans start to notice that all the pictures of X Japan and Yoshiki  which released to every media were the same.  Maybe it frees for the fans to take their own pictures. (I took Yoshiki's pics myself when he visited Thailand.. LOL)

I won't fussy if I will see another pictures! waiting for pictures from btxe....
The thing with fans taking photos is that they're not making any money out of it, while journalists are... I think that's why they need an accreditation. ;)

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: February 26, 2010, 06:54:35 PM
Thanks for the pics links.

I'm glad to see all the smiles. Also glad that Yoshiki is not wearing any brace, neck or wrist.

But I don't like that white jacket Toshi wore at the end.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #111 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:56 AM

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: February 27, 2010, 10:28:14 AM
What a beautiful and touching review!
It must have been a very beautiful concert. Hopely we could see it online soon.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: February 27, 2010, 03:45:05 PM
wow thanks for all the links of reviews, pictures and videos!
what a special setlist xD i really can't wait to see footage of unnamed song...
and Toshi's outfit for the encore was, lulz, the blings!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: February 28, 2010, 09:05:35 AM
Another report of the live, this one is very interesting because they mention (even if only briefly) their early NOISE & DYNAMITE days. Also I think the translation for everything they say is more accurate.

I don't know why everything I've quoted is repeated twice, sorry guys, I just copy and pasted the original which didn't have any repeating sentances but for some reason pasting it hear duplicates each sentance twice.

The show was stated with "Made in Heaven" which is the first solo song of TOSHI.
ToshI sang it with playing piano. Toshi sang it with playing piano. ToshI's voice is so clear. Toshi's voice is so clear.

Toshi : I'm really happy to see you!! Toshi: I'm really happy to see you!! I finally came back here.How's going?I'm soooooo happy. I finally came back here.How 's going?'m Soooooo happy.
Achieve our crowing glory!! Achieve our crowing glory! I'll introduce our “LOVE”to the audience who watch this show at home with you all!!! I'll introduce our "LOVE" to the audience who watch this show at home with you all!
Today I will play with special back band.They are just “back band” :P Thay are most expensive back band in the world!! Today I will play with special back band.They are just "back band": P Thay are most expensive band back in the world! Thay said thay really wanted to join me,so I'll perform with them :P Thay said thay really wanted to join me, so I'll perform with them: P
SUGIZO!!!! SUGIZO!!

(SUGIZO appeard on the stage) (SUGIZO appeard on the stage)

ToshI: Today,we'll play SUGIZO's solosong. Toshi: Today, we'll play SUGIZO's solosong.
SUGIZO: This song is about “life”,so I really wanted ToshI- san to sing it.If ToshI-san sing it,this song will more better. SUGIZO: This song is about "life", so I really wanted to sing Toshi-san it.If Toshi-san sing it, this song will more better. (SUGIZO complimented ToshI a lot :D) (SUGIZO complimented Toshi a lot: D)
ToshI : Don't raise hardle!! Toshi: Do not raise Härdle!

【Thay played “Dear LIFE” with ToshI's vocal and SUGIZO's acoustic guiter.】 【Thay played "Dear Life" with Toshi's vocal and SUGIZO's acoustic guitar.】

ToshI: The other one who want to play guiter with me came today :P PATA!!! Toshi: The other one who want to play guitar with me came today: P PATA!
(PATA appeard on the stage) (PATA appeard on the stage)
PATA: I didn't say that I want to play :P PATA: I did not say that I want to play: P
ToshI: Aren't you drunk,do you? Toshi: Are not you drunk, do you?
(Thay are talk about Bass ball and alcohol,and introduce next song.) (Thay are ball and talk about Bass alcohol, and introduces next song.)

【Thay played 春の息吹(Haruno Ibuki)with ToshI's vocal and PATA's guiter and SUGIZo's guiter.】 Thay played 【春の息吹(Ibuki Haruno) with Toshi's vocal and PATA's guitar and Sugizo's guitar.】

ToshI: Another one who want to play with me came :P  HEATH!! Toshi: Another one who want to play with me came: P HEATH!

(SUGIZO left the stage and HEATH appeard on the stage.) (SUGIZO left the stage and HEATH appeard on the stage.)

ToshI: Although you said you would take it easy today, You put makeup ferfectly!! Toshi: Although you said you would take it easy today, You put makeup ferfectly!
(HEATH smiled :D) (Heath smiled: D)
【Thay played PATA's solo song “Story Of A Young Boy” with ToshI's vocal and PATA's guiter and HEATH's Bass.】 【Thay played PATA's solo song "Story Of A Young Boy" with Toshi's vocal and PATA's guitar and Heath's Bass.】

ToshI: Next,we will play arrenged HEATH's solo song .It is so cool!! Toshi: Next, we will play arrenged Heath's solo song. It is so cool!

【Thay played HEATH's solo song “eagle sniper”with ToshI's vocal and piano,PATA's guiter and HEATH's Bass.】 【Thay played Heath's solo song "eagle sniper" with Toshi's vocal and piano, PATA's guitar and Heath's Bass.】

( SUGIZO appeard on the stage again) (SUGIZO appeard on the stage again)

ToshI : This time,SUGIZO cooperated a lot.At first I asked him to play guiter for one song,but at the end I asked him to play guiter for 2 song and violin.It took whole day to record them. Toshi: This time, cooperated to lot.At SUGIZO first I asked him to play guitar for one song, but at the end I asked him to play guitar for 2 violin.It song and took whole day to record them.

【Thay played ToshI's new solo song “airport” with ToshI's vocal and SUGIZO and PATA's guiter and HEATH's Bass.】 【Thay played Toshi's new solo song "airport" with Toshi's vocal and SUGIZO and PATA's guitar and Heath's Bass.】

(Kiaiire・・・・) (Kiaiire)

ToshI: I didn't show fight…….KIAIIRETEKE---ORA-..---KIAIIRETEIKE--- Toshi: I did not show fight ... .... KIAIIRETEKE ORA-..--- --- --- KIAIIRETEIKE

【Thay played “SAMURAI JAPAN”with ToshI's vocal and SUGIZO,PATA's guitere and HEATH's Bass.】 【Thay played "SAMURAI JAPAN" with Toshi's vocal and SUGIZO, PATA's Guitera and Heath's Bass.】

(PATA and HEATH and SUGIZO left the stage) (PATA and HEATH and SUGIZO left the stage)

ToshI: I said that my piano was better than him ,so he didn't need to came,but he waned to play piano :p Toshi: I said that my piano was better than him, so he did not need to came, but I waned to play piano: p
I'll introduce the producer.YOSHIKI!!!!! I'll introduce the producer.YOSHIKI !!!!!

(YOSHIKI appeard on the stage and hug with ToshI) (YOSHIKI appeard on the stage and hug with Toshi)

YOSHIKI: You said you would perform quietly today. YOSHIKI: You said you would perform quietly today. But You guys all are so high tention!! But You guys all are so high tention! There is hide:D (look at the hide doll which the audience have) There is hide: D (look at the doll Which hide the audience have)
YOSHIKI: When we stated the band,ToshI was guiterist. YOSHIKI: When we stated the band, Toshi was guiterist. KURACHIN was vocalist…He's got married ,right? KURACHIN vocalist was ... He's got married, right?
ToshI: Are you going to talk about this??? Toshi: Are you going to talk about this??? Yes,he is abonesetter now. Yes, he is abonesetter now. You would ask him!! You would ask him!
YOSHIKI: I'm OK right now :D YOSHIKI: I'm OK right now: D
ToshI: When he left the band,we tried to find the vocalist and everyone tried to sing.YOSHIKI also. Toshi: When he left the band, we tried to find the vocalist and everyone tried to sing.YOSHIKI also.
YOSHIKI : Yep. YOSHIKI: Yep. But my voice was too high pitch.At that time I'm so short and skinny,So friends call me “chick” But my voice was too high pitch.At that time I'm so short and skinny, So friends call me "chick"
Now,my nickname is “carrier pigeon”.I needed to connect to everyone even though I lived in LA Now, my nickname is "carrier pigeon." I needed to connect to everyone even though I lived in LA
I called to Russia and Brazil and Osaka .It cost a lot for telephone charge. I called to Russia and Brazil and Osaka. It cost a lot for telephone charge. Eagle or Tiger is better than pegion… Eagle or better than Tiger is pegion ...
Every member lived in LA long time ago.but now,only I live…SUGIZO,you come to LA,right? Every member lived in LA ago.but long time now, I only live ... SUGIZO, you come to LA, right?
SUGIZO : yeah……. SUGIZO: yeah ... ....
ToshI : There is 大人の事情!!! Toshi: There is大人の事情!
YOSHIKI:We decided to play this song 2 days ago. YOSHIKI: We decided to play this song 2 days ago.

【Thay played Violet UK's song “Unnamed Song” with ToshI's vocal and YOSHIKI's piano and SUGIZO's guiter.】 【Thay played Violet UK's song "Unnamed Song" with Toshi's vocal and piano and YOSHIKI's SUGIZO's guitar.】

ToshI: I made a mistake… Toshi: I made a mistake ...
YOSHIKI: I almost mistake…It is so defficult. YOSHIKI: I almost mistake ... It is so defficult.
ToshI: This song is last we play. Toshi: This song is last we play.
Thay played ToshI's solo song “AMAOTO” with ToshI's vocal and YOSHIKI's piano and SUGIZO's violin. Thay played Toshi's solo song "AMAOTO" with Toshi's vocal and YOSHIKI's SUGIZO's piano and violin.

(ToshI sometime stop to sing because of tears…) (Toshi sometime stop to sing Because of tears ...)

YOSHIKI: It is good song. YOSHIKI: It is good song.

(When ToshI and YOSHIKI left stage,thay made a polite bow to the audience.) (When left YOSHIKI and Toshi stage, thay made a polite bow to the audience.)

【Encole】 Glue 【】
(ToshI appeard on the stage with wearing the same cloths that he was wearing at the MV shooting.) (Toshi appeard on the stage with wearing the same cloths that I was wearing at the MV shooting.)

YOSHIKI: When we completer ART OF LIFE,we lietend it with all member.But I said “so so”:P YOSHIKI: When we completer ART OF LIFE, we lietend it with all member.But I said "so so": P
After that we destroyed our studio….We didn't know how to show our exsitement!! After that we destroyed our studio .... We did not know how to show our exsitement!
ToshI: yep,you said “I bought this studio for this!!!!!!” Toshi: yep, you said "I bought this studio for this !!!!!!"

YOSHIKI : When HEATH became a member of X,we went to “MOTHER FARM” to wacth cow and had BBQ YOSHIKI: When Heath became a member of X, we went to "MOTHER FARM" to wacth cow and had BBQ
ToshI: Yep…was it cow?? Toshi: Yep ... was it cow? It was sheep. It was sheep. I guess… I guess ...
YOSHIKI: Was it sheep? YOSHIKI: Was it sheep? HIDE said it first… HIDE said it first ...

ToshI: PATA ,are you drinking beer??? Toshi: PATA, are you drinking beer???
PATA: ah…..It's “magic water” :P PATA: ah ... .. It's "magic water": P

【Thay played “forever love” with X JAPAN member!! 【Thay played "forever love" with X Japan member! 】 】

ToshI: I'm not sure how long I can sing…but I'll sing for 50 years!! Toshi: I'm not sure how long I can sing ... but I'll sing for 50 years! I'll keep up to sing however I become an old man!! I'll keep up to sing however I become an old man! Can I do “standing sex”?????????No,no, I didn't' mean that :PI'm so happy that there are meny my friends.I appriciate all you guys who support us!! Can I do "standing sex "????????? No, no, I did not 'mean that: PI'm so happy that there are meny my friends.I appriciate all you guys who support us!

YOSHIKI: It is said tha “farewell” means the start of new next door.Thanks for coming here for ToshI.We'll do our best with you all!!! YOSHIKI: It is said tha "farewell" means the start of new next door.Thanks for coming here for ToshI.We 'll do our best with you all!

【Thay played “ENDLESS RAIN” with X JAPAN member.】 【Thay played "Endless Rain" with X JAPAN member.】
SUGIZO played guiter ,but he changed toviolin when he played the “hide's guiter solo part” SUGIZO play guitar, but he changed toviolin when I played the "hide's guitar solo part"

The ending,ToshI,YOSHIKI,PATA,..HEATH and SUGIZO grasp each hands and rais hands 10 times and jump at last!! The ending, Toshi, YOSHIKI, PATA, HEATH .. each and SUGIZO grasp hands and rais hands 10 times and jump at last!!
When ToshI left stage,he made a polite bow to the audience again… When Toshi stage left, I made a polite bow to the audience again ...

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:10:23 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline NanniGong

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:53 PM
 ::) Seems that some parts of the report are still in Japanese (where does the report come from?), such as "KIAIIRE" (気合入れ)... And this:
YOSHIKI: You said you would perform quietly today. But You guys all are so high tention!!
I saw in another report where Yoshiki said "I was watching the performance backstage. You guys were so quiet."  ::)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:01:44 PM by NanniGong »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 03:05:05 PM
Here's a very short interview with Toshi, the title seems to suggest the interview took place today, but it looks like Toshi is having the interview right after the concert.

If someone could translate that, it would be awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZyVKOMO92U[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:07:01 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 05:14:57 PM
::) Seems that some parts of the report are still in Japanese (where does the report come from?), such as "KIAIIRE" (気合入れ)... And this:
YOSHIKI: You said you would perform quietly today. But You guys all are so high tention!!
I saw in another report where Yoshiki said "I was watching the performance backstage. You guys were so quiet."  ::)

It comes from Keiko Hamaguchi's facebook, I think.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:17:41 PM by purplexpride »

Offline NanniGong

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: March 01, 2010, 09:30:57 AM
I can't see the vid in my country. But I think I've seen some brief translations of this interview. It's very... er, don't know how to describe it, but it seems that the interview was a tempory, hurry arrangement and ToshI didn't take it seriously. The only question that makes sense is about what X JAPAN means to him. He says he has been in this band almost the whole life, especially together with Yoshiki and it has been 40 years, but Yoshiki's age is still not announced to the public! :D
And rest of the interview is like:
Interviewer: What do you want to express [convey] through music? ToshI: Why so serious question? Interviewer: But I prepared this question seriously... ToshI: But you're not going to post this (interview)...

(general meaning, not correctly what they say)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:25:20 PM by NanniGong »

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: March 03, 2010, 03:16:43 AM
I wanted to write something about the concert after watching the DMM download but it's giving me a big headache.  I have been corresponding back and forth with DMM about how to fix the problem but I'm getting nowhere.  So, I have to give up.  I'm pretty p*****d off!   >:(  The quality is shocking and I just want to put my fist through the monitor!

I don't think I have anything to add, from the scrappy bits I've seen, to the report from Ivy that Hypno directed us to.  The only thing I can say is (and I said it before) Toshi's really got the bling going on.  And, is that white scarf a Hermes?  It has "H" all over it when you see it up close.  I can only guess...  I'm glad to see bankruptcy doesn't mean he can't look good!

We are X!!!!!