• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan in Hollywood on January 9th

Sander · 149029

shane140

Reply #120 on: January 09, 2010, 07:39:55 PM
I wonder why they are doing another I.V. PV? Maybe to include Sugizo?
Maybe it's the Japanese version of I.V. Yoshiki has talked about a few times.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 09, 2010, 07:42:09 PM

yeah, and he's been talking about how he had to shorten I.V. for the movie, maybe this time it's full version.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #122 on: January 09, 2010, 07:43:57 PM
I'm happy :) Though I'd prefer Kurenai for Rusty Nail :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: January 09, 2010, 07:45:26 PM
Maybe they are even English versions of the songs for the World Tour? Or maybe even an English best of album?

I hope they won't do something so stupid.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:53 PM
Even though I would have also liked to hear new songs, I don't really mind that they are redoing PVs for older ones as well.
It doesn't even look that weird to me, I've seen other bands making newer PVs for older songs.
However, I'm guessing that a lot of people are gonna be pissed off/disappointed with this so I better stay away from this thread from a while... :P

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:29 PM

yeah, and he's been talking about how he had to shorten I.V. for the movie, maybe this time it's full version.

Good points, it could be! That would make sense!!

From the looks of those photos on that link you posted Shane it looks like there is a Phantom of the Opera-ish/Masquerade ball thing going on at some point. Goodness knows what the wolf is about, or the creepy baby/doll thing! But on the plus side Pata and Sugizo look awesome!!

Maybe they are even English versions of the songs for the World Tour? Or maybe even an English best of album?

I hope they won't do something so stupid.

I am sure I read somewhere though that Yoshiki wanted to do an English version of a best of (I might be getting mixed up and this might not be right, but i am sure I read it somewhere). If that is true I don't know why he thinks he needs English versions to get recognition across the world. There is already currently a strong fanbase across the world so they should start with that.  Anyway, I might be wrong and I was just speculating so please do not take any of this as fact, its probably just my imagination getting the better of me!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: January 09, 2010, 07:58:57 PM
I'm happy  Though I'd prefer Kurenai for Rusty Nail

Agreed with Hypno!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: January 09, 2010, 08:07:57 PM
I prefer that the songs who are in Japanese, remains Japanese.
I don't understand Japanese, but I like those Japanese prononciation (sound, I don't know the right english word) very much!!! All that uuuuuuuuuuuu's and iiiiiiiii's....I love it :-)

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: January 09, 2010, 08:12:05 PM
I'm so excited, the pictures look awesome, I thought that they would just be on that stage outside. I do hope that these aren't English versions of rusty nail and endless rain, but we'll see.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 09, 2010, 08:19:23 PM
I am not especially fond of "Endless rain" but really like the other songs. So I am happy too :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:36:31 PM by Ashemanu »

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: January 09, 2010, 08:22:05 PM
I am not especially fond of "Endless the rain" but really like the other songs. So I am happy too :)
If it's new recording with Sugizo and Pata doing their own solo i have nothing against.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: January 09, 2010, 08:39:43 PM
our without music new......
and do it to record 3 music that jà has videos?
why I had been?

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: January 09, 2010, 08:43:19 PM
I wonder if it's something along the lines of...
maybe the interest hasn't been as big in the world tour as they had expected. honestly i don't trust that X fans could fill the madison square garden for example. so they make new releases of their most fitting songs to try to reach a wider audience and through that be sure that they can complete a world tour with profit.
or so. that's what i hope. SO THAT I CAN FINALLY SEE THIS BAND.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: January 09, 2010, 08:51:07 PM
You mother fuckers lol can't appreciate shit..what did you expect, Art of life? I'm GLAD there are no new songs for this filming, do you really think they would be able to conjure up good songs considering how dysfunctional the band has been? The songs they chose are not only good choices for reaching out to an INTERNATIONAL fan base, but also, I probably speak on behalf of many people as well, I hardly enjoyed watching I.V with bits of Saw IV thrown in...god those horrible movies...Anyways, Jade needed a P.V. I'm sure we all expected at least Jade to be one of the 4. Endless rain is classic, VERY powerful song which I have found to be enjoyed by just about EVERYONE I show it to, despite their dominant interests. Finally, while Rusty Nail is the most Japanese song of the 4 selected, it's a REALLY catchy song that should be successful at opening up new fan to X Japan.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #134 on: January 09, 2010, 08:53:35 PM
Okay I didn't read through everything now, but I agree with Feudal on what he said about the choice of songs. They make sense if they want to go international now. :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: January 09, 2010, 08:55:05 PM
You mother fuckers lol can't appreciate shit..what did you expect, Art of life?

That would be awsome

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: January 09, 2010, 08:59:54 PM

That would be awsome

Yes it would, however, not realistic at all.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: January 09, 2010, 09:03:28 PM

That would be awsome

Yes it would, however, not realistic at all.

ofcourse not it's PV not movie

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #138 on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:30 PM
I agree with Feudal about I.V. It would be wonderful to see a PV for that song without the foul promo shots of Saw IV. The ONLY reason I might bite the bullet and buy that POS is to get the video of I.V. at the end. I have considered it frequently, but frankly, I can watch it on You Tube without dropping coin on it and promoting such tripe. I agree with Hypno, I would have been happier if it was Kurenai instead of Rusty Nail simply because of what Kurenai means to me, but Rusty Nail has an International appeal. Jade was a given, it needed to be done, and since it has a pathos similar to Without You, Endless Rain is a less redundant choice, and again may be more appealing to the main stream International first time listener. I'm happy with all of the choices, but then, I have been told I'm easy. LOL.

The photos all rock,  here, on twitter and at LAWeekly. Thanks to everyone who posted the links! Love!  :-*

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:08 PM
Okay I'm sorry, but you do NOT say that "wee are recording four major X-Japan music videos" and then have this major setup, have all these awesome new sets, old/new VK style costumes and everything, just for songs we already have, that's not what "four new major X-Japan PV's" sounds like at all, really dumb move.

Well at least I'm not saying "well these new songs are shot, X are getting worse and worse" at least we're at the same level as before. Syill, majorly dissapointing.

That girl on the JRR forums going "I have the four secret songs, but I'm keeping them tee hee hee" didn't help either.

Also, you people saying "they selected those four songs because they're the best out of X's entire library that would appeal to the worldwide market".

Don't you realise that all that is is basically saying "we're picking mainstream songa for the mainstream market for money", that's not right, you've got to have at least one classic metal song in there as they are a metal band.

I would have no problem with 'Blue Blood, Rusty Nail, I.V and Endless Rain'.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:28:18 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: January 09, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
This is the attitude that saddens me. This IS an exciting event, for fuck sake we're lucky they are back, despite how wishy-washy it has been since 2007. Listen, do you really think a song such as "vanishing love" will attract as many people as something like Endless Rain or Rusty Nail? These are ideal songs to introduce North America TO X Japan which will THEN allow people to investigate further and FIND old songs and then like/dislike them. Also, Ulq, you make it seem like they are not allowed to have a certain style of fashion for these songs..who are you to judge that. I think they fit quite nicely.

Ok so you're comfortable with selecting Blue Blood over Jade which is their latest song that makes the MOST sense to be featured in this filming. I mean come on, it was a given from the announcement of this that Jade will be one of the four.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:24:21 PM by Feudal »

shane140

Reply #141 on: January 09, 2010, 09:24:44 PM

Don't you realise that all that is is basically saying "we're picking mainstream songa for the mainstream market for money", that's not right, you've got to have at least one classic metal song in there as they are a metal band.

It's not necessarily just for money, of course they are going to pick mainstream songs as they are trying to gain new audiences. Even I agree with the song choices and I love their older songs as much as new ones. They're not just a metal band, they have no specific genre.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: January 09, 2010, 09:31:57 PM
Forget what I said about the fashion thing that was dumb, but as for the metal music stuff, if they are a band of all genres and they're trying to introduce themselves to an entirely new audience showing all their types of music, then they should have had one of their metal classics as one of the four songs, they are a huge HUGE part of what they are.

Me replacing Jade was dumb too, I should've said I.V.

Also I've said it once and I'll say it again, they've been back for over 2 and a half years now, that's more then enough time to get your shit together, it seems more then enough time with every other band, and therefore imo, the time for saying "oh forgive them, be nice, be grateful they're even here!" was over a year ago, its been far too long now, so I'm sick of hearing that excuse, everytime X-Japan screws something up everyone immediatly jumps in with the "we forgive every bad mistake they ever make because we should be grateful they even came back" excuse, its tiring, and 2 and a half years is more than enough time to sort all this out.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:35:54 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: January 09, 2010, 09:35:19 PM
...they should have had one of their metal classics as one of the four songs, they are a huge HUGE part of what they are...

i agree with this, metal is what they started with and what brought them to fame

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: January 09, 2010, 09:44:40 PM
Forget what I said about the fashion thing that was dumb, but as for the metal music stuff, if they are a band of all genres and they're trying to introduce themselves to an entirely new audience showing all their types of music, then they should have had one of their metal classics as one of the four songs, they are a huge HUGE part of what they are.

Me replacing Jade was dumb too, I should've said I.V.

Also I've said it once and I'll say it again, they've been back for over 2 and a half years now, that's more then enough time to get your shit together, it seems more then enough time with every other band, and therefore imo, the time for saying "oh forgive them, be nice, be grateful they're even here!" was over a year ago, its been far too long now, so I'm sick of hearing that excuse, everytime X-Japan screws something up everyone immediatly jumps in with the "we forgive every bad mistake they ever make because we should be grateful they even came back" excuse, its tiring, and 2 and a half years is more than enough time to sort all this out.

Yes but what you're forgetting to understand is that they are a band that was exclusive to Japan with an almost shocking little to no existence in the West. Then comes ten years of separation, each member doing different things. A reunion happens, they are all older and things are slightly different. The goal is now to attain an international fan base and be recognized worldwide. This is not easy since 99% of what they wrote was exclusive to Japan more or less. Furthermore, it is undeniable that Yoshiki has unfortunately had many problems physically since the reunion. They've had poor management, had to make changes, a wave of rumours of people leaving etc...it's been a roller coaster since they came back. It's not so easy for a band that is so legendary in one country alone to have much success on an international level when they in a sense, are building a name and image for themselves from the ground up. It would've been cool to see some old metal stuff of theirs but bands move along sadly.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:46:36 PM by Feudal »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: January 09, 2010, 09:50:34 PM
I'm very curious about the Wolf picture  :D

For which song would it be?

That wolf picture reminds me of a film with Jack Nicholson... ;D

Anyone has an idea or imagination?

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:14 PM

Yeah pata is going werewolf  during his solo in jade, whait there is no solo in jade...hmmm

shane140

Reply #147 on: January 09, 2010, 10:02:06 PM

Yeah pata is going werewolf  during his solo in jade, whait there is no solo in jade...hmmm
LOL Pata as a werewolf would be amazing XDD. There could be a solo in Jade just yet, I doubt it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: January 09, 2010, 10:18:24 PM
Ok.

Pata the werewolf, Heath the pirate , Yoshiki a young beautiful innocent girl .
And Toshi and Sugizo?
What should they do?
The pirate should have to do something with the sea, but the werewolf I don't know if he would swim.
Anyone got ideas for a script?

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: January 09, 2010, 10:48:38 PM
maybe there'll be a better solo than that noise thing in the actual I.V. song... and maybe a solo in Jade. :D

oh well, we'll see. Hope they don't take years to release the PVs and air them quick ! I'm curious about Rusty Nail and Endless Rain sung in english.