• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149021

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: January 10, 2010, 09:06:45 AM
looks like no changes on jade. no guitar solo   >.<

It doesn't really suprise me, in Luna Sea Sugizo really shined with solos that expanded far beyond the studio recordings. I would probably say 90% of the Luna Sea song sound way better live than the studio albums (which is a shame because its hard to find their older live shows). I think leaving the guitar solo out gives Sugizo more room to shine in the live shows rather than sticking strictly to what's in the recording. If you take into account Sugizo's muted guitar solo, I would say live Jade will most definitely be better than Studio Jade.

You're thinking to far ahead, Yoshiki composed this, therefore its staying as it is no matter what, Yoshiki is not going to allow anyone improvising solos during it.

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #211 on: January 10, 2010, 09:15:15 AM
@ulquiorra
You should get yourself Vanishing Vision n BLUE BLOOD album ... ;D

*no offense*

none of your business ...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: January 10, 2010, 09:21:16 AM
Um, what exactly did my post have to do with the old albums? I simply responded to someone saying that Yoshiki would not let Sugizo improvise, that's got nothing to do with my opinion on the old songs vs new, think before you post. I will say now that any of the old metal songs that Yoshiki has ("claimed to have") written all the guitar parts for, I did not see any improvisation going on in the old lives either.

Anyway, what is going on with that Rusty Nail video, that is NOT the studio version, I don't know if they're performing live there, or if its a version from one of their reunion lives they're lip-synching to, either way, Its the sound of current Toshi giving a performance that's not as good as the studio version and that had better not be used for a Rusty Nail rerecording.

Seriously I have no idea what was going on there, the second verse/chorus was cut out for some reason, Toshi's singing was nowhere near as good as the studio version so what do they think they're doing? What was that video about?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:29:51 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #213 on: January 10, 2010, 09:30:16 AM
The pics and videos made my day. I keep popping in to see who has posted what. Headed to bed with a smile on my face. Great to see. Thanks to everyone who posted.

As for solos, *shrug* perhaps, perhaps not, but none of us was privy to the band meetings or to the agent/labe/producer meetings, so unless the band members are stricken by an aberrant urge to disclose both what was discussed and their reasoning behind it, we will never know the real reasoning behind choices made...ever. LOL I am just happy to see them active, within the dictates of their individual healths. I hope they had as great a day as the fans seemed to have.  ;D

Offline Badymaru

• View Profile
Reply #214 on: January 10, 2010, 09:48:36 AM
Has enyone shown that yet?

Rusty Nail... :)
http://psycho-times.blogspot.com/2010/01/rusty-nail.html

lol thats my blog. Anyways, I'm posting more videos on my Youtube, I've got a ton. http://www.youtube.com/user/Badymaru

I've also got a bunch of pictures that I'll probably put up on my other blog. http://visual-indication.blogspot.com/

~Bady

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:10 AM
Your 'Rusty Nail in Hollywood 1' video is actually the Endless Rain solo.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: January 10, 2010, 10:09:25 AM
Thanks for the great uploads badymaru!!!

Offline Pocku

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: January 10, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Its the sound of current Toshi giving a performance that's not as good as the studio version and that had better not be used for a Rusty Nail rerecording.

Rerecording? I think I've seen this mentioned a few times but can any tell me whether this is another assumption we're making or if it's official news?

And you're awesome for uploading those videos badymaru!

Offline Badymaru

• View Profile
Reply #218 on: January 10, 2010, 10:37:57 AM
Your 'Rusty Nail in Hollywood 1' video is actually the Endless Rain solo.

Oops, You're right. xD Thanks!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: January 10, 2010, 10:47:18 AM

Full Studio version of Jade

Doesn't sound much different from the verison we got a few months ago, but its Definatly better. Toshi's vocal harmonies are improved in a few places I think, also if we are to assume this is the studio version being played considering the music is playback & Toshi's vocals are all lypsinced, in that case Sugizo's mini guitar solo for this song that was played on the live versions has made it into the studio version, which i'm happy with.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #220 on: January 10, 2010, 11:45:43 AM

Doesn't sound much different from the verison we got a few months ago, but its Definatly better. Toshi's vocal harmonies are improved in a few places I think, also if we are to assume this is the studio version being played considering the music is playback & Toshi's vocals are all lypsinced, in that case Sugizo's mini guitar solo for this song that was played on the live versions has made it into the studio version, which i'm happy with.

It sounds good :) i wanna hear the studio version without the screaming crowd xD and they should up the guitar volume =) (at least that's what i think)

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:17 AM
I am actually disappointed that there's no new song except Jade :P
anyway I think they will release best album with dvd that will contain these pvs.
I am looking forward to see the full pv asap (hopefully)

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #222 on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:28 PM
this is awsome sounds perfect. to the haters who are gonna complain just shut up and enjoy. if you dont like just dont listen but stop ruining it for the rest of us this is huge bigger than any of you. if you dont see that then maybe you shouldn't be a fan anymore cause your love for this band is obviously dead. sorry there not the perfect band everyone wants but thats life you cant always get what you want. i have yet to be dissapointed by X-Japan i doubt i ever will be. thanks for the vids a pics worht every bit of sleep i lost.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #223 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:14 PM
this says it perfectly http://twitpic.com/xi9mi

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #224 on: January 10, 2010, 01:04:47 PM
vid of fans saying we are x [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4--UHu-14[/youtube]

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:13 PM

I hope that's not the final version. The drums aren't still real recordings, they are synthesised.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #226 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:46 PM
yoshiki talking [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXn2PM4NM0[/youtube]

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #227 on: January 10, 2010, 01:07:17 PM
@Wearex316 HA! That's what I was missing until now! :DD

WE ARE....!?!?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKSSSS!!!!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #228 on: January 10, 2010, 01:09:40 PM
best vid so far [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIUD_uv6skk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rL6dgUQMbA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:11:54 PM by Wearex316 »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: January 10, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
i have yet to be dissapointed by X-Japan i doubt i ever will be.

You're blind, that's all. Also, You're saying I'm not allowed to have critisism's and find imperfections? Shutup, all you're doing is covering your ears going "lalalalalala don't speak any ill of my favourite band noooo".

Anyway, Toshi's voice sounds nice, I like the harmonies and the fact they had some kind of solo in there. This is a ballad/rock song like Dahlia, the next time Yoshiki decides to say "this will be the heaviest X song yet" actually make a proper heavy metal song, not a half ballad song. As for being a half ballad half rock/metal song, comparing to Dahlia, I don't think now its as bad as I thought, I can see where it has its strengths and weaknesses (yes wearex, weaknesses), and it does do different things from Dahlia like the vocal harmonies.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:20:09 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: January 10, 2010, 01:24:41 PM
Anyway, Toshi's intercostal things seems to have disapeared  :D :D

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #231 on: January 10, 2010, 01:29:34 PM
im not saying they are perfect but they are. im not covering my ears i actually like the songs. im not blind your the one that says your an X fan but does nothing but trash them. you are allow critasim but to what point. to the point where your bringing the rest of us down. your the one that cant let go. if you dont like the song so be it. your allowed not to. but dont trash them with your way off options. stop trying to ruin such a huge night for us. just sit back and enjoy. or stop careing about what X does.cause obviously nothing they do from now on will ever satisfy you. X wont be around much longer that we all know. so why do nothing but hate lets love what time we have left with X before theres none.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #232 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30:56 PM

(yes wearex, weaknesses)
ha where? didnt see it i must be BLIND

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:12 PM
best vid so far [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIUD_uv6skk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rL6dgUQMbA[/youtube]

so they stil have old hide solo recording :( was hoping on new pata-sugizo solo

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: January 10, 2010, 01:38:54 PM

(yes wearex, weaknesses)
ha where? didnt see it i must be BLIND

The point of that is to say that it is not a fact that X-Japan is perfect in everything they do, and the truth is there are lots of people who have critisisms of some of the things those bands do, and we are perfectly allowed to express those critisisms if we want.

If you are going to majorly defend Jade to extreme lengths since you see no problem with it then whatever, your opinion, but don't you try and tell people who have problems with the band that they're not allowed to express them and should get off the forums, that's not right, that's the point I'm trying to get at.

And to be honest if kind of is a fact the band isn't perfect, even if you have never been dissapointed with there songs, there's no denying that all the delays and other problems that should never have happened have been awful and are a big flaw of the band, so don't go around saying "everything they do is perfect" I'm not listening to you lalala I'm covering my ears!".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:42:58 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: January 10, 2010, 01:46:39 PM
The problem is that everybody has too much expectations, and so they are disapointed.
Accept everybody as he or she is, open your esprit, and no more dissapointments.
Act as that in life, and also towards X Japan. You will not be disapointed then.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #236 on: January 10, 2010, 01:49:29 PM
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:12:45 PM by AsukaMiyu »

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: January 10, 2010, 01:49:36 PM
And I also think that Ulquiorra is a very big fan, but also a great saw (something to cut wood), so let her or him be!!!! And live in peace and enjoy!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: January 10, 2010, 01:50:38 PM
The fucking point is that a band doesn't have to be PERFECT so that you can love it and so that it can be your favourite band.
You are not just critisizing them, you are flat out bashing them and you insult everyone else who still likes them by saying we are blind, stupid or whatever.
I don't care if you want to say your opinion about song, or their new direction...go on and say it as many times as you like, we have all memorized it by now.
However, the WAY you are saying it really grates into my nerves far too fucking much.
I love this band, I love their songs, I don't give a flying shit WHAT kind od genre their songs are as long as they are songs I like.
And hell, I do like them. That's all that matters to me.
I'm tired of you and everything you post here.......yes, you have every fucking right to post it but OMG, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY FUXKING SICK OF IT.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: January 10, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
Stop argueing and enjoy those picures!  ;D

http://twitter.com/chasewang

Awww, cool pics have started showing up just the moment I have to leave my house to go out...T_T

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.