• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149032

shane140

Reply #150 on: January 09, 2010, 10:50:55 PM

oh well, we'll see. Hope they don't take years to release the PVs and air them quick ! 

Me too. How long was the I.V. pv released after its filming, a couple of months?   I hope they leak online somewhere, or we get recordings or something!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: January 09, 2010, 10:52:35 PM
oh well, we'll see. Hope they don't take years to release the PVs and air them quick !

what are you talking about, it usally takes around 10years to edit videos, just remember the last live

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: January 09, 2010, 10:56:05 PM
And the 93 and 94 concerts... x)

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: January 09, 2010, 10:58:39 PM

yeah and just think about it, they need to record hide's parts too

shane140

Reply #154 on: January 09, 2010, 11:02:29 PM

yeah and just think about it, they need to record hide's parts too

Oh god, it'll take even longer to edit all the hide footage in.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: January 09, 2010, 11:03:42 PM
I could make a massive post now about how I feel Yoshiki has massively screwed us over again, and I feel like doing so - but those will be two a penny so I will hold back on this occassion.

The thing I really, really don't get is why they are making PV's for old songs which sound dated. If they re-recorded them then sure... but it's just gonna look and sound crap. People are going to think "This music sounds crapply recorded". As for the inclusion of I.V. - I just don't understand that at all, the video for I.V. was very expensive and done with a high production standard. The song was even done in English and has ALREADY been released world-wide and introduced to the American market. Why do it again?

I dunno, I just feel that Yoshiki is WASTING his money.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: January 09, 2010, 11:04:22 PM
You must be more optimistic!

All the reunited concerts, except the one of Taipei, are on the internet.
So...I think we will see the PV's very soon!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:28 PM
¥o$ki just wasting money like this doen't  sound right, kindda doesn't go along with his name

shane140

Reply #158 on: January 09, 2010, 11:10:42 PM
@Beauty/Broken: About I.V. as I said, it very well might be the original extended version as they had to shorten it for saw IV or it could be the Japanese version.

@Ann1958: the concerts were televised so they were easy to record and upload it soon after, sadly, I think we'll have to wait quite some time until we see these PV's. But, i'll keep my hopes up, I hope we see them soon! :)

@ obi325: LOL!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: January 09, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
If it is to conquer the worldmarket, they have no interest to wait months and months before people can see the PV's I think.
So I am very optimistic to that.
Wolf photo intrigues me intrigues me!!!

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: January 09, 2010, 11:30:06 PM
I think this post might come across as a "shut up, at least they did 4 PVs bla bla bla",

but too bad they didn't do :

- Kurenai
- Rusty Nail
- Without You
- Jade

That way we would have had a classic metal song, one more rockish song, a ballad and a Post-2007 X Japan song.

I still can't get why Without You didn't get a PV. ^^"

shane140

Reply #161 on: January 09, 2010, 11:35:55 PM
http://tweetphoto.com/8388689    here's an invite of some sort.  I think at the bottom it says: " first 1000 fans get X-Japan glow sticks!"

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: January 09, 2010, 11:41:34 PM
I consider the passed times of the band and hide stuff we can see on the screens when Toshi sings Without you as the PV for Without you.
So it is normal that they didn't do a PV for Without you. Those screen things they show is the best PV for Without you in my mind. That is my idea on it. But I understand other people wished another PV.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: January 09, 2010, 11:49:45 PM
Does Without you even coun't as X japan's song? It was, like amethist, originally yoshiki's solo stuff

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:17 PM
Yes, because he wrote that song with Toshi's voice in his mind. He has been waiten for years to have it sung by Toshi. So for me it is an X japan's song.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #165 on: January 10, 2010, 12:07:38 AM
Also I've said it once and I'll say it again, they've been back for over 2 and a half years now, that's more then enough time to get your shit together, it seems more then enough time with every other band, and therefore imo, the time for saying "oh forgive them, be nice, be grateful they're even here!" was over a year ago, its been far too long now, so I'm sick of hearing that excuse, everytime X-Japan screws something up everyone immediatly jumps in with the "we forgive every bad mistake they ever make because we should be grateful they even came back" excuse, its tiring, and 2 and a half years is more than enough time to sort all this out.
Too bad it's not enough to sort your spine out. Or the whatever thing that has been bugging Toshi lately.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:24 AM
I'll copy and paste what I wrote on another forum:

You know what? To be honest, I'm really happy about the songs they have chosen.
Endless Rain is great as it is, that's true, but I'd really like to hear a new version of it, it could be really interesting in my opinion. The same could be said for Rusty Nail and whatever other songs they decide to re-record. At least this Best Album will really have something new and won't be ANOTHER fucking Best Of, we have plenty of those. For the first time since the reunion I agree with a decision the band has made ;)

And if we don't like the re-recorded songs we still have the old ones, right? Also, if you think about it, it's really difficult to completely ruin masterpieces like Endless Rain and Rusty Nail, if the new versions happen to be worse, they sure won't be SO much worse than the old ones, just different...and that's totally ok with me, I LOVE re-recordings ;)

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #167 on: January 10, 2010, 12:16:06 AM
this is gonna be sweet. screw the haters. i cant wait.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: January 10, 2010, 12:21:45 AM
Can't wait also. curious about how the lyrics will turn out for the english version. :)

For Endless Rain, i always had in my head for an english version :

"Endless rain, fall on my heart, fall on my soul, forever" as the first line.

Now i'd be disappointed if it's not that. xD xD
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:25:57 AM by UVER »

shane140

Reply #169 on: January 10, 2010, 12:23:18 AM
I completely agree with you Artseeker, it's basically a win-win situation.

I can't wait either.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:33 AM
Ah and let me add that the Best Album is surely NOT going to have just 4 songs, which means that they still may include re-recordings of Silent Jealousy, Kurenai and stuff like that, which would be AWESOME in my opinion. I also think they made a perfect choice by choosing Rusty Nail and Endless Rain as songs for the PVs, they're both great songs and catchy as well and they MUST bet on those if they really want to conquer the American market.

EDIT: I'm happy someone agrees with me ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:29:39 AM by Artseeker »

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #171 on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:56 AM

shane140

Reply #172 on: January 10, 2010, 12:28:26 AM
ThanX for the pic!

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 10, 2010, 12:29:06 AM
If the best of include re recording in english of stuff like Silent Jealousy and Kurenai (not those horrid VV lyrics uh ?), that'll be awesome indeed. :)

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: January 10, 2010, 12:29:51 AM
Ah and let me add that the Best Album is surely NOT going to have just 4 songs, which means that they still may include re-recordings of Silent Jealousy, Kurenai and satuff like that,

or maybe, just maybe it would be songs like tears, forever love, longing,...

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: January 10, 2010, 12:32:33 AM
Ah and let me add that the Best Album is surely NOT going to have just 4 songs, which means that they still may include re-recordings of Silent Jealousy, Kurenai and satuff like that,
or maybe, just maybe it would be songs like tears, forever love, longing,...

It could be, but we still have no clue about it, so let's wait until they release it. I'm sure they won't leave out all the metal songs they recorded in the past, it's more than a half of their discography, it would be ridiculous and not convenient as well.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #176 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:52 AM
A 10 second video clip from the scene:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fp39iMzP0[/youtube]

------------------------------

A few pics from the scene:

By sasukekun22:

By KariniMiki:

By Badymaru:

By Davi Alvarado:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:41:00 AM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: January 10, 2010, 12:44:41 AM
Forget what I said about the fashion thing that was dumb, but as for the metal music stuff, if they are a band of all genres and they're trying to introduce themselves to an entirely new audience showing all their types of music, then they should have had one of their metal classics as one of the four songs, they are a huge HUGE part of what they are.

Me replacing Jade was dumb too, I should've said I.V.

Also I've said it once and I'll say it again, they've been back for over 2 and a half years now, that's more then enough time to get your shit together, it seems more then enough time with every other band, and therefore imo, the time for saying "oh forgive them, be nice, be grateful they're even here!" was over a year ago, its been far too long now, so I'm sick of hearing that excuse, everytime X-Japan screws something up everyone immediatly jumps in with the "we forgive every bad mistake they ever make because we should be grateful they even came back" excuse, its tiring, and 2 and a half years is more than enough time to sort all this out.

Yes but what you're forgetting to understand is that they are a band that was exclusive to Japan with an almost shocking little to no existence in the West. Then comes ten years of separation, each member doing different things. A reunion happens, they are all older and things are slightly different. The goal is now to attain an international fan base and be recognized worldwide. This is not easy since 99% of what they wrote was exclusive to Japan more or less.

I'm assuming your refering to me critisizing how long they're taking to get things right, but also I'm assuming you're trying to explain why having a old metal song might not be a good idea because they're trying to be recognised in the American market, in that case I have to point out the obvious fact that heavy metal is not a Japan only genre, infact its more popular in most other counties like the US/UK then in Japan, so I don't know what you'd be talking about by saying that using the old metal songs as PV wouldn't grab the US's attention.

Also bands do not move on to the degree that you think all of them do.

Anyway all I'm wondering is why they don't treat their old metal songs with the respect they seem to give every other type of song they've made, Yoshiki seems to avoid the old metal songs at every opportunity that comes up. All I've said is that just one of the songs should've been something like Blue Blood, that's all, there's no way Yoshiki isn't physically able to record a pv for a song like song like Blue Blood, if he's not able to even do that right now he shouldn't even be trying to record any of these four pv's.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:16:26 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: January 10, 2010, 12:50:00 AM
Forget what I said about the fashion thing that was dumb, but as for the metal music stuff, if they are a band of all genres and they're trying to introduce themselves to an entirely new audience showing all their types of music, then they should have had one of their metal classics as one of the four songs, they are a huge HUGE part of what they are.

Me replacing Jade was dumb too, I should've said I.V.

Yes but what you're forgetting to understand is that they are a band that was exclusive to Japan with an almost shocking little to no existence in the West. Then comes ten years of separation, each member doing different things. A reunion happens, they are all older and things are slightly different. The goal is now to attain an international fan base and be recognized worldwide. This is not easy since 99% of what they wrote was exclusive to Japan more or less.

Um, excuse me, but heavy metal is not a Japan only genre, infact its more popular in most other counties like the US/UK then in Japan, so I don't know what you're talking about by saying that using the old metal songs as PV wouldn't grab the US's attention.

Also bands do not move on to the degree that you think all of them do.

Anyway all I'm wondering is why they don't treat their old metal songs with the respect they seem to give every other type of song they've made, Yoshi seems to avoid the old metal songs at every opportunity that comes up. All I've said is that just one of the songs should've been something like Blue Blood, that's all.

well there is this problem with yoshiki and druming cu of his medical problems

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: January 10, 2010, 12:50:14 AM
Thanks for the little video and pics.
It must be great and very excited to be there!