Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149010

Offline dethbylasercanon

• View Profile
Reply #420 on: January 15, 2010, 05:50:58 PM
I highly doubt Yoshiki paid models to be there. I sure didn't see any!
There was a nice mix of average people/metalheads/cosplayers/jrockers/japanese people.

Look at the videos from the crowd, you'll hear people singing along, shouting out the band members names, shouting names of songs (I kept shouting for Rose of Pain lol) fans telling nonfans the band's history ect. Stuff models prlly wouldn't do even if they were paid.

There were a few people who came by not knowing a thing about X and stuck around for a while and alot of passers by throughout the day. People starting gathering around 4 so maybe they just started counting people in the crowd+people passing from 4-till the time the band left (which was 9, I think)

So 8000 could be a plausible number, or they could just be rounding up from 7500 or somthing iono lol

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #421 on: January 15, 2010, 06:13:38 PM
ok first off did i ever say it was ok no i just stated that theres no reason to get all pissy over it. i guess many of you are not from the states cause crap like this is normal. rock/ metal is a dying genre over here. unless your some sold out band.(Daugherty nickleback rob tomas green day metallica) so trying to beef it up does not surprise me. everyone knows how big in to fashion Yoshiki is with VUK and everything. so models in the crowd doesn't surprise me at all. and of course there's gonna be tickets for friends that's a no brainer. there are always tickets for sponsors employees and business people or something. that is all normal and expected. its like that with sports too. yes it is not right and a band should never do that. but am i gonna let it ruin my day no.

what is starting to ruin my day is how much this forum has changed.
while everyone has been over here bitching and complaining about what X is doing wrong i post about six or more pictures of my daughter over the last week. mostly with hide and wearing my X necklace. has anyone cared just one. what happened to everyone. now say what you want but im a proud daddy and i want my pictures of her to be seen. especially by you guys. i hold you guys first in everything. i wasnt lying when i felt like we were all family here. and i was so proud to put those pics up for all you to see. but no one cared youd rather care about some stupid picture or complain about how ther new stuff sucks or yoshiki is so sold out. whatever

just something i had to get off my mind whats the point if i keep it inside. And no disrespect to you Hypno you have always had a kind word for me and my daughter and i thank you same goes for others a well that haven't been on here lately.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #422 on: January 15, 2010, 06:20:09 PM
I do love X Japan, I love their music, I buy their CD's, I've been to their shows (I travelled to frickin' Japan for their 2008 re-union shows and went to all 3 dates).

I love this band and I love the music - but it doesn't mean I have act like a blind sheep and gloss over the fact that the band and its management are making shameful decisions. It's not going to change my view on the music or make me like X Japan less - but it's still stuff which I find uncomfortable to endorse and as such am entitled under free speach to vent my dissatisfaction about.

If you are going to criticise my fandom because I am upset and saddenned about the way the band is behaving then I can't really say I think much of you or your concept of fandom.

Agreed.

The 'alleged' doctored photos doesn't in anyway influence my opinion of the band in terms of music ability or merit, they are simply one of my favourite bands ever. However, it greatly disappoints me that the management would even consider such shameless methods of promotion, although I am waiting for more to develop in this story to further my opinion on the matter.

On a related note, I personally don't agree with deifying musicians to the extent that they are infallible. Although a highly subjective matter, I can safely say that every single one of my favourite bands have their fair share of negatives and I will simply not ignore these to preserve the bands image.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: January 15, 2010, 06:41:20 PM
I highly doubt Yoshiki paid models to be there. I sure didn't see any!
There was a nice mix of average people/metalheads/cosplayers/jrockers/japanese people.

Look at the videos from the crowd, you'll hear people singing along, shouting out the band members names, shouting names of songs (I kept shouting for Rose of Pain lol) fans telling nonfans the band's history ect. Stuff models prlly wouldn't do even if they were paid.

There were a few people who came by not knowing a thing about X and stuck around for a while and alot of passers by throughout the day. People starting gathering around 4 so maybe they just started counting people in the crowd+people passing from 4-till the time the band left (which was 9, I think)

So 8000 could be a plausible number, or they could just be rounding up from 7500 or somthing iono lol
The models thing was at the Tokyo Dome concerts of May 2009, not the Hollywood event =) At Tokyo Dome they did really put some nice chicks on front rows just to appear on TV, and they weren't from Violet UK.

And really Wearex316, i'm happy that you have a daughter and all, but that doesn't mean that I have to change any opinion or that I can't criticize the band. X Japan is and will be my favorite band ever and you don't know how much i've done to defend them sometimes, but we have to accept that they've been doing some bad things lately and photoshopping pictures is the last one. If only 1000 people went to the event, fine, it's perfect for an event that was announced few days before and in which they weren't performing live, even with 1000 people it's a success, but photoshopping crowd pictures because you invented that 8000 people were there, no, that's wrong.

And the pics come from YSK Entertainment, X Japan promoters in the US.

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #424 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:58 PM
The 8000 people must be the number of people who passed by during the whole shooting, not that there was 8000 people there at the same time.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #425 on: January 15, 2010, 09:37:07 PM
wow im so glad people read. if you read what i wrote you would see that i said the whole photoshop thing is WRONG and SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. not once did i say it was ok. try reading what i wrote. sorry but im starting to get pissed now.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: January 15, 2010, 11:42:08 PM
I do love X Japan, I love their music, I buy their CD's, I've been to their shows (I travelled to frickin' Japan for their 2008 re-union shows and went to all 3 dates).

I love this band and I love the music - but it doesn't mean I have act like a blind sheep and gloss over the fact that the band and its management are making shameful decisions. It's not going to change my view on the music or make me like X Japan less - but it's still stuff which I find uncomfortable to endorse and as such am entitled under free speach to vent my dissatisfaction about.

If you are going to criticise my fandom because I am upset and saddenned about the way the band is behaving then I can't really say I think much of you or your concept of fandom.

Agreed.

The 'alleged' doctored photos doesn't in anyway influence my opinion of the band in terms of music ability or merit, they are simply one of my favourite bands ever. However, it greatly disappoints me that the management would even consider such shameless methods of promotion, although I am waiting for more to develop in this story to further my opinion on the matter.

On a related note, I personally don't agree with deifying musicians to the extent that they are infallible. Although a highly subjective matter, I can safely say that every single one of my favourite bands have their fair share of negatives and I will simply not ignore these to preserve the bands image.

I completely agree with both TG and Beauty/Broken. The “photoshopped” picture does not in any way change my opinion on the music, it is disappointing on the side of the management/whoever is responsible that they felt the need to do it and it is quite embarrassing as it is their big american debut but it in no way changes my love of the band or their music. They are not the first band/artist/famous person to use photoshop and they won't be the last but I just don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place as it just makes them look a bit silly, and yes it might not have anything to do with the members of the band themselves but as Ami earlier said earlier in the thread it is their name on the picture so it will reflect badly on them even if they weren't involved.

Plus, as TG said every band has negatives - there is no one perfect band (at least I haven’t found one that is without flaw) but just because you accept that doesn’t make you any less of a fan. I love X’s music and I totally respect the members of the band, but I don’t always agree with the choices they make or things they have done. X are only human, mistakes happen, bad decisions are sometimes made but their music is still awesome!

Also, maybe the 8000 people is the amount of people who signed up for the invite on the website?   

Xfans?

Reply #427 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:45 PM
Wearex316 your not wrong to stand up for the band. Your like the only person who is. You've got the name of this forum all wrong.

It's not X-freaks it's X/Yoshiki-haters.

@Ulquiorra : You have the classic metalhead ego. Metal is the best, Iron Maiden this Iron Maiden that. Yoshiki is stupid for what he did to us with the Dahlia album.Get it into you head X is not Iron Maiden. "I don't want Lady Gaga fans and Fall Out Boy fans liking X". Man who cares what you want people can like what ever music they like.

Who the heck is "Us" anyway. You probably only got into X 3 years ago and had no idea who they were in 1996 when the album came out.

I didn't want to direct this at you but on all the threads you just bash Yoshiki and anyone who doesn't agree, or doesn't understand Metal or whatever man.

I just stopped in to say weareX316 if you really don't like it round here just leave. It doesn't make you any less of an X fan. In fact spend your time listening to their music instead or reading pointless comments. Which I've now added too?

p.s. I used to be signed up to this forum in 06,07 and 08. It wasn't always like this. The X and Yoshiki hate.

The General idea in 06 was for any X fan if X reunited even for one concert they would be over the moon. It happens and those same fans complain. He didn't play 'Blue Bloood', "Nooooo".

And the photo who cares. Wah wah that blogger goes over and over about jrock photos like the Morrie one a few pages back just to get a few page hits aye.

I'm finished. The easy thing to do if you don't like my comment is attack my grammar. Thats always a good way to start a reply. Or ignore the comment.

We aren't are X

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #428 on: January 16, 2010, 12:35:52 AM
Xfans? there are no Yoshiki haters here. Some people (I'm not saying I'm one, but I'm not saying otherwise either) are just disappointed by some of the actions taken by X Japan's management and/or Yoshiki. It's never clear whether Yoshiki is behind those decisions or not, but since he is the head of the band, much of the anger gets directed to him. Some of the disappointment might be justified, a lot of it might not. But that's why this forum is for - open discussion. As you can read, a few pages back Ulquiorra changed his opinions on a few things (something I haven't seen in a while during an online argument). That means the discussion works and is justified.

I never want this forum to be all X Japan worshiping, ignoring all the mistakes they do forum, neither do I want it to become a place where people only bash the band for every little mistake they do. This is meant to be a place where people can find latest news, discuss their past, present and future activities in a constructive way - that means using valid arguments to back their thoughts.

Leaving the forum would be like running away from the problem - it won't make it go away. I have always believed in the possibility of constructive discussion, without the need to call anyone names or to insult anyone. As much as there are people, there are different opinions. If you truly don't like what is said in certain threads, you can just ignore those and have fun elsewhere in the forum. It's quite big you know :)

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: January 16, 2010, 12:59:25 AM
I agree with some people here,X/X JAPAN will always be my favorite band and it won't change my mind about them,but the thing about photoshopping crowds is really disappointing me.

The models thing was at the Tokyo Dome concerts of May 2009, not the Hollywood event =) At Tokyo Dome they did really put some nice chicks on front rows just to appear on TV, and they weren't from Violet UK.

I found this on http://www.theothereast.net/?p=1336 , though it wasn't Tokyo Dome Concerts May 2009,but it's interesting to know that X Japan management did hired models.

There's basically no time left, so this is why I am making this post here.

Is there anyone interested in attending the Dec. 31st X-Japan countdown live for free? My client needs 30 more non-japanese(including people who resemble japanese), to be a fan in the crowd of the X-Japan Countdown Live. You can receive a little guarantee at the end of the show, but it's a very small amount. But in any case, you can view the show for free. If you're interested, send me a PM, I won't discuss details here because this isn't a job listing forum, and I'm just putting this out in the open, for people interested in seeing X-Japan for free, and being able to receive a little cash for going.

It's at Akasaka Blitz on Dec. 31st, and you'll be required to stay until the end of the show, and your job is just to be a concert-goer, and enjoy yourself, that's it. You may or may not be filmed for the DVD. So if there are any X-Japan fans here living in Japan, in the Kanto region (or anyone willing to travel up there to see it - note your travel expense can't be covered if you're traveling from very far away, but if you love x-japan you can go see them for free ^^), then let me know! The trains run very very late this night so you will definitely be able to go home. And again, anyone you tell must not resemble Japanese in any way, and half-asians are allowed, only if they are girls. Sorry guys! ;/

Tell your friends!

http://ricoche.net/forums/showthread.php?p=86944

I really just don't understand why they did it,did Yoshiki lack of self confidence,I mean Akasaka Blitz is a smaller venue than Tokyo Dome,and it is X we're talking about,why should they hire people to be there.Rather than wasting some money on people who don't even know X,they could just give free tickets to fans by holding some contest.

Net

Reply #430 on: January 16, 2010, 01:46:27 AM
Two picture from a fans perspective, by Frandango:

Woot that's my X
;]

Offline dethbylasercanon

• View Profile
Reply #431 on: January 16, 2010, 02:23:15 AM
I think the 30 non japanese people for the new years eve gig could be to introdouce X-Japan to foreign people, so that when X-Japan comes to foreign countries there'll be people who of heard of them. (If that makes any sense)

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #432 on: January 16, 2010, 04:23:01 AM
I apologize if this comes off sounding terse. I am typing really fast because I have to get back to studying, but I wanted to say something.

#1: Nowhere on that post does it mention that 'the client' who needed the 30 people was X Japan. Many companies use large concerts and public events to promote themselves. They hire crowd walkers and 'profile' people to be seen with their logos.
#2: the end line regarding race, especially in an open call online like that, but even in an internal call, is something that any company with brains would know you can get your ass sued for.
#3: With their fame in Japan, and their wealth of pre-existent casting companies, (they have been at this for almost 30 years) do you REALLY think the band would have to advertise on line in a forum?! Yes the call may be legit for a smaller company calling for hirees, but I highly doubt it was posted by X or their agents.

I have spent a fair portion of my adult life on sets and in 'studio'. Buying beautiful people to seed a street crowd is not 'Yoshiki centric', nor is is some kind of hideous betrayal, anymore than a doctored photo by the agency/promoters/producers is. Both are common practice in the film industry. Many of the costumed people were paid to be in the interior night filming of the PV and simply hung around through the day for the rest of the shoot, most likely invited and well fed and partied. There is nothing unusual there. A head count would have been be taken for the glow sticks since they were to be given out to the first 1000 attendees. Because the streets weren't closed, some people walking by would have stopped to gawk, some will have chosen to stay, so it would be hard to take a proper head count and the crowd was constantly shifting. The shoot was many hours and few would have been comfortable to stand in one spot all that time. He or the producers post an open call for fans/extras, and Yoshiki gets faulted. If they/he had charged a fee, Yoshiki would be faulted. Frankly, I am glad he over looks the constant abuse from disgruntled and sometimes near postal 'fans' and remembers that there are real fans out there who actually appreciate his humanity and broad spectrum of talents.

As for the photo, IF the band was consulted at all, which may be unlikely, chances are they didn't blink about the change because doctoring photos is common practice in the film and publishing fields. What is sad about this particular photo is that it is so obvious. Someone on that blog said there had, in actuality, originally been camera cranes to the left of that shot, or at least nearby on the street. Most of us who have watched the videos have seen the camera cranes. They are not the prettiest things to look at and don't make for an aesthetic shot, so, photo editor erases cranes, clones crowd, et voila, pretty picture. If the photo was doctored to show a larger crowd for magazines exclusive to Japan, of course they would want to promote a larger crowd for their favourite sons. It would be confusing to see a small crowd attending an X promotion when the Japanese fans are used to seeing over 50,000 in attendance. So, changing the photo may very well have nothing to do with falsifying evidence and everything to do with simply making a good looking photo or it might be to ease the shock of reality for the Japanese fans who one doubts will travel to go to a Lollapalooza concert.

So, seeding the crowd was not some nefarious act to yet again betray the fans, it was simply business as usual, and every time someone pics up a magazine, 90% of all photographs are doctored to some degree. Instead of looking for reasons to hate someone, how about we start looking at everything that person has done to bring joy to our lives? Personally? I am not the one sitting on a fortune nor do I have an encyclopaedia worth of music sitting in faults in the US and Japan, so he must be doing something right. I wish him peace, health and happiness. 

ETA: DOH! Welcome to the newbies!! Sorry, you posted while I was typing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:37:48 AM by Faestian »

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #433 on: January 16, 2010, 04:32:21 AM
@Faestian- THANK YOU! Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the last part. <3

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #434 on: January 16, 2010, 04:53:45 AM
we also dont know if this was a X-hater who made the pics look at the vids there were alot of people there maybe not 8000 but alot. so take this however you want but who cares. don't change anything.

What? The image came from X Japan's management, it was given to media Outlets such as Barks, Oricon, Sanspo. This has clearly been doctored by sources close to the band. When the Japanese media find out they are going to rip the band to shreds - the paparazzi over there are ruthless.

Oh no, and I was thinking, "Why would X-Japan/management docter a photo? To impress the people, make them think "Wow, look at how many fans they have." "

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #435 on: January 16, 2010, 07:45:51 AM
@Faestian well at least im not alone. could not have said it better myself. well done

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #436 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:24 AM
Thank you Faestian! Well said. :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:33 AM
@Ulquiorra : You have the classic metalhead ego. Metal is the best, Iron Maiden this Iron Maiden that. Yoshiki is stupid for what he did to us with the Dahlia album.Get it into you head X is not Iron Maiden. "I don't want Lady Gaga fans and Fall Out Boy fans liking X". Man who cares what you want people can like what ever music they like.

Well if you actually kept up with things and read my latest posts you'd know I've practically changed my entire opinion on that so you're talking about something which I mostly don't believe in anymore. There is one part of that I still have to stand by, "I don't want Lady Gaga fans and Fall Out Boy fans liking X". I'm sorry, I don't care if Lady ga Ga fans or Fallout Boy fans would like to see a band like X, I would rather not have X-Japan selling out and creating crap music like them (I'm *not* saying they do right now) and just look pretty on stage/music videos to get fans like those. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm telling those fans/the band what to think, I'm not, I'm highly suggesting it would be a very bad move to sellout and get those type of fallout boy fans and they should try and avoid it.

People have disagreed with me on a lot of things, but I think most of us (if not all) can agree that we don't want X-Japan to start jumping around, wanking the guitar strings like today's mainstream bands do, just so they can get popular with mainstream fans of bands like green Day & Fallout boy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:00:51 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: January 16, 2010, 02:41:13 PM
Did Yoshiki really pay (western) models to attend the May Tokyo Dome concerts?  I did notice a lot of the western girls there were rather lovely and received some (camera) attention.  Well, I was there and the camera certainly didn't pay me any attention.  LOL!  Oh, and I definitely paid (a lot) for MY tickets!  Nothing from Yoshiki...:(

They are models from h.NAOTO's fashion show for VUK. They got special tickets! Some are Yoshiki's friends or working with Yoshiki.

Oh, yeah.  The girls on stage were part of that.  I know.  I just meant regular girls in the crowd.  I mean, whether they're beautiful or not doesn't bother me (and whether or not Yoshiki arranged it or not doesn't bother me either).  What I meant was I just noticed a lot of nice looking (western) girls near the front of the stage at their concerts.  To be honest, I was thinking "How did those lucky girls get such good seats???"  I nearly killed myself to get tickets (I mean it...I had to book online, all in Japanese, at a particular time...stress!!!!). 

Anyway, good for those girls!  I just can't help but wonder how they scored such good seats.  :)

We are X!!!!!

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: January 16, 2010, 08:22:25 PM
As for the photo, IF the band was consulted at all, which may be unlikely, chances are they didn't blink about the change because doctoring photos is common practice in the film and publishing fields. What is sad about this particular photo is that it is so obvious. Someone on that blog said there had, in actuality, originally been camera cranes to the left of that shot, or at least nearby on the street. Most of us who have watched the videos have seen the camera cranes. They are not the prettiest things to look at and don't make for an aesthetic shot, so, photo editor erases cranes, clones crowd, et voila, pretty picture. If the photo was doctored to show a larger crowd for magazines exclusive to Japan, of course they would want to promote a larger crowd for their favourite sons.

This.

I never made a big fuzz about the photoshops, just chuckled, because I've also worked for media before. The reasons for editing a photo can be from as simple as "I don't like this shadow" to an intricate and elaborate agenda-setting, in other words, manipulating people's view on certain event. It's just an everyday thing for me, so I'm just like "oh, they did that". Same thing with the speculation of hiring models/groupies for their presentations, these are all just show business tools, which I frankly don't give a crap about. What I give a crap about is on what they actually do with their music. As another guy above said, they can play after Lady Gaga, Green Day, use american strategies, I don't care. If you make awesome music like always, everything else will pale in comparison.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #440 on: January 16, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
 @ radicalblues: ;D Yup.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: January 16, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
As for the photo, IF the band was consulted at all, which may be unlikely, chances are they didn't blink about the change because doctoring photos is common practice in the film and publishing fields. What is sad about this particular photo is that it is so obvious. Someone on that blog said there had, in actuality, originally been camera cranes to the left of that shot, or at least nearby on the street. Most of us who have watched the videos have seen the camera cranes. They are not the prettiest things to look at and don't make for an aesthetic shot, so, photo editor erases cranes, clones crowd, et voila, pretty picture. If the photo was doctored to show a larger crowd for magazines exclusive to Japan, of course they would want to promote a larger crowd for their favourite sons.

This.

I never made a big fuzz about the photoshops, just chuckled, because I've also worked for media before. The reasons for editing a photo can be from as simple as "I don't like this shadow" to an intricate and elaborate agenda-setting, in other words, manipulating people's view on certain event. It's just an everyday thing for me, so I'm just like "oh, they did that". Same thing with the speculation of hiring models/groupies for their presentations, these are all just show business tools, which I frankly don't give a crap about. What I give a crap about is on what they actually do with their music. As another guy above said, they can play after Lady Gaga, Green Day, use american strategies, I don't care. If you make awesome music like always, everything else will pale in comparison.

Noone said anything about wether they play after Lady Gaga or green Day or not, I was talking however about wether X will copy their horrible style of music or not, in which case they would not be making awesome music like always.

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: January 17, 2010, 04:45:31 AM
Oh, I can't give an opinion on that since I haven't heard either artist more than 10 seconds, and that was in a cellphone tone.

I crossed the cables in my mind thinking about the Lollapalooza, if they do play in there this year, they're probably gonna be "related" with bands such as Green Day. I want to make emphasis in that some people might not like that fact, but for me it's really unimportant, what matters is what you do on stage, not what happens outside of it. Just look at 1994-1997 X JAPAN, they were... quite a weird band... outside the stage. Really sporadic recordings (Dahlia was almost a single-collection), lots of cancellations, but everyone shut their mouths and drooled as soon as they saw them perform. That's what they need to do now, at the very least.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: January 17, 2010, 02:11:30 PM
For me the only important thing is: hell!!!!They are again doing things together and mayby, once in my life I could have the chance to see X Japan on stage live!!! Whenever they may come to Paris.
All the rest: not important for me, as long as they are able to perform and doing things together I am happy!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #444 on: January 17, 2010, 03:40:47 PM
For me the only important thing is: hell!!!!They are again doing things together and mayby, once in my life I could have the chance to see X Japan on stage live!!! Whenever they may come to Paris.
All the rest: not important for me, as long as they are able to perform and doing things together I am happy!

I agree, I think it will be really nice for people like yourself and many of these fans on this forum to have the opportunity to see them perform. The filming in Hollywood itself already states their intentions to do something this year, and hopefully it will culminate in some shows in the west :)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: January 20, 2010, 02:50:46 PM
I'm with Ann1958 :D

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #446 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:28 AM
Just wanna say something both as industry and as a photographer.

Its pretty much the same thing.
PHOTO EDITING HAPPENS ON ALL PHOTOS THAT ARE PUBLISHED!
Holes in a crowd look bad, so they get filled in.
Makes the picture look better.

Also, every, EVERY single photo you have ever seen, in a mag, in the news, EVERYTHING, Has been shopped and edited to HELL. Stop complaining, it happens, nothing new.

And, there were quite alot of people who stopped there that night.
From up where I was standing, I saw the crowd grow, shrink, grow, shrink.
They most prob had people counting if anything.

It was extremly busy that night.

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #447 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23:06 AM
Japanese Metal Supergroup "X Japan" Selects Talent From Wild Models, Inc. Talent Agency for New Music Video - Press release:

"HOLLYWOOD, CA, March 12, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Japanese metal supergroup, X Japan, selected former Playmates, Barbara Moore and Irina Voronina of Wild Models, Inc. Talent Agency for a new music video."

[---]

"Both stunning blondes, Moore and Voronina each have extensive experience in modeling, television, and film.

Owner/CEO, Kurt Clements, of Wild Models, Inc. Talent Agency, had this to say of the decision to cast the former Playmates, "...we are so happy to provide Barbara Moore and Irina Voronina for X Japan's latest video, both Irina and Barbara are amazing and accomplished model/actresses and have contributed so much to the visibility of our agency and its reputation for providing professional talent.""

To view the whole press release, see here or here

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #448 on: March 12, 2010, 12:21:11 PM
so X is gonna soot in Hollywood again i wonder when my girls there now.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: March 12, 2010, 01:29:33 PM
so X is gonna soot in Hollywood again i wonder when my girls there now.

I am not sure if the article refers to another new music video shoot or if it is actually referring to them being used in the Hollywood shoot in January? 

"Wild Models, Inc. Talent Agency provided talents and former Playmates, Irina Voronina and Barbara Moore, for the Japanese metal supergroup 'X Japan', during a music video shot in downtown Hollywood." from the link Hypno provided (http://media.einnews.com/247pr/131997).

This is written in past tense so it could refer to the January shoot rather than a new one and they have just got round to publishing the press release. I don't know though - that is just what I interpreted from it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:31:19 PM by ElefeX »