• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Get X on Ellen

MiscastDice · 15597

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:46 PM
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=257#ixzz0fA28AztF

It's only open to people in the US though.... but if you have a US address it should work

VOTE FOR YOSHIKI AND X JAPAN!!!!!

(Mine is for Art of Life) :)

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:50:03 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the demographic viewership for The Ellen DeGeneres show? Judging from past musicians who have performed on the show, I don't think it would be the most suitable show for X.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the demographic viewership for The Ellen DeGeneres show? Judging from past musicians who have performed on the show, I don't think it would be the most suitable show for X.

I think they'd be horribly cute on Ellen...It'd be quite funny to see at the least...any exposure in the US is good exposure...even sextapes...

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 02:51:32 AM

I think they'd be horribly cute on Ellen...It'd be quite funny to see at the least...any exposure in the US is good exposure...even sextapes...

Agreed. Any exposure in the US is good exposure.... and the demographic that would love their ballads happens to watch the show a lot.... and right now it's about exposure more than anything else.

another vote for sextapes.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:24 AM
I live in Canada but was able to drop a vote both for Yoshiki and for Miyavi, so maybe it just needs to be the contigious US and Canada. The Face Book link wouldn't...well...link, lol. But I had no problem using Ellen's comment page. I agree, right now, exposure in the US and Canada are good. I think she and Yoshiki would be a good mix, he's so fidgety shy and she's such a tease. And, if they worked well together, I can see her asking the entire band to come on sometime later. It would sure help promote the upcoming LollaP. gig. 

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 04:04:39 AM
I live in Canada but was able to drop a vote both for Yoshiki and for Miyavi, so maybe it just needs to be the contigious US and Canada. The Face Book link wouldn't...well...link, lol. But I had no problem using Ellen's comment page. I agree, right now, exposure in the US and Canada are good. I think she and Yoshiki would be a good mix, he's so fidgety shy and she's such a tease. And, if they worked well together, I can see her asking the entire band to come on sometime later. It would sure help promote the upcoming LollaP. gig. 

Hey I'm from Canada too, how do I submit something for X Japan? I only see States available to choose.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:53 AM
@ Feudal: Sorry, I made my suggestions last night.  :( I received the link from my Co Miyavi feed in Twitter. At that time Ellen had a Face Book link and a Comment feed. I used both, but my Face Book only fed back to me, not to the Ellen site that I could see. I did notice there was a lot of spam, and I mean Spam with a capitol S. There were full pages of things like: DBSK DBSK DBSK DBSK repeated over and over.  :-[  >:( *shakes head* These posters would meet their character allowance, then they would hit send and just start over again. There were pages and pages of the like, different bands, but the same idea, so maybe the site had to close those two feeds and set it up this way? There were a lot of more civilized votes for HIM and I also suggested Apocalyptica. I'm sorry you didn't get the opportunity and at the same time, really glad that I did. If you have a twitter account, perhaps follow her on Twitter then make the suggestion? Just a thought.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:36:18 AM by Faestian »

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 09:00:57 AM
Hmmm Idk about this one... X on ellen would be pretty odd, don't know much about her demographic, but it is day time network TV (American day time network TV *shudders*). Only seen it while flipping through the channels. I think X should try to get on Saturday Night Live for some really good exposure here in the states.  And if worse comes to worse... theres always MTV... although I cringe at the thought :P believe me thats the last thing I want haha.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:05:01 AM by LebendenToten »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:45:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Yoshiki is going to try to get at least Jade some airtime on MTV.

This is my administrator color.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:36 PM
Sorry X, I love you and all but I NEED to vote for Soil and Pimp Sessions!! T_T

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 12:33:34 PM
X i think is a perfect fit for the show has anyone watched it i do. yoshiki would be the perfect guest and the show would love there ballads.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 05:17:39 PM
Agree with Wearex316. They are a perfect fit. And if I remember correctly, didn't X do Japanese TV ALL the time in the early years? Daytime, night time, anytime. lol. JMHO but I think Ellen and Yoshiki would mesh well.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
Perhaps our American forum members could kindly provide us with more of an insight into what chat shows would be suitable for X. Isn't Ellen predominantly suitable for pop acts and American Idol winners? Also do you think they would interview Yoshiki if they got on? I just get the impression that the show tends to focus more on established stars such as Beyoncé rather than introducing new acts.

Maybe a 'late night show' would be better as they tend to feature more experimental, obscure and alternative acts.
It would be amazing if they performed on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! as they will get to perform on a proper stage and incorporate all kinds of visual effects, and if a few hundred fans turn up they could come across well to the television audiences.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 06:49:30 PM
^ Most day time talk shows here usually feature musicians and bands that don't fall outside of the mainstream comfort zone (like TG said, well established artists and american idol winners). I don't really watch that much TV any more, and maybe things are starting to change, but from what I remember its usually R&B, country, pop and occasionally mediocre rock bands. Late night TV here on the other hand has been a good medium for more heavy rock, alternative, and even some times punk and metal (Saturday night live had FEAR play on the show in the 80s, and the tonight show had some Canadian heavy metal band on recently). I would definitely love to see X on Jimmy Kimmel, David Letterman, Craig Furguson, Jimmy Fallon, Carson Daily, or even on Leno. But I guess either way, day time or night time, net work or cable, any exposure is good exposure. I just can't wait for them to play at lolla and show a lot more people how much ass they can kick! ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:52:41 PM by LebendenToten »

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 01:23:20 AM
As a North American viewer who has seen the Ellen show I can say that X is NOT fit for this show. Predominant acts are yes, mainstream heavy hitters. The viewers generally aren't into artists that go beyond the easy listen. As great as X is with their ballads, I don't see them appealing to the viewing audience on ellen. All their ballads are quite heavy and will go against the usual upbeat tone of the show.

The general consensus of opinions would probably be "those guys dress weird", "the singer has a weird voice", "Who's the girl with the pink hair?" and "are they chinese?"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:26:16 AM by dilbot »

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 02:01:02 AM
As a North American viewer who has seen the Ellen show I can say that X is NOT fit for this show. Predominant acts are yes, mainstream heavy hitters. The viewers generally aren't into artists that go beyond the easy listen. As great as X is with their ballads, I don't see them appealing to the viewing audience on ellen. All their ballads are quite heavy and will go against the usual upbeat tone of the show.

The general consensus of opinions would probably be "those guys dress weird", "the singer has a weird voice", "Who's the girl with the pink hair?" and "are they chinese?"

Thanks dilbot for the clarification. I actually looked at some information about the Ellen show and I kinda assumed that they wouldn't be suitable for it unfortunately. I do hope they get the exposure they deserve, but more importantly..I hope they get effective exposure to the correct target audience.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:56 AM
^ Most day time talk shows here usually feature musicians and bands that don't fall outside of the mainstream comfort zone (like TG said, well established artists and american idol winners). I don't really watch that much TV any more, and maybe things are starting to change, but from what I remember its usually R&B, country, pop and occasionally mediocre rock bands. Late night TV here on the other hand has been a good medium for more heavy rock, alternative, and even some times punk and metal (Saturday night live had FEAR play on the show in the 80s, and the tonight show had some Canadian heavy metal band on recently). I would definitely love to see X on Jimmy Kimmel, David Letterman, Craig Furguson, Jimmy Fallon, Carson Daily, or even on Leno. But I guess either way, day time or night time, net work or cable, any exposure is good exposure. I just can't wait for them to play at lolla and show a lot more people how much ass they can kick! ;D

XD so true.

They'll never be on Leno, because Jay Leno and Yo have kind of a grudge due to an argument.

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 07:58:32 AM
XD so true.

They'll never be on Leno, because Jay Leno and Yo have kind of a grudge due to an argument.

What argument are you talking about?

As for Ellen Show, I agree with dilbot.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 09:14:03 AM
XD so true.

I heard from one of my friends it happened some years back...

For some unknown reason, Leno put a picture of Yoshiki's eyes and nose, nothing else, on his show and was like "won't you just look at those bedroom eyes."

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 10:31:11 AM
XD so true.

I heard from one of my friends it happened some years back...

For some unknown reason, Leno put a picture of Yoshiki's eyes and nose, nothing else, on his show and was like "won't you just look at those bedroom eyes."

Never heard of that before, I would like to look more into it if possible. Can you find a source please?

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 12:14:59 PM
i googled it and found nothing. X would do fine on any talk show. after thinking about it most show day and night have had band like X or heavier. Leno has had disturbed. i think sytem of a down too. kimmle o'brian would fit. but im thinking bigger Saturday Night Live thats where they need to go. they could do some skits too.

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 05:54:05 AM
Yes, more people will be aware of X if they play on Ellen, but none of the people watching it will like it, so it would just be a waste of time. Plus, that set is small and I highly doubt Yoshiki's drum set would fit there (and I have an even bigger doubt he'd want to use a downsized set for performances).What they need to is do all they can to can on as many late night shows as possible. Conan has had Anvil, Fallon and Letterman had Megadeth, Kimmel had Slayer, and of all of Leno's shows I've seen I can't recall any metal bands playing, though I'm sure there's something. So with late night, the is at least somewhat of an audience for metal. They also gotta get something on MTV, and only their heavier stuff would work for that as it has some chance in hell of being on Headbanger's Ball...at least if that show is still on...I haven't watched it in years.

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 02:27:32 AM

I WATCH ellen aswell and I wouldn't suggest them on he show if I didn't think it was a good idea.  Like I said I think they'd b really cute and I'm sure that Yoshiki is well aware of his lack of popularity in america....especially since he keeps talking about 'breaking into america' so a show like this would be great for the,m even if its just a performance. I mean if ppl like Ozzy and Slash can join her without breaking a sweat then X shouldn't have a problem...lets have a little faith in the band we claim to love so much

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:24 AM
Does anyone know of the past 'international artists' who have appeared on Ellen? perhaps this would give us an insight into what type of musician they are looking for. Or, is this "Be a Part of the Show" scheme new?

It seems there are a lot of K-Pop fans trying to get their favourite musicians onto the show. Admittedly, I think a pop act would be more likely to appear on Ellen as it will feature catchy pop music and dancing which will be more eye-catching to the general public.

For me personally, I hope they get Jónsi Birgisson (lead singer of Sigur Rós) on. His first solo album is out in April and judging from the pre-released song, it will be as equally beautiful, ambient and ethereal as Sigur Rós. His charming and shy demeanor would go over well. He is quite a unique person too; an openly gay vegetarian with a blind right eye whose falsetto voice makes the most heavenly music :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:35:22 AM by TG »

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 06:24:36 AM

I WATCH ellen aswell and I wouldn't suggest them on he show if I didn't think it was a good idea.  Like I said I think they'd b really cute and I'm sure that Yoshiki is well aware of his lack of popularity in america....especially since he keeps talking about 'breaking into america' so a show like this would be great for the,m even if its just a performance. I mean if ppl like Ozzy and Slash can join her without breaking a sweat then X shouldn't have a problem...lets have a little faith in the band we claim to love so much

I'll agree with you that Yoshiki and Ellen may be a good mix. I'll give you that, though I'm more focused on their performance.

What song(s) do you think will fetch an ear to the audience? I certainly can't think of any. How "open" are they to music outside north america? X isn't exactly a pick up and listen type of band. It's an acquired taste in my opinion.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:29 PM
here are some bands i found that played on Ellen
    *  Adam Lambert
    * Allison Iraheta
    * Angel Taylor
    * Bon Jovi
    * Carrie Underwood
    * Corinne Bailey Rae
    * Harry Connick Jr.
    * Ingrid Michaelson
    * Gloriana
    * Jay Sean
    * Jennifer Lopez
    * John Mayer
    * Joshua Radin
    * Justin Bieber
    * Keith Urban
    * Kris Allen
    * Lady Antebellum
    * Lady Gaga
    * Leona Lewis
    * LMFAO
    * Mary J. Blige
    * Matt Morris
    * Michael Bublé
    * Mika
    * Nick Jonas and the Administration
    * OneRepublic
    * Orianthi
    * Rickie Lee Jones & Ben Harper
    * Rihanna
    * Robin Thicke
    * Selena Gomez
    * The Script
    * Tim McGraw
    * Train

One of Ellen’s Favorites: Joshua Radin

Simply put, Joshua Radin is one of Ellen’s favorite musicians. In 2008, Joshua and Ellen met at a charity event and she invited him to perform on the show that week. His beautiful music left such an impression on Ellen, she later asked him to sing at her wedding in a romantic private ceremony. It was a touching performance she will never forget.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:15 PM
found this on a Ellen forum seems to be mostly pop acts/songs

1. Songs that Ellen Dances to after her monologue
Just Dance - Lady GaGa
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake Ft. Timbaland
Dont Stop the Music - Rihanna
4 Minutes - Madonna Ft. Justin Timberlake
Feedback - Janet Jackson
Tambourine - Eve
I Like That - Houston
Swing Ya Rag - T.I.
Stronger - Kanye West
Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
Closer - Ne-Yo

2. Songs thst artists/bands perform on the show
I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson
Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Anything, Anything - Dramarama
How Do You Sleep - Jesse McCartney Ft Ludacris
It's Like That - Mariah Carey
Everybody Knows - John Legend
Fallin For You - Colbie Caillat
Just Dance - Lady GaGa
So What - Pink
Funhouse - Pink
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake Ft. Timbaland
Feedback - Janet Jackson
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Blame It - Jamie Foxx
The Fear - Lily Allen
Just A Girl - No Doubt
Hella Good - No Doubt
Right Round - Flo Rida
Stronger -Kanye West
Today - Joshua Radin

3. Songs that guests walk out to
American Boy - Estelle Ft. Kanye West
Glamorous - Fergie Ft. Ludacris
Touch My Body - Mariah Carey
Fantasy - Mariah Carey
Forever - Chris Brown
Just Dance - Lady GaGa
U Cant Touch This - MC Hammer
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
Live Your Life - T.I.

5. Other songs related to Ellen/her shows (please say how it relates)
Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson (From the infamous attempts of the audience members trying to sing the right lyrics - Kelly also performed it on the show)
Barracuda - Heart (Ellen plays this on Guitar Hero during a monologue)
Anything, Anything - Dramarama (One of Ellens favourite songs - apparently she always wanted to play it during the commercial breaks, then one day Stryker surprised Ellen by getting them to perform it on the show)
Womanizer - Britney Spears (Ellen sings it when Britney and her go Christmas Carolling, it also plays in the background)
Lets Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas (First song played with the montage of the best moments from the first 1000 shows)
When I Grow Up (Played in the background when Ellen is driving the fire engine whilst meeting her Warner Brothers neighbours)
And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going - Jennifer Hudson (Ellen and Jennifer performed this for the Bathroom Concert Series - HILARIOUS!)
Milkshake - Kelis (Pretty sure its played before "I Scream, You Scream, I Cant See My Ice Cream!")
So What - Pink (Ellen and Pink performed this for the Bathroom Concert Series)
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake Ft. Timbaland (Ellen playes it on the boombox whilst at the Shriners Golf Tournament with Justin, and also makes dance moves up to the song in a Vlog)
D**n Girl - Justin Timberlake (Played in the background when Ellen shows video footage of her photoshoot at W Magazine)
Shut Up And Drive - Rihanna (Played pretty much every time Ellen gives away a car)
Halle Berry (Shes Fine) - Hurricane Chris (Ellen and Halle Berry dance to this on the show when Ellen shows the YouTube videos being made to it)
Gold Digger - Kanye West (Played when people are playing "Gold Digger" and now "Ellens Cash Clunker")
Hot In Herre - Nelly (Played when Portia walks onto her practice interview with Ellen)
I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry (Ellen and Katy performed this for Ellens Bathroom Concert Series)
Right Round - Flo Rida (Played many times on Ellen, such as when Ellen and Portia play Aw Snap during the practice interview, one of the songs played during the montage of the best moments from the first 1000 shows etc)
Calle Ocho - Pitbull (The song Ellen daced to for the famous Season 7 Premiere dance)
Gimme More - Britney Spears (Played when Paris changes the song in the car when her and Ellen go clubbing)
Stronger - Kanye West (Not sure if this is connected to the talk show, but i found a video on Youtube where Ellen gives a tour of her house, and this song plays in the background when Ellen introduces her "Posse" in the bathroom)
Ribbon in the Sky (Apparently this was Ellen and Portias first slow dance song at their wedding, and i think it was on Ellens playlist on the iPod she signed and auctioned for charity)
Signed, Sealed Delivered, Im Yours - Stevie Wonder (Played when Ellen reads letters in the segment "Signed, Sealed, Delivered")
Work It - Missy Elliott (Played before the game "Whistle While You Work It")
Today - Joshua Radin (I'll call it "Ellen and Portias Wedding Theme Song")
Closer - Ne-Yo (Played during one of the rehearsals, when Ellen sings into the tiny microphone)

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 03:14:07 PM
Thanks for the research Wearex316.

I'll agree with you that Yoshiki and Ellen may be a good mix. I'll give you that, though I'm more focused on their performance.

What song(s) do you think will fetch an ear to the audience? I certainly can't think of any. How "open" are they to music outside north america? X isn't exactly a pick up and listen type of band. It's an acquired taste in my opinion.

The length of their songs could be problematic to coincide with the show's schedule. Also I don't think anything too "rock"/loud would be acceptable judging by the list that Wearex316 provided. Perhaps a shortened version of Rusty Nail?

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 04:43:08 PM
here are some bands i found that played on Ellen
    *  Adam Lambert
    * Allison Iraheta
    * Angel Taylor
    * Bon Jovi
    * Carrie Underwood
    * Corinne Bailey Rae
    * Harry Connick Jr.
    * Ingrid Michaelson
    * Gloriana
    * Jay Sean
    * Jennifer Lopez
    * John Mayer
    * Joshua Radin
    * Justin Bieber
    * Keith Urban
    * Kris Allen
    * Lady Antebellum
    * Lady Gaga
    * Leona Lewis
    * LMFAO
    * Mary J. Blige
    * Matt Morris
    * Michael Bublé
    * Mika
    * Nick Jonas and the Administration
    * OneRepublic
    * Orianthi
    * Rickie Lee Jones & Ben Harper
    * Rihanna
    * Robin Thicke
    * Selena Gomez
    * The Script
    * Tim McGraw
    * Train

One of Ellen’s Favorites: Joshua Radin

Simply put, Joshua Radin is one of Ellen’s favorite musicians. In 2008, Joshua and Ellen met at a charity event and she invited him to perform on the show that week. His beautiful music left such an impression on Ellen, she later asked him to sing at her wedding in a romantic private ceremony. It was a touching performance she will never forget.

no X???

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:54:30 PM
Don't know Ellen, but I'm sure that X Japan will do whatever they want to do ...and whatever they do, they will get succes and new fans!