Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149025

Offline Badymaru

• View Profile
Reply #270 on: January 11, 2010, 09:43:09 AM
I finally got all my videos up and my pictures uploaded on my blog here. http://badymaru.livejournal.com/6186.html

Jade was the only song I didnt really know before the filming. It was the song where I kept thought it was ending, but then it would start up again, haha. good song though, I cant wait for a studio version, its been stuck in my head all day. o-o

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:59 AM
I'm slowly uploading some photos and possibly my videos (if my net connection is nice to me)

But here's a photo teaser: Heath's ass :)

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #272 on: January 11, 2010, 11:34:42 AM
heaths ass lol

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:36 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the version of Rusty Nail they are miming is a live version, I think from The Last Live. Why would they be doing that? Do they want to make a music video for the live version? It just seems so strange.

Maybe there is only one real music video coming out of this, for Jade (they did extensive indoor filming for Jade alone), and maybe the other three songs which were all filmed exclusively on the stage outdoors will have another purpose.

Offline Badymaru

• View Profile
Reply #274 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:08 PM
Rusty Nail was definitely a live version. I think Endless Rain was as well. I know cause Toshi was having difficulty trying to match up to his random screaming outspurts because of them being live. It was kinda weird.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: January 11, 2010, 12:50:52 PM
thank you all for the pics and vids. sure appreciate it from half a world away. I m glad Yoshiki is loooking well.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #276 on: January 11, 2010, 01:13:53 PM
More nice pictures here: http://purpleskymagazine.com/?p=2245

This is my administrator color.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #277 on: January 11, 2010, 01:56:12 PM
thats awesome that yoshiki said that they want to do a concert here this year. im so there. hopefully nothing will go wrong this time.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: January 11, 2010, 02:24:37 PM
These were only video recordings, probably used these live recordings just to sync the video. There are rumours (always rumours, but this time I really hope that they're true) of re-recording Rusty Nail, Endless Rain, Week End, and an "extended" version of I.V.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #279 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30:20 PM
anyone know how many fans showed up. they were Xpecting 3,000 to 5,000 fans but i dont think that happened. fans came from Japan Brazil and Mexico. im just curious. and i found that guy who caught Sugizo's pick on myspace im just wanna tell him how jealous i am.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: January 11, 2010, 02:37:55 PM
thats awesome that yoshiki said that they want to do a concert here this year. im so there. hopefully nothing will go wrong this time.
on one of the videos I watched, after Yoshiki said that they wanted to do a concert this year, some guy shouted out "DON'T HURT YOUR NECK!!!" couldn't have said it better myself lmfao :D

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: January 11, 2010, 03:31:45 PM
a person posted this in the X Boards         I hope be true

1. the pv of endless rain will be re-shoot, and yoshiki confirmed the new version of endless rain is a enhance version and result in a more smooth progress of the whole song, the only part remain unchanged will be the guitar solo part.

2. Rusty nail pv re-shoot, the song will be re-record based on the idea of the dahlia tour and last live version.

3. Extended version of I.V. is 8 minutes long, 3 minutes more longer than the movie version, and include a piano and string intro part like silent jealousy and kurenai.. Sugizo was heavily involved in the extended version.

4. Weekend.. also same as rusty nail, the new version will be taken from the dahlia tour and last live version with inserted piano part..

5. interesting one, there will be 2 version of Without you, one is the string version, another one is the band version. according to yoshiki, the re-recorded version sounds like Tears

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #282 on: January 11, 2010, 03:49:00 PM
Found this, the sound isn't great but it is a clear video: If it has been pre posted, I apologize, but I don't recall seeing this one yet.

shane140

Reply #283 on: January 11, 2010, 04:11:07 PM
a person posted this in the X Boards         I hope be true

1. the pv of endless rain will be re-shoot, and yoshiki confirmed the new version of endless rain is a enhance version and result in a more smooth progress of the whole song, the only part remain unchanged will be the guitar solo part.

2. Rusty nail pv re-shoot, the song will be re-record based on the idea of the dahlia tour and last live version.

3. Extended version of I.V. is 8 minutes long, 3 minutes more longer than the movie version, and include a piano and string intro part like silent jealousy and kurenai.. Sugizo was heavily involved in the extended version.

4. Weekend.. also same as rusty nail, the new version will be taken from the dahlia tour and last live version with inserted piano part..

5. interesting one, there will be 2 version of Without you, one is the string version, another one is the band version. according to yoshiki, the re-recorded version sounds like Tears

Wow, I sure hope all that's true.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: January 11, 2010, 04:26:59 PM
 Shane 140 I yes believe that it is that's it
We are X

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
I would just like to send a big thank you to those of you who have posted videos and pictures.  For most of us who couldn't make it it gives us a little insight as to what happened.

Thank you!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #286 on: January 11, 2010, 06:27:58 PM

The stage being set up, from different cameras, on January 8th.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: January 11, 2010, 07:12:55 PM
Waaaauw!!! That is cool!! I want them to construct a new home for me!!! :-)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: January 11, 2010, 07:56:55 PM
The fucking point is that a band doesn't have to be PERFECT so that you can love it and so that it can be your favourite band.
You are not just critisizing them, you are flat out bashing them and you insult everyone else who still likes them by saying we are blind, stupid or whatever.
I don't care if you want to say your opinion about song, or their new direction...go on and say it as many times as you like, we have all memorized it by now.
However, the WAY you are saying it really grates into my nerves far too fucking much.
I love this band, I love their songs, I don't give a flying shit WHAT kind od genre their songs are as long as they are songs I like.
And hell, I do like them. That's all that matters to me.
I'm tired of you and everything you post here.......yes, you have every fucking right to post it but OMG, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY FUXKING SICK OF IT.

I think I'm being won over by everyone now, mostly.

I don't know truly what yoshiki was thinking when he made the Dahlia album, he might not have realised about fans like me, Darkcat, Demonbefriender ect. So he might not have been deliberatly thinking "I know I'm gonna piss fans like this off, but I don't care", he might've been thinking a lot of people like the ballads we play, so I'll do more of them, and he did put in Rusty Nail and Dahlia as well. Also I reckon he was fueled by being told in the early days by managers "you must write this kind of metal" in which he basically responded with "I don't want to be forced into doing only one type of metal songs, fuck off". So his desicions to change a lot might've been fueled by that.

And Yoshiki might not have even known about the mentality of fans like me, his roots are heavy metal but also classical composition/piano ect, and then love/sad songs probably because of his father, and living in Japan where at the time there basically was no metal & no internet I doubt he would've heard the opinions of metal fans from bands like Maiden & Priest, so there's a lot he can't be blamed for I guess. I'm not sure if that's fully the case but it could probably be true.

However I'm not saying I like him much as a person still, but not that much for a lot of the reasons I mentioned anymore. But becase of his personality and the way he shows himself off and treats everyone else as inferior, which I still hold to be true, I don't think I like him all that much for those reasons still.

Anyway, I guess I do agree with the "it doesn't matter what genre statements", I mostly agree to that, as long as whatever different genre or style of music they play still takes a lot of talent to make and play, and as long as it comes from the heart and not some generic dance/rap beat (not insulting ALL rap) made on a computer like some of the pop songs I hear. I also believe that a complete transformation in music style should be done slowly over time, so as not to confuse fans and make them go "hey wait wha? Where's the heavy metal music?", in other words not the way Yoshiki did it with the Dahlia album, but again he probably just doesn't know what a lot of metal fans like me think so, again I have much less of a problem with his decision then I used to. I'm critisising the speed in which he changed the band rather than what he changed it to itself.

I believe that Jade comes under a different style, but still takes talent, there's good writing in that song. There are still a lot of areas Jade that imo should be improved like

1. The riff sounds like its trying to hard to be heavy metal "du dun dun dun DUN DUN" over and over, it doesn't come off as naturally sounding like a metal riff.

2. I think the trying to sound moody/mysterious when singing style in the verses slows things down to much and doesn't sound s interesting as other things they could be doing there.

3. Glad there's a solo, now extended and write more then "dedeledeledeledele dudolodulodulodulodulu".

However I have good points about the song.

1.The riff sounds okay, and I love the sudden shrieks of the guitar near the end before the first verse, and at least there is a riff.

2. I don't know what to think of the live version, but Toshi's voice and harmonies makes the choruse's feel a lot less boring then I think they might do live, they sound awesome.

3.The solo, hooray I'm glad one even exists, and besides my critisisms about itearlier it does still sound kind of cool.

Its got advantages and dissadvantages against 'Dahlia', so its not a pointless or shit song as I claimed it was.

As for I.V, well I think Jade is a lot better then I.V now, but apparently there's an 8 minute version coming out so i'll wait and see what it is, however there have been times when fans who've been to these events/lives have somehow got it wrong before.

I do still have a couple of critisisms of the band, and its Yoshiki's personality towards others that makes me not like him that much mainly, but I have a mostly different look on things thanks to your post RoseofPain.

We Are X!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:29:12 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #289 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:53 PM
A report by LJ user beckielrick: http://beckielric.livejournal.com/252463.html

shane140

Reply #290 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:32 PM
Copied and pasted from X boards.

Natalie.mu has just announced that a PV for Kurenai is going to be shoot on January 12 and 14. No details or when or how have been announced.

X JAPAN MUSIC VIDEO SHOOTING in Hollywood MUSIC VIDEO SHOOTING

Total attendance: 8000 people
Number of staff: 800 people
Guard staff: 100 people
Police and fireman: 100 people
Total production cost: 500 million yen

And more details which I don't know how to translate, but the important is that 8000 people in the event.

MUSIC VIDEOS DIRECTED BY

Rusty Nail - AARON PLALT
Jade - DEAN KARR
ENDLESS RAIN - RUSSELL THOMAS
Kurenai - NATHAM FOX

http://natalie.mu/news/show/id/26197
http://mainichi.jp/enta/geinou/news/201001...200003000c.html

More info. I'm not very sure about this one, but Oricon says that Yoshiki got an offer to perform at the Lollapalooza festival in the US.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/72297/full/

Kurenai PV woohoo!  :o :D   I.V. isn't on that list though, probably just a mistake.

Here's the best Rusty Nail vid yet, they've decided to shorten the song, and it's a recording from a live version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnKyFLk79_w[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:45:23 PM by shane140 »

shane140

Reply #291 on: January 11, 2010, 08:54:41 PM

"Yoshiki, while negotiating the appearance on the long-established Lollapalooza festival in Chicago , is also producing "an album of PV collections".

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100112/gn...20507008-n1.htm

Unrelated but Muse is also playing at the festival :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:18 PM
I don't think I.V is extended, apparently its just a rumour, and we've seen some of the vids of it already and its just a lypsinced live version. Btw, someone said on the previous page that someone on the "X boards" said I.V was extended, which "X boards" are you refering to?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:27:34 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:14 PM

"Yoshiki, while negotiating the appearance on the long-established Lollapalooza festival in Chicago , is also producing "an album of PV collections".

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100112/gn...20507008-n1.htm

Unrelated but Muse is also playing at the festival :D

Yeah, I totally fanboy at the proposition of X Japan and Muse on the same bill. Yoshiki and Matt Bellamy should hook up and make some music together, seing them dual on piano would be beyond epic.

shane140

Reply #294 on: January 11, 2010, 09:29:47 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuP0wS8oKbI[/youtube] I.V.   The playback was from a live.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: January 11, 2010, 10:05:32 PM
Ulquiorra: I think they mean X boards, a spanish X japan site. Just type x boards on internet, and you see the site.
I understand your feelings . I also think that Yoshiki has learned other hard lessons in his life (beside his fathers dead): he also mentioned in interviews about Toshi being his victim. So, as I said in another thing I wrote: we have to accept people as they are. Everybody thinks doing his best. And everybody learns of his faults. (And I am crazy of the song Unfinished!!!!)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #296 on: January 11, 2010, 10:11:54 PM
More pictures from the PV shooting:

http://forever-dream.diary.ru/p92069687.htm

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #297 on: January 11, 2010, 10:15:12 PM
I uploaded all of the photos I took at the X Japan video shoot. =D They're on my Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11223213@N05/sets/72157623066572989

There's also a video clip in there, and I plan on uploading the rest of them to my Youtube account since Flickr is only letting me upload one. XD"

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: January 11, 2010, 10:19:06 PM
I dont know if this has been posted yet, but at the end someone shout to Yoshiki: don ' t hurt yur neck!, when he sais he hoped to see them in a concert.

shane140

Reply #299 on: January 11, 2010, 10:41:47 PM
Japanese news clip
part1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANoPjgQX--o[/youtube]
part 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uk5pkYpgqI[/youtube]

And a Endless rain
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfh0Vr2DUw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:13:27 PM by shane140 »