• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 148918

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: January 10, 2010, 01:58:25 PM
Yes, beautiful pics.
Can anyone rassemble all those pics and video's?

shane140

Reply #241 on: January 10, 2010, 02:08:06 PM
ThanX for the great pics AsukaMiyu!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #242 on: January 10, 2010, 02:13:10 PM
The best thing is... click the small "full size" button..... the images are HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!! xD

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: January 10, 2010, 02:19:35 PM
what? piano solo intro of jade?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: January 10, 2010, 02:23:21 PM
I would say the piano pic is from Endless Rain. At Jade Yoshiki is wearing a red shirt (I think) and Toshi is wearing something darker aswell.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: January 10, 2010, 02:24:04 PM
best vid so far [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIUD_uv6skk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rL6dgUQMbA[/youtube]

so they stil have old hide solo recording :( was hoping on new pata-sugizo solo

did yoshiki really play drum? if yes, so glad he recover already

Ex denxdenx

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #246 on: January 10, 2010, 02:37:12 PM
i have yet to be dissapointed by X-Japan i doubt i ever will be.

(yes wearex, weaknesses)
ha where? didnt see it i must be BLIND

The point of that is to say that it is not a fact that X-Japan is perfect in everything they do, and the truth is there are lots of people who have critisisms of some of the things those bands do, and we are perfectly allowed to express those critisisms if we want.

If you are going to majorly defend Jade to extreme lengths since you see no problem with it then whatever, your opinion, but don't you try and tell people who have problems with the band that they're not allowed to express them and should get off the forums, that's not right, that's the point I'm trying to get at.

And to be honest if kind of is a fact the band isn't perfect, even if you have never been dissapointed with there songs, there's no denying that all the delays and other problems that should never have happened have been awful and are a big flaw of the band, so don't go around saying "everything they do is perfect" I'm not listening to you lalala I'm covering my ears!".
ill agree the delays and postponments have sucked but lifes to short. my daughter has shown me that. there are way to many pluses than negatives when it comes to X. its just up to you what you want to focus all your efforts on. me i rather focus on the pluses.

and roseofpain : amen

but we are one big family here. hell every great family argues. thats just goes to say we must be the greatest family ever. but i am tired of arguing so i call a truths. lets stop for now and enjoy the beauty of X.

Ulquiorra i may be blind but i do see X has some of the most passionate fans out there. And you are one of them. i just wish you would complain so much. they are not perfect nor do they need to be. but our time with them is running out. soon they will be 50 after that its just a matter of time. lets enjoy what time we have left with them before its to late.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: January 10, 2010, 02:44:13 PM
did yoshiki really play drum? if yes, so glad he recover already

It seems that he plays drums yes, but I don't believe he is recovered enough to play the drums during a concert. That is not possible so soon. We must be patient.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: January 10, 2010, 02:45:39 PM
Thanks for posting all those great pics and videos. It's nice to see them on the stage again.
Did Yoshiki play the drum live? If yes, which means he has recovered fully, right?
hide's guitar was placed nearby Yoshiki's drum set. I cannot remember, but did they do the same in
the i.v. video?

Did they get any $$ from apple?  ;D  because we can see a huge itouch ad in the background.
Hopefully, we won't see it in the official videos.

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: January 10, 2010, 03:10:17 PM
Lol, i thought the same about the Apple ad, It totally ruins the scene.
And yes, they did the same in the I.V. video. I think it was the black guitar (with the multicolored pattern) placed on hides usual place on stage.
Regarding Yoshiki, in one of the Endless Rain videos from tonight I saw him wearing his neck brace while playing piano.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #250 on: January 10, 2010, 03:15:14 PM
"Did they get any $$ from apple?    because we can see a huge itouch ad in the background.
Hopefully, we won't see it in the official videos. "

YOSHIKI uses a lot apple stuff... X even had some press meeting in Tokyo apple centre or something.

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

shane140

Reply #251 on: January 10, 2010, 03:20:04 PM
"Did they get any $$ from apple?    because we can see a huge itouch ad in the background.
Hopefully, we won't see it in the official videos. "

YOSHIKI uses a lot apple stuff... X even had some press meeting in Tokyo apple centre or something.
And Toshi had a signing and mini live in an apple store.

If they are well in with apple, the new songs/album or whatever it's gonna be should be on itunes faster! :D

Although i'm still wondering how long we'll have to wait for a new release, because as I and people said, because of video editing and stuff for the PVs.

Surely they can release Jade on itunes as a single.

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #252 on: January 10, 2010, 03:20:50 PM
Man, those previews really make the wait even harder :P

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #253 on: January 10, 2010, 03:45:01 PM
Man, those previews really make the wait even harder :P
i know dosnt it. i named my daughter after jade and there isnt even a studio version or a pv for it. but what really sucks is seeing those pics and knowing you were there but at the wrong time. i ate where the stage is when i was in hollywood. just wish i was there yesterday. i wounder if anyone else famous was there. so far hyde from the 70's show is the only one. anyone know if any more?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #254 on: January 10, 2010, 04:10:02 PM
Well the Chief Operating Officer of MySpace, Michael Jones was there (backstage also) and he even posted a few pics.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #255 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:31 PM
found more
X Purple Sky Mag  http://purpleskymagazine.com/?p=2245

I.V. Pyro http://www.twitvid.com/7607B video quality is crappy but still cool

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fp39iMzP0[/youtube]

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:40 PM
Thanks for all the posts!, also, did they make any announcements or anything?

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #257 on: January 10, 2010, 07:54:42 PM
At everyone who posted the wonderful pics and videos, MONDO Thank you and Muchas Gracias! Because I left a comment on one of the earliest pics I have made a new twitter friend or two and was PM'd on twitter and invited to the show! Le sigh, no passport and a 24 hour drive, I fear I might have arrived on time to watch them wrapping up the set. LOL. Oh well, it's the thought that counted. What a wonderful time everyone looks to have had!

@ WeareX316 and RoseofPain: Well said and Amen. I have also yet to be disappointed by the band before or after the 1992 change and my eyesight and compassion are 20/20. X Japan have pleased me even if I don't like every song equally. Sure, I like Jade better than I.V. and I prefer Kurenai and X over Orgasm or I'll Kill You, but that is my preference, not something the band has done right or wrong just to piss me off. I'm put in mind of the quote: "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." Who said that anyway? (too lazy to google)  ;D

@Ulquiorra: my only issue with the majority of your posts is you speak in such absolute negatives. You come across as absolutely hating Yoshiki with a passion bordering on rage, and it seems you expect him to know what every fan wants and to be able to cater to it, putting himself aside as if he didn't matter. That is simply impossible. I just cannot understand how any person can say 'I am a fan and love the music' but then hate the man who created it all, especially if you have never met that man. *shrugs* I agree with what others have said here, it gets old, and it is depressing for some. I almost left the board because of the constant Yoshiki bashing and hatred exhibited on X Freaks (and not just by you) ...almost. ( Oh, and the phrase 'a saw' means simply that,  like a saw, a person passes through the wood(issue) making the same sound over and over again. I know you asked about that on a different thread.)

To Yoshiki's drumming? He was likely 'drumsyncing' to the 'canned' music used for most PV filming. I personally doubt he is ready for the concert stage yet. Same as Toshi was likely syncing much of the filming, not because of his voice issues, but due to the way these things are filmed as a rule: stop, start, cut action, hurry up and wait. Drumsyncing will have been much easier on him than in concert. Anyone who was there can answer this better than me though. 

What a GREAT New Years gift! As the poster from JRRevolution said, Thank You X Japan!  ;D And love to all here on the board.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #258 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55:23 PM
not yet that i know of. im sure they will soon i hope. but sugizo said in his myspace blog that hes gonna be here a while. so who knows if the rest are too.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #259 on: January 10, 2010, 07:59:52 PM
At everyone who posted the wonderful pics and videos, MONDO Thank you and Muchas Gracias! Because I left a comment on one of the earliest pics I have made a new twitter friend or two and was PM'd on twitter and invited to the show! Le sigh, no passport and a 24 hour drive, I fear I might have arrived on time to watch them wrapping up the set. LOL. Oh well, it's the thought that counted. What a wonderful time everyone looks to have had!

@ WeareX316 and RoseofPain: Well said and Amen. I have also yet to be disappointed by the band before or after the 1992 change and my eyesight and compassion are 20/20. X Japan have pleased me even if I don't like every song equally. Sure, I like Jade better than I.V. and I prefer Kurenai and X over Orgasm or I'll Kill You, but that is my preference, not something the band has done right or wrong just to piss me off. I'm put in mind of the quote: "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." Who said that anyway? (too lazy to google)  ;D

@Ulquiorra: my only issue with the majority of your posts is you speak in such absolute negatives. You come across as absolutely hating Yoshiki with a passion bordering on rage, and it seems you expect him to know what every fan wants and to be able to cater to it, putting himself aside as if he didn't matter. That is simply impossible. I just cannot understand how any person can say 'I am a fan and love the music' but then hate the man who created it all, especially if you have never met that man. *shrugs* I agree with what others have said here, it gets old, and it is depressing for some. I almost left the board because of the constant Yoshiki bashing and hatred exhibited on X Freaks (and not just by you) ...almost. ( Oh, and the phrase 'a saw' means simply that,  like a saw, a person passes through the wood(issue) making the same sound over and over again. I know you asked about that on a different thread.)

To Yoshiki's drumming? He was likely 'drumsyncing' to the 'canned' music used for most PV filming. I personally doubt he is ready for the concert stage yet. Same as Toshi was likely syncing much of the filming, not because of his voice issues, but due to the way these things are filmed as a rule: stop, start, cut action, hurry up and wait. Drumsyncing will have been much easier on him than in concert. Anyone who was there can answer this better than me though. 

What a GREAT New Years gift! As the poster from JRRevolution said, Thank You X Japan!  ;D And love to all here on the board.

very well said and WE ARE X (i just cant say that enough)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:42 PM
Yes, very well said!!!
And thanks also to explain what I meant with saw  ;D ;D. My english is very bad and i won't do wrong at nobody, so I am glad someone explained I meant.

Love to everybody and peace and cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: January 10, 2010, 08:21:35 PM
wowowow i've missed out so much!

Thanks to everyone who posted the links to videos and pictures of the event! It feels REALLY good to see them back together doing some serious business xD whatever it is, i know i can't wait for the 4 new PV, and im satisfied with the songs chosen =)  And may i add, they look really good that day! lol!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: January 10, 2010, 08:36:07 PM
I don't know the meaning of 'seconded'. I have searched the traduction of that word, but don't find it.
Someone can tell me the meaning?

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #263 on: January 10, 2010, 08:53:05 PM
@Ann1958:  a good explanation can be found here. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20second%20that

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: January 10, 2010, 09:03:01 PM
Ok. Thank you: it is 'I agree'.
:-)

shane140

Reply #265 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:30 PM
Don't think this has been posted yet, a really clear version of JADE, just that the intro is cut off. And the end, but it's clear at least. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6t3O1PG14[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:51:04 PM by shane140 »

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #266 on: January 10, 2010, 11:41:11 PM
EPIC!!!

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner

ben

Reply #268 on: January 11, 2010, 05:50:29 AM
thanks everyone for sharing your links

even though it's just crowd recording, i'm starting to like "Jade" more; Toshi's vocal harmonies during the verses make the song much better; and i like the intro with the piano and the strings leading into the heavy guitar

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: January 11, 2010, 07:01:17 AM
OMG!! I have always liked "Jade" its a good song, But wow...Toshi's Voice on the studio version is F*in amazing , he still is the best singer ever in my opinion! :)