X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149016

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:03 AM
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/01/12/01.html
I don't know about festivals' thing at all, but this says about Lollapalooza,
X JAPAN will perform on the main stage ラストから3番目 with the sponsor's offer.

ラストから3番目 is translated into English, the third from the last?
I'm not good at English :(
Anyway, ラストから3番目 means, X JAPAN will perform, and the next band will perform, and the last band will perform.
This article doesn't mention on which day X JAPAN will appearance.

I think we're all here already read this article,and according to google translate (I can't read Japanese,sorry),that X JAPAN is offered to play,means it's not yet confirmed.And as far as I know Yoshiki is still on negotiating state (maybe it also concern about hide's hologram/screenshot).

Offline k

• View Profile
Reply #391 on: January 14, 2010, 05:43:26 AM
i'm new here. i might be later for this, but i was there at the shooting, it was amazing being there to see X "play" those songs right in front of us. As everyone knows, it was all pre-recorded, and as far as i remember there was no Loudness cover. Anyhow, i just wanted to share some video i took from the event. I noticed that on Jade there was some shredding going on, however i was not able to capture it :(. I was not able to record the songs fully, but the quality is great...ust don't mind my singing XD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTHp9hhNjr8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJVfvEOao4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxzEllL2a8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nblFllPK1A[/youtube]

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #392 on: January 14, 2010, 06:48:51 AM
Welcome K, and thanks for posting these! It's great to be able to share even a little of the energy that must have been so intense there on the street.  ;D Love these.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #393 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:33 AM
thats awesome k i wish i was there. and dont worry about the singing i doubt any of us can sound as perfect as Toshi.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: January 14, 2010, 02:28:59 PM
hide died in 1998 so doesn't 2010 mean it's the 12 anniversary since his death?  I refer to "The stage was set to the 13th death anniversary of guitarist HIDE".  13 was also used in an article I read in regards to the memorial services being planned in Tokyo this year at Honganji.  Is my maths that bad?

Or, is this the Japanese style of counting?  I mean, the number of months of pregnancy is counted differently to the West.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #395 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:44 PM
As I understood, the Japanese count the number of memorials a person has had, with the first one being the funeral. So if for us it's the 12th, for them it's the 13th.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: January 14, 2010, 05:11:34 PM
Yes, Hypno.  I just answered my own question!  I'm reading the latest copy of "My Space from JP" (magazine) which has a feature article on hide (he's on the cover).  That pesky number 13 came up again along with the word 回忌 (anniversary of somebody's death).  Where the Japanese says the "3rd" or "7th" anniversary (for eg) the English is saying the "2nd" or "6th".  After all this time living here in Japan I didn't know that's how they counted.  Still so much to learn!

Thanks again.  I really appreciate people answering all my (obsure) questions.

We are X!!!!!

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: January 14, 2010, 09:31:08 PM
Here is a pretty good audio version of jade, for anyone who may not have found it yet. ^_^

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: January 15, 2010, 07:29:34 AM
I just found this article from X Boards http://fundyphotographics.blogspot.com/index.html#5082505093858476667 ,that says people who came at X JAPAN filming were actually photoshopped,idk I think it's just funny and sad at the same time if that's true.

Offline daisy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: January 15, 2010, 08:44:32 AM
hide died in 1998 so doesn't 2010 mean it's the 12 anniversary since his death?  I refer to "The stage was set to the 13th death anniversary of guitarist HIDE".  13 was also used in an article I read in regards to the memorial services being planned in Tokyo this year at Honganji.  Is my maths that bad?

Or, is this the Japanese style of counting?  I mean, the number of months of pregnancy is counted differently to the West.

There are 2 ways of counting in Japan.
Japanese counts numbers, ages, and other things with the same way as yours generally.

But Japanese sometimes uses the other way, the way we count ages/years one more than the usual counting.
I often hear the way used related to the Buddhism memorial services after one's death in Japan.
And there are some important memorial years after one's death related to Buddhism.
(I don't know whether Buddhism in other countries has this memorial thing.)

The important memorial years are a little different on each area, or each Buddhism denomination in Japan,
but I think 3rd, 7th, 13th are very famous and common for Japanese Buddhists.

So, as Hide died on 1998, 2010 is the 13th anniversary year which is important in Japan.

And about hide memorial summit on 2008, they said it was on 10th anniversary year.
We count the years with the general way in this case,
because hide memorial summit had nothing to do with Buddhism.

By the way, I think it's nice that X members can attend the 13th memorial services for Hide as X members.
Hiroshi said the next will be 23th, but nobody knows whether X will be active at that time.
So it may be the only opportunity for them to attend Hide's important year's memorial services as X members.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:04 AM
Hmm this is interesting, I did think the 8,000 people claim was kinda BS, but then I did take into account that there were non fans and bystanders passing through. If they did shop the photos, I wonder why, was it at X's request? Or just the Japanese media wanting to put more of a spin on the event? Either way if some of the photos are doctored, I hope that they don't do it again because it could hurt them in the long run...

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #401 on: January 15, 2010, 12:13:10 PM
i highly doubt yoshiki and X had anything to do with this. dont know who but doubt its X. prob one of the companys. whatever dont really matter to me. this will get straighted out soon hopefully. and does it really matter not to us. doubt it would effect any show they had in the US. weither its true or not X fans will still show.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #402 on: January 15, 2010, 01:06:12 PM
I just found this article from X Boards http://fundyphotographics.blogspot.com/index.html#5082505093858476667 ,that says people who came at X JAPAN filming were actually photoshopped,idk I think it's just funny and sad at the same time if that's true.

Oh good lord that's sad. >(
And when I looked closer, I saw more than one person who appartly had a twin somewhere in the crowd.
So far, I've seen 4 duplicated people (including the two the site already mentions).
That image isn't one of the images released by the official staff (as far as I know), since apparently it only appeared on the Barks website. So it's most probably their work.

The 8000 people does seem suspicious, but I'm pretty sure they counted all the people who passed by during the whole day (and stopped for a bit), not the number of people at any certain point in time, which makes the 8000 more realistic.

EDIT: Nope, it also appears on Natalie.mu, Oricon and Sanspo. So it's probably made by the staff on X's side. That doesn't mean it was ordered by Yoshiki though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:17:10 PM by Hypno »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: January 15, 2010, 03:01:08 PM
If the order came from Yoshiki or not is beside the point, clearly some high level figure within X Japan's management has asked for this and as such we just have to accept what they've done. There is also some evidence floating around the net that Yoshiki paid for models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members.

It's quite simple really, if the X Japan brand is going to sell in America it needs to be displayed in the best light - too bad they've been figured out. I can almost hear the Lollapalooza negotiations breaking down now that this has been discovered.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #404 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:01 PM
I can almost hear the Lollapalooza negotiations breaking down now that this has been discovered.
i doubt this will change anything if its true they wernt offered to play (if they were) because of the people at hollywood it was cause of there music. as far as models i know they were hired for the Jade video.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: January 15, 2010, 03:34:41 PM
Kind of getting annoyed at people going "omg Yoshiki would nevfer do this!" even though this is the exact kind of behavior he's shown in the past and is one of the reasons I don't like him personally.

He sells out all the time with his thousands of merchandise items like X-Japan curry for example, and the whole Yoshikitty thing recently, we saw that he payed models to go to the May Tokyo Dome shows (there were fans that were brought onto the stage who X apologised to because they came from the countries where they constantly cancelled shows and wasted everyones money, but I don't think it was those girls) to try and make it look as though lots of fans from America came to see them.

This is exactly the kind of stunt he would pull, however, I'm not completely pissed off at him for this, this move is kind of understandable, their first appearence needed to look big in order for them to get anywhere in the U.S. But I still don't really think he should've done this.

What have you guys ever seen from Yoshiki when he shows off/advertises himself and his X/Yoshiki products that *doesn't* make you think he would do this kind of thing?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:38:48 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #406 on: January 15, 2010, 03:46:16 PM
Did Yoshiki really pay (western) models to attend the May Tokyo Dome concerts?  I did notice a lot of the western girls there were rather lovely and received some (camera) attention.  Well, I was there and the camera certainly didn't pay me any attention.  LOL!  Oh, and I definitely paid (a lot) for MY tickets!  Nothing from Yoshiki...:(

We are X!!!!!

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: January 15, 2010, 03:47:01 PM
If the order came from Yoshiki or not is beside the point, clearly some high level figure within X Japan's management has asked for this and as such we just have to accept what they've done. There is also some evidence floating around the net that Yoshiki paid for models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members.

It's quite simple really, if the X Japan brand is going to sell in America it needs to be displayed in the best light - too bad they've been figured out. I can almost hear the Lollapalooza negotiations breaking down now that this has been discovered.

This is too much allegation! What the evidence ?! I have read many reports from people who intended to join and people who passed by the event. Nobody mentions anything about [I saw many /models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members./] Many fan clips are floating around Youtube, whom you think they are /models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members./ ?!

Please stop discredit the band when they are working hard. They have their point and attitude. Whatever they've done, these are just for advertisement. I don't think they will perform in LA with these no. of attendances. I think they had tested for American Market and now they've get some fact.

Yoshiki just wants to have live performance everywhere in the world as a performer spirit in his mind. In the other hand, he can't do it while thinking of the business. He is the president of Extasy Co. Ltd., but he can't make decision for all activities of X Japan. He can't know everything ! Don't picture Yoshiki can do verything in his business or his office. X Japan is under X Japan Management Committee, at least there are 5 companies under this name take care of X Japan. They take care every thing under X Japan brand.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:58:55 PM by purplexpride »

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: January 15, 2010, 03:49:07 PM
Did Yoshiki really pay (western) models to attend the May Tokyo Dome concerts?  I did notice a lot of the western girls there were rather lovely and received some (camera) attention.  Well, I was there and the camera certainly didn't pay me any attention.  LOL!  Oh, and I definitely paid (a lot) for MY tickets!  Nothing from Yoshiki...:(

They are models from h.NAOTO's fashion show for VUK. They got special tickets! Some are Yoshiki's friends or working with Yoshiki.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: January 15, 2010, 03:51:36 PM

This is too much allegation! What the evidence ?! I have read many reports from people who intended to join and people who passed by the event. Nobody mentions anything about [I saw many /models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members./] Many fan clips are floating around Youtube, whom you think they are /models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members./ ?!

Please stop discredit the band when they are working hard. They have their point and attitude. Whatever they've done, these are just for advertisement. I don't think they will perform in LA with these no. of the attendance. I think they had tested for American Market and now they've get some fact.

Yoshiki just wants to have live performance everywhere in the world as a performer spirit in his mind. In the other hand, he can't do it while thinking of the business. He is the president of Extasy Co. Ltd., but he can't make decision for all activities of X Japan. He can't know everything ! Don't picture Yoshiki can do very think in his business or his office. X Japan is under X Japan Management Committee, at least there are 5 companies under this name take care of X Japan. They take care every thing under X Japan brand.  

Look at the image, it's been doctored. Don't take your anger out on me, I couldn't care less if you're but-hurt about it.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #410 on: January 15, 2010, 03:58:30 PM
we also dont know if this was a X-hater who made the pics look at the vids there were alot of people there maybe not 8000 but alot. so take this however you want but who cares. don't change anything.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: January 15, 2010, 04:05:23 PM
we also dont know if this was a X-hater who made the pics look at the vids there were alot of people there maybe not 8000 but alot. so take this however you want but who cares. don't change anything.

What? The image came from X Japan's management, it was given to media Outlets such as Barks, Oricon, Sanspo. This has clearly been doctored by sources close to the band. When the Japanese media find out they are going to rip the band to shreds - the paparazzi over there are ruthless.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #412 on: January 15, 2010, 04:06:12 PM

They are models from h.NAOTO's fashion show for VUK. They got special tickets! Some are Yoshiki's friends or working with Yoshiki.
Wow thanks for clearing that up. And to think I even believed that crap :P

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: January 15, 2010, 04:06:29 PM

Look at the image, it's been doctored. Don't take your anger out on me, I couldn't care less if you're but-hurt about it.

I don't say about the imaged of the crowd, but about you said the evidence Yoshiki paid for models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members. is the point!

Yes, you can careless.  I won't care who will understand, but I show my attitude.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: January 15, 2010, 04:08:41 PM

I don't say about the imaged of the crowd, but about you said the evidence Yoshiki paid for models and beautiful people to attend the event posing as legitimate crowd members. is the point!

Yes, you can careless.  I won't care who will understand, but I show my attitude.

I think that when Lee Miller from The Other East investigated it during the March Dome shows he was certainly onto something.

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: January 15, 2010, 04:19:55 PM

I think that when Lee Miller from The Other East investigated it during the March Dome shows he was certainly onto something.

This is an evidence for 'X Japan filming in Hollywood' ?!   

well... I think I'm enough. I don't like English community because it's not my native language and so different attitude. So, believe what make you feel comfortable with. Support X Japan when you feel they are worth. Don't just download everything from their hard working and then sit back and criticized them.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #416 on: January 15, 2010, 05:15:59 PM

This is an evidence for 'X Japan filming in Hollywood' ?!   

well... I think I'm enough. I don't like English community because it's not my native language and so different attitude. So, believe what make you feel comfortable with. Support X Japan when you feel they are worth. Don't just download everything from their hard working and then sit back and criticized them.
you read my mind. since i came back on here after being off here for about 9 months. ive notice alot of X hating in here. alot of X shouldnt this And X shouldnt that or Yoshiki shouldnt this blah blah blah. Will this picture change how you feel about them? if your as much as die hard fans as you say you are this wont change nothing. you will still go to sell out there shows. buy shirts and cds. And every time they scream WE ARE you will still scream X. so why care it is what it is. you actully think other bands dont do this. i can almost garentee it they do.  yea it sucks major ass but thats life. i dont know. things we have no control of i try not to let bother me to much. kinda pointless.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: January 15, 2010, 05:27:17 PM
^ I agree, I will always stay an X fan no matter what, I've been a fan for too long to let something like this turn me against them. On the other hand I think it sucks because it might hurt their chances with non fans. You'd have to think from a new persons perspective, would you really give a band you've never heard before that put out doctored photos of their first debut in an other country a chance? I don't think that they would, and I don't think that I would either, they would just seem synthetic to me. I'm just upset because of this, and I want them to be successful over here, I really do. Long story short, I will always support X Japan no matter what, but am saddened by this dishonesty :'(

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:53 PM
I do love X Japan, I love their music, I buy their CD's, I've been to their shows (I travelled to frickin' Japan for their 2008 re-union shows and went to all 3 dates).

I love this band and I love the music - but it doesn't mean I have act like a blind sheep and gloss over the fact that the band and its management are making shameful decisions. It's not going to change my view on the music or make me like X Japan less - but it's still stuff which I find uncomfortable to endorse and as such am entitled under free speach to vent my dissatisfaction about.

If you are going to criticise my fandom because I am upset and saddenned about the way the band is behaving then I can't really say I think much of you or your concept of fandom.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: January 15, 2010, 05:29:30 PM
Well, if it was the management itself (or someone close) who changed the picture AND then gave it to the press without noticing the obvious photoshopping, then they all deserve to get fired. I 100% agree that other bands are doing such a thing too - they just don´t get caught. If true this is damn embarassing imo.