• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149026

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27:52 PM
Ah, that's what I meant, Download Festival, don't know why I forgot that, thanks TG, but yeah, Download Festival, Ozzfest ect. Those are the main kinds of festivals where the band will have to be careful with what they play.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:29:55 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: January 12, 2010, 09:52:31 PM
Download Festival, really? Bands like 30 Seconds to Mars, Motorhead, HIM, etc. they're many kind of bands there, I think X would perfectly fit.

hi there

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54:23 PM
I'm sure that bands like Blind Guardian, Heaven & Hell turn up to download sometimes, and also, its all still metal so you have to remember all the ballads X have, would those fit there? Because that's what their current world tour set list is.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: January 12, 2010, 10:02:18 PM
World Tour? What World Tour?

If they play in a festival, they will play like 7-8 songs and only one of them will be a ballad, most of the 'must play' are rock songs.

hi there

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:17 PM
World Tour? What World Tour?

If they play in a festival, they will play like 7-8 songs and only one of them will be a ballad, most of the 'must play' are rock songs.

Here's another interesting point, given how much of a break X Japan takes between every 3 or 4 songs and the small amount of stage time allocated at these festivals, can you really see Yoshiki playing an 8 song set without X Japan's usual pomp and ceremony?

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #365 on: January 12, 2010, 10:21:07 PM
X Japan Festival setlist:

Opening
Amethsyt
Prologue ~ World Anthem
X
Say Anything (S.E)

;)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: January 12, 2010, 10:26:04 PM

Opening
Amethsyt
Prologue ~ World Anthem
X
Say Anything (S.E)

;)

forget X there must be Yoshiki's drum&piano solo in there

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:05 PM
At least there's no endless rain...

I can perfectly see Yoshiki playing an 8 song setlist, with just one ballad and in the middle it would be fine, did they stop at the countdown gig? i can't remember now

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #368 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:04 PM
Yup, the songs are just too damn long for a festival.

And another article with some extra pics of the spectators: http://labelnetworks.com/stories.php?id=511 (don't get started on their analysis about the whole visual kei thing, if you want to, make another topic please :P )

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: January 12, 2010, 10:36:44 PM

Opening
Amethsyt
Prologue ~ World Anthem
X
Say Anything (S.E)

;)

forget X there must be Yoshiki's drum&piano solo in there

Um, how about we don't get rid of one of the few old songs they actually play, especially since its like their anthem song.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: January 12, 2010, 10:38:06 PM
And maybe theyre most powerful number live.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #371 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:04 PM
That article fails to acknowledge the existence of the other band members :(

Also the setlist was just a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously  ;D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:21 PM
That article fails to acknowledge the existence of the other band members :(

there are other band members? ithought it was yoshiki with hide and some other guys /joke

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: January 12, 2010, 11:45:15 PM
;D

shane140

Reply #374 on: January 12, 2010, 11:50:05 PM
^ ahahahaha. Brilliant.  ;D

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #375 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:42 AM
HAHAHA NICE STUPID KANYE

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: January 13, 2010, 12:08:27 AM
XDDD, that's genious.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:39 AM
Ahahaha, that was amazing. I think some wee came out!

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #378 on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:49 AM
I can tell you one thing they would have to sing in English. people in the US will just get annoyed and lose interest. you don't have many non English bands playing festivals like that except dir en grey. look how we are with Spanish songs Americans in general hate having to listen to people speak in another language. you should see the looks me and my girl get when shes speaking spanish on the phone when were out. it would have to be targeted just for X fans.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: January 13, 2010, 12:46:15 AM
Don't know whether or not this person has heard of X Japan before but regardless, they've already stated on the official Lolla forums that they think X Japan would be the "worst poster that could play Lolla 2010"

http://www.lollapalooza.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=740073&mpage=7&key=&#756408

God I really hope Yoshiki doesn't decide to do this...there's so many better things that could be done with the time/money...=/

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: January 13, 2010, 12:57:23 AM
The thread also says Muse, RCHP, Nickelback and Lady Gaga with many more. There will always be haters, it's only one fucker.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #381 on: January 13, 2010, 01:09:49 AM
download fest would be perfect. X and metallica if they play there again. ozzfest would be to hardcore for them. at ozzfest X would be a cute furry kitty the ozzfest crowd would be a big scary dog biting there heads off. remember what happened to nickleback when they tried to play a metal festival.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: January 13, 2010, 01:12:13 AM
yoshiki is not gonna change his opinion for just a single person posting in a forum...

hi there

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #383 on: January 13, 2010, 01:23:54 AM
in case you forgot or didnt know

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU[/youtube]

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #384 on: January 13, 2010, 01:35:06 AM
The Lolla crowd will consist mainly of:

indie noise hipsters - people who worship pitchfork media and their indie-favouring reviews. Usually ultra criticial of anything mainstream or not highly rated amongst their own circles. Often seen hanging around the small tents with the really unknown (but up and coming) musicians.

The casual day out fan - fans who are there just to drink, party and soak in the atmosphere. Usually they only recognise the really famous bands and just hang around DJ/hip hop tents until someone like Lady GaGa comes on the main stage.

Veterans - Locals who attend every Lollapalooza, they usually only arrive in the afternoon to catch 4 or 5 big acts.

Main Event fans - People who are there just to see the headliner, everything else is a bonus. A day ticket usually costs just a tiny bit more than a regular ticket for a big star like Jay-Z, so why not pay a tiny bit extra and see 4 bonus acts before Jay-Z's 90 minute performance.

Best case scenario: X Japan get an evening slot for the second stage, while the artist on the main stage is someone truly detested by a lot of fans, someone like Nickelback. All the casual fans would stay but everyone else would either get food, rest or see X Japan. Also hoping that the smaller stages have stopped for the night. Don't expect much reaction from the fans who are new to X Japan, they'll probably just stand still and clap at the end. But at least they got a lot of exposure and maybe some new fans!

Worst case scenario: X Japan get a headlining slot for second stage. They clash with Beastie Boys, Daft Punk or Muse. Meanwhile on the dance/hip hop stage, a massive hipster act like Animal Collective will lure all the hipsters and dance fans. Thus leaving X with a 2 hour set for a few hundred people (maybe less).

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

ben

Reply #385 on: January 13, 2010, 02:00:51 AM
the exposure would be good, but they would be better off playing their own shows and presenting themselves as they are rather than trying to fit them into a mainstream festival schedule, most of which is full of the indie, hip music out there that sells, and hence the kind of people who listen to them.. they might like their look and appearance but not value the quality or depth of the music

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: January 13, 2010, 02:43:38 AM
Well I'd rather see them with the 20 million+ fans and great respectable music they have now, rather than them become tacky sellouts like Fallout Boy with 5 billion meaningless fans.

agreeeee
Agreed.

PS - Leeds/Reading festival is mostly brit-pop/indie orientated with artists like Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight and Kings of Leon. Something like 'Download festival' in June features more metal bands.

Ex denxdenx

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: January 13, 2010, 11:43:33 PM
I just read this article http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg68054;topicseen#msg68054
I think if the lolla event is true,Yoshiki will find difficulties to bring hide to play eh.

in case you forgot or didnt know

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU[/youtube]

that's scary and humiliating.

Futhermore,I won't take easily on news about them playing @lolla,since Yoshiki himself hasn't confirm the right schedule yet :D

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #388 on: January 14, 2010, 01:07:43 AM
i found this

♣  X JAPAN Filming in Hollywood

♦  musicJAPANplus
X JAPAN to Conquer the West as a Band of 6 and YOSHIKI Moved Deeply.
Just recently X JAPAN have been filming their footage for their 5 song videos totaling and amount of 500.000.000 Yen in expense, in Los Angeles, California, USA.

The stage was set to the 13th death anniversary of guitarist HIDE, with his guitar set up and YOSHIKI said [Today, HIDE has been with us the whole time.] As "6 members" of the band the filming had been taking place in the center of Hollywood, making a dream come true like that. [I am moved for the sake of TOSHI, as well as for HIDE. It is like a drama. Only the scenes and the measures are different.] YOSHIKI stated as the tears on his cheeks reflected a million different emotions.

The shoot, which took place from January 6th to the 14th, was made for the new song "Jade", which is also connected to the "revival of "Kurenai", somewhat of a new song in a wider perspective as well." These songs were followed by "Rusty Nail", "ENDLESS RAIN" and "I.V.".

YOSHIKI, who is an avid fan of Loas Angeles explained deeply moved: „In elementary school, when TOSHI and I founded our band, we played for the first time at the Chiba-Ken City Center. This has been such a long time, and now we are in Hollywood. There are certain aesthetics of the moment, as well as there are in the continuation of things." To perform in Hollywood had also been a dream of HIDE and YOSHIKI emphasized "X JAPAN are not 5 people, we are 6 now." And hot tears could be seen, spilling from his eyes.

Offline daisy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: January 14, 2010, 02:57:45 AM
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/01/12/01.html
I don't know about festivals' thing at all, but this says about Lollapalooza,
X JAPAN will perform on the main stage ラストから3番目 with the sponsor's offer.

ラストから3番目 is translated into English, the third from the last?
I'm not good at English :(
Anyway, ラストから3番目 means, X JAPAN will perform, and the next band will perform, and the last band will perform.
This article doesn't mention on which day X JAPAN will appearance.